Robe or LA For PvP

SmilingCooki - Sanctuary
SmilingCooki - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Cleric
So I thought about making a cleric cause I tend to like to help out others instead of just sit there hours on end solo'ing every quest I come across as a veno. But I also like to PK every now and then, so for all those PKing clerics out there, what did you do? Pure robe or LA??
Don't stare at me like that, I just might like it.
Post edited by SmilingCooki - Sanctuary on

Comments

• YuYuu - Dreamweaver
    YuYuu - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    AA clerics are better then LA ones in endgame :3

and welcome to cleric world :D

where some ppl say thank god u're here and other just yell at you: "heal me heal me!!"
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Vit-Robe clerics > LA clerics
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    like Bob said below, hyrbid/vit clerics are generally the way to go. if not, you will be relying VERY heavily on refines closer to end-game and will need to compensate for pdef with shards/protection ornaments.

most clerics have a base of 50 vit and i know some that have upwards of 200 vit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    like Bob said below, hyrbid/vit clerics are generally the way to go. if not, you will be relying VERY heavily on refines closer to end-game and will need to compensate for pdef with shards/protection ornaments.

most clerics have a base of 50 vit and i know some that have upwards of 200 vit.

b:sad i have 218 vits.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    What Bob said.

You get a fair amount of Vit/HP from robes at endgame and you can shard for pdef to get equitable physical resistances to LA without losing out on damage or m def.

Though, really, any build is good in the hands of an experienced player. (Except maybe a pure Dex fist cleric b:surrender)

I pk quite a bit and prefer almost full mag instead of vit or vit-hybrid, but that's just me.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Next to that, you can also compensate for the loss of physical defense by getting protection ornaments like necklaces, belts, headgear, ect. You also have shards that can up your physical defense.

From personal experience I prefer the AA because when going LA you have too much reduction in your magic points. You can hardly make a person's charm tick, unless you refine your weapon to rediculous hights, which is IMO a big waste of time and money.
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Personally I think pk and pvp are slightly different! =X

For pking i'd go arcane with full magic. For pvp which for me personally also encompasses providing support as well as killing- maybe hybrid or LA is better.

If you're just thinking about starting a cleric at the moment better to start with arcane build as its easier to level with. Put as much vit as you think you need and later when you're at a level to pk with you can make adjustments if you feel its not working.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Next to that, you can also compensate for the loss of physical defense by getting protection ornaments like necklaces, belts, headgear, ect. You also have shards that can up your physical defense.

From personal experience I prefer the AA because when going LA you have too much reduction in your magic points. You can hardly make a person's charm tick, unless you refine your weapon to rediculous hights, which is IMO a big waste of time and money.

That applies to high vit builds too! b:chuckle
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • PinkSuccubuS - Lost City
    PinkSuccubuS - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol what i do after i put 6mag 1str each 2 lv is up 2 me i dont need ur approval kid
  • Nieka - Harshlands
    Nieka - Harshlands Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    mulanrouge wrote: »

i has 3 vit cause im pro like that
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    arcane = highest magic damage, lowest physical resistance, physical defense gets even lower with elemental ornaments for channel reduction. not so squishy with expensive endgame gear.
    light = lower magic damage. balanced defenses but low for endgame. able to shard gear with citrines for extra hp while equipping elemental ornaments for channel reduction.
    heavy = lowest magic damage. defensive build, being able to switch from full phys to full mag and mixing. hard to plan and mp bar runs short quickly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • SmilingCooki - Sanctuary
    SmilingCooki - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Made up my mind of just going pure mag. But I has another question. For sharding my gear should I do pdef or vit?
    Don't stare at me like that, I just might like it.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Initially it won't matter much. If you do go pure mag, sharding for vit till at least 90 is a good idea depending on your playstyle. You'll be spamming refines 80+ no matter what, so that will boost your HP nicely. I switched to almost full garnets at 90 and love it (still have citrines in cape and hat) since 90 gear gives plenty of vit/hp bonuses.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray