Poor Barbs

Granrey - Sanctuary
Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
I play a BM, so I don’t mind joining a random squad, since I can always be ready for a run away but If I was a barb I would be sceptical about joining random squads (even though, they offer you free wine on BH, pay your repairs, etc.)

A barb has to go at the front and trust a random cleric who could be an idiot (as we can all be in any class) and not heal him properly and let him die LOL. I have since this so many times that it makes me laugh how often this happens.

Then, if we don’t have a veno, the Barb is the puller and this is getting more common nowadays for some reason on bh69 and bh79.

This one makes me laugh but a new duty that has been assigned to barbs, which is to check if the door to stygian is open on BH79 to avoid wasting the wine if the door is closed. I have seen couple episodes of barbs getting killed on this as they go alone (sometimes they have to go several times as the door is closed, LOL). I actually got killed one time as I decided to go behind him and see how the barb does it. I guess this was the most worth death that I ever had since it was fun seeing the show the barb was doing.

Which other new duties have you seen assigned to barbs lately?
Post edited by Granrey - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    learn to pot, learn to jiaozi, learn not to think your cleric is your free charm. oh and learn to watch the radar on your screen to avoid mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    learn to pot, learn to jiaozi, learn not to think your cleric is your free charm. oh and learn to watch the radar on your screen to avoid mobs.

you forgot: not to triple post b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2010

are you mad?b:shocked
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This one makes me laugh but a new duty that has been assigned to barbs, which is to check if the door to stygian is open on BH79 to avoid wasting the wine if the door is closed. I have seen couple episodes of barbs getting killed on this as they go alone (sometimes they have to go several times as the door is closed, LOL). I actually got killed one time as I decided to go behind him and see how the barb does it. I guess this was the most worth death that I ever had since it was fun seeing the show the barb was doing.

Thats becuase squads are getting lazy. Doesnt take long to clear those mobs as a squad to check the door.

For the time it takes for them to wait for the Bard most of the mobs could have been killed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    /begin funny story

I don't know if the following Job was assigned to barbs unofficially but last time in my BH

Me and another Sin died (killed by a "sacrifial assault" mob....damn i wish i could kill him over and over again).. anyway after we died the barb ran up to us and said the following sentence(damn i never stop laughing)
    "Sry, I tried to rez but forgot"
    I just was like "OMG, and we still have Glutt infront of us, what are we gonna do?"
    I just hoped that the barb would tanking instead of trying to heal us later but oh well funny thing.
    Anyway that could be one of the self assigned dutys a barb got

/funny story end

Oh yeah and for those who don't think this is funny, don'T sweat it....I still do and thats what matters

peace^^
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ._. U pray... a lot lol

Try to join random squads & ask friends 1st if they need it.

I'm lucky with +100bhs the number of players is not that big, so I know most & who not to go with.

^rofl above story
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Checking door to BH79 is really annoying. I usually won't do it unless they ask me to. One run to check door is about 2 ticks of my charm. More if it's open and the wine person takes his sweet time to wine the BH. One tick is about 7-8k off my charm. It doesn't take long to kill 7 mobs to check door really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Which other new duties have you seen assigned to barbs lately?

Its not "new" or "lately" but, they've also been assigned to go in tiger form, roll over and meow
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Checking door to BH79 is really annoying. I usually won't do it unless they ask me to. One run to check door is about 2 ticks of my charm. More if it's open and the wine person takes his sweet time to wine the BH. One tick is about 7-8k off my charm. It doesn't take long to kill 7 mobs to check door really.

It's really nice taking sins in squads to check doors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    XChrono - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Then, if we don
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Choze - Dreamweaver
    Choze - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Wow, sounds like you're a bit angry from past experience.

With all due respect, the clerics main job is to keep tha tank alive..........

None the less, I play a barb and a cleric. Although I have nothing else to add to the list of things expected from barbs, I can confirm we seem to be expected by many to pull as well as tank, and ofc CC (crowd control). I have even had severeal instances where venos in group have asked me to pull because I have a zeal genie!

Fact is, although this is becomming more common, it's been around for quite some time. Too many people expect the barb and cleric to handle everything, while they do whatever they feel like, and ofc blame the barb or cleric if things go wrong :P
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I play a healer. I don't heal stupid people. If the tank's a moron? I revert to the offtank.

If your tank is CCing, your DPS is garbage.

Pulling is the tank's job.

Don't be lazy, guys. You have big repair, yeah. But you rolled what you did so know your role and do it well.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Choze - Dreamweaver
    Choze - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2010

If your tank is CCing, your DPS is garbage.

????

Not really sure what you mean by this...

By CC I was refering to those times an add wanders in, or pulled in by soemone else.
    Perhaps you mean single targets ?
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2010

That duty seems like lazy squads. Back when i had to do BH79s (only lasted 1 level as i was 99 when triple BHs arrived). I ALWAYS had the squad just kill the mobs to check the door. It really doesnt take very long at all. Most of the time was just 1 or 2 tries (tho i admit to once it taking 7 times and half the squad got too impatient & left, that perturbed me). Back then the main barrier was convincing them not to wine right away but to actually check first, as it wasnt standard procedure yet and getting some nitwits to understand the purpose was often hard. I think once or twice, a Barb volunteered to check, so of course i let em, but i never thrust this responsibility onto any barb.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I actually liked to check the doors. Sometimes I lived, sometimes I didn't. Usually it was like "oh what the heck", sometimes it was the bm or another crazy person. If I had a charm, it was the perfect excuse to burn it and not get complaints.

