Comprehensive Venomancer PvP guide

spirea
spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Venomancer
You are a venomancer, your class sucked before the age of battle pets. Now you are the PvP Gods.

First and foremost get a phoenix, it is the most important aspect of pking, like armor for a bm and wb, or a weapon for an archer.

Once the phoenix is obtained, the venomancer and the pet switch roles. The phoenix is the main pker, and the veno is the backup cleric/buffer and most importantly, reser and healer.

Skills : Now, all skills except a few are important

Bramble Hood : Very important skill for the any other class decides to skip the phoenix and attack you, this skill makes you basically immortal while your phoenix rips the entrails from their bowels.

Heal pet : Self explanitory
Resurrect Pet : Self explanitory

Fox Form / Amplify / Debuff : used in succession prior to sending the phoenix, not reccomended unless they are within range as the nix can kill them without you using skills.

Iron Scarab : Skill used to stun those running from the phoenix, i mean its so unfair that other classes can just run from us and not die right?

Now the phoenix only has 45 meter range, and only flies at 12 mps, which is not enough to outrun an accelerating enemy with genie speed buff. The game masters must fix this as soon as possible, it is completely unbalanced for us venomancers.

Items are a crucial part aswell, your equipment doesnt matter, so spend that money on your phoenix fund, OR to go with that, supplments.

1. Dew of star protection : bramble hood is down, only 3 of the 6 people on you have died, pop it, bleed the other 3 and you finally see how balanced pvp should be.

2. Flying mount Upgraded to maximum
3. Fuel stones, a venomancer MUST have fuel stones incase somehow their phoenix dies(you should'nt, since you can heal your pet for more hp than anyone can deal)
4. Telecoustics not nessisary, but it is reccomended for those venomancers who are able to kill a party of 6 alone, as it is COMPLETELY balanced since a venomancer is so weak.

The phoenix itself must have Flesh ream, and bash to stun.

The best combo to kill an enemy who is running towards you, is to use stun then bleed from the phoenix, and fly away from the enemy. If they are somehow not dead, repeat until they are. If by amazing chance they wont die, accelerate away and wait for backup to gank them.

If an enemy is running away, use your telecoustics to trash talk them until they come out, and kill them with the phoenix.

Builds : there are many builds

Int veno : trash
Light armor veno : trash
Heavy vit veno : Best to do what we do best, survive while nix kills 1 by 1
Fox veno : trash

Stats are also not important, pump vit as high as you can while str/dex is enough to use your equipment. Weapon does not matter, as you should not attack, any decent veno will bleed and run less they take some damage or even lose some charm.

Grinding : Very easy, most venos are capable of finding an illegal third party program to auto level them to 90+. However for some less bright pkers, level as you would normally.

Remember, as a venomancer, Bleed is your friend, bleed, and run. If they accelerate, you accelerate aswell so you may avoid your charm from ticking.

Inputs appriciated
Post edited by spirea on

Comments

• missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Almost as epic as your wizard guideb:shutup

Add colors
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    spirea wrote: »
    Now the phoenix only has 45 meter range, and only flies at 12 mps, which is not enough to outrun an accelerating enemy with genie speed buff. The game masters must fix this as soon as possible, it is completely unbalanced for us venomancers.

So because something is a challenge, its now called unbalanced? If you want more speed, get demon fox form.
    Int veno : trash
    Light armor veno : trash
    Heavy vit veno : Best to do what we do best, survive while nix kills 1 by 1
    Fox veno : trash

Care to explain why they are trash?
    Stats are also not important, pump vit as high as you can while str/dex is enough to use your equipment. Weapon does not matter, as you should not attack, any decent veno will bleed and run less they take some damage or even lose some charm.

No offense, but that is a lame tactic.

Basically your guide makes use of the bugged PVP damage reduction of flesh ream skill. Where is the PVP fun in that? Killing people in 1-2 hits is not = to fun IMO. And whats with not attacking and let your nix do all the work? Come on, might as well rename the Venomancer class to "Phoenix" or something.
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    someone is missing the point
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Nixes are here to stay, with bleed. Why you wont use nix in TW and not win. Why you wont use nix in pking someone that is red or is buggin you while you grind.
    PvP servers will use the bug no matter what.
    I think theres a fine line between honor and stupidity, learning how to pk without bleed is good, but not using at all I think falls under "stupidity".

In PvE server ppl dont use bleed in TW? If that happens gratz, but I doubt that they dont use it.

Every little trick is good for winning, history is write by winners, so it doesnt matter how you win, what matters is that you do win.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    this guide is stupid.

#1 not everyone can afford a chicken
    #2 LUCKY scarab stuns, iron scarab isnt even a skill
    #3 how is heavy the only "good" build listed on there, itd die to wizards and clerics and other full mag or LA builds.
    #4 phoenix at 90 flies at 10.9 m/s not 12 stupid.
    #5 how are we to have a constant supply of dews?
    #6 gears DO matter, gems, refines, defensive abilities of the armor and ornaments make a huge difference.

dude youre an idiot, delete this thread
  • wippitguud
    wippitguud Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Some of you people need to level your sarcasm...
  • Breathe - Lost City
    Breathe - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Uhh.. someone is taking this too seriously.

+1 to the guide, moar please b:thanks
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    well I thought it was funny o.o;
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i think spirea is just a lil bit butthurt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, nixes are a pain in the ****. Its not nice to be killed everytime by one, even a low lvl, and 90% of venos will kite, so whats the point in playing like, it gets boring. Even if at +90 it doesnt hurt that much most of the ppl playing wont get there and in a PvP server they will kill kill kill.

