Is it worth being cleric?

Comments

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    maybe he pay hlvls to do it for him?

i wudnt take less than 500k for my services b:cool
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • thunde88
    thunde88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    MP = coins

I use focuspowders and potions but nothing help. I have much gear with +3 mp rate and charm. Still my charm tick and tick each time i do a bh, And if i dont use it, i use much much mp potions.

I guess all my bh have been with oracle noobsb:surrender
    Have not found a barb that can tank since lvl 40 :/

Sometimes i need to tank boss too, and then it takes more mp.

so about 100k+ for lvl 50. And the other guy i meet have a cleric lvl 80 and it cost him 700k + each run. Idk if it was tt runs or something else.

Isnt that normal?

I have max, plumeshot and cyclone + all buffs, not the mp/hp regen buff. and have spirit gift lvl 9. Still it cost to much to lvl my cleric anymore.

And for DQ i only get about 30k if i grind 1 hour. or sometimes 60k but then i still lose 40kb:cry
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    buy more mp charms and go figure
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • thunde88
    edited March 2010
    buy more mp charms and go figure

lol, so i shall pay 300k each bh run? or 150k it be bc it take half my charm to do one bh run.

So have it be this far anyway.
  • thunde88
    edited March 2010
    Are you sure you play PWI? 100k at level 50 for a BH? 700k+ at 80+ ?

Yes i play pwi and the other guy too.

So what do i wrong? It cost like that every time. And he say he pay about 700k+ each time he do tt and other dungeons, but that it still was fun on high lvl. But i cant see whats fun when you need to get so much coins :(
  • EndlessDark - Harshlands
    EndlessDark - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Personally i love being a cleric. Though some classes are supposed as being stronger than clerics; every class is evened out so that none is the strongest. Actually to tell you the truth i dont think i have ever been killed by someone my level with a different class b:thanks ...Though that might be a reflection of my cashshoping ways (im sorry...but my mentality is weak). Healing others makes me feel so much better because i know that because of me, someone else can rest without fear of death. I don see how it costs you so much per bh. at bh 51 it takes me about 10k to be ready for mp (i dont like charms). Without clerics it would be impossible to do dungeons.

I like bacon.
  • Candie - Raging Tide
    Candie - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    How to save mana : stay in safe mode , means don't attack , just heal , you'll have normal mp-regen . Use double-spark . It restores 10 % of your mana , and also for a short time enhances strength of your heals . And be pure-mag .
  • YuYuu - Dreamweaver
    YuYuu - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    100k per BH? are you seriously? i kinda spend less than 10k...
    The only thing that really drain my mp is killing things and wyvern .-.

u know, u must be doing something wrong =~
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    My jaw dropped at reading 100k coin cost per bh. O_O

BHs in my 40s-70s were almost free for me coin-wise, and on bh69 mana costs now are minimal. With a decent squad, I seldom need to pot due to having a nice pool of mana at my disposal and using tricks to minimize mana costs. Exp wise is a different story... I do sometimes die on bhs with no one to res me.

To minimize mana costs, I basically stay out of combat mode if I can't afford to DD mana-wise, use double spark and only heal the tank as needed. There's a difference between the amount of mana a tank needs to live and the amount of mana needed to keep his hp at 100% all the time. If the squads you're in are really that bad and the tank is really that... squishy... just leave and find another. Clerics are always welcome in bh squads as far as I've seen. (Especially if you know how to play your class.)
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • thunde88
    edited March 2010
    Yes, for me it cost so much i dunno why :/,

But each time i do bh39 my squad aggro mobs so if im not spam ih and revive we die :/

And i need to tank sometimes too.

If im not spam ih we all die and i lose xp.

So idk what i do wrong. The other guy use 700k each bh at lvl 80 so he must do same misstake as i then :/

sorry for my english btw.
  • thunde88
    edited March 2010
    How to save mana : stay in safe mode , means don't attack , just heal , you'll have normal mp-regen . Use double-spark . It restores 10 % of your mana , and also for a short time enhances strength of your heals . And be pure-mag .

k, then i know what i do wrong, i attack :/

But it takes forever to do a bh if im not attack.

