"rebuff squad naoooooooo!" a note for non-clerics xD

Favu - Heavens Tear
Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Heeeey this is a just a heads-up for all of you who aren't sexy clerics. >_>

We clerics have already discussed this bug a lot.
(Psst, devs, fix it.. .___.)

Our hour-long magic defense buff (the yellow circle) is glitched and doesn't overlap. That means if you already have it and we give you hour buffs, you won't get another whole hour of magic defense.. just whatever you already have. This means that in random intervals during instances, we usually throw out a squad buff to keep people from losing it, and for some reason this usually causes mass chaos and everyone has to run over and regroup and the barb buffs even though he doesn't need to and wastes a bunch of MP.. etc. xD
b:chuckle

This isn't very important, but I thought maybe other classes didn't know that that's what we're doing. ._. xD It doesn't mean I'm ready to waste 60% of my mp giving the whole squad new hour buffs. I'm.. I'm too lazy for that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
Post edited by Favu - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Cryin - Heavens Tear
    Cryin - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Heeeey this is a just a heads-up for all of you who aren't sexy clerics. >_>

We clerics have already discussed this bug a lot.
    (Psst, devs, fix it.. .___.)

Our hour-long magic defense buff (the yellow circle) is glitched and doesn't overlap. That means if you already have it and we give you hour buffs, you won't get another whole hour of magic defense.. just whatever you already have. This means that in random intervals during instances, we usually throw out a squad buff to keep people from losing it, and for some reason this usually causes mass chaos and everyone has to run over and regroup and the barb buffs even though he doesn't need to and wastes a bunch of MP.. etc. xD
    b:chuckle

This isn't very important, but I thought maybe other classes didn't know that that's what we're doing. ._. xD It doesn't mean I'm ready to waste 60% of my mp giving the whole squad new hour buffs. I'm.. I'm too lazy for that.

NO .... WAY ... REALLY ??

How could i be so blind? I never noticed =O

/ironic

P.S: INB4CHAOS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Only love breaks a heart." b:thanks
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I just generally let it be until I need to rebuff the other buffs as well. Unless, of course, someone QQ's about it, which doesn't happen often. : /
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I just generally let it be until I need to rebuff the other buffs as well. Unless, of course, someone QQ's about it, which doesn't happen often. : /

It can make a pretty big difference depending on squad/instance. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Lol yeah they randomly disappear at a boss and u see the barbs hp go b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I get really mad when the squad's like "rebuff time" and gathers around 15 minutes after we buffed to rebuff. Those buffs take a lot of MP, and they last one hour. Go kill that boss. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This doesn't just happen with the one hour buffs. It happens with the 30min buff as well. It's a pain really. You'd think such an obvious bug, and one that should be a quick and easy fix, would be gotten rid of right away, wouldn't you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Here's what I do on my cleric:

1. Wait till all members are present, if possible, before casting anything.
    2. Cast hour buffs when most/all members are present.
    3. If there are any stragglers, give them the half-hour buffs when they arrive.
    4. Ignore calls for "rebuff nao." Generally speaking, the squad rebuffs when the hour buffs run out anyway.

It's not a huge deal if someone gets affected by the glitch, but I try to minimize it anyway. :P If all else fails, if a person is scared of losing their magic shell, they can always relog to clear their buffs (or duel a veno).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I have a cleric, and I understand your problem.

However, I have a Barb, and *my* buffs only last a half-hour, and one of em only lasts 10 minutes. When I ask for a rebuff, I don't command the cleric to do so, I'm just trying to refresh *mine* to everyone (doesn't everyone want a fresh Barb HP buff?).

If you dont refresh yours, I don't take offense. You know more about them than I do.

RedMenace

\also runs in standup thru instances with the cleric, cause they save my ***
    \\spend more of my time worrying about the cleric (refer to above) than DD's (sorry DD's)
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Chovan - Harshlands
    Chovan - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Wait you don't expect them to actually fix bugs do you? b:chuckle
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i have a friend who is a demon blademaster. he calls for rebuffs every 15 seconds.... we move very very slowly. lol

also. another reason why sage bell is better.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I totally disagree.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I remember during some BH, there was a guy who requested a buff while I was nearing the squad - wasn't right at them, wasn't even in radar range, and he just went "buff me!!". Of course his HP/MP were full, and meditated through the mobs the other guys squad members were killing -_-;;.

I hate when people tell me to rebuff them. If I dualbox, I'll half-hour buff my BM because he's able to take more damage, else I'll buff whoever's tanking, until we're like 4-5 people in the instance. I'll then hour-buff, and don't expect me to hour-buff again until they might expire mid-fight.

Clerics can check time too, y'know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This doesn't just happen with the one hour buffs. It happens with the 30min buff as well. It's a pain really. You'd think such an obvious bug, and one that should be a quick and easy fix, would be gotten rid of right away, wouldn't you?

ROFL...you think having to rebuff every 30 min is a pain? Take a look at an archer's blazing arrow buff - lasts only 10 min and can't renew the buff until the time passes too. Don't have a problem with it, at least not until in Delta when your squad hurry you to kill the mobs asap at full strength and the buff wears off - and its stupid to cancel barrage and waste 2 sparks just to renew the buff for another 10 min 50-70% weapon damage. And our speed buff also last 10 min AND gets debuffed by holy path. I laugh every time a cleric uses holy path to get ahead of me and debuff the speed buff I gave, then I run a head of the cleric :P There was this cleric one time who kept asking me to rebuff her speed again every time her holy path was in cool down - how annoying is that?
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2010

