Farewell PWI

Transcend - Lost City
Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
tl;dr: TY4FUN, BYE.

Hi all,

I'll be reducing my playing time to a minimum, if not quitting altogether, so I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who've made the game a worthwhile investment over the last 18 months. I'll be pursuing my passion for photography in and around Southern California, and my focus is entirely needed to make it work.

To everyone on both sides of the factor KOS aisle, thanks for making the game a great challenge in both PVP and TWs. I tried to maximize my abilities using a minimal amount of money involved, and I like to think I was relatively successful. In total, I spent about $800 during my time and like to think I was able to compete with those who've spent considerably more.

To my old school UnLimited friends, I wouldn't have made my start in vids if it weren't for you. Who could've known they would evolve into what they are today. I know there's a few of you left still in the game and/or on the forums, and wish you the best in all your endeavors.

To GuardianZ, thanks for the great TWs as we took on RQ. Our greatest victory was defending against BLT, and will always remember that as a team that stood together and really pulled off some amazing defenses against a considerably stronger guild.

To Spectral, thanks for hosting me during my first transition from one side of kos to the other. You're all a great bunch of people, and was proud to be in your company (although most were halfway around the world). Thanks for the mutual respect when I transferred back to the other side, I appreciate it :) Athran's a great leader, gave me a shot when I was even unsure of joining them myself, and was extremely helpful while I got situated.

Damn.. writing this is harder than I thought, can't believe I'm starting to tear up b:sad

To Essence, I love you guys, read our forums for more detail. Thanks again for helping me survive my end-game PW life, I am proud to have been there from the near-beginning and seeing us grow from a rag-tag group of PVP'ers into organized TW beasts <3 I found the hardcore PVP I was looking for right under my nose, and do hope Fight Club continues without my presence.

To all the ladies of PWI, I may not be able to say my personal goodbyes, but do know that I did appreciate you taking the time to message me and having those long conversations whenever I received your PM. Maybe we'll meet someday, but for now, do keep in touch (see below).

To all the guys, thanks for your compliments and messages on YT and PWI. I really appreciate it and did my best to make my vids as entertaining and educational as possible. Just remember that even when the odds aren't in your favor, don't give up. You don't need the best gear to compete at the highest level, just a bit of creativity and perseverance :) Think outside the box, and amazing things just might happen..

To all of PWI. I became known for making vids for the past 1.5 years, and without your criticism and input, it wouldn't be at the level it is today, so thank you. You've helped me see things as an audience member and not just a creator, which tends to be blinding. I do hope that you were able to enjoy my taste in music as it is/was a big of my life. I will be using the techniques, critiques, and experience gained from this in my RL projects, so thank you very much.

It was quite the adventure being a psuedo-celebrity, talking to people from PW versions all across the globe and really making the effort to contact me. I realized I should be focusing the energy I invested in PW towards my RL, where the possibility of making it happen is closer than ever for me.

Thanks again all, I don't know if I'll make any more vids.. maybe when I have some free time I might work on it a bit here and there. If you want, you can contact me via youtube or facebook if you wish:

http://www.youtube.com/transcendpw
http://www.facebook.com/ryanllora

All the best,
Transcend, aka Ryan

(I just hit 500 subscribers.. sorry to let them all down b:surrender)
youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
Total Videos: 38
Subscribers: 1,775
Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Transcend - Lost City on

Comments

• Herbalism - Lost City
    Herbalism - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Best to you Transcend.

Take care buddy.
  • Arania - Lost City
    Arania - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Wish you the best in the future! <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Good luck Transcend, I'm pretty sure we met when I was blue name and you were 7x, and you were always the first person I'd ask when I needed something. Guess you kinda taught me about the game, anyway thx for all the help over the past year+ and sad to see you go :( Good luck and I hope to see you on the weekends sometime b:sad

p.s. your photography is amazing
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Good bye, T-bone :(
    We never talked much ever! But I do feel privileged to have been in your video. even though I died a bajillion times!
    Take care man! Best of luck IRL!

Peace!

-Vulpix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    <3 Transcend

You will be missed but visit us on occasion!! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdemonaaa - Lost City
    Desdemonaaa - Lost City Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Bye Transcend (Tranmonster) b:sad
    Take care & good luck with your photography! b:flower
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LLamaPie - Lost City
    LLamaPie - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Quick Go Spam Subscribe To Haiz's Videos Omfg
  • Dvalinn - Lost City
    Dvalinn - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm unsubscribing :(
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Trans...........We didn't have ALOT of chances to pvp together and then against each other.
    But u KNOW me.....I always respect the skilled and the strong.
    YOU are definitely one of them in my eyes from the few times we DID work together and clash.

I'm real happy for ya on the job thing. Blessed be the man who gets to do what he LOVES as his JOB.
    I'm sure u will pursue your career with as much passion or maybe even MORE so that u put into this game.
    Go do GREAT THINGS my friend.

