Restat to LA

Options
Monos - Raging Tide
Monos - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Wizard
Up until now now I have been pure all the way. It has literally been a cake walk lvl'ing, and have run into no problems at all. With that being said, I was thinking about restating to LA after I get my lvl 59 ulti's. I would like to focus some more on TW and do a little pvp as well.

I guess my main question is if 6x is a little to soon to make the change, and if the wizzy would be too underpowered (at 6x) to be successful in PK mode. If so, what lvl would everyone recommend the restat?
Post edited by Monos - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Up until now now I have been pure all the way. It has literally been a cake walk lvl'ing, and have run into no problems at all. With that being said, I was thinking about restating to LA after I get my lvl 59 ulti's. I would like to focus some more on TW and do a little pvp as well.

I guess my main question is if 6x is a little to soon to make the change, and if the wizzy would be too underpowered (at 6x) to be successful in PK mode. If so, what lvl would everyone recommend the restat?

Restat to LA? I would never recommend it. But if you feel that's better path for you, go ahead. With every higher level you will see that LA doesn't give you benefits that pure would give you. Try and see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Axisboldone - Heavens Tear
    Axisboldone - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If you are ok with the fact that you will restat back to arcane after lvl 90 then go for it.
  • Monos - Raging Tide
    Monos - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I was under the impression that LA wiz was more of a PVP type build.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Maybe at lower level LA PvP can have better survivability. But Lv 90+ definitely pure for PVP especially. But you have to know very good your character and how to play and tactics for PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Synthetic - Harshlands
    Synthetic - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

IMO If you restat to LA now ur going to spend the money to restat right back to arcane after 5 minutes of hitting like a feather. As far as LA being more PVP oriented I'd have to say no, no LA wiz will beat a charmed barb ever. I would stay arcane and help in TW by sneak AoE crowds and sealing people that spark.
  • Axisboldone - Heavens Tear
    Axisboldone - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

That is an argument that happens over and over again on these boards and when I was your lvl I teetered on the edged of agreeing with that. As it stands now I think it's crazy talk. It truly surprises me that any post lvl96 LA wizards exist at all. Actually can't even remember the last time I saw one. If I were a lesser man I might point and laugh next time I do.

Disclaimer: I am on a pve sever I don't have to worry about someone sneaking up on me and killing me before I can react. I can still see a strong argument for LA on a pvp server.
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    im a LA wizz so far and i have to say the phys/def given by LA does make a difference in the dmg taken. So why do you all regard this def as useless especially against the phys dmg classes like archer bm or wb? I mean stone barrier doubles the amount of phys def from the armor so in case of a stun the survivability of the wizz should be much higher compared to a robe. Unfortunately at this point i cant estimate whether or not the loss in magical resistances is worse compared to having low phys def. Why are the LA armors endgame weak?

greetz harm0wnie
    edited March 2010
    Options
    im a LA wizz so far and i have to say the phys/def given by LA does make a difference in the dmg taken. So why do you all regard this def as useless especially against the phys dmg classes like archer bm or wb? I mean stone barrier doubles the amount of phys def from the armor so in case of a stun the survivability of the wizz should be much higher compared to a robe. Unfortunately at this point i cant estimate whether or not the loss in magical resistances is worse compared to having low phys def. Why are the LA armors endgame weak?

greetz harm0wnie

I said it 1M times and I say it again. At high level and game you will have
    1.lot of p.def from refining jewelry.
    2.From ~9000 p.def is damage reduction so small, that is not worth gain more p.def. Another increase p.def doesn't give you more damage reduction. Maybe 12000 p.def add you 1% reduction more.I have fully buffed 8700 p.def now.
    So much more important than p.def became attack power. As LA you are VERY weak to compare to pure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's honestly a catch-22. Arcane is squishy as hell in those levels, no doubt. LA isn't as squishy. But in all honesty, level 6x is still not good for a mage, either way. You just won't have the HP pool to support being ganked, no matter what armor you wear. LA or Robes, Archers and BMs will still eat you, sins will roflpwn you, barbs will probably miss you, and magic classes will actually have a chance against you. The Pdef increase at low levels is not really enough to compensate for the lack of HP vs. a smart opponent, especially if your stone barrier isn't maxed.

