needing skill help =<

Options
febrerox
febrerox Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Cleric
i can't decide what skills to get/level up >.<

okay so i havent gotten any of my seals yet, aoe pt heal and SoR are still at lv1. Which skill should I prioritize? I'm thinking of lvling (or even maxing) the pt heal first, then get my seals (till about ~5-ish maybe?) and then work on SoR. But when I think about it again, i don't have much use for seals except for bosses.. But that isn't really necessary either.. It makes things go faster but not needed.. So maybe I'm better off working on SoR first..

halp! D:

Also, I cant decide whether to get guardian light or wings of protection... Here's what I've come up with:

cooldown: GL < WoP

damage absorption: GL > WoP

cost (chi): GL < WoP

duration: GL < WoP

and it says on ecatomb that WoP "absorbs incoming damage that equals to 20% of target's maximum HP. The shield disappears after 30 seconds, or the damage it absorbs reach its capacity."

20% of someone's max hp (esp squishies) is not a lot.. like for example a wizzie w 2.9k + hp, 20% is only ~500+, when i think about it, 500+ is the damage an elite mob hits you with ONCE. So technically speaking, it's not really much use.. On a barb/BM however, yes 20% does equate to a lot.. So that's a different matter altogether >.> See my confusion? =<

GL however; "Receive 60% less damage. Movement speed increased by 30%. Lasts 10 seconds." This I think is really good, but the duration and cooldown is putting me off >.>

Yes I know I can get both of the skills, but I have major cash shortage atm so I need help to choose wisely :|

Advice and tips would so very be appreciated x.x
Post edited by febrerox on

Comments

• Henchman - Dreamweaver
    Henchman - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Both of the 79 skill have there uses. I myself Got WOP first because it can be cast on my party members and has no casting time whatsoever, I can use it with other skills to get the barbs low hp up without him dying and stuff.

As for the others, I would priority level my healing skills first, Seals are important, especialy when you gamma. That first boss goes down quick with a nice dimensional seal on it.Chromatic seal helps alot in pve as well as pvp. It will save your **** if you need to take a second to heal up and buff. They also help alot in pvp. IH is your most used healing spell. Max that out fast. Revive is really a good skill for others. I leveled mine to ten ASAP. Your two primary attack spells too are tops. Now as far as your party heal and your SoR...

SoR is a fantastic skill, Its like taking blessing of the purehearted and IH blessing and putting it into one skill....Unfortunatly its pretty slow on the casting time and unless you time it right it can cause untimely death. I myself use it so i can DD while i heal, Lets me catch up the barbs hp.. The party heal makes itself useful later on. Mostly... AoE bosses, Some of them hit often and hard and if you try to heal everyone one at a time someone is going to die. However you can keep it pretty low (Around level 5) And it still does its job nicely providing everyone isn't spread out.

All and all it depends on what you want to do. But i hope i pointed you in the right direction at least. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maykera - Sanctuary
    Maykera - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    <<< level 1 SoR and I seem to have done quite fine b:cute

and I'd definitely work on your group heals first. Clerics are to keep everyone alive b:pleased
  • febrerox
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Both of the 79 skill have there uses. I myself Got WOP first because it can be cast on my party members and has no casting time whatsoever, I can use it with other skills to get the barbs low hp up without him dying and stuff.

wait, so GL can't be used on party members? Oo so it's just like plume shell plus it makes you faster and doesn't eat your mana?

well i have yet to do any form of rebirth (scared to do it actually ^^") and i've maxed IH, wellspring and revive. Have all single buffs maxed plus all the sq buffs. My plume shot and cyclone is maxed, wield thunder at 5, feathers maxed, sirens kiss and tempest is at 1. Plume shell and puri is maxed as well.

And yes, well I think i'll work on the pt heal, get it to 5 at least.. then work on my seals and SoR (not in that order)

ty for the advice :)
  • Henchman - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options

and I'd definitely work on your group heals first. Clerics are to keep everyone alive b:pleased

Realy? level one? thats insane D:

I hit 89 and i had already maxed out all my skills D: i have no idea how you can do it, I see them there not leveled and im like. I HAVE TO DO THIS NAO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • febrerox
    edited March 2010
    Options

whee so I think it's relatively acceptable to keep my SoR at 1 for now ^___^
    Realy? level one? thats insane D:

I hit 89 and i had already maxed out all my skills D: i have no idea how you can do it, I see them there not leveled and im like. I HAVE TO DO THIS NAO

i know the feeling >.< but -points @ 10k coins in inv- i however have 5.2m sp Oo sometimes i think i'm doing something wrong really =/
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I agree with the post above that SoR aren't needed most of the time.

