3k hp?!?

Options
TempestRayne - Harshlands
TempestRayne - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Wizard
Hi every1..

I have a question regarding the hp amount that recommened for wizzies at lvl 80... i think. and also the true def. of "pure"

I am lvl 79 now and i only have 1,777 hp. When others wizards say we should have at least 3k hp when doin fc, do u get that from refining ur equipment or sharding ur armor? i ask this b/c i dont c how i can get 3k hp without does 1 or the other (dont bash me for that comment.. i know that a given).. but i was told that i shouldnt put hp shards on my armor.. only phy def. and get the hp from only refines.

on the flip side.. i sometimes take a peek at other equipment during bhs, TTruns, etc. b:quiet.. and i notice that i have a little extra more vit stats and hp shards on my equipment. yet, they still have more hp then i do (500-600 more). This brings me to my 2nd question.. When ppl say they r pure magic, do they mean NOT LA , stat on req str/a little on vit/rest on magic, or 1str 9magic every 1 lvls (im this btw b:victory). cause most wizzies i encounter say they have like 20 extra vit, yet still call themselves "pure".

idk.. mayb i missed the memo when all of this changed b:question
Post edited by TempestRayne - Harshlands on

Comments

• Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have roughly 2.7k HP without buff at level 77 (current) I get like 3k def with BM buff and stone barrier and all my gear has HP shards for now. With barb buff my HP is roughly 3.4k but 1.7k HP at 79 is so low! I get told i have the perfect amount of HP for my level alot
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    forget FF for a while. most squads only recruit 85+ (they don't really know why but that's what they do). by the time you're 85+ you'll have more HP and items with better stats so don't worry much right now.

rather than getting arcane items with citrines (which would make you really squishy versus anything that hits physical), get good 3-star phys belt/necklace with +hp adds. it's cheap and works better. refine all the armoury to +2 or maybe +3 and you'll be ok. also take your time at the auction house until you find a lvl81 arcane hat with good adds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Full mag build = no added vit.
    You get more hp with both shards and refines, although shards give you more hp.

I agree with solomon on the pdef neck/belt, but getting arcane items with citrines is worth it if you pdef neck/belt are good enough.

For ex: I've got both fcc green orns, one's +3'd, the other +4'd, and it gives me enough pdef to shard with barely any garnets at all. Which is why the combination of +3 refines on everything and all flaw/immac cits (22 of them total, with 2 garnet shards) gives me over 3.5k hp, and I still have over 1.8k pdef completely unbuffed.

But this is really expensive.

Nonetheless, I would say get both some flaw cits and refine to +2 on your armors, and you'd have adequate hp imo. If your belt/neck are lacking, throw in a garnet here and there.

I would say under 2k hp is not good. 2.5k should be your goal.
  • shaudy
    shaudy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    so basically ur saying always get phy def belts/neck.. and refine all my gear to +2 or 3.. But if that dont give me 2.5 hp.. throw in some flawless hp shards untill i reach that unbuffed?

does that mean after i reach 2.5 hp unbuffed.. shard the remaining sockets with phy def. shards?
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Socketing imaculates and refining to more than +3 is a waste before lvl 90 imho, since leveling is so fast these days. Always getting pdef ornaments is a no brainer. What I did was looking for good hp addons on three star items (some molds are really horrible, don't use them just because they are molds...) and socket garnet/citrine shards roughly 2:1. I ended up with like 2.6k hp unbuffed and about 3.5k pdef selfbuffed without any good refines. True some gamma squads were kinda worried about my hp, but the pdef made up for it. I never had trouble finishing. Don't bother with fc till 85+. Later you can carry Sky Demon's Pearl, which gives a nice hp boost. You can refine that part as well since it will last you a long time (even endgame it is still a nice choice), unless you get tt90 gold neck, or puzzle cube belt if you are lucky/rich...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Socketing imaculates and refining to more than +3 is a waste before lvl 90 imho, since leveling is so fast these days. Always getting pdef ornaments is a no brainer. What I did was looking for good hp addons on three star items (some molds are really horrible, don't use them just because they are molds...) and socket garnet/citrine shards roughly 2:1. I ended up with like 2.6k hp unbuffed and about 3.5k pdef selfbuffed without any good refines. True some gamma squads were kinda worried about my hp, but the pdef made up for it. I never had trouble finishing. Don't bother with fc till 85+. Later you can carry Sky Demon's Pearl, which gives a nice hp boost. You can refine that part as well since it will last you a long time (even endgame it is still a nice choice), unless you get tt90 gold neck, or puzzle cube belt if you are lucky/rich...
    Yep that's true.
    My next goal is to get cube necklace and replace this Sky Demon's Pearl. But it take looong time. I have time.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Here better build (it is from 71 level of my Wizard).

