What's better an archer or an assassin?

illuminatisaint
illuminatisaint Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Assassin
Hey guys I'm just wondering what's a better class in the long run. Primarily based on kill rate to vitality.
Post edited by illuminatisaint on

Comments

• BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Why the Hell is everyone asking this. There is no best class.
    There are some requirements to get a damn good chara(note: those are optional and concidered as the fastest way to get a pwnage class)

1. get ur mommy or daddy to pay for the game, buy gold, whatever and get the best eqipment(warsoul, ...)
    2. become a GM and u will have the best class ever

Trust me those two ways are 100% sure to deliver the best class in your hands, and now please stop posting such questions.
    Everything depends on the player and the gear. With good stuff every class is good.
    If there would be such thing as a best class, no one would picke the other classes as soon as they find out which one is the best.
    Pick one for your playstyle/fighting style.

For me a Sin is quite interesting and fun to play. Some nice skills, i like bloodpaint.(already concidering if getting hp- reg stuff and deff lvl increase eq is the best choice to support my leeching ability). It is quite hard and sure as hell not the pwnage class at first lvls but later on he gets pretty good(not that i have sth to say in that matter since i am still a lowby, but i am looking forward to my 80s)
  • Swift_Neon - Archosaur
    Swift_Neon - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There are some requirements to get a damn good chara(note: those are optional and concidered as the fastest way to get a pwnage class)

1. get ur mommy or daddy to pay for the game, buy gold, whatever and get the best eqipment(warsoul, ...)

Trust me those two ways are 100% sure to deliver the best class in your hands, and now please stop posting such questions.
    Everything depends on the player and the gear. With good stuff every class is good.
    If there would be such thing as a best class, no one would picke the other classes as soon as they find out which one is the best.

For me a Sin is quite interesting and fun to play. Some nice skills, i like bloodpaint.(already concidering if getting hp- reg stuff and deff lvl increase eq is the best choice to support my leeching ability). It is quite hard and sure as hell not the pwnage class at first lvls but later on he gets pretty good(not that i have sth to say in that matter since i am still a lowby, but i am looking forward to my 80s)

QQ Much? Seriously. Talk to a psychiatrist.
    Koruption Leader - TW/PK - Apply At koruption.mmoguildsites.com
  • XInjusticex - Dreamweaver
    XInjusticex - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010

hey bro the name calling is not neccesary ok. i was only asking because iv heard that archers are just better at kill but die easily and the same goes for the sins so lay off a liltle bit. Remember its only a game not your life.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    let me break it down for ya. as i have an 88 archer and a 90 sin.

archers: they can deal both physical and elemental (metal) damage from range. so they can take out any class if done right. but they have very little defense. probly the worst defenses in the game. so if you dont kill it before it gets to you....good luck on that. they also have a constant AOE which s arguably one of the best skills in the game

sin: deals more physical damage then an archer but only melee. and no means of elemental damage. but they can stealth. being able to stealth ensures you ALWAYS get the first hit and they too have the ability to take down every class in the game. but with no means of elemental damage they struggle a bit with the heavy armor classes. as the arcane classes fall pretty easy. their defense is based on luck where thier shields are all based on chance.

theres my unbiased opinion. the rest is up to you
  • Crypsis - Lost City
    Crypsis - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hey guys I'm just wondering what's a better class in the long run. Primarily based on kill rate to vitality.

Currently a demon barb is better than both archer and sins 1v1. A well geared 100+ demon barbs pretty much destroys everyone if you let him get into mele range. Might be different after next patch with all new skills tho b:surrender.

Archers are just depressing to play in pvp unless you can afford high refines. Its a decent class if you just wanna gank squishy due to the range. Its also a good class for party pvp. But at higher lvls you really dont do enough dmg to kill anyone 1v1 unless you get at least a +10 weapon and hell quick shoot.

Sins are cheaper than archers, you can do more dmg in pvp with lower refines. Assassins have some amazing high dmg skills, archers only have crit and dps. So if you want "the best class" for pking and ganking people and stack up 200 hours red on white names id go with a sin.

If you want the best class for challenging 1v1 fights (as in where the target actually fights back) id go with a barb. Barbs aren't as good as sins for ganking obviously since they dont have stealth and lack a range stun.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Currently a demon barb is better than both archer and sins 1v1. A well geared 100+ demon barbs pretty much destroys everyone if you let him get into mele range. Might be different after next patch with all new skills tho b:surrender.

Archers are just depressing to play in pvp unless you can afford high refines. Its a decent class if you just wanna gank squishy due to the range. Its also a good class for party pvp. But at higher lvls you really dont do enough dmg to kill anyone 1v1 unless you get at least a +10 weapon and hell quick shoot.

Sins are cheaper than archers, you can do more dmg in pvp with lower refines. Assassins have some amazing high dmg skills, archers only have crit and dps. So if you want "the best class" for pking and ganking people and stack up 200 hours red on white names id go with a sin.

If you want the best class for challenging 1v1 fights (as in where the target actually fights back) id go with a barb. Barbs aren't as good as sins for ganking obviously since they dont have stealth and lack a range stun.

Not everyone is gonna have the time and patience to make a well-geared lvl 100+ Demon Barb. :\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    QQ Much? Seriously. Talk to a psychiatrist.
    hey bro the name calling is not neccesary ok. i was only asking because iv heard that archers are just better at kill but die easily and the same goes for the sins so lay off a liltle bit. Remember its only a game not your life.

