I have twins on new server

ViAudio - Archosaur
ViAudio - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Support Desk
SO. I created a new character on the new server and realized I could not use my other character name on heaven tear and made this one.. I have noticed I have two names now for the same and characters which is odd.

One name is ViAudio and the other is viaudio and one named character has a picture and the other doesnt..

I would like to keep the character name and pic for ViAudio.. Question is how did i end up with twins!

Here is pic of what I am talking about...

ViAudio.jpg
Post edited by ViAudio - Archosaur on

Comments

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2010
    I don't know why you're seeing an extra avatar on the forums, but the reason your name was taken is because Archosaur shares a name database with Heaven's Tear and Sanctuary.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• ViAudio - Archosaur
    edited March 2010
    Surtr wrote: »
    I don't know why you're seeing an extra avatar on the forums, but the reason your name was taken is because Archosaur shares a name database with Heaven's Tear and Sanctuary.

Yeah i was wondering why I too was seeing double names and such.. Hmn!! this is odd but anyway hopefully a solution can be resolved ..

I actually only have one character on new server but i have two names showing one with a pic and one without a pic. Hope my new character does not get wiped and start over.. I have a ton invested in it... Gold, SIlver, Goodies, Swat-knots, and such..
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think there might be something peculiar going on with your account; please submit a ticket to Customer Service, and they'll set things straight :)

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

Thanks!
  • ViAudio - Archosaur
    edited March 2010
    Ticket sent! b:chuckle Hopefully they get it corrected..
  • ViAudio - Archosaur
    edited March 2010
    Well! I still have the double for the forums and cant see my picture either..

but on the server i have one name now which is better than two of the same names..

How long before i can get my picture and stuff corrected here.. I have also seen others that have same problem as i do with thier picture and so forth when they post on forums here..

Anyway hopefully it be corrected.. i have no idea why i have two names the same on the forums..

Wonder if the bug occurred when i was creating this character name and such..
    b:question
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I cleared my cache and leveled a few times and it showed as my picture again on my alt. Not sure if that will work, but worth a try?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • ViAudio - Archosaur
    edited March 2010
    well i just leveled from 19 to 23 and well! Im still a twin on the forums but on the server , I have no twins,.. did you clear cache as you were playing game or out of game...
    b:surrender
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Doesn't make much of a difference I'd think, since it doesn't have to do with the game, just the internet browser. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • ViAudio - Archosaur
    edited March 2010
    b:surrender tried with cache and so forth .. im still seeing twins and such on forums,,,
  • Rivierra - Archosaur
    Rivierra - Archosaur Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Im having the same kind of problem, I created a cleric with the name Rivierra on Raging Tide, then i created a character with the name Rivierra(on the same account) on Archosaur. And it wont show Archosaurs Rivierra Avatarb:cry
    Im so madb:angryb:surrender
    any suggestions?b:thanks or is it th same problem as EGiFZ
  • EGiFZ - Heavens Tear
    EGiFZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    HMn come to think of it... i wonder if i have accidently made a character with same name on another server .. hmn odd.. this is my main character i have no twins..

Hmn .. next time i logg in i will look at other servers and see if i have a twin in them for ViAudio...

Nice to see another twin on the forums..b:victory

b:sad
    want hurt to try and see and if i do fins one on another server i will delete it and keep my Archosaur server character name ViAudio..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rivierra - Archosaur
    Rivierra - Archosaur Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    yeah ill try deleting Rivierra on Raging Tide, though deleting the characters on the servers doesnt seem to get rid of their avatarsb:cry
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    yeah ill try deleting Rivierra on Raging Tide, though deleting the characters on the servers doesnt seem to get rid of their avatarsb:cry

Apparently deleting characters deletes their avatars for me.If not,all those failed attempts at classes will flood the whole page for me.Not sure if it's the same for other ppl
  • EGiFZ - Heavens Tear
    EGiFZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    That might explain the twins and triplets and so forth.. all the failed attempts somehow didnt get removed as an unwanted feature or name and such..

Sounds like double jeoporady !!!

Having a failed attempt while making a new character name on a new server and lets say you had one fail attempt and one accomplished attempt, then that might explain the twins and such..

b:shocked

Wheres my cookies at PWI.. I solved the mystery of the twins.. well need to figure out how to remove the ebil twin and keep the one i have that has a pic on it..

b:surrender

Now where did that chicken go hide too..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.