And I don't worry about expenses, because my Wizard ready for any quests even better than some high-level Wizards or characters of other classes.

He can do solo most of the quests.

Edit:
    Even without upgrades at 79 level he will got 3294HP (instead of 3134HP at current level) unbuffed.
    And 4240 physical defense selfbuffed means 60% physical damage reduction at 71 level, 57% physical damage reduction at 79 level from enemies of corresponding level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    @Mumintroll: I'd rather have Warsong Belt, since I use tt90 gold necklace. I just like the sexy stats. b:laugh

@Magicsaber: Of course your stats are better, and the three stars are pretty decent as well (I would replace boots and cape tho..). But omg, what a waste... Four sockets everywhere and 19 imacs (+5 flawless) socket. That is over 20M just for sockets.. On a lvl70+ char.. You could get a nice bunch of lvl 90 gear for the money or keep the shards for your endgame gear (even on lvl100 I got immaculates socket, along with perfects). You are not even on a pvp server, what do you need all the defensive stats for? Quest mobs should barely hit you, in partys it is not your job to tank, rb gamma is easy completed with worse stats, there are no bad aoes on dungeons your lvl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Options
    @Magicsaber: Of course your stats are better, and the three stars are pretty decent as well (I would replace boots and cape tho..). But omg, what a waste... Four sockets everywhere and 19 imacs (+5 flawless) socket. That is over 20M just for sockets.. On a lvl70+ char.. You could get a nice bunch of lvl 90 gear for the money or keep the shards for your endgame gear (even on lvl100 I got immaculates socket, along with perfects). You are not even on a pvp server, what do you need all the defensive stats for? Quest mobs should barely hit you, in partys it is not your job to tank, rb gamma is easy completed with worse stats, there are no bad aoes on dungeons your lvl.

During one day even without 2x drops my character can got up to and more than 1 mln. coins.

And I prefer tank bosses.

I can do fb up to fb39 solo, stand against AoE of Wyvern at fb51 without healing of Cleric.

This is why above equipment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I hope you realise how much endgame gear will cost you. Saving up every little coin helps a lot.

And about tanking bosses: Maybe you should have rolled a barb. b:chuckle Kidding. Sure you can tank magic bosses pretty good (even with worse stats), but what is the sense in not letting tank classes do their work. But I don't wanna tell you how you have to play, it's your decision what to shard. I just wouldn't present it as a normal build for your level. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Xegeth
    Warsong belt in next step after getting cube necklace. And last one is rank 8 I have goals for next few years.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    can u still do cube at 100? ppl on the streets of Archos told me it's not possible.b:pleased

on topic: 3k HP for lvl 80 is just fine.
    You don't need mode. Lvl-up, farm TT for TT90 pants, farm coins for lvl95 event gear

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    @Mumintroll: I'm a bit more modest. :P But that is because I play my LC sin a lot and wanna get rank6 daggers there... So yeah..

@Ursa: Well, if it is not possible, I did several impossible things the last few weeks. But the 8xs on the archosaur streets must know. =P I also heard that you cannot do cs anymore.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jestersig - Heavens Tear
    Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't think it's really necessary to + all your gear very high at this lvl. I'm lvl 76 and have 2.2k hp unbuffed. With barb buff I'm right at 3k hp. I'm pure mag by the way (well almost, I have 15 points in dex for extra crit, but rest is mag and str for gear).

I've done a mix of hp and phys def gems in my armor and I think my highest lvl gems are beautiful. I have a few pieces of equipment with plus. I think my weapon and molded pants are +2 each and my robe is +1 I think. Other than that I don't think it's important to spend too much money on good gems or refinement when you'll reach 80 in a week or so and get new gear.

Also note that it's much cheaper to get molds around lvl 70-80 than to get TT armor and the molded stuff is usually better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hi every1..