You're better off remaining squishy and using force of will and distance shrink to kite around and do some real damage until you die. Mages are not built for pre 9x PvP, period.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

have you been in a TW ? I'm sorry to say, but your job at 59 will be to "go to town". I know RT is a new server, but there are already a lot of 80+, not talking about 90+. Any of those will just 1 shot you.

If the lvl'ing until now was a cake walk, keep up the good work, save cash, get to 95, buy event gear, shard it and refine it and then you'll start to make a diff. Until then you're just making the count for TW attendance and improve the kill count for the opponent.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • verybadthings
    verybadthings Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I thought I should post since I m LA. Ther s very few high level LA wizzards and Im not one of them. I m only level 86 but I do plan to stick LA past 90 contrary to all recommendations and advice.

One reason is. I like to be different. that s why i went wizzard in the first place and LA makes me even more so, especially past 90.

And no I can t kill a charmed barb all thought they cant kill me either, spotting me first or not.

But I do beat the **** out of BM s and even archers my level (I have to work on the sin part) even when they do spot me first. And I do beat the **** out of arcane wizards my level.

And yes I play at PvP server.

I ts nice to be different. ANd If I in the end feel to flawed playing LA past 9x I can allways restat. But it s allways fun to be at least a tiny bit unic.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's honestly a catch-22. Arcane is squishy as hell in those levels, no doubt. LA isn't as squishy. But in all honesty, level 6x is still not good for a mage, either way. You just won't have the HP pool to support being ganked, no matter what armor you wear. LA or Robes, Archers and BMs will still eat you, sins will roflpwn you, barbs will probably miss you, and magic classes will actually have a chance against you. The Pdef increase at low levels is not really enough to compensate for the lack of HP vs. a smart opponent, especially if your stone barrier isn't maxed.

You're better off remaining squishy and using force of will and distance shrink to kite around and do some real damage until you die. Mages are not built for pre 9x PvP, period.

LA or arcane, it's the same problem b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I thought I should post since I m LA. Ther s very few high level LA wizzards and Im not one of them. I m only level 86 but I do plan to stick LA past 90 contrary to all recommendations and advice.

One reason is. I like to be different. that s why i went wizzard in the first place and LA makes me even more so, especially past 90.

And no I can t kill a charmed barb all thought they cant kill me either, spotting me first or not.

But I do beat the **** out of BM s and even archers my level (I have to work on the sin part) even when they do spot me first. And I do beat the **** out of arcane wizards my level.

And yes I play at PvP server.

I ts nice to be different. ANd If I in the end feel to flawed playing LA past 9x I can allways restat. But it s allways fun to be at least a tiny bit unic.

that's the most valid argument one can use for LA wiz: to be different.

Now, I honestly don't know what kind of arcane wizards you can or cannot beat, but they need to suck pretty badly if they get beaten by a LA.

other than that, be different, it's your choice. You won't be a factor endgame or actually ever after 90, but your point in this game is to be different not play good of be useful so I see your point.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • verybadthings
    edited March 2010
    Options
    that's the most valid argument one can use for LA wiz: to be different.

Now, I honestly don't know what kind of arcane wizards you can or cannot beat, but they need to suck pretty badly if they get beaten by a LA.

other than that, be different, it's your choice. You won't be a factor endgame or actually ever after 90, but your point in this game is to be different not play good of be useful so I see your point.

Equally geared equal level. Equal gear is, I dont cashshop so hard earned tt80 mostly +2 or +3 for my part and mostly the same for them (all thought i dont know if its hard earned or not)

why I beat them; full chi, cast sporific wisper , cast undine, cast FoW, cast BT + extreme poison = dead arcane

If they hit me with BT I m faar from dead.

But I agree , using no sparks , that is no BT they hit harder and take less damage. But we do fight with sparks right )

But like u say. LA wiz is a DD not fully beeing a DD. I m not gonna argue if 9x LA is worse of than arcane, it might be and I wont t try to argue until I m there and tried it.

PvE I m allready sure arcane is better since wiz dont get hit almost ever in PVE past 79 if u know how to play.