Umm i wasn't QQing......just pissed, lost count on how many times this question was asked. try to search for those posts.
    and i bet next week some other guy will ask this question again. anyway forget it then. don't want to start a discussion on this topic.
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This is merely my opinion, I play both classes

TW - Archer: Sins have not developed enough to find their use in TW as of yet (Hard to remove current classes as space was already vital on what classes you brought in) Believe this will change once demon/sage skills come in

PvE grinding - Archer: less repair cost, don't get hit really, no mana cost

PvE instances - Equal: Archers- range, meaning out of dangerous close range AoEs, ST to reduce boss's HP
    Sins- straggler control (those mobs that slip past tank) they can slower attack speed on bosses saving the repair cost a bit. bloodpaint to self heal on boss's AoE (however need enough HP to not get 2 shotted) And they have the highest DPS ever (2nd if ? boss but after some heavy refines and -interval gear you even beat hercs)

FCC/Delta - Archer: ST, 4th highest boss DPS, barrage is the best AoE DPS (granted I only use it on major big pulls)
    Sins: 2 AoEs, usually have to get bramble rage to make up for AoEs. However when set up right, they CAN AoE good (just not as good as everyone else). 2nd highest boss DPS Once sage/demon skills come, AoE power will rise.

Open PK: Sin stealth prevents ganks very well. Stealth makes getting the first hit/ganking guaranteed. Stun/seal lock, can spark in stealth.
    Archers have worst defenses, kiting is possible but when they catch up it ain't fun. Need a defensive genie.

1vs1 PvP (duel/PK only difference is a charm) Equal
    Archer: Kite kite kite kite,, REQUIRES PATIENCE
    Sins: stun/seal/sleep lock + stealth

(All this is due to change once sins get demon/sage skills)
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver
    Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Archers are the best

Sins cant beat apoc or genie expel
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Archers are the best

Sins cant beat apoc or genie expel

Says the sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • xgrade
    xgrade Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Sins r anti-archers rofl
  • Nutcayse - Harshlands
    Nutcayse - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Sins are lethal to archers. With demon lightning that change a bit. In 1vs1 i seen archers miss much more on sins than the other way around. If a sin stealth attack me and can keep me locked i am dead. Else i have a very good fighting chance. I have beaten quite a few sins 1vs1 on my own level. A smart sin is hard to beat but it can be done. Each class have their own nemesis. Sins are ours. But theres always a way around it ^^

I would not reroll. I love my archer.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Except 1v1 i'd say archer best all around.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Munsu - Lost City
    Munsu - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Let me guess.

You are Tigerlily's sin. A total guess from the constant qqing about how archers are underpowered and lvl 100 demon barbs are OP. And shes the only one that says "one shoot" instead of "one shot".

:)
  • Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver
    Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Archers 1-3 shot anything.. thus better.

Mage Fizban i dedicate the post to you my friend.
  • Ahknatn - Heavens Tear
    Ahknatn - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    theres no right or wrong
    the answer would be a matter of opinion
    i tried both and personally i prefered assasins
  • Ingothea - Archosaur
    Ingothea - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    yeh well i prefered assasins aswell...even though archers get wings form the start..you cant fly for along time..making that idea pointless until lvl 30(unless you buy lvl10 wings from the boutique)

Assasins can use bows aswell? but archers are stuck to that idea, of ranged weapons eg.slingshots, bows etc.
    and they have very bad defense, like fast enemies that come further into the game would kill archers much easier. Assasins however can escape from battle with shadow escape?(i cant rememeber the name) and have a huge variety of skills for up close battles. They can also pull in there enemy with knife throw and have many stuns.
    I prefer te assasin <(^.^<)
  • StainedBlade - Heavens Tear
    StainedBlade - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    For PvP combat which class would fare the best between archer and assassin I would have to say depending on the scale of the battlefield. If its the battle line on path B in TW where there might be over a 100 people within radar range I would definitely recommend an archer. An assassin would probably be smacked like a fly between the BM and Wizard AoEs while an archer can have his own little outer zone on side shooting AA and LA users from afar with nobody paying attention to them until their a corpse.

But if its a 1 vs. 1 PvP situation or still small scale combat which would be less than 13 people in radar range I would have to say assassin. Assassin has the initial advantage of stealth and as long as they get the first hit and there is no mess of AoEs everywhere they probably will do very well.

-Flop Flop- I'm a fish
  • Aquaknight - Lost City
    Aquaknight - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Lol, TW Sins... Interesting. But they do just stealth and pull catapults. But they have to try and avoid AoE's.

Btw, It really comes down to EQ + Skill. I stunlocked a 45 Archer with my standard EQ 32 Sin and beat him.

Skill People, Skill.
  • StainedBlade - Heavens Tear
    StainedBlade - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Assassins are effective catapult pullers in only one way that I have seen as practical in the Enrage vs. Tao battles. They are very good at transporting a catapult to the enemy tower/crystal as long as nobody in the other faction has the "Awareness Potion" Very difficult to get them in mass production but with that item you are easily able to make them visible if your an archer with just 1 little shot then your whole faction can kill them. But actually destroying enemy infrastructure and going past enemy towers they are quite worthless compared to barbarians.

-Flop Flop- I'm a fish