Its only when i squad with people at my lvl i use so much mana (coins). When i squad with high lvl its work good. And i dont use so much mp.
  • XValkyrjax - Heavens Tear
    XValkyrjax - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    thunde88 wrote: »
    k, then i know what i do wrong, i attack :/

But it takes forever to do a bh if im not attack.

Its only when i squad with people at my lvl i use so much mana (coins). When i squad with high lvl its work good. And i dont use so much mp.

Unless you're always squading with people who don't know what they're doing (fail luring / aggroing) FB39 shouldn't take all that long. Of course it will take longer if you're not attacking but that's what DDs are for and you can save some $$ by staying out of battle mode b:victory On average I reckon about an hour if you have a good squad around your level. I suppose BHs do require a fair bit of time to accomplish but the exp and spirit are well worth it.
  • /
gellus - Heavens Tear8
    / gellus - Heavens Tear8 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Why, PWI is the first MMO i play, i won't be starting everything again, besides all MMORPG's are same

^^^ WRONG

Reply to topic: >.>
    I find playing a cleric fun. The debate whether clerics are needed or not, can be replaced, etc is always gonna go on. True, there are plenty of things you can buy that can replace a cleric's skills for you. Why buy all that though when you can get it for free from a cleric? Cleric is expensive to play, with mp charms or mp pots to keep healing, but if we didn't like playing a support class, why would we put in the effort to have said expensive things to keep you all alive?

Besides. Tempest is sexy.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    When I saw my first Tempest I...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4&feature=related b:laugh
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    [QUOTE=/
    gellus - Heavens Tear;7421462]^^^ WRONG

Reply to topic: >.>
    I find playing a cleric fun. The debate whether clerics are needed or not, can be replaced, etc is always gonna go on. True, there are plenty of things you can buy that can replace a cleric's skills for you. Why buy all that though when you can get it for free from a cleric? Cleric is expensive to play, with mp charms or mp pots to keep healing, but if we didn't like playing a support class, why would we put in the effort to have said expensive things to keep you all alive?

Besides. Tempest is sexy.[/QUOTE]

You also have the option when you reach 89 and have done your cultivation to go into heaven and hell, the herbs you can pick there also sell for a nice price, a few hours picking herbs there can give you a nice 400-700K if there is nobody else picking them.

You have enough ways on higher levels to make money more easily, if people actually look for those paying and maintaining a full support cleric shouldn't be an issue if we're talking about the costs. And ten there's also the money you get from being in a TW faction that plays successful TW's (this doesn't go for everyone sadly)

TLDR; There are enough ways to make a good amount of money to pay for your repair bill/charms.
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar
  • Healdou - Harshlands
    Healdou - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Clerics are full of fun and its worth it.
    You will be so much better on lvl 90+.
    My friend is lvl 93 cleric and pepole that are much stronger are losing to him in a PK fight.
    Besides, everybody wants you in their squad.
    And the most important thing i think that is special about clerics, is the fact that in a squad you have
    some kind of resposibilty for caring about other players.
    Like pots said, everyone can attack again and again and again, but you the one that will help that happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /
gellus - Heavens Tear10
    / gellus - Heavens Tear10 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You also have the option when you reach 89 and have done your cultivation to go into heaven and hell, the herbs you can pick there also sell for a nice price, a few hours picking herbs there can give you a nice 400-700K if there is nobody else picking them.

You have enough ways on higher levels to make money more easily, if people actually look for those paying and maintaining a full support cleric shouldn't be an issue if we're talking about the costs. And ten there's also the money you get from being in a TW faction that plays successful TW's (this doesn't go for everyone sadly)

TLDR; There are enough ways to make a good amount of money to pay for your repair bill/charms.

Very true but not everyone can get into heaven/hell yet.

And lol @ Zanryu :3
  • EGiFZ - Heavens Tear
    EGiFZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I was one of the best clerics on Heavens Tear bak in my days! I solo a lot and help a lot just dont take advantage of my generosity.
    b:quiet

Now I have moved to Archosaur Server and yes you can solo all the way to past lvl 90 and have fun helping others along the way..
    b:victory

Yes its very expensive to have and maintain a cleric but that comes with the territory if you enjoy helping a lot of other players in any mmorpg setting..
    b:shy

Anyway we all need each other when it comes down to it and its pointless to say who is the better one out of any type of character regardless of race..

