Poor Barbs

2»

Comments

• Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I would never rely on a cleric, sometimes I don't even need cleric at all to heal. But on the topic, BH isn't hard + its boring which makes it even more likely not that much need for a cleric. My barb does fine tanking in FB around his level with people his level, although might need cleric there.

I have to say, invoke more often, frighten, roar. Carry powders while you need to, charms are not really necessary. Genie skill solid shield, second wind and tree of protection are a bonus. If I squad with randoms I prepare myself for the worst from random squads. Friends are better to rely on when in squad together, and it doesn't always have to be a barb or cleric. Rely on your tactics, and you will succeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I would never rely on a cleric, sometimes I don't even need cleric at all to heal. But on the topic, BH isn't hard + its boring which makes it even more likely not that much need for a cleric. My barb does fine tanking in FB around his level with people his level, although might need cleric there.

I have to say, invoke more often, frighten, roar. Carry powders while you need to, charms are not really necessary. Genie skill solid shield, second wind and tree of protection are a bonus. If I squad with randoms I prepare myself for the worst from random squads. Friends are better to rely on when in squad together, and it doesn't always have to be a barb or cleric. Rely on your tactics, and you will succeed.

You would tanking on your barb and for your bm at your lvl you will need to rely on a cleric.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Siege_ - Archosaur
    Siege_ - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Dont rely on Clerics to heal ?

Barbs job is to pull ?

The barb is the meat sheild the Cleric is the healer between them they allow the rest of the group to DD debuff and what ever else it take to kill mobs asap .

Venos are there to Lure .

Why play the game if you cant be bothered to learn your class ? .

I tknow theres more that one way to skin a rabbit but those are primary roles and variations and situtaions and squad make up means some have to multi task but if
    you cant rely on people to do there primary job then god help us.

^ This.

Clerics have the tools they need to keep the tank's hp full. As for when it has become the tank's job to pull....um never? The person that pulls is the person that is either a veno or has the genie skill for it.

If clerics are so worried about being a "charm" then why the hell even pick a healer? Common sense should tell you some people will rely on you and you need to except your role asa healer or just learn to play alone.
  • Trayous - Sanctuary
    Trayous - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ^ This.

The person that pulls is the person that is either a veno or has the genie skill for it.

I wouldnt like to see a cleric pull pole with a genie unless they had some speed boost b:laugh
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I was away from the game for so long (7 months) that some of these things are new to me.

I did not know that you need to check if the door is open, I did not know either that you can look trough walls to find out, neither that a Sin can check the door easily.

All I have seen, is people sending the barb to check for the door as it is a normal duty. Which I found insane but doable as I have seen some barbs doing it great.

The way they get the barb to check the door is as followed:

Somebody tells the barb the following:

"Hmm, we should not waste this wine. Barb you can go and check if the door is open right?"

the barb having some macho feelings says: "yes of course, np".

b:chuckle

Thats how it goes, I dont mind if the barb volunteers to go but asking him in such way, its kind of wrong.

In one of those cases, the barb had to check the door, 3 times and the last time he returned with the mobs. Fortunately, I was close to the teleport thing. Some squadies got killed by the mobs including the barb.

Also a Barb got killed the other day pulling in BH79, aparently there is a bug that sometimes bring some of the mobs with linus. Squad was not ready for such a situation, we killed the mobs but boss killed barb.

regarding barb and cleric dinamics:

I would prefer to be a cleric working with a random unknown barb than a barb working with a random unknown cleric.

I think there is a big difference.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    As far as door checking goes, there are like just a few mobs you have to kill before you can do it. What's the big deal? Just have the squad kill those mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The door check was the worst thing i had to do on an instance and belive i did all my bhs (some were made without clercs/wiz healing), the worst part is when i ask to cleric hey can u give me wings of protection to check door and he says sry i dont have that skillb:cry.

And yes a lot of random bhs squads i did on phlebo(unwined) ppl expect me to pull mobs all the time and always waited my move...

