Discarded by my own faction. Should I leave?

ninjacutes
ninjacutes Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
I'm part of an active TW guild (we own land) and while many of the players in it are good people, I'm starting to feel like a tool for some of them. For the second time, I was kicked from an FF squad in favor of another faction mate of my class. I was experienced in FF, I play my class pretty well, there have been no complaints at all about me in the past, and I'm always asked to be a part of squads. I guess the fact that getting kicked rarely happens to me is what gets to me. I understand that that the player who took my spot may have been a closer friend of my squad mates or they think that person could play the class better. Whatever the case, I thought it was rude for my OWN FACTION to kick me when I was already in the squad. I felt discarded.

/QQ
Post edited by ninjacutes on

Comments

• Isjitar - Sanctuary
    Isjitar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well... tell your faction, not us (:

I understand how you feel, but if you have friends there too, should you just leave them for this? I'm sure there are people that want you to stay because the person you are, and not because your class and level. Maybe you should contact your leader or another officer about this, thats what i do in my faction xD If you like most of them but just feel as a tool for some of them, then just dont let them use you, and be there for the people you like!
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That's when you have to decide what's your top priority in a faction. Is it that you get to do TW, or that you like everyone and can always have a good conversation? I know some factions where pretty much all they do is run instances all day, but the faction itself is fractured into small cliques of people that don't get along with anyone but each other. Whenever I ask someone from that faction "Do you like the people?" They usually say "Well I like ____, ____, and ____..." But if you NEED instances run and being friends with your faction isn't a top priority, being in that faction isn't a bad idea.

Like Is said, this is an issue that should be raised to the people who kicked you, or officers of the faction if it persists. Keep in mind that a few people are not the entire faction as well; leaving the faction would mean leaving the few people you don't like AND the people you do like. So don't leave without thought and an attempt to solve the problem if you like the faction in general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • ReWritten - Lost City
    ReWritten - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This may sound harsh.....but...................

Delete ur char, uninstall the game..... and BANG ur problem solve
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I know some factions where pretty much all they do is run instances all day, but the faction itself is fractured into small cliques of people that don't get along with anyone but each other.

Every faction with more than 30 active members is like this though, nothing new. Nostalgia was like that, Ominous was like that, Essence is like that.

You need to find a group of your own friends in-faction and participate mainly with them.

There is no 'perfect' faction. You can find siimilar flaws in any of them. You just need to find one that you like the majority of the people and can accomplish most of your goals with a little effort knowing that there will always be some things that you will just not be able to accomplish without pushing a few buttons and work to find people that will help you.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That's when you have to decide what's your top priority in a faction. Is it that you get to do TW, or that you like everyone and can always have a good conversation? I know some factions where pretty much all they do is run instances all day, but the faction itself is fractured into small cliques of people that don't get along with anyone but each other. Whenever I ask someone from that faction "Do you like the people?" They usually say "Well I like ____, ____, and ____..." But if you NEED instances run and being friends with your faction isn't a top priority, being in that faction isn't a bad idea.

I cant say i honestly know even half the people in my guild, I dont dislike anyone however. Anytime you get a guild of 200 people its very hard to be friends and work with them all. i would need alot more hours in the day for that b:surrender

at op: i would speak with the officers, explain your side, i am sure they will speak with those involved and get thier side then go from there.. if it doesnt get resolved and keeps happening either avoid the person involved or find a new home depending on how much you like it in that guild
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i think, if they treat you like ****, yes you should leave. dont put up with that ****
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Every faction with more than 30 active members is like this though, nothing new. Nostalgia was like that, Ominous was like that, Essence is like that.

You need to find a group of your own friends in-faction and participate mainly with them.

There is no 'perfect' faction. You can find siimilar flaws in any of them. You just need to find one that you like the majority of the people and can accomplish most of your goals with a little effort knowing that there will always be some things that you will just not be able to accomplish without pushing a few buttons and work to find people that will help you.

Really? I've seen a lot of active members that have nearly all gotten along. I'm not saying that every single person gets along, but some factions it ends up particularly bad. There will always be a few people you don't like, but in the factions I've been a part of, it's been "I like everyone except these five people", not "I only like these five people" like I've heard of a few. Doesn't make them a bad faction, just cliquey. b:surrender Probably have their good points as well, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well if it was a one time deal, don't leave. It just might be that they felt that the other person needed it more or whatever.

But if this happens again or more than once (aka repeatedly), leave the faction. Its unfair to treat you like this and you should never be kicked from a squad like that. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hey man, if you're still leader kick their **** out, dont give them the power to do that to you.

that said dont overreact either >.>
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My two cents: if there's no one in faction with whom you absolutely REFUSE to squad with, it's either a small faction, or you haven't gotten to know the members. Every faction has jerks.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Really? I've seen a lot of active members that have nearly all gotten along. I'm not saying that every single person gets along, but some factions it ends up particularly bad. There will always be a few people you don't like, but in the factions I've been a part of, it's been "I like everyone except these five people", not "I only like these five people" like I've heard of a few. Doesn't make them a bad faction, just cliquey. b:surrender Probably have their good points as well, though.

Erm... yeah. I didn't really mean the whole kick someone else out of party just so they could invite a closer friend... that's just rude and wrong. But each faction has it's small cliques. I didn't say that made them a bad faction.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Bebisito - Dreamweaver
    Bebisito - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Another angle could simply be that since you're the leader, they feel like they're bothering you/wasting your time with stuff like that. Maybe they think finding someone else to fill your role is like doing a favor for you.

I don't however think it's right of them to ask you to come and then change their minds without explaining themselves. Like other people had said, you should really express yourself to them.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't know if this is your faction you made up.You could ask why or you could just kick them.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • ThEexECuTioN - Dreamweaver
    ThEexECuTioN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well... tell your faction, not us (:

I understand how you feel, but if you have friends there too, should you just leave them for this? I'm sure there are people that want you to stay because the person you are, and not because your class and level. Maybe you should contact your leader or another officer about this, thats what i do in my faction xD If you like most of them but just feel as a tool for some of them, then just dont let them use you, and be there for the people you like!
    i was appointed leader of a faction. but since there is never anyone online my friend offered me a space in Angelic. i would rather join there's but i can't leave mine i can't resign or whatever. do you know how i can fix this?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you dont like the way the faction you are in works, than start your own faction and run it the way you want.

Problem solved.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i was appointed leader of a faction. but since there is never anyone online my friend offered me a space in Angelic. i would rather join there's but i can't leave mine i can't resign or whatever. do you know how i can fix this?

ehh...me suggest you don't hijack threads in the future.
    but um what you do is pass lead then leave.
    make an alt, make it leader, leave, then forget it about it.
    b:surrender
    either that or find someone willing to be leader.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My two cents: if there's no one in faction with whom you absolutely REFUSE to squad with, it's either a small faction, or you haven't gotten to know the members. Every faction has jerks.

Actually.... not true....

We had a similar situation once in our faction as the OP and the offender got booted from the faction very quickly.

We've always put priority to upholding honour and dignity, so.... jerks don't last with us very long. Sure they crop up now and then, but they get weeded out as they do.

So my advice: Leave the faction and join one that focuses on values that you can support such as equality among races and levels. Meaning, if you have a full squad, you don't boot someone to get a higher DD dealing class, or someone higher lvl of the same class. If someone leaves, or it's agreed that's different, but it should never be forced, or pressured.