Someone is botting?

Options

Comments

• NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1) Dont be snitch...... why do u even care if that was bot or not, just go do ur Daily, BH and go to bed.

2) If u want to be snitch, plz have some balls and show us ur name,...

3) Repeat step 1 and 2

Are you a botter? Who would call someone who reports a botter, a snitch? Botter's, for the most part, are people who are cheating to get money because they're too lazy to do it by themselves. Why would you want people going around making a bunch of money automatically when you have to go and work for it? Whether it be by trading it via real money that you worked for or by grinding, going in TT, etc.

So unless you bot, I can't understand the logic behind your commit.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Even if he wasn't reported, GMs would probably find out later. (Assuming the player was botting.) We had a whole discussion in my faction about how GMs catch botters that aren't even reported by other players. I'd rather not discuss it since it's five a.m. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    eeek i hate those games who have random pop ups to check r u bot, i got booted from game so often cuz i mostly aoed mobs and answering would kill me XD

and why cleric would need to respond? cleric was set on follow on barb, if its same person then he prolly sent barb att and then was on cleric healing his barb and didnt got back in time to barb to take mob off from cleric. its not that easy to play 2 chars at the same time and also depends how r their pcs away from each other lol.
    and i often myself being quiet when some1 starts ks me, i just ks back and put auto reply "afk" in case they feel like pming me XD
    and if i tab+att while eating or smth then some ppl like to steal agro and lure me into mobs...i still dun feel like saying anything to them. if i would see some1 tab+att then i would go pick their drops instead of reporting as bot lol cuz i barely pick any drops when i do that lol
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1) Dont be snitch...... why do u even care if that was bot or not, just go do ur Daily, BH and go to bed.
    If you can do anything while server too busy with bots.

I really think, that developers must include "Anti ****" question at PWI, so any bot will bail out from the game, if player can't select proper answer from 4 possible.

This question must be asked every 1-2 hours, so we can play without laggs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Illusiva - Heavens Tear
    Illusiva - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I really think, that developers must include "Anti ****" question at PWI, so any bot will bail out from the game, if player can't select proper answer from 4 possible.

That will go down so well with those who leave AFK Catshops open for merchanting while at work or school. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[ 5x Venomancer | 3x Psychic | 1x Cleric | 0x Assassin | 0x Blademaster ]
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If you can do anything while server too busy with bots.

tell that again when veno tanks boss for ur squad and have to heal pet nonstop and dun have time to type in any answer without making party wipe
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Was accused myself of botting while still playing. Was a cleric at the time and people just wanted my buffs. I was normally using CS items while grinding at the time and as I didn't want to waste it ignored everything around me. Before I activated my CS items I always buffed everyone around me but if activated I ignored. People in the guild I was in understood it at the time. But outside guild? I had to drop everything just for them otherwise reported. Even had it a couple times with rezzing on the other side of the map. *rolls eyes*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    tell that again when veno tanks boss for ur squad and have to heal pet nonstop and dun have time to type in any answer without making party wipe

Question must be asked in bot - capable situations.
    That will go down so well with those who leave AFK Catshops open for merchanting while at work or school. b:chuckle

Catshop is not bot in any case.

Here possible question:
    41527306.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rerun - Harshlands
    Rerun - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Are you a botter? Who would call someone who reports a botter, a snitch? Botter's, for the most part, are people who are cheating to get money because they're too lazy to do it by themselves. Why would you want people going around making a bunch of money automatically when you have to go and work for it? Whether it be by trading it via real money that you worked for or by grinding, going in TT, etc.

So unless you bot, I can't understand the logic behind your commit.

this is just random reply.... do u really need to bot these day in PWI..? after all PvE on PWI is pretty much dead with 3BHs, daily, WQ, Hyper, Miji, and ofc Oracles...

If u have so many things to do urself getting Exp, why in the world u guys worry about what other people do...? I dont get it..., if u guys dont like being called snitch, i suggest just mind ur own business of regular daily BH or whatever... hope that clear u a bit...

oh btw, dont even know who that person or which server from in SS...it looks like from one of ur PvE server
    edited March 2010
    Options

Here possible question:
    (large image removed)

Lol, I didn't say catshop was a bot >_> you kind of missed my point... how can someone AFK in a catshop answer your anti **** question if every player that is logged in gets this pop up every 1 - 2 hours?
    this is just random reply.... do u really need to bot these day in PWI..? after all PvE on PWI is pretty much dead with 3BHs, daily, WQ, Hyper, Miji, and ofc Oracles...

If u have so many things to do urself getting Exp, why in the world u guys worry about what other people do...? I dont get it..., if u guys dont like being called snitch, i suggest just mind ur own business of regular daily BH or whatever... hope that clear u a bit...

oh btw, dont even know who that person or which server from in SS...it looks like from one of ur PvE server

Sounds to me like you think they are botting for exp and levelling. When actually, they're most likely botting for farming drops and coins since those Hypers, BH's and WQ's you mention provide more than enough exp to level fast as it is.

