Plume Shot in TW

Options
Segomo - Dreamweaver
Segomo - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Cleric
So, since the answers I've gotten on this subject are...iffy, I figure I'd pose the question to EVERYONE~ (yay, everyone~)

So, it's well known the Crystals in TW can only be damaged by physical attack. Magic doesn't work, which really kinda sucks for Wizzies and Psychics. My question is, does Plume Shot work on the crystals?

The damage Plume Shot deals is Physical, but the amount is based off magical. I'm simply curious since spells like Plume Shot are often a lifesaver, and I like to know all I can about my life-saving spells ^^;
DREAMWEAVER
Segomo - Lvl100 - Cleric
Mictain - Lvl91 - Psychic
Eros_Nyx - Lvl68 - Veno (o.O?)

Magic is in my blood, take it away and what am I left with? It is my crutch and my sword, my life and eventually...my death.
Post edited by Segomo - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I would think so... it acts like a physical attack on everything else in-game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Our job is usually to heal, revive, buff our faction mates or kill people, not damage the crystal. I'm positive Plume Shot works though as a physical magic attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Segomo - Dreamweaver
    Segomo - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^^; I'm not about to try and dethrone our position as "The Ultimate Givers of Life" in a TW situation...not in a long shot. I was just curious. That, and I have a habit of wanting to do stupid stuff like....oh....I dunno, go on a Solo Rambo Quest to take out a base crystal by myself.

When are we going to get our Rambo Paint and tattered combat clothes....Cleric Exclusive...to make us look far more threatening than we really are?
    DREAMWEAVER
    Segomo - Lvl100 - Cleric
    Mictain - Lvl91 - Psychic
    Eros_Nyx - Lvl68 - Veno (o.O?)

Magic is in my blood, take it away and what am I left with? It is my crutch and my sword, my life and eventually...my death.
  • Henchman - Dreamweaver
    Henchman - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ohhh i can help here!

So one time, I was bored and we where fighting a new-ish faction in TW. Me being the awsome leader im am decided to grab a cata and raze hell. I went for the crystal and attacked it with plume shot...

Yes It does damage it...Albeit a tiny amount
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fistriel - Heavens Tear
    Fistriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Make SparkErruption + Plume Shot and hunt the Arcane Venos/Wizzis. b:cute
  • Trayous - Sanctuary
    Trayous - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ohhh i can help here!

So one time, I was bored and we where fighting a new-ish faction in TW. Me being the awsome leader im am decided to grab a cata and raze hell. I went for the crystal and attacked it with plume shot...

You missed 3 important words.

So one time (In Band Camp) b:laugh
  • silverdefender1
    silverdefender1 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So, since the answers I've gotten on this subject are...iffy, I figure I'd pose the question to EVERYONE~ (yay, everyone~)

So, it's well known the Crystals in TW can only be damaged by physical attack. Magic doesn't work, which really kinda sucks for Wizzies and Psychics. My question is, does Plume Shot work on the crystals?

The damage Plume Shot deals is Physical, but the amount is based off magical. I'm simply curious since spells like Plume Shot are often a lifesaver, and I like to know all I can about my life-saving spells ^^;

works great on ppl around the crystal
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ohhh i can help here!

I thought that is what catas were for taking out the crystals.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I thought that is what catas were for taking out the crystals.

Yes, catapults are for hitting the crystal. They deal the most damage too, which is why attacking the crystal with anything else is sort of pointless. Against lower factions I just like to kill anything that moves instead of going for the crystal... that's just boring b:sleep
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Make SparkErruption + Plume Shot and hunt the Arcane Venos/Wizzis. b:cute

Noo! b:sad too many times has it happened to me, and left me wondering- what killed me when i take one of my frequent trips afk.
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Noo! b:sad too many times has it happened to me, and left me wondering- what killed me when i take one of my frequent trips afk.

afk trip in TW.. You're squadleader gotta love that b:sad

Plume shotting the crystal.. Think the crystal regenerate its hp faster then you can do damage to it.

Being a cleric in TW aint all that exciting b:cry
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    magic deals damage to the crystal. I used my dragons breath today and it was doing damage, although small damage but damage nevertheless.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze