VIT cleric pwn in PVP???

Options
whatsanding
whatsanding Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
hello ive just decided to go for VIT Cleric currently lvl 72

i was planning on base vit of my lvl for starters and sharding pure pdef

but my question is what kinda armor addons should i want?

should i want hp addons like from the TT sets (80 has a rather large array of VIT on it.)
or should i go for the pdef addons the armors

or would what ever i can get mroe of be better such as 100pdef>90hp or 100hp>90pdef?

aside from that PWI calculator would be great if n e one would show their prefered build

o and also your expereinces as a VIT cleric in the PVP aspect. still do good dmg? awsome survivability?!?

help a fellow cleric out =D thanxs guysim shooting for a good lvl 80 build 90 is to far away to think about =((((((((
Post edited by whatsanding on

Comments

• Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver
    Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    vit cleric? rly?

i should slap u where u stand u hoe lol

Go full mage and use shards.

u get too low HP from the vit u use on a cleric
    9x Barb
    6x Seeker
    6x BM
    6xCleric
    [SIGPIC]http://i38.tinypic.com/nco6ts.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I should slap you where u stand.
    Full mag clerics are pretty much a 1 shot to a wizard BT, BM's TE ,Barb's Arma and any archer crit on normal attk with a +8 or more lunar bow.
    Clerics can't have the pdef of a wizard so they need some vitality to compensate.
    yes, they have plume shell , but you can't just live in plume shell while in PvP.
    Vit + buffs and a cleric gets the attk a unbuffed wizard does with much beter survivability and a never ending list of debuffs and control skill. Played well clerics do good damage and have incredible survivability. They don't have the spike dmg of a wizard or the DPS of an archer, but they are never ever to be underestimated. I prefer to fight 2 bms than to go against a skilled good geared cleric.

Do they pwn in PvP? Endgame depends more on refines than on skills.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Bull you have no idea what you're talking about. Vit Clerics have enough HP to survive being one shot in most cases, and if you know anything about Clerics if you can't one shot one you damn near can't kill one. The HP from Vit lets us shard for Pdef, making us even harder to bring down and instead of focusing on nonstop healing we can actually attack you. Remember that one day I kicked your ****? Yeah that was the Vit my friendb:pleased
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have a vit cleric at your level, I can kill literally anyone from my level up to about level 80 given that they don't cash shop their gear to hell and back. I'm also the designated blue-baller in every instance I go into due to my high HP. This is using substandard gear for the most part as well.

I think Vit Cleric is really the only way to go for a pvp cleric, and it offers crazy pve benefits as well.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have a vit cleric at your level, I can kill literally anyone from my level up to about level 80 given that they don't cash shop their gear to hell and back. I'm also the designated blue-baller in every instance I go into due to my high HP. This is using substandard gear for the most part as well.

I think Vit Cleric is really the only way to go for a pvp cleric, and it offers crazy pve benefits as well.

o.O since when do bb need hp... they shouldn't get hit anyways. but it kinda make send have the cleric with the least dmg bb... so the other cleric can actually do dmg.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    o.O since when do bb need hp... they shouldn't get hit anyways. but it kinda make send have the cleric with the least dmg bb... so the other cleric can actually do dmg.

Uhhhhh, you realize that you only BB when there's AoE's going off? And to do that, you have to actually be inside the AoE range? And my damage is fine since my vit is offset by my Alm's bowl I use on this char and that one. Even without it, though, I only lack like 200 pvp damage overall.
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    my current build as of right now. will be rolling to base of 5 vit once a few more refines happen.

the process of balancing your cleric and what you want out of your cleric will be the hardest part. i for one changed a few times before slowly downgrading the vit for the added attack/heal power

my build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    my current build as of right now. will be rolling to base of 5 vit once a few more refines happen.

the process of balancing your cleric and what you want out of your cleric will be the hardest part. i for one changed a few times before slowly downgrading the vit for the added attack/heal power

my build

psst, if u got extra perfect garnets lemme know, ima be needing some next level.

o and I recently upped my vit to a base of 100, 48xx sumthin HP unbuffed, 33xx sumthing phys def >:

I got alot of refining to do.
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    vit cleric? rly?

b:bye come try me i have over 210 vits.
  • mulanrouge
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:bye come try me i have over 210 vits.

b:shocked

refine and pull the vit b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nasume - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:shocked

refine and pull the vit b:cute

b:angry i love vits.
  • mulanrouge
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:angry i love vits.

b:angry more mag

b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nasume - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:angry more mag

b:kiss

b:angry mag sucks
  • Jette - Lost City
    Jette - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yea I refuse to go full vit...I rather get my hp through refines while not destroying my magic damage...then will make my 99 gear with all imac garnets to boost my pdef a bit
  • mulanrouge
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yea I refuse to go full vit...I rather get my hp through refines while not destroying my magic damage...then will make my 99 gear with all imac garnets to boost my pdef a bit

the hardest part is keeping it balanced. in taking out vit, you take out added pdef. this means that you really need to watch both the refine for hp and the refines for pdef through protection ornaments. if you can get as close to a 50/50 split on hp and pdef, then you are doing perfect balance for any given situation. imo the pdef helps to save more then the actual hp. combine that with defense charms and sage vanguard b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    hello ive just decided to go for VIT Cleric currently lvl 72

i was planning on base vit of my lvl for starters and sharding pure pdef

but my question is what kinda armor addons should i want?

should i want hp addons like from the TT sets (80 has a rather large array of VIT on it.)
    or should i go for the pdef addons the armors

or would what ever i can get mroe of be better such as 100pdef>90hp or 100hp>90pdef?

aside from that PWI calculator would be great if n e one would show their prefered build

o and also your expereinces as a VIT cleric in the PVP aspect. still do good dmg? awsome survivability?!?

help a fellow cleric out =D thanxs guysim shooting for a good lvl 80 build 90 is to far away to think about =((((((((

For TW and group PvP a vitality build cleric is superior, since a clerics main job is to stay alive as long as possible so you can support and heal, purify, sleep, paralyze, debuff and assist attack.

In any form of group pvp the first target is always the cleric, which is why many clerics goes for a build where they max vitality for hp over magic attack, so they become hard to kill.

If you're not interested in group pvp like TW and huge pk-wars, if you rather solo pk i suggest not maxing out vitality but instead trying balance magic/vita so you get a little bit more dmg but still have decent hp.

I personally dont think any cleric should go full magic build unless they have very good gear, like cube necklace, at least some really good pieces of gear +10 and average refine +7 in general. Otherwise you will just get 1 shoot.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Uhhhhh, you realize that you only BB when there's AoE's going off? And to do that, you have to actually be inside the AoE range? And my damage is fine since my vit is offset by my Alm's bowl I use on this char and that one. Even without it, though, I only lack like 200 pvp damage overall.

doesn't really matter... all bb reduce dmg by half... regardless of level... although there is a slight diff in heals depend on mag attack. so from this perspective... as a vit cleric your bb is inferior compare to a hybrid or that of a mag cleric.
    and considering your point... if its an aoe boss... all squad members are generally in bb/aoe range. so if there is 2 clerics... it won't matter which cleric bb cause both will be taking hits. most likely you were choosen to bb cause of your inferior damage.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    doesn't really matter... all bb reduce dmg by half... regardless of level... although there is a slight diff in heals depend on mag attack. so from this perspective... as a vit cleric your bb is inferior compare to a hybrid or that of a mag cleric.
    and considering your point... if its an aoe boss... all squad members are generally in bb/aoe range. so if there is 2 clerics... it won't matter which cleric bb cause both will be taking hits. most likely you were choosen to bb cause of your inferior damage.

The other cleric couldn't survive the AoE even inside of BB, so I was chosen.

Also, are you really a dual blade elf?
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

It depends on the boss really, like warlurd usually lowest mag attack should bb. but on boss's where it's questionable as to weather or not the cleric will survive, the higher hp cleric will bb.
    vit cleric? rly?

And no, just no. I tried full mag build and put alot of time trying to get it to work. eventually I restatted, it's just truly not a good build unless you are able to pretty heavy cash shop.

And then back to vit build. Yes it rocks. Clerics goal is to try to stay alive, so getting hp from vit and refines and pdef from shards= win. For your gear you basically want to get the best you can get. Weapon and rings don't try to get ones with +hp/vit, get ones with +mag attk to make up for lack of mag since that is what they're supposed to give. armor and other ornaments you want to get +pdef mostly or vit/hp.
  • Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Vit build is great provided you have the weapon refines to make up for it: as a few people have said, the idea for a cleric is to stay alive, so a cata cleric needs high hp as well as decent matk (for decent heals).
    If you're pure pve then you really don't need more than about 5k hp (if that), provided your pdef is decent. It's up to you to find the right balance.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have a 240 Vit lvl 100 cleric. Over 10k phys res buffed + sage vanguard.