Having fun and enjoying your game play is what counts really, not that bullie **** and im better than you and such!
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Neve_ - Heavens Tear
    _Neve_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    YES it is woth beeing Cleric - at least for me^^

It is awesome Class, easy soloable and very needed an always welcomed in Squads
    Clerics do a great ammount of Damage *loves beeing a Demon b:dirty*
    Clerics can tank alot of things (im still amazed myself sometimes tbh lol)
    And of course we can perfectly keep others and ourselves alive + we have great buffs
    and for PK and Duels we have some nice Debuffs + some good Protection Skills (Wings of Protection / Plume Shell)

and LOL i never spent 700k on a TT not even when just my Hubby (Barb) and me Solo them in Squad mode
  • DoomKaiser - Harshlands
    DoomKaiser - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I agree with the last 3 replies.
    If u wanna PK, have to learn how to... if u wanna hit things go another race... if u like to help ppl definitely cleric is ur race.

Oh my god clerics are too one of the best attack groups in the game if u dont **** your build up.
    Your doubt is our powerb:thanks
  • EMSFireFight - Harshlands
    EMSFireFight - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Alls I can say is lol fail build to getting 1 shotted or even 2 shotted by any other class. Personal opinion here but if ur a cleric, 9mag 1 str probably not a good idea...
  • Iriving - Sanctuary
    Iriving - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Alls I can say is lol fail build to getting 1 shotted or even 2 shotted by any other class. Personal opinion here but if ur a cleric, 9mag 1 str probably not a good idea...

hello evryone. I read this entire thread. it has raised some questions for me.

I'm a very generous person when it comes to other. its really hard for me to say no. If your like me you'll love this class. Money doesn't matter when you hit the ceter of what it takes to be a cleric, you have to have compasion.

a couple days ago when I was lvl 14 for 3 hours straight I was soloing quests for full squads of people. to be honest I never thought a cleric was worth much, but now playing as them I see we are very needed. with out us, you wouldn't be able to say THANKS for the buff bro. or thanks for the revive. more exp would be lost, lives would be shorten due to the constant aggrivation of dying and eventual PWI would hit the ground hard.

Okay question 1
    what is a good build for a heavy duty solo/heal cleric?

I put in +1 vit +1 str +3 mag after lvl 5 at lvl 1-5 it was +1 str +4 mag.

question 2
    What makes a good cleric?

with me, I think its all about keeping you buds and teams alive. But what makes you indespensable as a cleric?

Question 3
    I'v notice that with my build a barb/BM/Archer/Wiz/Sin/ and pysch get crushed by my skills. of course they are my level or higher. and my skills aren't at there peak yet for my level. So what skills do you absolutly need and maxed?

thats all.

If you want to know the purpose of a cleric. try having 3 lvl 29-34 sins ans 1 lvl 84 REAL barb tanker, and try to kill qingzi.
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Okay question 1
    what is a good build for a heavy duty solo/heal cleric?

This was also my build 'till lvl 76.. Then i noticed that i had enough strength to wield a lvl 99+ weapon b:chuckle So now it's 1 vit, 4 mag for me =)
    question 2
    What makes a good cleric?

with me, I think its all about keeping you buds and teams alive. But what makes you indespensable as a cleric?
    For me, it's being able to keep your squad alive, to be able to kill some mobs yourself, but also that you can help other people when they need it (for example, someone is going to die and you can heal him so he'll survive.)
    Question 3
    I'v notice that with my build a barb/BM/Archer/Wiz/Sin/ and pysch get crushed by my skills. of course they are my level or higher. and my skills aren't at there peak yet for my level. So what skills do you absolutly need and maxed?

Plume shot, cyclone, IH, the buffs (although the mp/hp regen buff is questionable), seals (not sure of this..)

