can we change the TW beginning hour?

Paulus__ - Sanctuary
Paulus__ - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
TW is failed because of the hour. european's players have to wake up at 5 AM to start the fight. Thats crazy. Im sure the colour of the map will change if tw hour changed. Many hight level european player never participate at tw. The tw should start only 2 or 3 hrs later and it wil be ok.

This game is made for american players,but im sure around 30 or 40 % of player come from europe and other country.

I dont want to be laught at (so many people do that !) then i take my alt to speak, but i have a high level char on sanctuary and never participate yet to tw because of the hour.b:cry

Any advice?
Post edited by Paulus__ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    TW is failed because of the hour. european's players have to wake up at 5 AM to start the fight. Thats crazy. Im sure the colour of the map will change if tw hour changed. Many hight level european player never participate at tw. The tw should start only 2 or 3 hrs later and it wil be ok.

This game is made for american players,but im sure around 30 or 40 % of player come from europe and other country.

I dont want to be laught at (so many people do that !) then i take my alt to speak, but i have a high level char on sanctuary and never participate yet to tw because of the hour.b:cry

Any advice?

I dont play in Sanctuary but I assume the TW time is the same as Lost City and Heavens Tear because they are all in West Coast. This is one of the few reasons I play in Harshlands (PvP) because it is in East Coast, so the TW starts 3-4 hours ealier than in West Coast and since I live in Europe the ping is also better for me.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    And if they did it a few hours earlier, it would make it so people living in the middle east could play, since the weekend in the states is when work starts in some countries. And being 3 hours earlier, most adults in the European countries would be able to play. Only the kids might get screwed, but meh.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Any advice?
    I'm not getting how "im sure around 30 or 40% of player come from europe..." It would seem only PWI has that knd of information. I ran a server in another game for 5 years and used to track the number of players on over the 24 hour period. While we had several European players that were very engaged on the forums, consistently over that five year period the in-game population reached a lull during European hours and a peak during North American east coast hours. Given hard data like that, we tended to cater to the east coast players if there was a regional thing being requested (e.g. "More DM events for Europeans please!"). I'm sure that those Eurpoeans who were quite busy on the forums thought that some 30 or 40% of players were also from Europe too... human phenomena known as "confirmation bias." -_^

Presumably PWI is happy with the TW situation as is since there's a lot of QQ about a particular faction dominating the map and it's been said repeatedly that TW is a "side thing." If that's true (I'm not agreeing or disagreeing), then it's because PWE makes it's revenue off of this game for the most part outside of TW. If it doesn't make them money, they aren't likely to put effort in to change it unless it would make them more money. If in fact Europeans on the Sanctuary server (a west coast server), only represent 5-15% of the populace, they surely are not going to change things to suit the minority if there's any possibility of a backlash from the majority (not to mention no increase in PWE revenues).

My advice would be for you to re-roll a character on an east coast server if you want to engage in TW.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    What i notice is that because European players get up at such an hour to TW, generally they are more serious about it. They are more likely to care when they lose, more likely to be dissatisfied at poor TW results, etc.

idk just something i've noticed >.<
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There are quite a few 2PM PST slots (aka 11pm) for euro players..

But if you are THAT serious about tw, just set up an alarm clock. There's plenty of people that are euro players that TW every week. Besides, it's not like you gotta be up early for work or anything on weekends or anything.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    European players aren't the only people who have trouble getting up early for TW. You would be surprised at how many state-side players miss TW because they nap through their alarms and stuff xD
    I personally like the dedication Europeans show when they do get up early to participate. Kudos :3
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Oh Quilue thats exactly how I get... Swearing on vent at pixels because I'm up at 4am to go to a TW. Usually why I have tele's at hand to World Chat my anger afterwards. Still even through the rage TW is pretty much always fun.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    just recently joined tw faction,missed 1 tw out of 3..yeah alarms dont work sometimes.
    doubt they would change time,but if they do it ill rather they put it few hrs b4,
    so we got tw around 11pm or midnight.
    instead of waking up at 7am on weekend..only days when i can sleep long b:sad
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Any advice?
    doubt the game will actually do anything. Maybe another approach is shift your sleeping schedule and go to sleep 2-3hrs early the day before. Thats what i did when i had to wake up for a 3am instance in another MMO >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There's just no way i would wake up at 5am for a TW.. besides, my mum would rush into my room asking me what the heck i'm doing at that hour..

I try to go to most TWs that are at 11pm (2pm ingame) or at 8pm (2am ingame Eastern server). Too bad all my TW-factions have TWs at 8pm (server time) b:sad

I'll just have to wait till i'm an adult i guess...
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • svaarog
    svaarog Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'll just have to wait till i'm an adult i guess...

Sorry Mate but no..

..I am 22 years old and I have to work, can't stay up all night, no serious faction will ever let me in cause last night I slept over TW yet again, it would be selfish to ask to change TW hours cause of me but there are THOUSANDS of other players from the European Continent.

Svaarog - Sanctuary.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    svaarog wrote: »
    Sorry Mate but no..

..I am 22 years old and I have to work, can't stay up all night, no serious faction will ever let me in cause last night I slept over TW yet again, it would be selfish to ask to change TW hours cause of me but there are THOUSANDS of other players from the European Continent.

Svaarog - Sanctuary.

If PWI change the TW time to satisfy one group of people, another group will make the same exact thread you're making right now.

Since our server is located on West Coast of USA, they're gonna stick to a time that's most convenient to the west coast players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    doubt the game will actually do anything. Maybe another approach is shift your sleeping schedule and go to sleep 2-3hrs early the day before. Thats what i did when i had to wake up for a 3am instance in another MMO >.>

PWI messed up my whole real life, not only sleep but also work!!!

<<fails at synchronizing everything together...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Some timeslots are epic especially the Monday morning ones (Sunday 8pm PST slot). It's fun to explain your boss, teacher or relatives why you have rings under the eyes. lol b:chuckle
  • /Zero/ - Sanctuary7
    /Zero/ - Sanctuary7 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    pwi > rl b:chuckle
  • Spinna - Sanctuary
    Spinna - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I can understand the demand, for PWI TW time changes, but even though it would happen, as some said you wouldn't be the only one asking for time change.

Personnally I am a university student, I work on week-ends and only show up for TW on night time. I couldn't show up later nor earlier and since i want to do TW I adapt myself to the game.

If I were to be like some of you and say I'm not the only one on this game in in a certain situation, therefor I would appreciate you to change your ways because it would please me. And I offer you statistic without defined proof, that please my demands and I also assume that it would please the vast majority of other players who never write on this forums (because they don't read or don't bother writting idk) because I assume to know better.

Well TW in the middle of the week could please me and it would be easy for me to say "due to pass knowledge "I can assure you" that it would please other people because that amount of people are home at these hours, on those days of the week".

Yet such infornation is greatly incomplete.

Are these people fervant "TWers" ? And can you prove it ?
    Are these people simply on the game on these days ?
    Do these people represent a real challenge for the current faction on the server ?
    How will this affect the other servers on both west coast and east coast ?
    How will this affect the other players of the world ?
    How will this affect the players of America since the server is on that continent ?
    How does those changes represent an economical improvment to the game franchise owners for PW ?
    How will this help those players in the current situation similar to yours, the one who appreciate the current situation and the one who can barely show for TW in this current "again" situation ?

Could you answer those little interrogations with absolute truth answers that can be mystified ? If you can't, and those are just a few questions, then I thank you for your suggestion, but how can you tell your proposition bring a solution to a situation that you assume imporper...

And yeah I'm in class while I write that.