Squad menu change

Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
So..just a possible suggestion on this.
The T menu option is real nice, but perhaps there could be a new addition to it?
[ ] PK enabled players
[ ] Non PK enabled players

Something along those lines, were you can solely select people that you are PvPing against in a PK war. It's quite a nuissance to be PKing against 10~ people, and trying to target someone while scrolling through dozens and dozens of people just standing there blue name.
Would make PKing alot better in that aspect IMO.

/suggestions - opinions?
Post edited by Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Now, see, it's an inventive idea, but no.

Cause you aren't supposed to be using the squad option to target people so you can kill them, after all. You know, that window is for targeting somebody and adding them into a squad. And while you might want to use this to add people in PK to your squad, it would be horribly abused as a target feature by other people, too.

So, inventive, but no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Have white protection off then hit tab?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Umm..what?
    Since when are you not supposed to be using it for PK
    What do you think people do in TW/normal pvp?

I'm not gonna be moving my camera in 100 different angles to find someone
    And I won't be tabbing to select 10 mobs before i find my target..thats just stupid.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Umm..what?
    Since when are you not supposed to be using it for PK
    What do you think people do in TW/normal pvp?

I'm not gonna be moving my camera in 100 different angles to find someone
    And I won't be tabbing to select 10 mobs before i find my target..thats just stupid.

That's not my problem.

My point is that you are trying to change it so that you can utilise it for a function it is not designed to be utilised for. Get the idea?

It's designed to target members and invite them to squad. If your suggestion was relevant to it's real function then you might get more support for it. But as far as the company goes, they aren't going to edit this feature to make it a "target player for you to kill" feature because that is not what it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If there's a PK war, my guess is that most of the mobs around have been aoed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I support this. Remove the classes you don't want to kill, select only the people in PK mode and start killing.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    it should be more options, and some tweaked.. for example I would much appreciate that TAB funcition works for players up to 30 metters around you not 100.. that bad IMO.

and Squad for 8 grrrrrrrrrrrrr as there are 8 calsses b:surrender
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • Yondarys - Dreamweaver
    Yondarys - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Not exactly what u wanted, but if you know the class of the ppl you are pking, then turn off all other class listings. That would at least shorten the list.
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe! ~Carl Sagan~
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My point is that you are trying to change it so that you can utilise it for a function it is not designed to be utilised for. Get the idea?

It's designed to target members and invite them to squad. If your suggestion was relevant to it's real function then you might get more support for it. But as far as the company goes, they aren't going to edit this feature to make it a "target player for you to kill" feature because that is not what it is.

Says who? b:chuckle

Please provide a link to any official guide or GM statement to back up your claims.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    All these BM defending the T menub:chuckle
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    All these BM defending the T menub:chuckle

b:surrender

Everyone uses T for PvP. Who actually uses it to squad people with except those random invites you get from lowbies when flying over quest areas? b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well no one is gonna scroll all around the map trying to find the right target in pvp.
    Dont know a single players that doesn't automatically presses "T" when suspicious green dots are incoming to get a target.

Problem is when everyone turns on "Looking for more party members" and specially in TW. Even if you filter out right classes you're aiming for, it will still be 20-30 "Looking for more party members" that pops up when you press T. Than you have to like click every single one of them to identify who it is. Also its very hard to click players with the massive lag so at certain points in TW alt-tabbing is the only option to get any target if you cant assist attack b:surrender.

Im pretty happy they made it so you can target players my clicking their fowl now tho. Was a real nuisance when you couldn't target people because of the all-class pets in TW. I do wish they would remove the "looking for party members" option. Or just make the text shorter so you could see who the player was just by opening T.