This is what you'll be using the most ingame.
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • EMSFireFight - Harshlands
    EMSFireFight - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010

QUOTE]

Thats way too much str u only need str every 2 levels, 1 str for every 2 lvls to where arcane armor, anything after that is a waste.(since we dont melee) I would suggest something with adding atleast 1 vit every 2 lvls.
  • PinkSuccubuS - Lost City
    PinkSuccubuS - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ummm hp helmet will if refined give wayy more hp for survival and some good needed pdef bonuses.

i am myself proud 2 say i am one of the few with a hp helmet with 600 pdef b:chuckle
    and 400 hp b:shutup in it
  • Salpix - Harshlands
    Salpix - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm a cleric. I like it. One thing I don't like is people that underestimate clerics. Squishy, not exactly the word i'd give a cleric. Since clerics have ironheart to their disposal, this is a good tool for all clerics to have. Me, i'm an AA, and i'll admit, taking damage from a BM, sin, and barb can be pretty harsh. But depending on your mastery of the classes skills, you can use your skills to your advantage to give you that sharp edge in pvp. b:kiss
  • ManOnTheEdge - Sanctuary
    ManOnTheEdge - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The best way to go for a cleric is STR for equip and ALL mag.
    HP can be made up for with your gear (My gear gives me over 2k HP)
    I've taken down 90+ archers and BMs and a 100+ barb.
    Clerics are more awesome than they seem, you just have to know how to play one :)
  • Iriving - Sanctuary
    Iriving - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This was also my build 'till lvl 76.. Then i noticed that i had enough strength to wield a lvl 99+ weapon b:chuckle So now it's 1 vit, 4 mag for me =)

For me, it's being able to keep your squad alive, to be able to kill some mobs yourself, but also that you can help other people when they need it (for example, someone is going to die and you can heal him so he'll survive.)

Plume shot, cyclone, IH, the buffs (although the mp/hp regen buff is questionable), seals (not sure of this..)

This is what you'll be using the most ingame.

QUOTE]

Thats way too much str u only need str every 2 levels, 1 str for every 2 lvls to where arcane armor, anything after that is a waste.(since we dont melee) I would suggest something with adding atleast 1 vit every 2 lvls.

Okay thanks for the help! I started a new cleric she is lvl 18 and already has waaaaaayyy more than the needed Mag, ^.^ I've only died 3 times with her, and that was the lack of paying attention.

But heres a tip for all lvl 1-11 clerics. Get the very first set of heavy armor until you start getting your necro arcane armor. You ned 5str and 5 def for the heavy armor but you start with 5 vit, 5 str, 5 def, and 5 mag at the beging. The first heavy boots have +27 P.Res and the necro boots only have +16 P.Res so its up to for that one. ^^
  • Magyk_El - Raging Tide
    Magyk_El - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    if u are high enogh lvl u will get sleep then only do pk
    why would u say that b:angry
  • Shadrika - Sanctuary
    Shadrika - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I've played my cleric for nearly a year now. It's been slow leveling because I've come and gone from the playing PWI, ignored builds, tips, and hints from here on the forums and kinda built my cleric wrong(But hey, no big deal. At least I've survived for the most part.), and I try to solo a lot(Which isn't so bad until I try a boss that's outta my league or go AFK in the wrong place).

I've made friends, enemies, pwned some people, gotten pwned, earned a lot of money, found myself dirt poor, felt ticked to hell and back over dying or some rude person that didn't thank me for helping them out when they needed it, cried tears of happiness when I've been praised for doing a good or half decent job in the squad, and cursed and praised the class called Cleric for everything that's happened.

But then, all of that holds true for every class I think. Everyone goes through it, wishes this were better, that had happened, begs for this, dreams that moment occurs again, etc, etc. I made my cleric because I thought I'd be smart, have the class that heal, so I could go solo and everything. But I've enjoyed helping others when they're not being stupid or noobs and getting us all killed, and they actually remember in the end that I did help, not just stand at the back of the squad looking pretty.

It's a tough class to play because it mainly is based around helping and "serving" others in PWI. That's our main role. At times, I've cursed and hated being a cleric and hated other players for this or that, and then I'll log out, say that I'm quitting my cleric and moving to another class and go play it for a while, but then I come right back to Shadrika. If it's really in you to be kind and helpful to others, no matter how annoying other people can be at times (No offense peeps. b:thanks ), then, I assume like me, you'll find yourself coming back to your cleric everytime. Forget the money, the EXP, Spirit, levels, thrill of battle, whatever. For me, that moment when the squad (Which is typically all 80-90+ for me) finishes the final battle and turns to me and says, "Good job Shad." That's what means the most to me. Because then I know I played my part. ^^