For PVP thought I gues I ll just wait and see....
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LA or arcane, it's the same problem b:surrender

True enough. But as a 9x Arcane with my first 3 demon skills, I can safely say that if i don't die in the first assault, that sin is boned. FOW + Undine + Stone Rain = one shot, I throw in EP for good measure and that sin is toast no matter how well geared he is unless he's like 10 levels higher than me. If he has deaden nerves active, I'll sleep and hit him with sandstorm instead to finish the guy. The trick is tanking the initial stunlock assault. I love it when I've finished channeling a spell as the sin force stealth. Seeing a sandstorm/stone rain kill a sin while they're invisible is priceless.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    any idiot wizard that uses BT on a LA mage deserves to be stoned to death.
    They can apply same thing you do with BIDS and you will be dead, or a simple genie skill to break your combo and again, you will be dead. And if it comes to hit vs hit, you will be dead. So yeah,you were saying you easily beat wizards, turns out you can easily beat idiot wizards.
    As long as BMs/Archers go, at low lvl yes, you as LA have an easier time than AA. But really, how much time are ppl spending under 90s these days? 2 months at most? Double XP weeks, hyper XP stones that stack with that , FC + RB runs...I mean, really ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • verybadthings
    edited March 2010
    Options
    any idiot wizard that uses BT on a LA mage deserves to be stoned to death.
    They can apply same thing you do with BIDS and you will be dead, or a simple genie skill to break your combo and again, you will be dead. And if it comes to hit vs hit, you will be dead. So yeah,you were saying you easily beat wizards, turns out you can easily beat idiot wizards.
    As long as BMs/Archers go, at low lvl yes, you as LA have an easier time than AA. But really, how much time are ppl spending under 90s these days? 2 months at most? Double XP weeks, hyper XP stones that stack with that , FC + RB runs...I mean, really ...

Well lets put it this way. If u can afford to refine ornaments for high pdef and refine gear to high level for HP (since as arcane u wont use hp shards as LA do but the psy def ones) ...
    ..then I get your point. I mean at 9k+ psy def 1k more or less wont really matter but attack power do.

The thing is not all belong to a faction owning all land getting money that way, or have two computers doing whatever to get money or spending real cash

So if you cant get high refined gear and ornaments just +2 -+3 and 2-3 flawless shards in each. Then would Arcane still have enough psydef and HP for sruvivability. I mean it deosn help you whatever damage u do if u r dead.
  • SoulsFury - Heavens Tear
    SoulsFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    By sharding armor with Garnets & refining phys res ornaments & with stone barrier on you will gain a great amount of phys defense.

That's basically what i'm looking at doing. Refining gear for HP. Maybe a mix of citrines and garnets in gear.

I will be trying to get gear that adds either HP or phys resistance as adds.

Woot!!

Mum - you get your weapon yet??!! Its me Advance.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    By sharding armor with Garnets & refining phys res ornaments & with stone barrier on you will gain a great amount of phys defense.

That's basically what i'm looking at doing. Refining gear for HP. Maybe a mix of citrines and garnets in gear.

I will be trying to get gear that adds either HP or phys resistance as adds.

Woot!!

Mum - you get your weapon yet??!! Its me Advance.

Hello Advance. I'm stuck with just 5 signs. Two another you can get in city of abomination,BUT unfortunately always at this even I'm at work. So I have no chance to get these signs without help from my faction. And I never see some1 selling these badges/signs. And I still working on reputation as well. Now ~15K. But I'm gonna to have rank 8 question is when.b:laugh But I started seriously saving money for reputation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hello Advance. I'm stuck with just 5 signs. Two another you can get in city of abomination,BUT unfortunately always at this even I'm at work. So I have no chance to get these signs without help from my faction. And I never see some1 selling these badges/signs. And I still working on reputation as well. Now ~15K. But I'm gonna to have rank 8 question is when.b:laugh But I started seriously saving money for reputation.

Wow, you've gotten a bit of rep now. Woot!! Good luck with your endeavor!!!
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wow, you've gotten a bit of rep now. Woot!! Good luck with your endeavor!!!

Ty much.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]