Helloooooo get a freking zeal and do that too its easier takes less time and its not boring.......
  • Nevaglar - Sanctuary
    Nevaglar - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    /begin funny story

I don't know if the following Job was assigned to barbs unofficially but last time in my BH

Me and another Sin died (killed by a "sacrifial assault" mob....damn i wish i could kill him over and over again).. anyway after we died the barb ran up to us and said the following sentence(damn i never stop laughing)
    "Sry, I tried to rez but forgot"
    I just was like "OMG, and we still have Glutt infront of us, what are we gonna do?"
    I just hoped that the barb would tanking instead of trying to heal us later but oh well funny thing.
    Anyway that could be one of the self assigned dutys a barb got

/funny story end

Oh yeah and for those who don't think this is funny, don'T sweat it....I still do and thats what matters

peace^^

OMG what game have u been playing?? since when barbs have any skill to heal or rez??b:surrender
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    OMG what game have u been playing?? since when barbs have any skill to heal or rez??b:surrender

Always. They can also purge, tame pets, go on stealth mode, meditate like a mermaid, and do a roundhouse kick.
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    /begin funny story

I don't know if the following Job was assigned to barbs unofficially but last time in my BH

Me and another Sin died (killed by a "sacrifial assault" mob....damn i wish i could kill him over and over again).. anyway after we died the barb ran up to us and said the following sentence(damn i never stop laughing)
    "Sry, I tried to rez but forgot"
    I just was like "OMG, and we still have Glutt infront of us, what are we gonna do?"
    I just hoped that the barb would tanking instead of trying to heal us later but oh well funny thing.
    Anyway that could be one of the self assigned dutys a barb got

/funny story end

Oh yeah and for those who don't think this is funny, don'T sweat it....I still do and thats what matters

peace^^

WOW...
    b:laugh
    on the other hand i logged on veno yesterday and accepted invite to duel from another venoo. and was pretty upset that i cant seal the pet b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nudefoxy - Lost City
    Nudefoxy - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    nothing wron with sins in the party, i had a bh 59 with 3 sins(one was tsanking/all 70+), veno and cleric, we killed bosses so fast its not even funny
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I wouldnt like to see a cleric pull pole with a genie unless they had some speed boost b:laugh

hardest boss i pulled was either soulripper (4/5 of my hp in one hit) or stygean (#$%^#@ is fast and hits me quite high too)
    i never dared to pull pole... though i probably can now, few days ago tanked him for a while to buy other cleric time to res and buff tank so i know i can take few hits from him, just not his special. i did hear of one cleric on ht who used to pull both pole and nob, i want to squad with him one day b:cute
    what i use for speed buffs: 79 skill (also reduces damage), genies holypath, very rarely elixirs.
    so yes, another cleric duty and we can be pretty good at it too b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Ok, is that just my imagination or you have to kill hooli to open closed door? Is not that easier to kill that damn boss instead?
    That's what I'm trying to figure out too. If you're going to wine it, it seems to me that if the door is closed, it would take less time to just kill Hooli and run back to Styg, than to run this whole circus of the barb checking and then regroup and re-enter the instance. It's like those people who will spend 5 minutes driving around the parking lot looking for a space closer to the store, to save themselves 1 minute of walking.

I could see some point to this if we were talking about the doors past Hooli. The long route through the runewolves sucks even if wined and at veno/barb speed. But for Styg? Just wine it and go. As the rest of the group is dealing with the first 1 or 2 archers that are left after wining, a fast char (barb or veno) doesn't fight and just runs ahead. If the door is closed, the person moves on to Hooli, genie-pulls him, and brings him back to the others who are still making their way. You'll usually end up fighting Hooli in the hall right next to the room with the door. 60 seconds to whomp him, door opens.

The distance from the entrance to the door room is slightly more than the distance from the door room to Hooli. So it'll take less time for the barb to pull Hooli to the door room than for him to run to the door room, see it's closed, and run back to the entrance. So really, the only extra time you're taking is the time to kill Hooli.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The door check was the worst thing i had to do on an instance and belive i did all my bhs (some were made without clercs/wiz healing), the worst part is when i ask to cleric hey can u give me wings of protection to check door and he says sry i dont have that skillb:cry.

And yes a lot of random bhs squads i did on phlebo(unwined) ppl expect me to pull mobs all the time and always waited my move...

Helloooooo get a freking zeal and do that too its easier takes less time and its not boring.......

well, you pretty much understand what I;m talking about.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    That's what I'm trying to figure out too. If you're going to wine it, it seems to me that if the door is closed, it would take less time to just kill Hooli and run back to Styg, than to run this whole circus of the barb checking and then regroup and re-enter the instance. It's like those people who will spend 5 minutes driving around the parking lot looking for a space closer to the store, to save themselves 1 minute of walking.

