nuking pets for venomancers?

Options
xerowings
xerowings Posts: 19 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Venomancer
k so after browsing through 9000+1 -> (9001) guides about venomancers, i have not managed to find a single one which shows which pets have ridiculously high attack, no matter how low their defense and hp and everything else is..

help ! b:cry

i want one for me b:dirty
Post edited by xerowings on

Comments

• Oakivy - Dreamweaver
    Oakivy - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Phoenix, sawfly, skatefish, scorpion. That's pretty much it.
    http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/petstat.php
  • xerowings
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Phoenix, sawfly, skatefish, scorpion. That's pretty much it.
    http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/petstat.php

thats all? :/

hmm....
    k last question for you guys

which is better, glacial walker or a magmite
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    There's not really any "true" nuke pet for a venomancer. The best attack pet by far is the Phoenix, but since those are pricey the more common pets are the Sawfly and Scorpion, who also have relatively high attack and good attack rate.

Although the dear Sawfly might be replaced by the Skatefish - as they seem pretty similar in attack speed and attack rate. Dunno, never really sat down and checked on my veno.

-edit-

Glacial Walker.

More HP and m.def than the magmite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xerowings
    edited March 2010
    Options
    There's not really any "true" nuke pet for a venomancer. The best attack pet by far is the Phoenix, but since those are pricey the more common pets are the Sawfly and Scorpion, who also have relatively high attack and good attack rate.

Although the dear Sawfly might be replaced by the Skatefish - as they seem pretty similar in attack speed and attack rate. Dunno, never really sat down and checked on my veno.

-edit-

Glacial Walker.

thanks !

thats all i suppose

cant wait till venos can summon 5 pets at a time b:victory
  • Oakivy - Dreamweaver
    Oakivy - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah, personally I'm waiting for barbs to be able to make the opponent drop all items and log out.
  • xerowings
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah, personally I'm waiting for barbs to be able to make the opponent drop all items and log out.

>.> it is justified tho..

i mean ive hunted many a mmo, and theres only 1 where the "summoner" has up to 4 pets at a time ^^ (the only excuses i heard was it would lag their servers)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    -edit-

Glacial Walker.

I agree with this but over all the magmites dps is going to be higher considering they have bash.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You can put bash on any pet...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I know it is just shame to see a mag going ???
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    xerowings wrote: »

i mean ive hunted many a mmo, and theres only 1 where the "summoner" has up to 4 pets at a time ^^ (the only excuses i heard was it would lag their servers)

man I have trouble keeping one pet on mindset to attack how are we ment to manage 5 at onces O.o
    im not saying its a compleatly stupid idea but can you imagined being swamped by 5 glacial walkers when they come back frm the fight to follow you? and there arnt even that smart at attacking to begin with b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    xerowings wrote: »

Actually it is not the servers as I know another rpg where the master has control of 12 minions.it is just game mechanic.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Indeedy - there are games that let you hae more pets at once, but they are weaker or time limited or restricted in some other way.

AnarchyOnline, for example, has a class where you have three pets at once - but only one is an attack pet; the other two only heal and sleep respectively.
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    man I have trouble keeping one pet on mindset to attack how are we ment to manage 5 at onces O.o

Depends on how you manage it, I've played an MMO"RP"G where you had 4 summons --- it's certainly more complicated than the PW "click monster, click attack, wait and hit heal occasionally" (add the pulling procedure if needed, but it doesn't change much), but it was certainly manageable. And less boring when dealing with high-HP monsters ("nightmare" class in my case).
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Depends on how you manage it, I've played an MMO"RP"G where you had 4 summons --- it's certainly more complicated than the PW "click monster, click attack, wait and hit heal occasionally" (add the pulling procedure if needed, but it doesn't change much), but it was certainly manageable. And less boring when dealing with high-HP monsters ("nightmare" class in my case).

I do see you point hmm... I guess that could work ^^ (my brother sujested a spell that summons all you pets to attack the targeted mob for a time limit) my problem is my glacial walker doesnt seem to have allot of brains... like it takes him a while to comprehend what hes supposed to be doing :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Meh, it's not the glacial walker the problem, it's the game mechanic actually. If your pet is already coming back to you, even if you click any of it's skill, it will still reach you and only then will it go to the new target. You have to use the attack command(or alt+1) to have it go immediatly and use it's auto-skill on the new target(or be fast and click the skill just as the mob die and the pet has yet to start running to you).
  • Venomity - Heavens Tear
    Venomity - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ^^ Glacial are dumb. They don't always follow instructions right away. I've test on different pets, most listens even as they're running back to me, except the glacial. It has to run back to me first, then do what its suppose to do next. Others would just do whatever's next without having to run all the way back.
  • Potzi - Lost City
    Potzi - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    you forgot the dark wanderer...
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Here is a list: Some of the pets may be out of order

Phoenix
    Baby Hercules
    Scorpion (Pollen, Pup, Varicose)
    Dark Wonderer
    Seamonster
    Sawfly/skate
    Crystalline Magmite
    Antelope Pup
    Nine Tail Foxie
    Glacial Walker
    Bloodthirsty Adalwolf
    Kowlin
    Cuddly Pup
    Qingfu (Emerald, Jaden, Verdant)
    Frogling
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • ReduxB - Heavens Tear
    ReduxB - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Uggghhhh... Necro