ROFL...you think having to rebuff every 30 min is a pain? Take a look at an archer's blazing arrow buff - lasts only 10 min and can't renew the buff until the time passes too. Don't have a problem with it, at least not until in Delta when your squad hurry you to kill the mobs asap at full strength and the buff wears off - and its stupid to cancel barrage and waste 2 sparks just to add 50-70% weapon damage. And our speed buff also last 10 min AND gets debuffed by other speed buffs like holy path. I laugh every time a cleric uses holy path to get ahead of me and debuff the speed buff I gave, then I run a head of the cleric without holy path :P

QQ I has 10 minutes buffs, u got 30. The topic isn't about archer selfbuffs and why they "only" last 10 minutes. Rebuffin that 1 buff every 10 minutes on yourself isn't even worth mentioning the "effort" - unlike a cleric who has more ppl to look after than himself and if 2 of 6 were debuffed due to w/e boss and u gotta rebuff, the others haven't got 60 minutes buffs from this point on. So it's messed up...obviously.
    U can see when ur skill reaches the 10 minutes, Clerics don't have a "Hey look, u gotta rebuff in xx minutes and xx seconds" - option implemented, do they? o:
    Sucks for some bosses, since they don't take a break and tell the cleric to rebuff when buffs run out. But maybe they should offer them a ice cold coke so they are willing to stop for a few seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree that its an annoying glitch. Its sucks when someone comes later and the buffs are out of sync because magic shell simply wont be replaced. But its been here for over a year... if they were going to fix it they would have. I guess they don't deem it important enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    doesnt archer 10 min buff work only on normal arrows? then whats the point to cancel barrage to buff up if it dun help for barrage?
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    doesnt archer 10 min buff work only on normal arrows? then whats the point to cancel barrage to buff up if it dun help for barrage?

I've always wondered that myself, actually... though not so much in reference to Barrage.

Though, for the record, Blazing Arrow is glitched in the exact same manner. Say, for instance, I re-cast my evasion/speed buff on a new person joining the party. Then I cast my Blazing Arrow in order for it to be in sync with the speed. Doesn't work - the self-buff runs out regardless of if I recast it or not.

Not nearly as annoying as the magic shell glitch, but... yeah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well, if the tank loses the mag def buff (which happens more often than I like), I'll throw up the single 30 min buff, just to make sure he's fully buffed as possible. But that kind of sucks, as then it's timing is off the other buffs, and makes it irritating, as you're then buffing people several times. xD
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    wtvdie wrote: »
    i have a friend who is a demon blademaster. he calls for rebuffs every 15 seconds.... we move very very slowly. lol

also. another reason why sage bell is better.
    You mean magic shell it doesn't really matter when you take this is into consideration.

I just give anyone the 30 min buff if any runs out and it save me mana.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I remember once I was tanking wurlord in 2-3, Were on the third clone, just started. All of a sudden our archer goes "Barb buffs" I keep tanking. "Barb phy atk buff", I keep tanking. "Barb you really need to rebuff with physical attack buff".

Apparently this archer lost strength of the titans during the boss fight and decided that while I'm tanking wurlord is a great time to rebuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • AngelaMarie - Heavens Tear
    AngelaMarie - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I had that several times on my barb. It's like they don't realize that we can't cast that while we're in tiger form...or they just think we should stop flesh reaming just to buff them. Not really sure which one, but I couldn't stand that.

I had a squad actually boot a person that wouldn't shut up about hp buffs at a TT boss. He went off on me because I refused to stop tanking and rebuff him. It was the 007 boss if I recall correctly... Wouldn't that have been pretty...
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    honestly if i lose buffs because they ran out or if i died and got rezed i perfer if the cleric just kept healing the tank ill just step outta range rebuff my self pop a couple pots and start fighting again if i take a bit to much dmg cuz im not buffed i just run outta range heal and then go back in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pepper - Lost City
    Pepper - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I get really mad when the squad's like "rebuff time" and gathers around 15 minutes after we buffed to rebuff. Those buffs take a lot of MP, and they last one hour. Go kill that boss. b:surrender

lvl 11 skill last one hour and i dont need to wait on ppl so im happy b:shutup
    for some reason noone can fix this bug on any server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Metal raging Perfect Worlds since 2007
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    honestly if i lose buffs because they ran out or if i died and got rezed i perfer if the cleric just kept healing the tank ill just step outta range rebuff my self pop a couple pots and start fighting again if i take a bit to much dmg cuz im not buffed i just run outta range heal and then go back in

Thank you for making your clerics' lives easier. b:thanks

Yes, that's exactly what we like to see after rezing during a fight. I've seen a lot of people who weren't nearly so self-sufficient, and dived right back in with no buffs and 10% hp, expecting clerics to heal them when we're fumbling to restack our IHs on the tank after 10 secs away for rezing. Such behavoir rarely ends well. Thank you for having realistic expectations of what clerics can do.

Of course, if I have time between healing the tank and other duties, I'd always toss a couple 30-min buffs your way. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Bebisito - Dreamweaver
    Bebisito - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I don't mind buffing often myself.. cause mine take like 5 seconds to do. I'd rather be safe than sorry and not run out during a boss or something. :o
    That said, I've never told a cleric to rebuff, unless the phys def buff has run out and I'm in FC. Then I whisper them and ask for that one buff, politely.

I ride with good clerics, though. b:cool
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol i was like doing bh69 once and had like a rly bad bug 1hr buffs went away every few secs-mins , can you imagen squad made me do 1hr buff every 10mins was a damn bh, while were doing pol they like oh no buffs gone again rebuff ^^"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Unfortunately we don't have this problem. Our buff is totally useless.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Unfortunately we don't have this problem. Our buff is totally useless.b:angry

I love shiny-hand buff!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I love shiny-hand buff!

Yep it's nice but that's all. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Yep it's nice but that's all. b:angry

It's so aesthetically pleasing~ b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]