Still the guide is awesome xD
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    this guide is stupid.

dude youre an idiot, delete this thread

I was thinking exactly the same, LOL. b:bye
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • Pepper - Lost City
    Pepper - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    so much hate ...
    cant wait for ur EP guide b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Metal raging Perfect Worlds since 2007
  • Glamourness - Sanctuary
    Glamourness - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    How the Heck are you going to heal Nix if you are a Heavy Vit veno?
    Thx Forsakenx for this awesome sig

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hip - Lost City
    Hip - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2009

get a phoenix like foxie (mdef/pdef buffs)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Lol what?b:chuckle

Shouldn't foxform be a good build?

And how the heck are you going to up your vit? I don't even up it that much. More stats in str and dex please. And add magic shards/vit shards and add magic stats to the build so you won't die to magic.

I don't even know what heavy this is for @_@

Even with the high vit, you can surely die due to low defense.

But if that's how you do it and you worked it out, grats
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Foofie - Dreamweaver
    Foofie - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2009

He will put Happy Stickers on the Flaming Chiken ! ! !
    b:chuckleb:chuckleb:victory
  • Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    great guide hehe
  • Dishy - Harshlands
    Dishy - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yeah,s omeone's butt hurts. And nix isnt the only thing that makes venos good :S. On my lvl 70 veno, I killed a 75 archer with good gear using a bee.(and no sparks, nor sparked skills, only ironwood :D)

Btw, venos arent good 2v1 :S unless its like all BM/barbs.
  • Annabella - Heavens Tear
    Annabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wow... what a guide, no seriously I think it is absolutely hysterically funny! b:chuckle Exactly peeps gotta write more of these, I was laughing so hard. Peace out!
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    necro b:angry

you killed a kitten.
  • Chanima - Heavens Tear
    Chanima - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Heavy venos are good for PvP (TWs) because those classes usually assigned to attack venos are archers, BMs, barbs and other venos (which could be a pain). Wizards rarely go after venos, they are more focused on killing cata pullers etc.
    I dont think there is a fail built as a veno. All has its positive and negative sides. Im arcane built with hp shards and phys def. ornaments and im proud of it and would not change if for the world b:victory Its all about taste, and yes this guide is stupid and probably not very serious b:laugh
    Pride comes before a fall! b:bye
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wow... what a guide, no seriously I think it is absolutely hysterically funny! b:chuckle Exactly peeps gotta write more of these, I was laughing so hard. Peace out!
    wow i posted in a thread from may! im so smart for looking at how long ago the thread was posted!

o i posted irrelevant banter too, yay for bumping threads with no meaning with a post with no meaning!

yay me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    did you add that venos should have poison on their nix?
  • AuroraXT - Sanctuary
    AuroraXT - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Lol I can't believe people took this seriously.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    #2 LUCKY scarab stuns, iron scarab isnt even a skill

Ironwood Scarab is the Veno's strongest skill, comes with a debuff (unless you're Demon and then it's dicey), and is cost efficient in chi. Lead with Lucky, follow with Ironwood and most players will drop (most, not all).

**If this was supposed to be one of those "This is just a gag" post, they should have put a disclaimer. People like to get sore...**
  • SokaSua - Lost City
    SokaSua - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Best build for a veno = Light armour so they are equal to psy as much as mag def.
    Pheonix, well not everyone wants to spend $50-$150 dollars on this game.
    Herc/ high def/ high hp pet is essential for tankianing, nix's cant tank!
    If you sue 3rd party term you get Banned!

You PvP guide is completely wrong

Ill give you a short one =

Best Tanking armour = Light armour although try and keep enough mag for weps

Weps = Vital! No weps no dmg, good weps good dmg! (You dont even heal ur pet much without weps)

Fash = Get it cuz venos are sexy in a good bikini xD

Pets = Get a good pet but also maintain healthy damage/ good weps because you can do more damage than your pet what ever it is!

Money = If you have a good tanking pet you can tank and kill in Swamps (Near dreamport, cant remember full name xP) at lv 5x! (50-750 coins per mob and items, PICK UP EVERYTHING)

Leveling = Good leveling once you get bored of quests do BH/WQ
    and CS only for they are easy quests and if you really are bored and short of money go and tank/solo a bh for a mold (Keep doing till) for they sell at 200k+!

Thanx Hope I helped b:kiss b:cute
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hurr durr I was dropped on my head as a baby and fed paint chips to the point sarcasm escapes me.

Also this thread is a DOUBLE NECRO!

IT'S A LICH
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    >.>NECRO...DOUBLE!!!!!! :O
    baibai bored of veno forums >.>
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mitties - Dreamweaver
    Mitties - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm honestly trying to figure out if this is a joke thread or a serious guide.
    [Insert pithy quote here.]
  • ISweet - Harshlands
    ISweet - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ok heres the deal, idk why ppl on pve servers talk about pvp venos, because u dont know anything about it. i dearly inv u to harshlands and see how a veno really pvp. nix only cant take down a squad of 6 ppl. veno and nix both get killed in 2 seconds if veno is crazy enough to go against 6 ppl. archers and sins r a pain for squishy veno, especially if they r high ranked. if ur in pvp u dont have time to heal pet cuz ur more concerned about u staying alive while someone stunnes or sleep u and goes 5 aps on ur butt, smart pvpers will never go after nix they come after u. so nix good only for pk, surprise element. + nix alone can only take down low lvls, for high lvls veno must work a lil. b:bye