Personal Shops!!!!!

kouga
kouga Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Suggestion Box
OK we all now you can open a shop of ur own but why cant it be open when u log out!! i know there is a AH but that costs money to but stuff in it!!! that good but what if u want to put the shop up and go to the beach and just want to set up a shop and log out and turn off ur computer?!! well you cant cuz ur shop will get logged out . what i am wanting is in OB to have shops last when logged off for about 12 hours until there logged of automatically by the server!! i have seen this done in some games i played! it just basically asking the server to temporarily act like the shop is a NPC when logged off! i love the fact of the P shops but hate that i have to stay logged on most of you would agree with me right??

Would you guys like to c your self open a shop and log off and go out to eat?

Down side towns would become little lagged but then again the towns in alot of games are really lagged lol!!!

all i want to c is a shop to stay open when i log out of the game!!

like when u start to set the shop up and put ur **** in it!! and hit done , then it will ask " would u like to log out and open a shop (12 hours auto log out)?" " would you liek to stay loged on?" and the player has a option to chose!!??

THX

Kouga AKA Dreikano:confused::confused::confused::o
Post edited by kouga on

Comments

• tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Why not just leave your computer on then?
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i like this idea. and yea, ive seen it working in many games.
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • kouga
    kouga Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    tinkus wrote: »
    Why not just leave your computer on then?

for the plane fact that some computers could over heat or players that don't want to have there computers on all the time!! also some players get DC a lot and always have to reconnect adn set it up all over again and this insures that the shop is open for the people to buy from!!

Kouga
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I like the idea of personal shops too! I know there is the auction house which allows people to sell things when their computer is off, but I've sen that player stalls can usually sell faster and at a more competitive price than the auction hall. Also, the auction hall takes a percentage of the sale, and is a pain if one is trying to sell stacks of items individually. (But that's the price to pay I guess, to be able to see with one's computer off).
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    kouga wrote: »
    for the plane fact that some computers could over heat or players that don't want to have there computers on all the time!! also some players get DC a lot and always have to reconnect adn set it up all over again and this insures that the shop is open for the people to buy from!!

Kouga

The game has an auction house for that very reason. Don't want to use it? Then you can set up the shop while you're logged in. Those are the choices, and I hope that's how they're going to stay.
  • witcher
    witcher Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm going to have to disagree on this one. Personal shops while logged in is great, AH when you're not. If needed post the item price a little higher to make up for the $$ you lose putting it in there (AH).

Speaking from a WoW players PoV - They dont have personal shops and there's never been any issue selling items for me or anyone I know (unless they put the price WAY too high)
    Lead me not into temptation... I can find that myself
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ADC west is laggy enough like that. It would become a total lagfest and crowded to hell if everyone could set up a shop offline....
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • haze1771
    haze1771 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    there are enough people selling useless junk in shop that are online as it is....dont flood the cities with more useless shops with people offline aswell.

what they should do is make a huge city like adc where everyone can port to using an icon in the action menu and have it designated for shops only. It would free up the cities and create less lag and a cluttered mess of people trying to sell thier raw woods for 2000.
  • elite
    elite Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    NO WAY i 100% disagree with you!!! ADC in PW MY already lags like hell because people leave their computers on 24/7, if you could have a shop and not be logged in, ADC would become a no go zone, your computer would blow up!!!!
  • th3dj
    th3dj Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i do like this idea.. it wouldn't need to honestly make it work as an npc seeing as the server is an sql database... and the stuff you see is interpreted by the client as moving 3d things... the fact that things are stored server side means that it wont take much to them to keep them open if they severed the connection to your computer and just left it sitting there as a static object...... so yeah... because your chars last position is stored on the server.... why not just allow it to be active if you choose the option....
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I was wondering why these are all account names...PWI wasn't even open when this thread was made...b:surrender Necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Aquaknight - Lost City
    Aquaknight - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Seriously. Could you imagine the lagg in West Archosaur? It's bad enough with people Online, but offline? I'd DC as soon I was 100 metres of that place.

Use an auction house! It's avoids me spending 30mins lagging in WestArch for one mat or eq.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    NTY, bad idea. West arch is already laggy as hell as it is now, and seriously how much is AH fee? 500-2k per item? Is it THAT hard to sell items in AH? I have NP with AH. But ridiculous players don't even bother trying to identify your gears before you sell it which the fee is only like what? 100 coins? b:laugh. Last time I bought a might ring really cheap that was unidentified and when I identified it, it is an epic ring, crit rate :D for 5k too XD. I could resell for major profit if I wanted to. Maybe if you stop giving away your money to CS and just use that money for AH instead then that will help the rest of us from you silly people camping in west arch selling most likely useless things
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • th3dj
    th3dj Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I dont understand how you have lag. my computers old. i thnk your just not using the best preformance button like suggested by the makers of the game. i dont have lag and i run on a 50 buck pos graphics card. funny thing is i run 30fps out in the wilds at max settings. most things people claim are 'lag' in these games or any game acually are on the client side aka your computer. your suffering from hardware lag. not lag from the internet.
  • Aquaknight - Lost City
    Aquaknight - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the patronizing feedback.
    I have a above decent computer, All PW Graphic settings low with best performance with a full bar connection. I lagg, and so does 99% of PW. Now, you could walk around West Archosaur, No lagg, but what about everyone else?

We couldn't play. Is that fair/sensible? Nope.
  • Camommelli - Raging Tide
    Camommelli - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i just find it odd and hard to beleave that someone who is using a motherboard (me) with a capacitor broken off and has power issues. has less problems then someone with an 'above avrage' (you) computer.....
    as for west arch. a little bit of lag, nothing that 'kills' my experience nor kicks me off the internets. I only find the lag in west arch to be a small annoyince. but hey a pentium 4 with 2 gigs of ram and a $50 radionHD3500(very low end named worst card for acual gaming radion has put out) is having less issue. -.- these games are not made for high end computers. there made so that everyone computer savy or not can play. the have low requirements most stock computer meet today anyway. my computer is archeic.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There one thing that make these not possible, the game itself not have option to hide cat shop from sight.
    So without feature to completely make other player disappear (even if you come near them which usually will reveal them) these suggestion may not working. b:surrender

But many new mmorpg today actually adopt these offline shop feature, but i don't think Perfect World can adopt it too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Camommelli - Raging Tide
    Camommelli - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There one thing that make these not possible, the game itself not have option to hide cat shop from sight.
    yeah i found that odd as well as in the options it has the option 'shops'(i haven't noticed a change in the game weather i enable/disable it so yeah i agree they don't have that option) and having a lot of cat shops on screen can cause lag. oddly enough mine im never to the point of crashing the game. I myself just dont understand how people have an issue with this 'terrible' lag that makes them take 30 mins to get thru w.arch