Starter Wings

degamer14
degamer14 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Cleric
Hi all,

I just had a little question. I see a lot of high clerics flying with the starting wings instead of with the level 30 wings. Are they faster ?

Thanks inadvance,
dg12
Post edited by degamer14 on

Comments

• Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    They start out slower (+0.0 compared to +0.5), but if you level flying mastery they can become much faster (+2.0 compared to +0.5).
  • Ramoose - Dreamweaver
    Ramoose - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm not so sure about that
    even though it says +2.0, doesnt seem to go that fast

Why i say this is because last night after a bh29, i flew to the head hunter along with a friend on their lvl 30 manta, and my wing's passive is at lvl 10, and she got ahead of me by about 3 seconds and i could not catch up at all, but instead she was getting futher apart from me.

So to me, the +2.0 really isnt there O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • YuYuu - Dreamweaver
    YuYuu - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Why i say this is because last night after a bh29, i flew to the head hunter along with a friend on their lvl 30 manta, and my wing's passive is at lvl 10, and she got ahead of me by about 3 seconds and i could not catch up at all, but instead she was getting futher apart from me.

venos and tiger-form-barbs are much more faster than a cleric :/
  • Ramoose - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    But with the free lvl 30 flying mount, my 6.8 speed shoulld easily pass a venos 5.x speed with just a 3 second head start.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited March 2010

I was under the impression that movement speed buffs didn't effect flying speed (unless the skill specifically states it does). At least that's what most of the debates say whenever the topic is brought up. Supposedly the difference in flying speed when using mounts with the same speed is cause by lag.
    But with the free lvl 30 flying mount, my 6.8 speed shoulld easily pass a venos 5.x speed with just a 3 second head start.b:sad

Flying mastery only applies the the wings you start with at level 1.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    degamer14 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I just had a little question. I see a lot of high clerics flying with the starting wings instead of with the level 30 wings. Are they faster ?

Thanks inadvance,
    dg12

I'd like to agree with Delia. With flight mastery lvled, the natural cleric wings are indeed 4x faster than the lvl 30 quest wings. The difference is that the natural wings drain mana while the lvl 30 ones don't. Considering clerics have high mana regen, we can use them as much as we want. The only time I ever used my eagle wings was for killing air mobs because I wanted to save mana, and even that got less as my mana regen increased. Eagle wings also have an acceleration of +2.5, but if you consider the maxed natural elven wing flying speed of +2.0, it's obvious which one is faster on average. (Unless you're willing to spend a fortune on chi stones for replenishing the acceleration. I believe that it takes 1 wuhsing stone to replenish 5 seconds on default lvl 30 aerocraft.)
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Ramoose - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Flying mastery only applies the the wings you start with at level 1.

Those are the wings i am using and i cannot seem to pass a plus +0.5 manta :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Those are the wings i am using and i cannot seem to pass a plus +0.5 manta :(

Are you sure that the person with the manta wasn't accelerating? That may be why you can't pass them. The default skymanta maybe have a flying of +0.5, but its acceleration is faster than your maxed wings. (+2.5 with acceleration vs. +2.0 flying speed with maxed wings)

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This is not true and doesn't apply to flying
    Originally Posted by Ramoose - Dreamweaver View Post

You sure your flight mastery is at lvl 10 as you should flying faster then her unless she is hasting a lot.You go 2.5 at acceleration on.What genie do they have as there is a genie skill that makes you go faster.

Archers stop losing mana at late 20s to Sylredrae.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Archers stop losing mana at late 20s to Sylredrae.

Thanks MystiMonk; I thought it was at lvl 30. I guess that's good news if I decide to start an archer alt. XD

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Trayous - Sanctuary
    Trayous - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Maybe your hair didnt match your wings and that why you was flying slower ? b:chuckle

I definately noticed the 2.0 speed and had those wings for a long long time :) .
  • Ramoose - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    i am sure my flight mastery is at lvl 10, they arent using a genie or accelerating :P
    but im goin to try to race again today and record it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]