Bug or ****?

Oshianna - Heavens Tear
Oshianna - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
I have seen some classes other than TB (like venos, clerics and such) running around with tideborn hairstyles. Is this a bug, quest item or a ****? This particular girl is a veno with TB hair. Should I report her or is there a quest that gives you TB hair?

hackorbug.jpg

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I didn't know where to put it. If it is in the wrong section please move it and please let me know where I should have put it. I apolagize greatly. b:surrender
b:shocked
Post edited by Oshianna - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ****, and it is bannable offense. Search the forums for more info.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Oshianna - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    ****, and it is bannable offense. Search the forums for more info.

Thank you very much. I shall report.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It's not a **** like using a third party program to enable doing that. It's an exploit of a game feature, and according to ToS, could be bannable.

But before reporting, make sure is not fashion headgear. Showing the player info on the screenshot can help to clear the doubts more precisely.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Engeli - Sanctuary
    Engeli - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    we need cool hairstyles like the tideborn! xD
    give us more hairstyles ;P hehe
    edited March 2010
    The reply to ticket I sent in says "...using a new boutique item called Thunder Ponytail.".... THAT IS NOT A THUNDER PONYTAIL!

Edit: She had no head fash at all. But I didn't get a screenie of that. T_T
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The reply to ticket I sent in says "...using a new boutique item called Thunder Ponytail.".... THAT IS NOT A THUNDER PONYTAIL!

Edit: She had no head fash at all. But I didn't get a screenie of that. T_T

LOL, wowww
    Goes to show how many tickets those guys are getting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol u dont need any program to do it, just move a file.
    i cant rememebr, but ur not actually modified anything, only moving. half banable lol.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This might be the GMs way of saying don't bother to taddel-tale on people who aren't hurting anyone or having a negative impact on the game and its community? b:chuckle
    I understand its bannable and all but there are hints they're gearing up for bigger update (Tideborn Skills, Yin v. Yang war). Plus, many bugs and glitches have not been fixes for ages, so I doubt they'd really jump to task in regards to one venomancer's hairstyle preferences. I'm kind of happy that the GMs didn't in fact. Let this person be happy and fix real problems, lol.

PS: I think that character is quite pretty, though I wouldn't be caught dead in a dress like thatb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6369272&postcount=4

Read that post by Eatwithspoons.

Whether or not it is harming one's gameplay, it doesn't matter because no matter what it is NOT ALLOWED. No one is an exception to the rule. Simple enough.
  • INovaI - Archosaur
    INovaI - Archosaur Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Requesting a lock/delete on this thread, as it may not be naming, but its definitely shaming since if you play the Arch server you can definitely tell who that is. Submit a ticket if you have an issue dont put it on blast on the forums.
    People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Requesting a lock/delete on this thread, as it may not be naming, but its definitely shaming since if you play the Arch server you can definitely tell who that is. Submit a ticket if you have an issue dont put it on blast on the forums.

Course you can tell who it is, she's a veno with **** hair lol! Obvious much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Lol what the person above me said. She shouldn't be doing that if she doesn't want to be shamed. Hurr durr.
    hai2u
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited March 2010

LolCatRenderer-41.jpg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Fail much? Maybe that veno's an alt of yours, hmmm?

As has been said, it may not be using third party hacks, but is has been stated that it is not allowed. This doesn't mean you should do it just because you can get away with it. Frankly, it won't kill anybody if they get banned or don't, but if they do get banned, then it's their just deserts for doing something you should not do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    What a grass, what a shame. Yuck. Looks like youre being jealous that you have no skill nor idea how to do it youself so why the *** someone else can do?
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    What a grass, what a shame. Yuck! Looks like youre being jealous that you have no skill, nor idea how to do it youself so why the !@#$ should someone else be able to?

Okay, so I fixxed ur post, although, I have no idea what "what a grass" means. Flaming is not welcome on these forums, and if you want to stick up for a clear violation of the ToS (Terms of Service incase you didn't know) then...well...actually that's not allowed either.
    Next time read forum rules and the ToS before you make a comment on any modding, hacking, or bugging. Please and thank you.
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The GMs told you its Thunder Ponytail (like you said, obviously not), so just let it go. All it means is they don't want to deal with something like this which is more a waste of time. Honestly, I have seen some people who had odd hair for their class (though never checked if it was for a different class only), but I don't bother to report it because it's not hurting me or anyone else.

Yes, it violates the ToS. Yes, it is bannable. Does that mean that everyone who does it needs to be banned? No, just go on your merry way and report the things that are actually worth the time and effort to report, because there are problems in this game far more severe than what hairstyle everyone is wearing.

As for you Nova, I have no quarrel with you, but I think you should have just sent a GM a PM about this, because I never noticed who it was until you mentioned it, at which time I looked again at the picture to see.

Also, congratulations on your faction's win in TW this week.
    edited March 2010
    The GMs told you its Thunder Ponytail (like you said, obviously not), so just let it go. All it means is they don't want to deal with something like this which is more a waste of time. Honestly, I have seen some people who had odd hair for their class (though never checked if it was for a different class only), but I don't bother to report it because it's not hurting me or anyone else.

Yes, it violates the ToS. Yes, it is bannable. Does that mean that everyone who does it needs to be banned? No, just go on your merry way and report the things that are actually worth the time and effort to report, because there are problems in this game far more severe than what hairstyle everyone is wearing.

As for you Nova, I have no quarrel with you, but I think you should have just sent a GM a PM about this, because I never noticed who it was until you mentioned it, at which time I looked again at the picture to see.

Also, congratulations on your faction's win in TW this week.

Yes, congrats! and this is the only one I have ever reported. I just wanted to see if it was bug or **** or something. Since it is a **** but the GMs do not recognise it as a ****, I will reluctantly let it go. and Sorry for shaming this person. I didn't know they were famous on arch! I'm new, I am sorry to the file editer I shamed.b:surrender

Edit: The reason why I didn't report something more serious is because I have yet to come across a full-on hacker.
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6369272&postcount=4

As already linked earlier in this thread, Spoons' above post deals with this issue. In a nutshell, it's not allowed and you can get in trouble for it. Closing this thread now.
This discussion has been closed.