Some questions on FF

Amasaya - Heavens Tear
Amasaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Wizard
I know that I am currently low level for FF, but as I like to plan ahead I have couple of questions..

I read somewhere that I should have at least 3k HP without buffs? I suppose this is correct.
Should I add some points into vit? Currently I don't think that I have more then 20 on it, and I'm slowly sharding my armor with citrines..

Most important question: Which skills should be necessary for maxing? I suppose dragons breath and fire mastery maybe?

Thanks b:shocked
Post edited by Amasaya - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I know that I am currently low level for FF, but as I like to plan ahead I have couple of questions..

I read somewhere that I should have at least 3k HP without buffs? I suppose this is correct.
    Should I add some points into vit? Currently I don't think that I have more then 20 on it, and I'm slowly sharding my armor with citrines..

Most important question: Which skills should be necessary for maxing? I suppose dragons breath and fire mastery maybe?

Thanks b:shocked

DB is used alot for rushing but with a mixture of aoes going on at the same time the wizards i know only had level 5 DB and it was good enough. My masteries are all level 7 and slowly rising so it might be worth leveling it higher anyway
  • Amasaya - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for fast reply..

Well, I'm not sure about my fire mastery. It should be around 6 or 7. I maxed my earth mastery and water is maxed (or high) as well..

What about ultis? Those are expensive :(
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Ults are not really necessary, DB is good enough. :) Using ultimates becomes useful at lvl99 if you go sage, since otherwise you lack the constant chi supplies. The only ult you can invest in for FC on your level is MS. Maxed MS is pretty useful to stun some groups that aoe freeze. But that job can also be done by a bm. It's just personal preference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amasaya - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Yay, that's awesome. Thanks for reply as well.. I'm saving spirit for Undine at the moment, and once I level and get it, getting spirit for maxed DB shouldn't be an issue ^_^ Then I'll just invest couple of levels in MS.. Good to know about ulti's, as I'm going demon.. That will help with prioritizing on spells.

Thanks! b:cute
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    FC is much easier than GV Gamma, don't worry
    Packs World International
  • Belheldar - Harshlands
    Belheldar - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    its too bad no one takes you on FC til your 85 :(
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Maybe not on random runs, but I started FC's when I was lvl 80 with faction and friends.

On the questions:
    2,4k hp unbuffed here, and no problem atall in FC. And uncharmed XD.

It's mostly the RB runs people will want you to have 3k hp for, though I don't even have a problemw with those with my hp pool (provided I have a good tank/BM, and obviusly the last boss will kill me if BB goes down)

If you do it good, the pull will die in 2 DB ticks, sometimes even in 1 tick. They won't get a chance to even think about attacking you.
    If it doesn't work so smoothly, keep an eye on your hp. Once your orginal target is dead, you won't have a target. Soon as you see that you have a mob targeted again, this means you have aggro. Pop a crabmeat, hold your mouse over the second wind button, and you'll be fine.
    Only time I died on FC was when all mobs from a pull in the big room decided to hit me at the exact same time. I was dead before I even saw the first hit, no charm or hp pool can help against that b:laugh
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2010

DDs get easy squads at 80 on HT too
  • _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear
    _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2010

in FF from 81, a wiz friend -pure mag,no tt armor,no sharded (1.8k hp unbuffed O_O)- from lvl 75. The problem is if u're oneshottable by aoes. Dont worry for DB, all depends by how much hard hits the bm before u start it.
    If u've friends/faction and a good bm in it, from lvl 80 u can easily find a squad.
    The only thing in GVs/RBs and FF/FC/FCC is timing.
    With the right timing u'll get less aggro, and with a good bm, u will get aggro and receive just one-two hits.
    Remember that barb has aoe aggro skills, and bm must have always alpha male to save u if u're too strong for his aoe (xD) :)
  • Amasaya - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    in FF from 81, a wiz friend -pure mag,no tt armor,no sharded (1.8k hp unbuffed O_O)- from lvl 75. The problem is if u're oneshottable by aoes. Dont worry for DB, all depends by how much hard hits the bm before u start it.
    If u've friends/faction and a good bm in it, from lvl 80 u can easily find a squad.
    The only thing in GVs/RBs and FF/FC/FCC is timing.
    With the right timing u'll get less aggro, and with a good bm, u will get aggro and receive just one-two hits.
    Remember that barb has aoe aggro skills, and bm must have always alpha male to save u if u're too strong for his aoe (xD) :)

well, at the moment, unbuffed i am at 2.3k HP. When buffed I'm close to 3k.. But I plan to shard my armor a bit more..
    my gear is fine.. no TT as well, but I have sakyamuni's light, steppenwolf's lord cape, pants of hedes and sleeves of sea captain so far..

