Calling people cowards in pvp?

Options
wtvdie
wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Well, very often in pvp there is ganking. When its something like 6 vs 1 and the person who is the one starts running away, people call him a coward. Generally I see this as not being a dumbass. When outnumbered, its also a good choice to pick targets and change armor depending.

I play a bm, last night i was getting ganked 4 v 1, 1 barb, 2 clerics and a wizard. I equiped my light armor filled with sapphires, saged alter magic, and killed my first cleric. Stunned area, killed second cleric, ironguarded and killed the wiz, switched back to heavy and started attacking barb at which point the barb was saying i was a coward for attacking the squishies first. I was completly wtfed. Now im asking. how was that cowardly? should i have tried killing the barb with 2 clerics and a dd nuking me?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's easy to call someone a coward when you're lying dead on the ground.

Pretty much if you mess up someone's 'strategy', they'll throw whatever insult they've got in their arsenal at you to see if they can hit a sore spot. Barb probably for some reason expected you to attack him first, so one cleric could keep him healed up and the other two players could nuke you into oblivion.

You're also a coward for using stun, and in fact using any skills at all. Real PvPers just stand still and allow the other side to kill them. Now that's TRUE bravery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • wtvdie
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's easy to call someone a coward when you're lying dead on the ground.

Pretty much if you mess up someone's 'strategy', they'll throw whatever insult they've got in their arsenal at you to see if they can hit a sore spot. Barb probably for some reason expected you to attack him first, so one cleric could keep him healed up and the other two players could nuke you into oblivion.

You're also a coward for using stun, and in fact using any skills at all. Real PvPers just stand still and allow the other side to kill them. Now that's TRUE bravery.

dang. i was a coward then. i panicked when my charm ticked to the first wizzie attack and thoughtlessly killed their squad. dang.
  • FruityMelons - Heavens Tear
    FruityMelons - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wtvdie wrote: »
    dang. i was a coward then. i panicked when my charm ticked to the first wizzie attack and thoughtlessly killed their squad. dang.

I've not PVP'd but I thought charms didn't tick in that mode just as they don't tick in duels. Am I incorrect?

On topic. Apparently winning any battle makes all uses of anything a cowardly skill and you're violating all the unwritten rules. Can't pot, can't heal, can't kill clerics first.

My rule in a battle (duels at least) is that if I don't agree with you up front to a set of rules then anything I have at my disposal is fair game. Pots, genie skills, heals, whatever.

Being attacked 4 vs 1... That rule would apply too... The fact that you beat 4 and became the coward is hilarious! The cowardly act was that he brought 3 friends along...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wtvdie
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I've not PVP'd but I thought charms didn't tick in that mode just as they don't tick in duels. Am I incorrect?

On topic. Apparently winning any battle makes all uses of anything a cowardly skill and you're violating all the unwritten rules. Can't pot, can't heal, can't kill clerics first.

My rule in a battle (duels at least) is that if I don't agree with you up front to a set of rules then anything I have at my disposal is fair game. Pots, genie skills, heals, whatever.

Being attacked 4 vs 1... That rule would apply too... The fact that you beat 4 and became the coward is hilarious! The cowardly act was that he brought 3 friends along...

dueling and pvp are different. when u start a duel, your charms turn off till the end of a dual. when u are in pk mode or in a pvp instance, its free for all. everything is on. use pills and potions whatever u need. because when u lose, u lose equipment. saying something like thats cheating, your using a potion only applies to duels. and duels arent really pvp, more like testing out skill combos or setting up barrage or somthing.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I haven't seen Zoe in a while. Because of this, let me attempt to convey her opinion.

Ahem.

"You ARE a coward. Using a charm? Psh. I bet you bought that with cash shop money, you coward. Hiding behind your credit card. That barb probably wasn't even charmed, either. No wonder he called you a coward. You're just scared to get hit. A real man would take hits and kill them all anyway.

And why would you stun? Stunning is for pansies. Oh look, my opponent can't move. I'll just beat them up now. Do you also punch babies in your spare time? I bet you're scared they'll fight back, aren't you? That barb was right, you are a coward."
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I haven't seen Zoe in a while. Because of this, let me attempt to convey her opinion.
    You forgot to add that PvP is murder, and that he just murdered four people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • wtvdie
    edited March 2010
    Options

Ahem.

