We AREN'T your slaves...

2»

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I only heal, buff, or rez my friends. I don't go and waste my mp unless they are well educated if we could say it like that. If someone is demanding some buffs or anything I'll just ignore and keep going with whatever I was doing since I don't have to help him. You heal, buff, and rez anyone you want if you want to, if not... too bad.

Yup, I'm sick of this "You're a Cleric so you HAVE to heal and buff me when I tell you to!" attitude some players seem to have. Clerics are more than healers, we're also good DDers and if you want proof go fight one that knows a thing or two about how the class works. I think a lot of these people would be in shock if they knew exactly how capable Clerics are. :P
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Amen to that, Zanryu. I'm so sick of people demanding buffs and ress'es from clerics as if we're made for the sole purpose of catering to others, then have the gall to WHINE when we buff them? They'd better thank god they weren't shown my Tempest instead.

Those are the wonders of a pvp server though, if you're standing outside of a SZ there and someone acts like that you can actually Tempest their ****, sometimes I'm slightly sad I didn't join a pvp server for those reasons, although with that come the frustrations of everyone killing or attempting to kill you.

I'm generally a person who heals people when they ask me to do so, but I won't stand for **** like barbarians or venos demanding buffs. I had an issue with the BH 59 where a barb tried to steal aggro from me all the time and DEMANDED that I healed him, although I was the one constantly being attacked, the barb never had aggro to begin with. b:infuriated

I'm sure everyone has similar stories regarding this.
    Clerics are not buffwhores. >__>
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm generally a person who heals people when they ask me to do so, but I won't stand for **** like barbarians or venos demanding buffs. I had an issue with the BH 59 where a barb tried to steal aggro from me all the time and DEMANDED that I healed him, although I was the one constantly being attacked, the barb never had aggro to begin with. b:infuriated

I'm sure everyone has similar stories regarding this.
    Clerics are not buffwhores. >__>[/QUOTE]

lol i had something like this 2 was in bh 51 helping and barb kept calling me squishy whole time i thought like ^^" come here and i show you who's squishy, we were at fushma barb and me were like really fighting for agro he was kinda getting angry lols i made the veno's pass me sparks for tempest i thought like im gonna keep agrro >:D you just try getting it away xP we clerics are more then some healing and buffing slaves
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Healdou - Harshlands
    Healdou - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    you are so right!
    everywhere I go there must to be some pepole that allways ask for rez and its keep anoying me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Look at these threads http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=665332 these quiet funny.

Anyway i am not someone who ask people buff, but if they give me.
    I will say thank you. b:thanks
    But yeah . . people sometimes not thinking first before asking something.

That OP doesn't realize that the Cleric is actually doing them a favour as they know they don't get their hp and mp skills untill after lvl 30 this being metabolic boost,soul transfusion and natures graces.That Op should be greafull for them as Venos do die on the bluffs.

I wanted to share this with you as well I was playing my Archer and someone pmed for res.I told him I am an Archer not a Cleric.

When it comes to others asking and I am in flight at certain altitude I just keep going as I tell them I got faction function to get to or faction mate needs me.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol if before ppl asked you to fly across the map to res them then now ppl even ask u to fly there to just buff them. then can fly to me for buffs and probably see 20+ other clerics on their way to me to who also can ask buffs. heck, i don't even fly to res anyone(ok, have done it 3 times for friends, thats it).

and actually i srsly hated clerics mag buff on my veno as my veno already steals agro often from pets and it happens much more often with mag buff...if cleric buffed my veno then i had to relog to remove it.
    That OP doesn't realize that the Cleric is actually doing them a favour as they know they don't get their hp and mp skills untill after lvl 30 this being metabolic boost,soul transfusion and natures graces.That Op should be greafull for them as Venos do die on the bluffs.

it doesnt do any favour, it removes your hp/mp regen apo pots which r way more better. i don't even have hp/mp regen buff in my macro buff, if i see ppl have one of hp/mp buff then they r using some kinda pot and its bettter to ask do they want it before you buff. even if they have both mp/hp regen icons then they still might be on apo pots, so better just leave it out of your macro and never put it in there again
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The worst part is you're flying along, and someone random or from faction sends a PM saying "Hi" It's like they think they're unique or something, in that they don't realize everyone who wants a cleric to do something for them always starts off with that. It is the way they check to see if you're AFK, or just to try to rope you in to doing something for them out of guilt. So now when someone says hi, I know to ask what do you want instead of act like they really want to talk to you. Some get offended, but I haven't had it happen where I was wrong yet, so **** em.