Additionally, if the only input you have is to be childish and call someone a snitch in the first place, how about YOU mind YOUR own business?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2010
    Options
    Lol, I didn't say catshop was a bot >_> you kind of missed my point... how can someone AFK in a catshop answer your anti **** question if every player that is logged in gets this pop up every 1 - 2 hours?
    Question must be asked in bot-capable situations.

So, if someone is:
    1) non - catshop;
    2) outside of fb/bh/TT ... TW/ .../Arena... ..../PvP fight...;
    3) autopath;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    We used to earn around 1-2 million coins every day, back when grinding was the only way to really level (2008). So as has been said, they did it for the money, and that money can quickly add up to a large amount if they leave the bot program running while they sleep, or are away at work/school.

And if they were playing on two comps, they are either incompetent or botting to have the cleric die from heal aggro in the first place, and then continue to attack while charm tanking. Maybe if Hyper didn't have an off option, where they'd only lose 1 minute, then maybe there would be some basis off of that. But the costs of charm would outweigh that lost minute, and when I had my cleric healing my sin while grinding, they would also run in and toss off an attack to speed things up, move if the mobs were getting to close, and tell people to leave me alone, busy healing my sin. It is nowhere near as difficult controlling 2 characters at once as people are making it seem; the only time it is will be when dealing with a group while running the healer and another.

So the oblivious cleric following to their death, with the assassin following there, no deviation from their set pattern even when it obviously was going wrong, alone seems like botting enough to report it. Even if it turns out they just sucked that badly at playing, the GMs will be able to determine that. And if they were botting, good way to punish them by killing their charm :)
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Question must be asked in bot-capable situations.

So, if someone is:
    1) non - catshop;
    2) outside of fb/bh/TT ... TW/ .../Arena... ..../PvP fight...;
    3) autopath;

Ah gotcha b:victory I totally didn't see the part you made bigger at first *puts on glasses* b:cool There, much better!

Still, working out all the potential bot-capable vs non-bot-capable scenarios and programming it all as such... that could be one major headache for the devs b:shocked

It seems a bit of a waste of their time to me considering that :

a) I rarely see anyone botting anyway and the one time I did, it was someone spamming chat with a gold trade website in a starter city (dunno about anyone else but I don't think PWI has that big an issue with bots unlike other MMO's I've played)
    and
    b) (a) suggests that whatever methods GMs are currently using works pretty well and well, if it works, why change it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rerun - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options

Additionally, if the only input you have is to be childish and call someone a snitch in the first place, how about YOU mind YOUR own business?

U want attention and feed back , that why post thread on forum, right? so dont mind me on replying on someone's post. I am not the one trying to be server cop , spending time checking if someone botting or not... speaking of minding my own business. ahaha
    I guess its boring in that server these day and nothing else to do... flying around looking for Possiable botters and make big deal out of it.. Next time, do us a favor and save urself time, take SS and send ticket....i think thats a lot better than Posting thread on forum with ur name cut out.
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    U want attention and feed back , that why post thread on forum, right? so dont mind me on replying on someone's post. I am not the one trying to be server cop , spending time checking if someone botting or not... speaking of minding my own business. ahaha
    I guess its boring in that server these day and nothing else to do... flying around looking for Possiable botters and make big deal out of it.. Next time, do us a favor and save urself time, take SS and send ticket....i think thats a lot better than Posting thread on forum with ur name cut out.

I guess if we see someone botting, we should just ignore it? That's just encouraging that type of behavior. Imagine a server where people bot without any fear of consequences.
    As far as calling someone a snitch for trying to report someone for botting, what are you? five?
  • Toobadimaguy - Dreamweaver
    Toobadimaguy - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Who cares ? If you stopped to watch every player out there you'd find all kinds of strange things going on but if your stopping to check on everyone than your not getting anywhere in the game. Just play and have fun and stop worrying about everyone else.
    edited March 2010
    Options

Ehehehe... I LOL'ed when I saw "server cop" b:chuckle I would hope that the OP doesn't do as you are suggesting and spends all his time flying around looking for botters. b:shocked Tbh, I doubt it. More likely he was questing or grinding in the area and getting repeatedly ksed so decided to test the kser. Ofc, I'm not the OP so I don't know for sure :P

But yes, I do agree that sending a ticket would've been the all round best option. Afterall, the GMs would just investigate and only ban depending on the outcome of the investigation as opposed to banning immediately without checking into it first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Bots used to be a big problem in PWI. When I first started playing, I couldn't do my level 9 veno culti because there were bots farming the mobs you needed. But now there are next to no bots, and the bots that are there aren't in the way of anyone else, so I don't even notice them, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options

Here possible question:
    41527306.jpg

in other game i played bot check showed up when u were fighting for some amount of time and there i had to type in numbers, if i stop use pots then i would die while answering question. bot check repeated like every 15 mins if you fight. here if im healing pet nonstop then i also might die while answering quest, sure it would be easier with this kind of bot check as i dun have to type in anything but just click right answer. and pet healing is bot - capable situation, i can stack my keyboard bottom and go watch tv or cook some food while tanking boss in squad tt and farming money. so u cant skip ppl in tt out of bot-check as its easiest way to farm money while doing nothing.
    but i guess i wouldnt mind bot check if i can get out of it anything, pots or smth.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I guess if we see someone botting, we should just ignore it? That's just encouraging that type of behavior. Imagine a server where people bot without any fear of consequences.