"You ARE a coward. Using a charm? Psh. I bet you bought that with cash shop money, you coward. Hiding behind your credit card. That barb probably wasn't even charmed, either. No wonder he called you a coward. You're just scared to get hit. A real man would take hits and kill them all anyway.

And why would you stun? Stunning is for pansies. Oh look, my opponent can't move. I'll just beat them up now. Do you also punch babies in your spare time? I bet you're scared they'll fight back, aren't you? That barb was right, you are a coward."

so mean... lol

but, i'm not a cash spender. all 4 were charmed, barb took me a while to kill, but charmed barb vs charmed bm is an obvious conclusion.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You forgot to add that PvP is murder, and that he just murdered four people.

Dammit, you're right. I should dredge up that old thread sometime and the IRL murder thread. Those were awesome.

And OP, I'm just messing with ya. Sounds like you went pro all over their faces and they didn't like it.
  • wtvdie
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Dammit, you're right. I should dredge up that old thread sometime and the IRL murder thread. Those were awesome.

And OP, I'm just messing with ya. Sounds like you went pro all over their faces and they didn't like it.

irl murder... thats a great way to win in pvp. find where they live, and gank them. 1 person in game, 1 person in real life. if he wins ingame, then im kinda surprised.... hes pro...

b:shocked
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Ahem.

When I wrote my sarcastic first post, I was thinking of Zoe as well. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Ahem.

ha ha ha , how can we forget Zoe?

Pker in Game, murderer in real life. LOL
  • Ax - Harshlands
    Ax - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LOL I know this so well, they will also call you a coward if they are 25 levels above you and you just kill their squad members and outrun them.
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lol, it's happened on my sin. A blood red Barb came out of no where, missed on me 2 times, then I went into the water. He followed me for ~10 minutes flying on his 3.2 mount, then finally gave up, flying away he whispered me saying "coward", and I replied "naw, survivor". There is just people who expect everyone else to act like mobs in this game.

xD
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yea, I had that lately on my 5x LC sin... I fought a red name archer my level and we both kept ticking each other. Then a 70+ barb (cala axes...) dropped on us and attempted to kill us both. I used maze steps when I saw him and ran for it. He followed me on his flying mount, hitting me while only doing half damage. The archer kept shooting me as well. I somehow made it to safezone, after like 2 minutes running, and then the barb was like "coward, stop running, noob". So yeah... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    how was that cowardly?

They are hyprcrites. After all, you were being attacked by FOUR people. They are the true cowards for not being brave enough to have it 1 vs 1 only.
  • wtvdie
    edited March 2010
    Options
    truth is, depending on person, sometimes i'd prefer a 2 v 1 also. last night, i was doing a 2 v 12 in dt, which is kinda fun since no items lost there, cleric hiding on the surface, spamming ih on me lol. at least 3 ppl there lvl 100+. im 9x and person has heavy refined, but no items lost, so i dont mind there if i get ganked, or i gank. dt pk is for fun, unless its for chests.. then that means war.
  • Revoltech - Lost City
    Revoltech - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well, very often in pvp there is ganking. When its something like 6 vs 1 and the person who is the one starts running away, people call him a coward. Generally I see this as not being a dumbass. When outnumbered, its also a good choice to pick targets and change armor depending.

I play a bm, last night i was getting ganked 4 v 1, 1 barb, 2 clerics and a wizard. I equiped my light armor filled with sapphires, saged alter magic, and killed my first cleric. Stunned area, killed second cleric, ironguarded and killed the wiz, switched back to heavy and started attacking barb at which point the barb was saying i was a coward for attacking the squishies first. I was completly wtfed. Now im asking. how was that cowardly? should i have tried killing the barb with 2 clerics and a dd nuking me?

You're pro. That is all.
  • bill11
    bill11 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    IM A LVL 100 and have pvpd alot and in my expereance if u ant got a charm u gona die first... in a server full of +12 luner weps u need every thing u can get to servive. Haveing a charm is not cowerdly its a must!!!! And iv kills ppl in groups at a time and ben calld a cowerd for it b 4 also. OHH and if u r a bm and stun ppl thats whats your class is bilt for .....U dont give a cleric and **** for healing do u ?!?!?!?