1. Another way to use WoP in PVP:

See the animation of Blade Tempest that will one hit ko you? Cast WoP and it deals minimal damage.

2. Guardian Light is good to bridge the cooldown between plume shells.

3.Both of these are luxury skills than essentials for a cleric. Make sure you get your other real essential skills like aoe party skills to a decent level. This depends on what you do.

FC : Purify, aoe heal , ih, revive, BB, SoR
    TT : WoP, ih, BB, seals, SoR, revive, (Guardian Light for rushing....)
    RB : No idea...but I heard clerics sits in BB all the time.....
    Regular questing, grinding : IH, attack skills
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Henchman - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    febrerox wrote: »

i know the feeling >.< but -points @ 10k coins in inv- i however have 5.2m sp Oo sometimes i think i'm doing something wrong really =/

Nah, not doing anything wrong. Clerics are a huge money sink, I just have ways of getting coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not enough coins? More reasons not to go for the lvl 79 skills. They cost 1 mil at least (the medium inks) and if you buy the apoc pages, thats about another mil (with tokens).

With 2 mil, you can level most of your skills to a decent level.

Edit : ^missing the level there
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Henchman - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Tempest is a beast of a skill. >> 1.2 mill coin i think for its last level
    Its a gross thing.

But yeah, I would have to agree with Lylfo, Id worry about your other skill first, get the book skills later. And don't forget to save up for your demon and sage skills. 1mill spirit and coin each.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • febrerox
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Tempest is a beast of a skill. >> 1.2 mill coin i think for its last level
    Its a gross thing.

But yeah, I would have to agree with Lylfo, Id worry about your other skill first, get the book skills later. And don't forget to save up for your demon and sage skills. 1mill spirit and coin each.

yea the sage/demon skills... =/

they cost 1m coin and sp and thats excluding the cost of the books themselves >.<

anyway, ty for the advice guys, much appreciated :)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This Tempest Sage version
    lvl 99 Spirit: 2.000.000 (5.013.000) Coin: 2.000.000 (6.060.000)

Skill
    ●Tempest
    Range 28.0meters
    Mana 655
    Channel 4.0 seconds
    Cast 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Master of Harmony
    Focus all of your energy to cast down countless thunder bolts at the target and
    enemies within a 12.0 meter radius around it, inflicting Metal damage
    equal to your base magic damage plus 400% of weapon damage plus 13503.0.
    Has a 95% chance to cause a 8.0 second reduction in speed of 60%.

Requires two Sparks

Sage version has a 50% chance to cast with only one Spark consumed.

This is Demon
    Cleric: lvl 99 Spirit: 2.000.000 (5.013.000) Coin: 2.000.000 (6.060.000)

Skill
    ○Tempest
    Range 28.0meters
    Mana 655
    Channel 4.0 seconds
    Cast 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Master of Discord
    Focus all of your energy to cast down countless thunder bolts at the target and enemies
    within a 12.0 meter radius around it, inflicting Metal damage equal to your
    base magic damage plus 400% of weapon damage plus 13503.0. Has
    a 95% chance to cause a 8.0 second reduction in speed of 60%.

Requires two Sparks

Demon version has a 25% chance to freeze enemies for 8 seconds.

I am not sure what numbers in brackets mean in coin and sp.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Mysti, the brackets are overall, from 1-11, how much it costs.

If I were you, I would get Chromatic Healing Beam up to 2 or 3. It's useful, but mostly used on squishies with low HP so not a rush to get it high level. Mine's at 5 right now and I have no problem.

For the seals, I would prioritize elemental seal. There's only one other class with a magical debuff skill, and that's a 79 skill for venos IIRC. Other classes have physical debuffs, so I wouldn't worry about that at all. Chromatic seal is only for PvP purposes pretty much, same with Silent Seal, so I wouldn't worry about them unless you're on a PvP server or go whitename a lot.

SoR is of course useful. However, it costs....a LOT. Mine right now is at level 3 and I don't have any problem with it, or anyone asking me to level it, so I wouldn't worry too much.

As far as 79 skills....I don't have GL, but I have WoP. One thing to note about it: It doesn't generate any aggro, like a buff or a heal would. So if your tank has three mobs on him and he hasn't aoe'd yet, pop on a WoP and he'll be fine until he aoes. Or you can put it on a veno that's pulling a boss and not pull aggro, or on the tank right as he starts a boss until you can get the stack on him. It's very versatile, I adore it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."