Try playing on my country PW server, everyone were a bot there. If i want to meet a character played by real person, most of the time they were heavy cash shopper or total newbie. The community is pretty much dead, no one to talk and the GM just ignore every bot complains. The publisher it self never updated their website or finishing official forum and many other things like media, basically the web just showing what updates coming and the current event. (And purchase "coins" or "gold" on pwi) No FaQ & something like ticket. As long as you a cash shopper you were free from rules and punishment there.

*another reason why i hate playing there, and rather playing on PWI*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Rerun - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I guess if we see someone botting, we should just ignore it? That's just encouraging that type of behavior.
    Take SS and Send ticket in, no need to Post it on Forum about it. or U can just simply PK that person...

As far as calling someone a snitch for trying to report someone for botting, what are you? five?
    what is this gotta do with anything..? ahahah ofc snitch is snitch age 5 or 90, snitch still gonna be snitch.. dont be mad caz i say the way i see it.. oh ps. ever think about rerolling in PvP server..? u can just pop the botters, u know.. no need SS or Post on forum..
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The thing is, he does pick up drops. In fact, he picks up every single drops from the mob if I didn't drop anything around him. He stopped picking up drops after he failed to pick up the coins that I dropped. Had I not dropped any coins around him, he would continue picking up any and all drops dropped by mobs.

His cleric died and never came back. He continued killing mobs without the cleric.

That looks like bot behaviour but I cant tell for sure.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    From what i see it was a bot.
    So anyway, I decided to take argo of the mob he's hitting and take him to those tower guys. He followed and took argo of the towers. The cleric healed and took agro off the towers and died.
    If that cleric was that sin friend why he not stop and asking someone to res or giving res scroll to his friend ? (oh yeah forget can't trade when dead) And it seem that cleric stay there after dead.
    It very funny for someone to not notice that his friend who healing him died, and it was not in dangerous instances.

And if they were played by same person on different computer, surely the assassin will not following the mob lured to tower. And will stop playing the sin when he noticed his support character dead, switch to the cleric pc > back to town. Mean the player there.
    If not b:shocked BOT !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well, it wouldn't be so suspicious if he had picked up all the DQs that dropped from the mob after trying to pick up the coins that I drop right in front of him several times. I'm pretty sure an intelligent person would stopped trying to pick up the coins that I dropped after 10 or so times. Also, he always attempt to pick up different piles of coins dropped by me twice before moving on to the next mob. He would completely ignore the DQ drops from mob that he killed if he fails to pickup my coins.

If he's grinding for EXP, or has the cleric with him in squad to leech XP, and both inventories are full..

Then he would just pick up coins, his primary purpose grinding for exp/spirit.

Stop worrying about what others are doing, and play your own game.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    xerowings wrote: »

ULTIMATE ANTI-BOT TOOL:
    Random events?... like maybe some genie spawns and you have to click on him to get a lamp which gives you exp, skill points, cash, and items, something like that will fix everything. Just dont O.D. on randoms like another game did to the point where instead of being random the events became typical

ehhh...that was also a game that would log you off for AFKing. i dont see how that would work here, as people AFK all the time and getting randomly punished and teleported by some sandwich lady while you went WQing isn't cool.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why would some1 bot with 73 dailies to do?
    and stop with ur random event ideas, the average age lays above 18+ here, no need to do that.
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ehhh...that was also a game that would log you off for AFKing. i dont see how that would work here, as people AFK all the time and getting randomly punished and teleported by some sandwich lady while you went WQing isn't cool.
    it should only activate while you're grinding or questing where you're killing LOTS of mobs
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    There already are anti bot tools in the game... although not as many as there should be.

What do you think the two roaming jackoleapordites are for outside west arch?
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • frogtamer
    frogtamer Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    is it better to go to live chat to report then ?, reason i ask is i could go report the sin botting in desert of echos, foxwings, sanctuary,, but how many times do you have to report on a daily basis ?
    As far as I can see nothing is done about them, its very common to report bots and they are still there, even 3 months later, lets bet I can go report the same one yet again, and it will still be there tommorow
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Only bot I've really dealt with got insta banned by a GM, several people kept WC'ing that the person was botting, a crowd formed to watch the guy and eventually a red message came up saying hayfarm66 or w/e has been banned for botting thank you all for reporting him.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
This discussion has been closed.