I will keep what you said in mind, and will try to youtube someone's run just to be sure that I don't end up doing something stupid b:shocked
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    well, at the moment, unbuffed i am at 2.3k HP. When buffed I'm close to 3k.. But I plan to shard my armor a bit more..
    my gear is fine.. no TT as well, but I have sakyamuni's light, steppenwolf's lord cape, pants of hedes and sleeves of sea captain so far..

I will keep what you said in mind, and will try to youtube someone's run just to be sure that I don't end up doing something stupid b:shocked

Yea, more than enough hp, good gear. You should be more than fine for FC. Just bring enough hp/mp food, maybe some elixers and second wind just incase, and you're fine
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Azzan - Harshlands
    Azzan - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    While you can certanly do FC with your current hp, be prepared to have your charm ticking like crazy on the last boss if you have below 4k hp buffed. (If u have a charm that is, which isn't needed at all for a FC run)
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ok, now, one trick to do bosses in FC without charm tick:
    Duel.
    Start a duel with one of your squad mates before boss fight then pot/BB heals will be enough to keep you alive. No charm ticks, no pain in the butt.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    huh? =o

charschars
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    charms don't work in duels, no matter if you're hit by a player or a mob.
    and u don't die when HP is 0, the duel ends and charm is restoring full HP.
    If u pot + cleric BB heal, even a low HP (wiz/cleric) can survive without any problems in FC without ticking charms at all.

I used this trick when running FC without barb on all bosses that have AoE. Lately became so convenient that I use it almost every time there is a chance to have the charm tick.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    lol ur right. i forgot that bb still works while duel - just not 'on swords'

tho being in duel as cleric may be bit risky since u wont be able to heal ur oponent..
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    well, I dunno exactly how BB and duel works, but a cleric might try and let us know.
    last FC I ran 4 out of 6 (except a endgame barb that was actually uncharmed and the cleric) were in duel mode at almost all bosses to save the charms for the upcoming TW.

I wonder if I could tank 69 with this trick...that would make me a complete tank for 19-89 fbs :P

I have to see what TTs I can tank too... d^_^b ( I did tanked a part of 2-1 a few days back when barb was 71 and I just got bored of holding up on DD ... I was amazed how easy it was)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    well, I dunno exactly how BB and duel works, but a cleric might try and let us know.
    tbh i dunno either - never tried when i was in duel. but i know that if there will be need for use single heal or purify then i wont be able to do it
    I wonder if I could tank 69 with this trick...that would make me a complete tank for 19-89 fbs :P

I have to see what TTs I can tank too... d^_^b ( I did tanked a part of 2-1 a few days back when barb was 71 and I just got bored of holding up on DD ... I was amazed how easy it was)
    damn u wizzes and ur pdef D:
    but yea - part of 2-3 shudnt be biggie either since u can tank many bosses in 'mag mode' ;)

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    my pdef full buffed is only 10k (lvl 10 on all buffs and my sage earth barrier) d^_^b ...but if I have a barb buff and a cleric that can spam Sage Vanguard Spirit I can get very close to 12k pdef. I used this trick with a cleric friend, quite nice what you can do with over 7k HP and 12k pdef as a DD dO_Ob

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    lately i did krimson with 89 wizzy tanking and i was shocked how easy it was :3

• BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    charms don't work in duels, no matter if you're hit by a player or a mob.
    and u don't die when HP is 0, the duel ends and charm is restoring full HP.
    If u pot + cleric BB heal, even a low HP (wiz/cleric) can survive without any problems in FC without ticking charms at all.

I used this trick when running FC without barb on all bosses that have AoE. Lately became so convenient that I use it almost every time there is a chance to have the charm tick.

Doesn't duel have a time limit on them? I think it ends in a draw in 3 minutes or so. Can't recall exactly.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    enough to kill any boss in FC with time to spare.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amasaya - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    While you can certanly do FC with your current hp, be prepared to have your charm ticking like crazy on the last boss if you have below 4k hp buffed. (If u have a charm that is, which isn't needed at all for a FC run)

Heh, I had a faction run, and we did it pretty well I can say.. I don't really use charms, I rely mostly on tree of protection and second wind. As far as I remember, I don't think that I died once.. o_0
    Didn't have much problem with last boss, other then his monster HP. Though Undine strike (I got it finally) and extreme poison helped xD
    It was VERY fun, I enjoyed doing it. It helped that there was wizzie with lvl 10 DB (unlike mine b:chuckle )

EDIT: I forgot to add that I managed to get my HP to 3.4 buffed, so maybe that helped as well.

Saw cape with 3 flawless +hp shards in AH for 300k which I bought ^_^