I could see some point to this if we were talking about the doors past Hooli. The long route through the runewolves sucks even if wined and at veno/barb speed. But for Styg? Just wine it and go. As the rest of the group is dealing with the first 1 or 2 archers that are left after wining, a fast char (barb or veno) doesn't fight and just runs ahead. If the door is closed, the person moves on to Hooli, genie-pulls him, and brings him back to the others who are still making their way. You'll usually end up fighting Hooli in the hall right next to the room with the door. 60 seconds to whomp him, door opens.

The distance from the entrance to the door room is slightly more than the distance from the door room to Hooli. So it'll take less time for the barb to pull Hooli to the door room than for him to run to the door room, see it's closed, and run back to the entrance. So really, the only extra time you're taking is the time to kill Hooli.

You have the situation backwards. In reality for BH90-99 you want the door to Stygean closed (not open). This is because you get dumb orders like Linus > Stygean > Brigand. If the door to Stygean is open, then you HAVE to kill him to even get to Linus. Then you need a whole to instance to get Stygean second in the order. You want to NOT have to kill Stygean until he's the boss you need killed for the BH.

If ppl are actually doing all that work for the 80-89 BH just to kill Stygean, they're insane & **** as killing Hooli takes very little extra time.

Regardless, for the BH90-99, the door has to be checked & closed, however i still think its lazy squads who thrust it upon the Barb. Just run in & kill a few mobs, doesnt really take very long at all for a 9x squad to kill the 7 or so mobs to get to viewing reach of the doors.
    edited March 2010
    You have the situation backwards. In reality for BH90-99 you want the door to Stygean closed (not open). This is because you get dumb orders like Linus > Stygean > Brigand. If the door to Stygean is open, then you HAVE to kill him to even get to Linus. Then you need a whole to instance to get Stygean second in the order. You want to NOT have to kill Stygean until he's the boss you need killed for the BH.
    Oh dear. Having everyone run back and forth in FB79 and to Archo to kill Styg second is an even worse waste of time than having the barb check to see if the door is open/closed. You know there's a way to get all 3 BHs at once every day, right?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=633472
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Oh dear. Having everyone run back and forth in FB79 and to Archo to kill Styg second is an even worse waste of time than having the barb check to see if the door is open/closed. You know there's a way to get all 3 BHs at once every day, right?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=633472

You know i'm 101 now & only had to do the triple BH90-99 for a grand total of 1 week before i hit 100. Back then ppl didnt even know how much they'd over lap, or if the chain were always guarenteed to follow the same patterns yet. Not to mention that tenchnique only works for hardcore do every BH that exists people, and not casual BHers who arent guarenteed to do every BH the prior day to get completed BHs (orders) ready & waiting. If even ONE person doesnt have the entire chain, you do it in order. Pointing that out to me which i well know about does nothing. You'll never get a squad of 6 where everyone has all the BHs already.
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I just let my BH quests pile up for a few days or a week, then do them all at once. Sure, it's less exp, but it's also less time spent in those infernal instances.

I'd much rather be doing TT, FC, or lunar.
    edited March 2010
    You know i'm 101 now & only had to do the triple BH90-99 for a grand total of 1 week before i hit 100. Back then ppl didnt even know how much they'd over lap, or if the chain were always guarenteed to follow the same patterns yet. Not to mention that tenchnique only works for hardcore do every BH that exists people, and not casual BHers who arent guarenteed to do every BH the prior day to get completed BHs (orders) ready & waiting. If even ONE person doesnt have the entire chain, you do it in order. Pointing that out to me which i well know about does nothing. You'll never get a squad of 6 where everyone has all the BHs already.
    1) I have nothing against you, and respect and have enjoyed your posts. I didn't mean what I wrote as an insult against you. Re-reading it, I can see how it could be interpreted that way. I apologize for that.

2) This is one of a long string of misconceptions people have when it comes to time management. In the long run, going back and forth between DWP and Archo to pick up the next BH after each boss wastes more time and money than doing it the way described in the link (if you do it every day), or as Squeakytoy said just letting them build up and doing what you have in one straight shot without returning to Archo (if you don't do it every day).

If you do it the way Squeakytoy does, all you have to do is not turn in more than one BH1 and 2 every day. If you have extras completed, save them for the next day to turn them in and get new BHs. You want to minimize the number of times you have a BH order expire. Doing this is a lot quicker and cheaper than porting back and forth between DWP and Archo, even if you only do BH once every 2 or 3 days.