I have a question regarding the hp amount that recommened for wizzies at lvl 80... i think. and also the true def. of "pure"

I am lvl 79 now and i only have 1,777 hp. When others wizards say we should have at least 3k hp when doin fc, do u get that from refining ur equipment or sharding ur armor? i ask this b/c i dont c how i can get 3k hp without does 1 or the other (dont bash me for that comment.. i know that a given).. but i was told that i shouldnt put hp shards on my armor.. only phy def. and get the hp from only refines.

on the flip side.. i sometimes take a peek at other equipment during bhs, TTruns, etc. b:quiet.. and i notice that i have a little extra more vit stats and hp shards on my equipment. yet, they still have more hp then i do (500-600 more). This brings me to my 2nd question.. When ppl say they r pure magic, do they mean NOT LA , stat on req str/a little on vit/rest on magic, or 1str 9magic every 1 lvls (im this btw b:victory). cause most wizzies i encounter say they have like 20 extra vit, yet still call themselves "pure".

idk.. mayb i missed the memo when all of this changed b:question
    I put 50 base vit (at 93 she has 380 magic and 103 vit with a mix of 80 gold and 90 green) into my wiz specifically for doing dungeons like this in my 70s/80s. You want the HP because at 1.7K hp you are going to die a whole hell of a lot in FF, and there is a likely chance that you won't even be allowed to squad unless they know you due to that predicament. When refines are more worth it later on you can just reset the vit and put it into mag. You can't handle the aggro you're going to get being pure on those zhens (hallways, big room, dragoons), and you're going to get the living **** smacked out of you by stuff like harpies, bishops, and aoe bosses. Basically, the run will be miserable and that's presuming someone will take you. Unless you wanna do things so slow it takes about 5+ hours.

Putting vit is cheap and easy and helps mitigate the aggro hoaring you're going to do. Refining heavily to get the HP you'll need is a hell of a lot more costly and not smart for lower gear.
  • TempestRayne - Harshlands
    TempestRayne - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I put 50 base vit (at 93 she has 380 magic and 103 vit with a mix of 80 gold and 90 green) into my wiz specifically for doing dungeons like this in my 70s/80s. You want the HP because at 1.7K hp you are going to die a whole hell of a lot in FF, and there is a likely chance that you won't even be allowed to squad unless they know you due to that predicament. When refines are more worth it later on you can just reset the vit and put it into mag. You can't handle the aggro you're going to get being pure on those zhens (hallways, big room, dragoons), and you're going to get the living **** smacked out of you by stuff like harpies, bishops, and aoe bosses. Basically, the run will be miserable and that's presuming someone will take you. Unless you wanna do things so slow it takes about 5+ hours.

Putting vit is cheap and easy and helps mitigate the aggro hoaring you're going to do. Refining heavily to get the HP you'll need is a hell of a lot more costly and not smart for lower gear.

so what r u saying.. it will be easier and less costly to spent 10 bucks to rest 50 magic pts onto vit..then back again for later lvls (BTW im aware that it only cost 5 bucks to restat 50 pts.. im just suming it up to 10 buck altogether), then to spend $___ amount of money for refines.. i c what u mean being that it cost 3 buck per 3* orb! but even after the restating.. would getting a squad b easier (even by a little bit).. or would i still get rejected all the time?

but all in all.. i wouldnt really care about deal damage to my full potienal (please dont bash me for saying that lol b:surrender) i really just wanna stay alive long enouf to get the exp XD.. besides.. no1 will kno how much damage ur doing unless u tell them b:chuckle
  • Synthetic - Harshlands
    Synthetic - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Easy answer, self buffed pdef and HP should be about the same with shards and refines.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Xegeth
    Warsong belt in next step after getting cube necklace. And last one is rank 8 I have goals for next few years.b:pleased

Years? Naw, takes a good few months of hard farming for it. My advice, go with cheap stuff that is resellable (does not bind on equip) and slowly work your way up to the best stuff.

For example, 90 HH green quoit -> CV wand -> rank 8/nirvana.

Each step you can sell back once you obtain the next, eventually reaching endgame.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Years? Naw, takes a good few months of hard farming for it. My advice, go with cheap stuff that is resellable (does not bind on equip) and slowly work your way up to the best stuff.

For example, 90 HH green quoit -> CV wand -> rank 8/nirvana.

Each step you can sell back once you obtain the next, eventually reaching endgame.

According this source fame needed to rank 8 is equal to 200,000.

Even if player wll play every day and at each of those days he/she will get 250 reputation points, then he/she will need 800 days(more than 2 years) to get 8th military rank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    According this source fame needed to rank 8 is equal to 200,000.

Even if player wll play every day and at each of those days he/she will get 250 reputation points, then he/she will need 800 days(more than 2 years) to get 8th military rank.

You can throw all the numbers on how much to farm a day, but I'd rather just say that it only really takes a few months of farming.

fw2bs8.jpg

Naw, I don't cash shop any. Just a lot of hard work to get it.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You can throw all the numbers on how much to farm a day, but I'd rather just say that it only really takes a few months of farming.

fw2bs8.jpg

Naw, I don't cash shop any. Just a lot of hard work to get it.

Damn, i want one too. QQ
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    o.o congratz Haiz! I'm jealous, but you deserve it. Now go kill em all. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]