Cya when i cya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Best of luck to you. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Auraelia - Lost City
    Auraelia - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    :(

As usual, it's sad to see someone like you from the community not being around much and soon leaving for good. I never spoke to you before except when I was making fun of your shirt when we were doing public quest. It would have been nice to been able to do the gv the next day. :3

I guess I should be glad to hear that you're moving on to great things. I should check out your photography. Take care and good luck. b:victory
  • MaiaElais - Lost City
    MaiaElais - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Transter; my inspiration, motivation and teacher. Really sad to see the best EA on the server leave but good luck with the photography and life. Have fun <3

P.S Gonna miss your videos (Fight Club Part III please :3)
    ~Carpe Diem~
  • combatx
    combatx Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    you definitely had the psychological profile that most should have when they play pwi

first time we ran into each other you crashed me at butterflies
    i didnt ask why, but you told me you were just "carrying on the crash"

and then i knew you deserved referral
    I don't know if anything that I say is standard human nature. or if it matches up perfectly with some pathetic subculture. or that it fits the psychological profile of someone in need of this specific form of something.
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol

good luck in RL man

that's my two cents
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Awww sad to see you go. Shame I didnt see you too often in game (mostly in pk and TW tho) but I guess thats the problem with huge time differences! q__q

keke you remind me about GZ vs BLT TW's. I like the one where you guys had 80 ppl in your base and we were camped outside from practically start to finish... but we couldnt get through- that was hardcore! Flamez on vent that day was classic! XD
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Dizzy - Lost City
    Dizzy - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the film making tips. You saved me a lot of trial and error work I'm sure.

My time in Perfect World is almost up but I'll carry the torch as you put it along with all the other PW film makers to keep a living history of Lost City going strong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every time someone replies on an alt to someone, you know they scared.

Faction History in Order:
    RageQuit, Hate, Darknes, RedHawk, NoAngels, FightClub, Harvester, Peerless, FinalOath, Koi, ThaClick.
  • MIraMinuit - Lost City
    MIraMinuit - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Take care and i hope you achieve the greatest things. You deserve it. ^^
    Come visit me sometime since you'll be in Southern California!
    Take care :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RainKilganon - Lost City
    RainKilganon - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Its always sad to see a legend go. Wish you the best of luck in RL man. Hope you can garner the fame you had here for real.

Ill never forget the time I was flying over Hidden Orchid and I watched you take out 3 people within a few seconds. It was like seeing a celebrity lol. Regret that I never got a chance to get up to where I could be on a battlefield with you, either with or against. Either would have been an honor. Good luck.
    "I'm in the Dark, I'm alone around you. I've been here before, nobody here to get me through. Oh, I'm losing my faith in every way, That points to you, I'm in the dark." <3 The Birthday Massacre
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm going to miss your videos. :(
    Make one more! or send me all your trance music.
    60 / 250.
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    cya Transcend
  • BigBang - Harshlands
    BigBang - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm going to miss your videos. :(
    Make one more! or send me all your trance music.

even harshlandians will miss him right D: ur guna miss his vids used to wzatch em fully then replay on background for music while pvp T.T
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • action1080i
    action1080i Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Transend i finally get my bow +10 and then u quit. come back and give me my 1v1 punk.
  • Agentzero - Lost City
    Agentzero - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    so long transcend.. thanks for your awesome vids.. i learned so much about how to play an archer from you in past guilds and your vids.. take care man ='(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Godspeedb:cry
  • Dakaruch - Lost City
    Dakaruch - Lost City Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Take care Transcend, was nice to play against you in TW/pvp if only for a short time.
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    b:chuckle
    I probably see ya in this year monster at halloween!

It was fun playing with ya n against ya!

b:bye Hope ya do good with yar photography n career.

If ya get on game ask for my msn or send me yars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • CrazyJ - Lost City
    CrazyJ - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Take care Transcend~ never told u this but from watching your video's, its what made me re-roll to an archer from my BM b:chuckle

Wish u luck in your futureb:bye

EDIT: Why does my avatar say im 99 when im 100? T_T
  • Eshlay - Lost City
    Eshlay - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Take care Transcend, and good luck on your photography.

I agree with CrazyJ. Your videos, plus PvPing you a few times way back when, made me want to re-roll to an archer. xP
    Eshlay- Lv. 92 Venomancer (Quit/Retired)

Playing for: 2 years.

Completely uninstalled. Still lurking the forums from time to time. Might come back if some things are done right for once.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I already said it on our forums, but I'm browsing here for the first time in months and found this thread, so good luck IRL.

You were one of the fun ones in game, both pvping with and against. Thanks for the great videos, your reputation will carry on.

Sad to see a lot of the people I like games going away, but I always have hope we'll run into each other somewhere down the line.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neader - Lost City
    Neader - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm no one in PWI, but I wanna write some words here too.

Transcend, your videos made me roll an Archer. I don't play an EA, but I'm gonna try this one day, because your vids are really an inspiration to this. The TW you recorder were and still are one of my favourites videos of Perfect World. You were and You will be my idol in PWI, Transcend, God of Archers.

I wish You to be in Real World as famous as here. You surely deserve it. I hope all your wishes and dreams will become real.

P.S. Transcend, come play some time one day. I'm sure everyone will be madly happy of it.