Please help me guys!

Options
AirunElMarem - Heavens Tear
AirunElMarem - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Etherblade (West)
Hello,

I have a big problem. I playing PWI on a laptop and my highest resolution is 1366*768. With this I don't see the full map, and I also can't use all teleport. ( for example I can't tele to the new island and timberfield )

I wrote a ticket around a year ago to the GMs but they just said to use resolution which have 4:3 aspect ratio.

Hmm... The highest from this is 1024*768, but with this PWI is really bad, I mean everything is sooooo big and I see nothing just the UI( yes I know they just made the smaller UI, but in 1024*768 it's still big).

So I would like if somebody can help me. In a lot of games players solve these problems, becouse GMs are lazy. Maybe somebody made a working map? If yes please tell me where can I find it.

Or maybe if a lot of player submit a ticket to repair the map, then GMs will do something.
Post edited by AirunElMarem - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Simplest way to fix this: play Windowed mode, then just stretch the window until it fits your monitor. Everything should be totally fine, afterwards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The top of the map is cut off in widescreen.

I never found anything to fix it...
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • AirunElMarem - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I did what u say, but I still don't see the full map. I uploaded an SS to ImageShack.
    Here you can see: http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/84/20100330230423.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I did what u say, but I still don't see the full map. I uploaded an SS to ImageShack.
    Here you can see: http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/84/20100330230423.jpg

Are you playing in Windowed mode? Where you can actually move the client around and stuff, and you can usually see your Windows Start Bar and stuff? If so, can you send another screenshot?

Also, perhaps turning off widescreen would help too, as Fliiick mentioned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Here you can see: http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8412/pwi.jpg
    I tried to untick 16:9, to tell you the truth that button doesn't really did anything.
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah unticking widescreen does jack **** tbh.

You're just stuck with it D:
    Former Tao Director

Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Here you can see: http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8412/pwi.jpg
    I tried to untick 16:9, to tell you the truth that button doesn't really did anything.

Ah...well, the screenshot's much better. Let's see...you unticked widescreen...the only other thing I can really suggest is playin' around with the various resolutions until something manageable comes up. Sorry I can't do much more. ^^;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2010
    Options
    http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5460/pwinowide.jpg This is the same, as you see widescreen really does nothing.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5460/pwinowide.jpg This is the same, as you see widescreen really does nothing.

Hm...well, I guess I'm stumped, then. The next option I can give to you is either PM'ing a GM here, or sending in a ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hm...well, I guess I'm stumped, then. The next option I can give to you is either PM'ing a GM here, or sending in a ticket.

Having the top cut off in widescreen is a known issue. It's pointless to send a ticket.
    Former Tao Director

Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Having the top cut off in widescreen is a known issue. It's pointless to send a ticket.

Aww...

b:surrender

...well, I've never had it. Guess my monitor is just awesome-sauce.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2010
    Options
    And what about with the new area? I can't tele to the new capital.
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You know you have a problem when it's Konari answering your questions. b:tired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sleepcat wrote: »
    You know you have a problem when it's Konari answering your questions. b:tired

...h-hey! What's that supposed to mean...?

b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    PW has failed widescreen map since the china version came out.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well, if you want a bad solution. You can always turn your screen into more of a square resolution, instead of a rectangle when you want to teleport.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It doesn't sound like a great solution, I know - but I play in Windowed mode and slightly alter my client so that it doesn't take up the whole screen widthways. I can just about get all the teleports this way (bonus is that I can see who is talking in TS in that little gap now b:pleased).
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I use window scree on my laptop and pc and i never encounter any problems....in your case maybe just uninstal pwi client, reinstal it and run window mode by default settings.