Also can set the auto-response to say I have lvl 1 buffs and revive, no hi needed. That's the auto-response for my clerics when I play them on other computer.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hi ... :) b:bye
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    Jlora - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    you are so right!
    everywhere I go there must to be some pepole that allways ask for rez and its keep anoying me...

Well if they say: Hey cleric could you please rez me?
    Then I'll gladly rez him but if he demands I'll just keep flying.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Once someone PMed me something along the lines of:

"Fair healer, I was fatally wounded in my battles with the vicious monsters that roam these lands! Would you kindly resurrect your fallen comrade?"

I was already past him on WQ, but I turned around, flew backwards, and ressed and buffed him for his ingenius method of asking b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Amourie - Heavens Tear
    Amourie - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If I get attitude in BHs I let them know it's not smart to **** the cleric off. I'll let you die. Lose the experience, have to walk all the way back, and miss the boss kill.

If someone needs a buff, I'll buff them if I'm not busy. I don't mind. If someone needs a res, I don't mind either, unless I'm not close. I usually get res requests during WQ in which I'm afk anyways, so I just ignore them.

If someone's rude I don't reply. I blacklist b:cute
  • hilltrot
    hilltrot Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I demand that you run around archosaur and buff everyone every half hour.
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The worst part is you're flying along, and someone random or from faction sends a PM saying "Hi" It's like they think they're unique or something, in that they don't realize everyone who wants a cleric to do something for them always starts off with that. It is the way they check to see if you're AFK, or just to try to rope you in to doing something for them out of guilt. So now when someone says hi, I know to ask what do you want instead of act like they really want to talk to you. Some get offended, but I haven't had it happen where I was wrong yet, so **** em.

Also can set the auto-response to say I have lvl 1 buffs and revive, no hi needed. That's the auto-response for my clerics when I play them on other computer.

I use 'Hi' as an opener whenever I PM almost anyone I don't have close contact with. I figure it's more polite than jumping right in and asking stuff, and it gives them a chance to not respond if they're afk, or let me know if they're busy before I say anything, so they don't have to feel guilty about it.

I didn't realize this was taken negatively by other clerics :(. I definitely don't mind if someone says hi to establish contact before asking politely for something.

hilltrot wrote: »
    I demand that you run around archosaur and buff everyone every half hour.

Good suggestion :). Since you thought of the idea, it shall be you. I hereby appoint you Duke Buff of Archosaur. You will make a 'buffer'-class character, which will only level your buffing skills, and oracle/quest your way to 59 using level 1 plume shot and level 1 blessing of the purehearted. This way you will not be tempted to stray from your duties by killing or healing, but will only run around archosaur buffing random people. You must also level winged mastery to travel faster on your duties through the city. Please post screenshots :).
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I use 'Hi' as an opener whenever I PM almost anyone I don't have close contact with. I figure it's more polite than jumping right in and asking stuff, and it gives them a chance to not respond if they're afk, or let me know if they're busy before I say anything, so they don't have to feel guilty about it.

I didn't realize this was taken negatively by other clerics :(. I definitely don't mind if someone says hi to establish contact before asking politely for something.

Good suggestion :). Since you thought of the idea, it shall be you. I hereby appoint you Duke Buff of Archosaur. You will make a 'buffer'-class character, which will only level your buffing skills, and oracle/quest your way to 59 using level 1 plume shot and level 1 blessing of the purehearted. This way you will not be tempted to stray from your duties by killing or healing, but will only run around archosaur buffing random people. You must also level winged mastery to travel faster on your duties through the city. Please post screenshots :).

