What is the best PvM and PvP race/caracter

pensia
pensia Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Barbarian
Hello. I'm new in teh game and this is my first question, i so some prety good builds on here but what i cant figuer out is what caracter/rece to use 4 pvm and witch one 4 pvp.
What is the best PvM and PvP race/caracter and why if u cand add.b:bye
Post edited by pensia on

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'd say go with the class that you can spell correctly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • pensia
    edited March 2010
    I'd say go with the class that you can spell correctly.

Sry m8 but english is my 3-rd spoken lenguage ans not my native one so, if u can can share some of your experience wit me i'll be grateful if not stop please let others do b:shutup
  • Akai_Akuma - Heavens Tear
    Akai_Akuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    id say go barb, and at lvl 89, go demon :D

demon barb is:
    1) a hell of a tank, you cant take aggro of demon barbs
    2) fking spike dmg :D... Armageddon is the most overpowered skill in PWI, makes you able to 1hit almost everything aslong as you got a great HP pool :D
  • Gromskull - Harshlands
    Gromskull - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    1st of all is PvE. What does PvM stand for? Player vs monsters? Lol

Anyways. If u want a class that is really needed in party's choose a barbarian or cleric.
    The best solo class and the easyest to play is a venomancer, if u're not planing on making friends (lol)
    A really fun class to play is the blademaster. Not easy, not hard, meah.
    The best pvp classes are archer and sin. You can pvp really early in the game.
    If you like casters choose a psychic and you'll have a easy life until lvl 80-90. Or u can choose a wizzy and eat your heart out until 99 when u get from squishy to overpowered.
    That's bout it
  • EmptyWords - Heavens Tear
    EmptyWords - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There is not a best PvP or PvE class.

Each has pro/con against other classes.

It's true that armageddon it's a very powerful skill, but u can't 1hit a same lev BM-barb with that.

And a wizzy can 1-2shot a barb..

Ps: demon barb is not better than sage for tanking (cause normal dmg it's higher for sage one, strengh of titans + axe mastery).
    The best pvp classes are archer and sin

...archer is the only class that can't kill me in PvP...so I don't agree with that..

b:bye
  • pensia
    edited March 2010
    Thank you all 4 the posts, i realy apareciate them.b:victory
    p.s. PvM(yes it come from player versus monster/moob on games like metin and 4 story ;) )
  • Brutu - Heavens Tear
    Brutu - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    In pve all classes have their roles, barb tanks... Cleric heals etc... Pvp is not much different as certain classes have their own tactics associated with them and specific builds to best benefit such tactics, so I say simply go with the class you are most comfortable with and you will have the best class at pvp/pve.
  • SwiftKitten - Dreamweaver
    SwiftKitten - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Depends what u want.

barb will survive the best but deal less damage under much higher lvls and run really fast

psychic will do the most damage but runs like a depressed snail, thats drunk, while half asleep, in a coma, best class for beginners (easiest)

veno is just sexy really good for PVE if u wanna kill stuff 1 at a time good for beginners

axe Bm is best PVE if u wanna kill stuff in groups

assain is great but is way to hard for beginners cause ur very fragile

cleric is a very important class but is very expensive and and a noob cleric will **** people off

Wizard is like a psy but donesn't become good till high lvls

acher, is good but lvls 25-42 are a real pain unless ur rich

again not a beginning class

if ur first time playing i would choose psychic,

by far the most beginner friendly class,

veno is the next easiest

assasin is best in duels but again is the hardest class to play overall
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    First thing I got to ask you... what is this doing on the barbs forums?

I have to say, its playstyle... For my playstyle

Best PVE character is barbarian, due to high HP an physical defense, their skills are dealing with a lot of survivability and taunt skills. And they can be the most carebear class in the whole game :D. Barbarians can held their own throughout the whole entire game. Really fun to play and really stands out from PVE point of view.

Best PVP character is BM, due to stuns, speed increase and lots of weapons to use, even armors (don't use arcane robes xD) we use self and crowd control very well. Although I don't PVP but BMs have the best PVP point of view in my eyes.
    id say go barb, and at lvl 89, go demon :D

demon barb is:
    1) a hell of a tank, you cant take aggro of demon barbs
    2) fking spike dmg :D... Armageddon is the most overpowered skill in PWI, makes you able to 1hit almost everything aslong as you got a great HP pool :D

This is not about sage / demon barbs the OP is talking about.

1) I bet a sage barb can take arggo from a demon barb and vice versa, its called flesh ream and devour. Second, from what I believe that the buff and mastery from sage barbs can hold arggo better than demon when both in human form....

2) Spike damage, Armageddon is not overpowered, infact. I see almost no use of this skill, I rather use garrote or stomp of the beast king than go suicidal with armageddon just to deal damage. In PVE or PVP, this skill is not useful to me under most situations. Now what happen if you use it in heavy AOE and you missed a good number of mobs? Your jacked up. How about MISSING armageddon? What happens if another barb nullifies you with invoke the spirit? Who loses more HP? Or what about a venomancer using bramble guard or bramble hood? You'll 1 shot yourself b:laugh. Best skill ingame is invoke the spirit, its not OP either.

3) Demon = a bonus just like sage, doesn't mean they are better at everything. Sure demon barbs have great crit rate, sages can get high crit too in gears. While demon can have more P.ATK in gears? Same game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • pensia
    edited March 2010
    Thank you all 4 sharing some of your experience wit me it is all very apreciated b:thanks