Still dont understand the stats

Saisho - Dreamweaver
Saisho - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Barbarian
Ok I read the guides, and figured that the table posted would be good. I followed it but now im level 20... and none of it is making sense.... im only supposed to have 30 vit according to it but then when i check at level 19 i need about 3 more str than the table says i do... and i had 6 extra points from somewhere so i dumped them into vit...

my current stats are: 55 str 14 dex and 36 vit

can anybody tell me what I did wrong?? i cant even use my fb19 weapon at this rate... which i still need to do T_T

thanks for the help

-Kami
Post edited by Saisho - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver
    Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    sigh.. Guides sucks ****

if u want to tank just look what rec. u need on weps and armor

and all the rest in vit..

if u wanna be high dmg barb make sure u have enough dex to not miss + tons of str
    (wich gives u def)

if u wanna be a bowuser well go full dex b:chuckle

its all up to you, even if other ppl dont like ur build, Its ur toon so have fun with it
    9x Barb
    6x Seeker
    6x BM
    6xCleric
    [SIGPIC]http://i38.tinypic.com/nco6ts.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Oakivy - Dreamweaver
    Oakivy - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i had 6 extra points from somewhere so i dumped them into vit...

...can anybody tell me what I did wrong?

Most likely this ^^
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Min req:6str and 1 dex every 2 lvls.IF I'm not wrong
  • Toobadimaguy - Dreamweaver
    Toobadimaguy - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Look at the chart in Dai's sticky for dual hammers/axes and heavy armor it is correct and works well.
  • Kamiism - Dreamweaver
    Kamiism - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i seem to be havin the same problem.. i based it off of Dai's chart but I dont get it he has that the "excess" which im taking to mean vit will be 30 for like 4 or 5 levels while dex and str will go up...i thought im supposed to have alot more vit?
  • Akai_Akuma - Heavens Tear
    Akai_Akuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    well, just give it a lil more time, Dais table is absolutely correct, though i dont agree with it xD

And with excess, they mean to statpoints you dont need for str or dex to wear your gear, so you are free to use em as u like (thus not only vit if you dont want too)
  • Daggoo - Dreamweaver
    Daggoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Can I ask why you don't agree with it?
  • Akai_Akuma - Heavens Tear
    Akai_Akuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    its nothing you should worry about already ; ) its more for higher barbs.
    I agree with her till lvl 76, but then she says you need to raize your dex above 49, n since you only need 49 for TT90! thats just not needed. Im pure vit demon barb, so i just capped dex at 49 for the time being. But its a matter of personal tastes, if you think you got to low hitrate, feel free to raise it ; )
  • Daggoo - Dreamweaver
    Daggoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Okie thanks for explaining :)

And although you're right it's a little early, it's good to know: I tend to stat the dex a little early since I haven't run into hp problems and I don't have Armageddon yet anyway. But I'm considering when at 36 or so dex (for gear req) to go ahead and make it 40 by "borrowing" a couple of points from vit since I find those rare crits do help when they happen. I'll be careful not to do that later on until I find out exactly what build I want.
  • bootlip
    bootlip Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    1 tip i give all barbs! Head to the auction house!Look at weapons and gear you can use in 10 levels above you.Look for some top items stuff not the **** noobs put in the aution house.Then thi will give you a outline look for the next 10 level of STR/DEX ratio you will need then any extra dump in VIT.

I have followed this process all the way to level 62 so far no matter what i got from drops or molds onec i hit level i have been ready to wear it :).