LOL! ROFL! b:laugh

Nice one. XD

A cleric used solely for buffing randoms... I hope that doesn't get boring after a while. You know, public chatting "Who wants cleric buffs? Who wantsd cleric buffs?" If PWI was a real living breathing world with a realistic society, I'd imagine that it would be a low-paying part time job. b:surrender
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Devils_Heir - Heavens Tear
    Devils_Heir - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Amen to that, Zanryu. I'm so sick of people demanding buffs and ress'es from clerics as if we're made for the sole purpose of catering to others, then have the gall to WHINE when we buff them? They'd better thank god they weren't shown my Tempest instead.

tempestb:dirty but anyway, some people may have lvl 10 buffs on, and may not want to get lower buffs, but that's still stupid when some1 whines about it. Cleric buffs have no drawbacks like the psychic buff, which consumes mp, they should be gratefull, especially when my buffs click my charm sometimes, waste of a charm, and the same goes to res, people see u and demand that u revive them, revive aint cheap for a lower lvl cleric either. and the money that we spend on skills cant be wasted for pots after buffing every noob we come accross, geeze, greedy little peoplesb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I have been getting a lot of pms lately for buffs and resses.

@Skimi.I know but most don't have their apotho skill lvled that high for hp/mp regen powders yet.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • BigFIuffy - Archosaur
    BigFIuffy - Archosaur Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    yes i understand this a veno demanded that i tank her culti 49 bosses with my girlfriend (a cleric) and when i refused cause i didnt want it she accused my guild of all being *******s

i guess people believe that barb= made to tank our bosses
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Maybe they need to give Clerics a nice XP bump each time they buff or rez somebody.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Sabella - Harshlands
    Sabella - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    thats one of the perks of a pvp server.

someone asks for buffs, i click tempest and "oops wrong button".

I'm gonna have to give this approach a try.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2010

It's one thing to say Hi, I was wondering.... or something along those lines. But after so many times of seeing it, when someone only says Hi, it means a few things.

They want something.
    They are being lazy, and don't want to type a real sentence in case they don't get a reward out of it.
    They are playing a conversation game, in which case they expect you to play along with their set script.

It's either one or a combo of those things when you just see the Hi only, and gets auto-ignored since I have much less interest vested in what they're trying to accomplish than they do. And if they're too lazy to type it out, I see no need to put forth more effort for something benefiting them than they are.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Kismeta - Dreamweaver
    Kismeta - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Glad I'm not the only one who has this problem on a regular basis. My problem is, however much I desperatly don't want to do it, I usually end up doing it, whether buffing or helping out on a BH. Sometimes I just get annoyed though lol. Look at the siggy if you want my true opinion lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<- tyvm to ForsakenX for the sig, <3 ur work

Vanquish for life

Clerics are not your slaves, we do not exist to do your bidding. We also have names. Saying please does not take a lot of typing. I react very badly to being yelled at. Please do not do it.
    Its rather sad when people automatically assume you are a guy just because you are playing a veno....
    Live life to its fullest, learn from your mistakes, and most importantly, have fun. b:victory
  • PinkSuccubuS - Lost City
    PinkSuccubuS - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    maybe its cos of guild and i think it is i am guildless and see that almost never mostly
    just wana recruit me.

so its either hi wana join or hi wana res/buff/heal me

also i lv faster in no guild wonder why b:pleased
  • Dolori - Dreamweaver
    Dolori - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    less and less ppl even say thank you when you heal, revive, buff them.
    I mean does it take so long to write ' ty '?

And to be honest (respect for you venos) but I hate that class :p
    I see it twice / hour: you're grinding, a bit solo while you're waiting you're squad or LF one,
    comes a veno and his stupid pet steals the mob you're attacking...
    I'm sorry but venos you are a very egoistic class.

You think you can own everything with your stupid pet!
    Ask them for squad? Decline, decline, decline, decline.. they just think they own the place and that they can be arrogant.

Even if the mob you're fighting to is almost dead, a stupid veno often sends his pet on it so that the last hit is for him/her.

Note to every veno: !STOP! mobstealing and being arrogant ty!

sorry had to say that ^^
  • _Neve_ - Heavens Tear
    _Neve_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    that is a bit very off topic dolori^^
    and honest, its not just venos doing that, alot of ppl do that. some just seem to like annyoing others and sometimes things just happen by accident. but honest its not just venos.
    and if you had some bad exsperiance with some venos you still shouldnt throw them all on one pile.
    its just the same as some ppl think all clerics are egoistic. cause we dont really want too group buff again after a struggler finally made his way in the cave and give him single buffs or cause we dont rez or buff someone that is "asking" for it (when you call: rez me! askng <.<)