Lost Loyalty with pet

Gwenwyn - Raging Tide
Gwenwyn - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
So I had a Glacial Walker, hit 48, decided to spend the money on getting a Herc, as its a good game, something I'd be playing a good long time. I get the Herc up to 38, and full on Loyalty from meat I bought on AH, I revert to egg once I also revert the GW for my better pet so I can sell the GW. When I rehatch the Herc as the first slot in my pet bag, when I summon, all the Loyalty is gone, I went from Loyal to Wild. Is this supposed to happen? Or is it some bug? My Herc was fed when I unsummoned it, I also had the Arcane Book that I bought once I got full loyalty points, once I reverted to egg and then rehatched it, its like everything just reset. Icon showed pet was peckish and wild, 80% of normal damage dealt, and nerf on experiance gain. I had bought the 2 gold for the Arcane book with money from the spare PF I had. And now my pet is wild, not even tame. Is this some kind of bug I found, or is there something I did not read that reverting pet back to egg, "pisses it off or something, killing loyalty." Something an admin might want to look into and if this loss in loyalty is to be that way, or if something got messed up somehow. Is such a reset on loyalty normal?

Edit: I had the Arcane Book equipped when this happened.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Gwenwyn - Raging Tide on

Comments

• LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    rofl. Poor veno. You apartently never knew that if you revert any pet back to it's egg for (and even all-class pets and mounts for that matter), any and all loyalty is gone. You basically start from square one.

As for your arcane book, you most likely lost that when you reverted the pet.
  • Gwenwyn - Raging Tide
    Gwenwyn - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Did not relise that, saw no sort of warning, "you will loose loyalty when doing this..."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teumessia - Heavens Tear
    Teumessia - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Sad but true. Pet loses all loyalty when reverted back to egg form. I guess it only adds insult to injury after paying 200k to revert the herc in the first place b:sad
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    There is no warning because this part of the game works on the assumption that you realise whenever you hatch an egg, it will have no loyalty.

This is why mounts have no loyalty when you buy them from other players and hatch them.

It is why levelled pets have no loyalty when you hatch them a second time.

It is they the pets you catch and hatch in the first place have no loyalty when you hatch them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I had bought the 2 gold for the Arcane book with money from the spare PF I had.

Buy or make a tome. It never expires and always keeps a pet fed as well.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    as has been stated this is not a bug it is just how it works, you basicly have cast it aside and when you retame it have to work from ground one to gain its trust (aka loyalty) again. Also, buy a tome, +mag or mag/vit if your arcane, or a christmas blessing if you see one cheap, you will be glad you did
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Definitely you want a tome if you have a legendary pet. Using Arcane books will cost you a fortune. You can find tomes from 1 mil+ in the AH, or if you want to make one get 4 mystical tome pages (1 gold each in cash shop) and 3 tome fragments (can find in catshops often) and take them to the tome forge in 1k Streams. Going to cost you a little more than two arcane books, but it is a permanent thing so saves a lot of money that way. Then just keep meat or cookies around for whenever your herc dies and you need to boost loyalty again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842