New to the Tideborn? Enter messages here for skills and effects you fing useful!

Draigonal - Raging Tide
Draigonal - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Psychic
Okay, I've become a new user for the tideborn, but I see them as a debuff/buff class with tricky spell power able to pull tank like mages from WoW, so I play mine like a trickster running, and jumping while shooting what I can. I take the role of Loki when I play him. If you all can explain your way of playing them, or just show how you spec your trees so that we othwers can follow somewhat, please do so. Maybe new players can respect it, and learn from our experiance. I hope to hear from ya. Good Luck Gamers!!!b:thanks
Post edited by Draigonal - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Samsoul - Lost City
    Samsoul - Lost City Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think the difference between wizards and psychics is how they approach their enemies.

Take wizard for example, attack, attack, knockback, kite, attack attack. etc.
    Psychic seems to do everything to stand their ground. Sleep, stun, knockback that cancels channelling.

Personally, I only use my stun/sleep(SEAL >.>) skills on inc life mobs or ranged ones. Always use your range to your advantage.

I meant seal QQ, glacial embrace.

shuddupppp. :<
    Samsoul - fail psychic of Lost City!

...I will melt your brain... and decrease your IQ by 150...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    since when did psychic have a sleep?

Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Daose - Harshlands
    Daose - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    since when did psychic have a sleep?

That.

Anyway, I actually find Psychics kind of similar to Wizards in regular PvE. Slow, Knockback, Big nukes, etc...it's where PvP is concerned that they operate differently. While wizards just try to nuke the **** out of everything, psychics seem to be more about gradually wearing down your opponent, physically and mentally.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Take wizard for example, attack, attack, knockback, kite, attack attack. etc.
    Psychic seems to do everything to stand their ground. Sleep, stun, knockback that cancels channelling.

Actually wizard also stand on their ground since mid lv.
    Biggest difference is :
    wizard hit hard, has escape skill, has buff to cast instantly, best magic resist debuff.
    psychic hit fast, has soul force, buff to increase charm tick or debuff to decrease charm tick, black & white vodoo.

But since psychic still waiting for demon sage and 79 skills who know . . b:bye
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Toonsurfer - Sanctuary
    Toonsurfer - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    as a psy I have learned to keep lots of chi and mp food, little things like psy will and sparks work wonders for fighting others. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Psy is squishy, but lvling White Voodoo will help in dire situations. I've just hit 40 on my Psy and i've died what..5 times? Tend to kill things before they reach us, 1-2 hits at low lvls..this lvl about 3-4 hits..plus a knockback that interrupts casting is helpful vs magic mobs.
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • XKi - Lost City
    XKi - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ok if you've died like 5 times against mobs you obviously dont know how to use your skills and approximate the distance you need to not get hit while casting landslide :P a psy is only squishy if you let others or mobs hit you...b:chuckle and also fighting with a psy is similar to a wiz....you nuke the **** out of your apponent, only difference is you can resist and deflect damage...using the soulburn and other debuffs dont really have that much use if you're going to get rpk'd....but they're very useful in terra. wars.
  • Chaira - Dreamweaver
    Chaira - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    a psy is only squishy if you let others or mobs hit you...

That would be the same for any class i guess so no ranged class is squishy at all? interesting