Whimps these days...
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    (even though, they offer you free wine on BH, pay your repairs, etc.)

They do?

I need to find these guys, I don't care how bad the cleric is, I'll burn up some stamina for free wines and repairs lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    1. Thinking clerics are your own personal charm is a bad idea. You shouldn't be so reliant on a cleric because while it is their job to keep you alive some people suck at being a cleric. If you rely on a cleric that much, I'm sorry but it's your own damn fault if you end up dead. No class should ever rely solely on another class to do X and Y.

I am fully prepared for if I steal on a boss, be it prepared for death or prepared to pot, Wings of Grace and run up to the tank so they don't have to run up to me instead, and so they get aggro faster. I do not sit around, be lazy, and rely on the tank to always keep aggro, and always run after me if I run off, and for a cleric to heal me if I steal. Because it is stupid to be so reliant on everybody else, and it is deadly.

2. It isn't hard to clear the first few mobs to check doors in 79. Personally if a squad is sending a barb to just go check without offering to clear, you should tell them to stuff it. Nobody's going to die in clearing those first few mobs.

And hey, if somebody does, then you know something in your squad sucks, and you'll be more aware of what you can and can't do in that particular squad, won't you?

3. I still prefer a veno pulling to a genie pull, but I don't mind a barb pulling with a zeal. They have the def and HP to handle it, so why not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Don't rely on the cleric, 100%. I know some many people that have have done this and failed something for me. I can't be at their side the whole run. I can't have constant IH on them the whole run. I can't be flawless and be their charm - as Airyll stated so wisely.

However, it sucks being a cleric. You make one mistake and you're called a crappy cleric. My own husband does it when he dies tanking FB69 or something else. x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    XChrono - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    O.o something went wrong with my last post. But what i was basically saying is that checking if the door is open in bh 69/79 is the sins job. We have them now so but those stealthers to work >:[

also a sin can pull if you have a second person to catch the target and then let the sin stealth to reset the other mobs. :D

Oh and gm's, fix my pic >.<
    plz.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Wait, w-what? Why the hell am I always in the very front then o_o?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You described my whole PWI life dealing with reetards. I salute you my good friend, though I'm too beastly to die checking the door in 79.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It's really nice taking sins in squads to check doors.

I've just gotta emphasize this. Just take an Assassin for checking the door. If you don't have an Assassin, just clear to it. If you really want to check the door, then do it yourself, or pay for the additional costs the Barb has because you were too lazy just to clear it and see.
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    That honestly is a better idea, but no assassin can take my glory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Barbs don't need to be the pullers unless the plan is for a cleric to use BB.You can use archers very well for pulling with a bow infact a barb with a bow can pull.I do this on my bm to get a mob away from other mobs.This is if you don't have veno of course think strategy.

It would be a lot different and easier if you brought two clerics.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Boozer - Lost City
    Boozer - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Wow, forum keeps cutting of posts all the time.

Anyway its not poor barbs. Barbs have always been spoiled as hell, they get first pick, free loot, free wine.

Also 99.9% of clerics knows how to heal and purify, if they dont you still wont die as a barbs since you have about 5 lifelines like ToP and invoke and can just run away and loose agro <.<
  • Battlefield - Dreamweaver
    Battlefield - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I play both Cleric and Barb (over 89 on both) so I know both sides, and I know if something goes wrong, when it wasn't my fault, I'm still blamed for since I'm either the tanker or the healer. Things happen, people complain, I just know who to not squad with next time and get on with it. As someone stated, I rolled a Barb knowing my job, and I don't complain about my repairs nor I ask people to pay for my wine bh fee or my TT repairs. If I can't afford it, I don't go... Period. If they OFFER, ofc I'll go b:chuckle .

And btw, instead of running to check doors in bh79, you can use camera and zoom through the walls and check. Probably takes as long as running through, but it equals to no charm cost.
    b:cute Female Barb FTW
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    And btw, instead of running to check doors in bh79, you can use camera and zoom through the walls and check. Probably takes as long as running through, but it equals to no charm cost.

This is exactly what people do.

You still need to clear to the first room in order to be able to check the doors, because the cameras don't go far enough if you try and use them from the very first initial room you teleport into.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Anyway its not poor barbs. Barbs have always been spoiled as hell, they get first pick, free loot, free wine.

Also 99.9% of clerics knows how to heal and purify, if they dont you still wont die as a barbs since you have about 5 lifelines like ToP and invoke and can just run away and loose agro <.<

^This. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Ok, is that just my imagination or you have to kill hooli to open closed door? Is not that easier to kill that damn boss instead?
  • Trayous - Sanctuary
    Trayous - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Dont rely on Clerics to heal ?

Barbs job is to pull ?

The barb is the meat sheild the Cleric is the healer between them they allow the rest of the group to DD debuff and what ever else it take to kill mobs asap .

Venos are there to Lure .

Why play the game if you cant be bothered to learn your class ? .

I tknow theres more that one way to skin a rabbit but those are primary roles and variations and situtaions and squad make up means some have to multi task but if
    you cant rely on people to do there primary job then god help us.