What would one consider rich ingame?

Seraph - Heavens Tear
Seraph - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
I was just wondering how one would call themselves rich since this game has two currencies gold and coin.

Would it be having a lot of gold and little coin rich or is it vice versa? Since other MMO have just one currency is easier to know who rich or not.

Let say for example is 450k gold and 5 million coin rich? or is 150k gold and 15 million coin rich?

I maybe thinking too much about this but it just confusing to me since both currencies are important since one buy items stuff and the other lvls up your skills.

Any help from the old wise masters of PWI that can answer this question to a reborn PWI player?
Post edited by Seraph - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Singsung - Sanctuary
    Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I was just wondering how one would call themselves rich since this game has two currencies gold and coin.

Would it be having a lot of gold and little coin rich or is it vice versa? Since other MMO have just one currency is easier to know who rich or not.

Let say for example is 450k gold and 5 million coin rich? or is 150k gold and 15 million coin rich?

I maybe thinking too much about this but it just confusing to me since both currencies are important since one buy items stuff and the other lvls up your skills.

Any help from the old wise masters of PWI that can answer this question to a reborn PWI player?

Gold>Coins.
    I think in term of how much gold I could have with the coins I got.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Both are poor. b:laugh
    Rich is person who has at lest 1Billion in game coins. Because coins can be transferred to gold and vice versa.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Rich is person who has at lest 1Billion in game coins. Because coins can be transferred to gold and vice versa.

You mean both are rich. 150k gold and 450k gold, not coins!
    b:chuckle
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited March 2010

You do realize that 150k gold is worth, assuming the price per gold is 300k, 45 billion, right?

45 billion > 1 billion
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Since there is a tangible exchange rate between gold and coin, you just can convert all currency of 1 form to another for value purposes & total it up. The 2 currencies are not isolated from one-another and the economies of both are intermixed.
  • Tzefira - Raging Tide
    Tzefira - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Um, assuming the k=thousand, and 1g is bought with 1$, anyone that has 450,000 dollars with which to buy 450k in game gold is rich both in game and out.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'd say they were both either hackers or could REALLY use a new hobby. Spending cash/time on something you enjoy is nice and good but 450k or 150k for this? PW may be entertaining but I really don't see it as THAT entertaining.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Anyone who actually buys 450,000 Gold via Zen is an idiot or just has enough money for $450,000 to be pocket change for them.

Anyone who actually plays the in-game market long and good enough to get 450,000 Gold in-game is wasting their talent when they could've made the same money outside of the game and be actually rich.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    hmm...
    The answer is much easier, I think:

anyone having more then me,
    which for me means more then 140k coins at the moment

I'm so dirt poor, it's embaressing b:surrender b:cry
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Having money in gold is the same as having money in mirages, molds, dice tickets, or tokens. It's just another asset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If all of someones equip, + refines + shards = >200m I consider them rich. >500m and they're cracked-out rich.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • EGiFZ - Heavens Tear
    EGiFZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Being rich and having a big appetite = poor
    b:laugh

Having a big appetite and being rich = poor
    b:chuckle

Having any amount of gold or coins and enjoying your game play in PWI regardless of your appetite = priceless
    b:victory

Anyway I enjoy being part of PWI community..
    b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Anyone who has 50% more money than you is considered rich. i.e. I consider WarrenWolfy rich, most of my faction considers me rich beyond belief, the little lvl 10s consider most of my faction rich (hopefully), etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    150k gold is also equivalent to a down payment on a house b:chuckle
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    With the current economic situation I'd consider someone with 5bn+ coin to be properly rich.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    hmm...
    The answer is much easier, I think:

anyone having more then me,
    which for me means more then 140k coins at the moment

I'm so dirt poor, it's embaressing b:surrender b:cry

This.

To the "T".

QQ
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A person is rich in-game if they have a good group of friends who help and support each other and have a lot of fun in the process.

Everything else - money, equipment, levels, skills, guilds, vent/TS servers, rare/legendary pets, etc. are just enablers which help the above. At the end of the day, what really matters are the friends you make and play with.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I want to agree with Solandri, so, SO much. I'm pretty sure he's actually right, even. But I just cannot help myself when people want to give me money because they're lazy b:cry
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2010

It'd be the guy with 450k gold (450k = 450,000 gold, which in PWI transfer rate is $450,000). Take 450k times it by 350k (guessing this is current price of gold, idk for sure) that equates to 157,500,000,000 coin (ingame). Add on the 5 mil the guy already had and you have a grand total of:

157,505,000,000 coin. Which basically can buy you Warsoul (the most expensive item in the game) with a **** load of cash left over.

Warsoul = 62.4bil
    Your cash = 157.505bil

93 .105bil left over. Which can buy you any armor for the game you want. All of the TT99/TT100 weps, and also any Lunar wep you need.

So basically, the guy who has 450k Gold with 5 mil Coin is the richer man. Seeing as the guy with 150k gold, and 15 mil coin only has a grand total of: 52,515,000,000 coin. (52.515 bil for short). Which means he can't even afford Warsoul. Though he can get any armor he likes, and maybe some of the TT99/TT100, and maybe 1 lunar wep. He can't afford it w/o knowing what he was doing.

So the man with 450k Gold + 5mil coin = Richer.
    And the man with 150k Gold + 15mil coin = Poorer.

Cash Difference Between the two:

So as the math shows, along with examples of what is possible to buy. You can clearly see who is richer :) b:pleased
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If all of someones equip, + refines + shards = >200m I consider them rich. >500m and they're cracked-out rich.

lol just my weapon would cost about 200m. >.> Gear doesn't make someone rich... you can have nice gear and be ****-poor. Having 5-10m in-game coin is kinda poor at 10x.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • PainkiIIer - Archosaur
    PainkiIIer - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I would say having fun, having good friends, learning to play your class etc is what makes you rich.

Dorky answer perhaps but it is still true b:pleased

If you keep comparing yourself to others in game with more coins, better gear etc you will go crazy and end up getting bored fast because there will always be someone that has more than you.

The therm "oracle *****" is there for a reason. No one likes them and when they lvl up that fast, well some of them just have the high lvl status but no clue as to what they are doing when in a pt.

So take my advice, go lvl in your own time and have fun, you will make money along the way, the higher lvl you are the more coins you will get from quests, drops etc.

/carebear
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I consider 100k coins rich.
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It depends on the level. 100k at level 10 is pretty much, but 5m is almost nothing when you are 100+. At 70 a rich person has around 5m-10m.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • SuperFlyVeno - Heavens Tear
    SuperFlyVeno - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Rich = Enrage/Tao.

When you join those factions - you are rich.

Nuff said.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Um, assuming the k=thousand, and 1g is bought with 1$, anyone that has 450,000 dollars with which to buy 450k in game gold is rich both in game and out.

WRONG!
    If he bought 450k gold in game,he would have no money out of the game already.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Am I the only one who thinks the OP didn't know 1G=1$?
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear
    _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think u could be Rich having good friends. It's so hard find good ppl and good friends in this game.
    Idk how was time ago, but atm ppl thinks a lot about their business. On HT this doesnt seem a game, but the real life where ppl call the others rich or poor according to their money.

For sure, u're rich in game when u have at least:
    one weapon tt100 +12,
    all tt99 gold armor recrafted nirvana, +10, 4sockets, with citrine or garnet gems,
    lunar rings,
    cube necklace,
    warsoul belt,
    cape with -interval/-channelling,
    and some other things.
    Oh, remember, u must be rank8 rep to show others u're rich xD

yapyap.

Q_Q

I'm poor U_U
    And I'm a veno.
    But I give always money and tt mats to friends ^^
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Am I the only one who thinks the OP didn't know 1G=1$?

Nope ^^

Trust me, I could tell the moment I read his post. He had no clue what the $ to G ratio was.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Being "rich" is definitely a relative term.

Rather than trying to be too philosophical about it, though, I think I'm just going to draw some arbitrary lines, based on my own experiences:

As a new player: Rich = 5 million coins or more. This is the point at which I found I was able to afford all of my skills/equipment/expenses/etc... very easily, including things like Charms, mounts and other semi-"luxury" items.

As an experienced player: Rich = 25 million coins or more. I was able to pass this mark when I started to realize the importance of re-investing my income, rather than spending it.

As a veteran player: Rich = 150 million coins or more. This is roughly the point where correctly playing big market shifts, like Pack sales, becomes more important than normal day-to-day trading.

As an end-game old-timer: Rich = 1 billion coins or more. The Rank 8 milestone. The only other milestone left would be Warsoul weapons (~15 billion), but frankly they look to me like a rip-off for their price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Fox_tek - Sanctuary
    Fox_tek - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Ask Wizzeledb:laugh