Plz try to smack me around Dx

Vit ftw <3
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The other cleric couldn't survive the AoE even inside of BB, so I was chosen.

Also, are you really a dual blade elf?

so... just how much more hp do you have over the other cleric? lets just assume you have 100 more vit... thats 1k more hp. and assuming similar equipment... if 1k is the thrushold between life and death in bb. so other cleric can't even stay alive in bb with pots and charms... your going to be burning through both of them. and if that is the case... arch and wiz will also be dropping. so whats left in your squad will be barb/bm/vit venos. serverly underpowered squad for the boss if you ask me.

at 9x the only 2 boss where 1k on robe will matter is belial and the final boss in rb. even then when bb is in effect and the lesser (hp wise) cleric is charmed there shouldn't be a problem at all.

It depends on the boss really, like warlurd usually lowest mag attack should bb. but on boss's where it's questionable as to weather or not the cleric will survive, the higher hp cleric will bb.

its always the lower mag cleric bb. at 9x most clerics will have over 5-6k hp anyways... so hp shouldn't be a problem anyways.

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    5-6k HP if u have really good gear and at least 50 vit.
    6k HP doesn't come easy for arcanes, believe me

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    5-6k HP if u have really good gear and at least 50 vit.
    6k HP doesn't come easy for arcanes, believe me

unless you totally gimp your phys def and shard all citrines, lol.

but yea i have 100 vit and I'm still 100 hp points shy of 5k hp <_<
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    unless you totally gimp your phys def and shard all citrines, lol.

but yea i have 100 vit and I'm still 100 hp points shy of 5k hp <_<

i used to have to put in effort to fight you :\ no wonder.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sorry, VIT and MAG cleric's or hybrid w/e is pure PVE build xD. My cleric is almost pure mag, and I am helpful in squads. LA built clerics are better off imo.

More P.DEF = plume shell = less damage + less MP consumed. Having higher HP as a cleric is good, but what good is HP if you have no different set of armor? What good is HP if you have no p physical defense? Also extra crit.

Extra VIT and refines in the LA and AA would give you extra HP.

Expensive path, don't use 1 set of armors in PVP unless you like to fight only physical or magical class xD

Arcane robes with sapphires and light armor with garnets... Feel free to flame me about the "fail" light armor b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i used to have to put in effort to fight you :\ no wonder.

fun days :P I think i had roughly 3200-3500hp or so back then at swamps.

Arcane robes with sapphires and light armor with garnets... Feel free to flame me about the "fail" light armor b:chuckle

@ what i bolded, I hope to god that was a typo...
  • combatx
    combatx Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    a little while i ago i remember being almost alienated for suggesting full vit clerics for pvp
    and even though the term 'metal mage' was already coined at that time, nobody really cared and some even took it as a compliment :P

of course theres an objective answer; in pvp (especially TW), clerics priority is to stay alive, toss out resses and heals so naturally vit seems the better choice

naturally, the mechanics have changed since I have played so this justification is probably complete bs, and to this i reply, build your cleric the way you think you can play it best. the more you let other people tell you how to play, the less exploration you are doing of your own talents
    I don't know if anything that I say is standard human nature. or if it matches up perfectly with some pathetic subculture. or that it fits the psychological profile of someone in need of this specific form of something.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hmm, I always thought that reduce incoming DPS is more importance than higher HP because you won't survive and fight if you can't heal faster than you get damaged. So high HP is good for 3 purpose only: survive magic attack (doubt it would really hurt you though unless your armor severely lack an element), endure more attack while you are doing something else, and make you last a bit longer while waiting for help. I would think point into mag or str are better than vit anyday.
  • xxunseenspecxx
    xxunseenspecxx Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    All I have to say is:

Any cleric that has any clue how to play this game will stat full VIT or at LEAST a hybrid VIT/MAG.

Take it from someone who has played this game as a cleric since closed beta... not to mention the fact that every cleric that is any good in any of the top rated guilds is a VIT or hyrbid... or LA if you count Pharoah... but you need to be exceptional at playing cleric to be any good as a LA...
    Guild History:
    Unlimited [retired guild]
    Conqueror [retired guild]
    BloodLusT [FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONZ/retired guild]
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:
    Wouldn't you like to know?

Current Status:
    Been jumping rooftops in ADC for the past year and a half<3
    Actively PvP'ing foramz style b:cute