will using a glaive affect my healing?

Options
febrerox
febrerox Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Cleric
well i decided to use the tt80 glaive cause i want the 99 godspeed. i hear a lot of people saying swords are good cos they're "stable" (i'm guessing cos of the short attk range a sword has), so my question is, will using a glaive (which has a larger attk range) affect my healing in any way? :|
Post edited by febrerox on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It does affect your healing, although you may not notice it since in squad situations a player's health doesn't usually get low enough that it matters. Your heals are based on magic attack as well as a set number, so some people prefer the steady heals of a magic sword instead of "spike healing" on a glaive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I never really looked into the HH80 glaive, but the base matk drop in the HH90 glaive compared to other weapons is so incredibly small that it's insignificant. Check out if the same applies to the HH99 glaive.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    you wont regret choosing tt80 glavie :3
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I've been using glaives since the TT80 and continued on with TT90, and now TT99. No one has ever complained about my heals being insufficient, so no, go with your glaive if you really like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    "Will it affect my healing?"

Yes, it will make you heal more compared to when you are using other weapons.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Your one-time heals (i.e. wellspring, SoR) will have more fluctuation. IH on the other hand is less noticeable, as it's a skill you will cast many times repeatedly with more than one IH active at a time, thus forming a fairly stable average.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • febrerox
    febrerox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    you wont regret choosing tt80 glavie :3

you're right, i defo didnt regret getting it and was worth all that time i spent farming the mats ^-^ very pleased with it
    "Will it affect my healing?"

Yes, it will make you heal more compared to when you are using other weapons.
    Your one-time heals (i.e. wellspring, SoR) will have more fluctuation. IH on the other hand is less noticeable, as it's a skill you will cast many times repeatedly with more than one IH active at a time, thus forming a fairly stable average.

ah i see how it works now.. in my head i thought the heals would be something like(im just tossing in numbers here): 200, 530, 370, 692, 128, etc.

so glad to know that it doesnt affect my heals in a bad way ^^

ty for all the responses guys ^____^
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    febrerox wrote: »
    well i decided to use the tt80 glaive cause i want the 99 godspeed. i hear a lot of people saying swords are good cos they're "stable" (i'm guessing cos of the short attk range a sword has), so my question is, will using a glaive (which has a larger attk range) affect my healing in any way? :|
    yes and no.

Yes it will affect your healing, and no not to the extent that you have to choose your weapon based on how it affects your heals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan