How to make money efficiently... yeah another one

Options
Asheera - Raging Tide
Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Well I'm a bit depressed but I'm on a shortage of money, badly. I can barely keep up with upgrading my skills, if even that (started to be ridiculous, 200k each skill upgrade b:sad)

Is there any freaking way to make good money (compared to amount of time it takes of course... time = money) in this game besides merchanting and/or catshopping? Thing is I can't catshop, I just can't. So no merchanting or 'easy' sells for me.

Of course some generic options are:

-> Grinding. Well I have to say it here, it was not bad grinding at lower levels but the more I advance the more it starts to be pain/pointless. I mean I still make some coins of course but it's in no way comparable to current prices of what I have to use coins for. It would simply take me ages and too much time to become decent like this.

-> Farming TT. Two problems with this, one is I rarely ever get parties for that (only did TT 1-1 2 times and 1-2 once QQ) and on top of that the distribution method kinda sucks a bit for DDs and I don't get it tbh, why not make it fair and random who gets first pick(s), and just distribute all pays on repairs/pots at end of run equally between players? >.> And don't start with a tank and cleric are much much much more important than DDers, it's not that much, you wouldn't like the time/repairs/pots you'd get if no DDers in party.

And problem number 2 is, now there will be double drops but even with normal I heard many people saying TT is not worth farming for money anymore, takes long and you don't get that much as an individual (especially as a DD I guess). Oh well I guess double drops will help me get my tt70 set faster, that's if I get to run tt though lol

Also damn it if I can't avoid trolls or haters with this, if your reply sounds something like "another noob crying about money while we others had to work hard to get here" well I can tell you to not post. I AM NOT A LAZY NOOB just cuz my level is not 'pro' or I'm out of money, in fact this thread is exactly here because I am a motivated and dedicated 'noob', willing to get to the top but seeking advices. I'm determined to work my **** off in one way or another but only if it's worth it or it's going to get me somewhere, so please if you have some advice to make money in this game without merchanting (which needs catshop and I can't) and wouldn't mind sharing it with me I would welcome your input.

Also... I'm not stupid, or inactive, or not a 'hard worker' if you think like that. I was after all one of the most rich ppl on my server for the other f2p MMO I played before. So I know how it is to get to the top, but it just seems like I can't do it in here no matter how much I try b:cry

Somehow it just seems to me that this game is based on charging and using damn gold to buy coins. I mean, it's alright if I don't have some luxury of the cashshop at least for a long while until I manage to get enough money to maybe buy gold. But when game kinda starts to make you need charge gold even to 'buy' coins which have nothing to do with cashshop, it's a bit to the extreme b:surrender

Not to mention the ridiculous high prices of some mats people use... no way to get that much for me in a lifetime b:sad but it's actually not even the player's fault since the Mysterious Merchant, a NPC made by devs, does same.

Oh yeah... I also want to QQ that I'm very rarely even doing instances apart from fb/bh in this game right now, when I was doing non stop in that other game... I'd wish to do 3-4 TTs a day, Rebirth, Lunar, FC, Nirvana, and basically everything, but that's not for this thread :P
First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
Quit.
Post edited by Asheera - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Ghost_eyes - Lost City
    Ghost_eyes - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    There is no easy way to make money, do a search on the forums and you will fine many posts already addressing this subject.

your options come down to
    1) Charge some zen (the game is free, support the developers and dont be stiff).
    2)Reroll a class which has the ability to make larger amounts of money through grind (BM, Veno with herc).
    3) Find a group of friends who are dedicated to running HH's and won't discriminate drop distribution based on class.
    4)Be resourceful, use events, buy/sell tokens. Barter with the right goods and u can make plenty of coin -just got to think outside the box

Money was not designed to come easy in this game.
    That's just the reality of it,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _aerith_ - Dreamweaver
    _aerith_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    There is no easy way to make money, do a search on the forums and you will fine many posts already addressing this subject.

your options come down to
    1) Charge some zen (the game is free, support the developers and dont be stiff).
    2)Reroll a class which has the ability to make larger amounts of money through grind (BM, Veno with herc).
    3) Find a group of friends who are dedicated to running HH's and won't discriminate drop distribution based on class.
    4)Be resourceful, use events, buy/sell tokens. Barter with the right goods and u can make plenty of coin -just got to think outside the box

That's just the reality of it,

1) Even if you charge 14.99 a month like a normal MMO, you wont get much for your money.

2) No matter what class you roll, drops wont be easier to get. I mean grinding on mob after mob. The higher you go in levels. The worse the drop rate is.
    You would think that the higher level you are, the more money you will rake in. Not true.

3)Most of the HH/TT mats are way way cheap now. The market is flooded with HH/TT mats. Its really hard to sell them.

4)There is so much competition going on right now with everyone trying to use the events to get money.

I agree its hard for a non-cash shopper to gain wealth in this game.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Actually it was. It used to be rather easy to make money. PWI has, over time, removed or deflated most methods used to generate in-game coin. This coupled with super-fast leveling has created a new group of players addicted to experience points but lacking in funds necessary to accomplish basic things like paying for skills, upgrading gear, and saving to buy cash-shop items without having to use real cash.

And.... most of the newer users are actually happy with this.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Ghost_eyes - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1) Even if you charge 14.99 a month like a normal MMO, you wont get much for your money.

2) No matter what class you roll, drops wont be easier to get. I mean grinding on mob after mob. The higher you go in levels. The worse the drop rate is.
    You would think that the higher level you are, the more money you will rake in. Not true.

3)Most of the HH/TT mats are way way cheap now. The market is flooded with HH/TT mats. Its really hard to sell them.

4)There is so much competition going on right now with everyone trying to use the events to get money.

Your basically saying that the game is unplayable and there's no way to make money. Your wrong about the drop rates for grinding, You just need to know what mob to grind on.

Yes the market is flooded with merchants, but ppl are still making money. You got be in it to win it.

There's plenty of people many of whom i know personally, who do not cash shop yet still have devised clever means to make coin.

But generally speaking, we can both agree that its a cash shoppers game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ghost_eyes - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Actually it was. It used to be rather easy to make money. PWI has, over time, removed or deflated most methods used to generate in-game coin. This coupled with super-fast leveling has created a new group of players addicted to experience points but lacking in funds necessary to accomplish basic things like paying for skills, upgrading gear, and saving to buy cash-shop items without having to use real cash.

And.... most of the newer users are actually happy with this.

Yah, I remember those days; when gold was 90k or so, even less in your early days i'm sure. The days when 'packs' was not a word in our in-game vocabulary.

But i'm sure the current state the game is in economically was the intention of the developers, long before the first pixel was laid down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yah, I remember those days; when gold was 90k or so, even less in your early days i'm sure. The days when 'packs' was not a word in our in-game vocabulary.

But i'm sure the current state the game is in economically was the intention of the developers, long before the first pixel was laid down.

Actually it was still relatively easy to make money before the first 2x event. BH emptied most people of their wallets buying mats (because they were in too much of a rush to farm)... and then the newer BH system just compounded this problem it seems. Leveling so fast along with high gold prices are just better incentive for people to top-up with real cash.

The current state of the game is in-development still. I'm sure it will change over the next few months to compensate, somewhat, because the current state of things may be generating good money, but in the long run will make a bunch of players who reach end-game too soon with too little to show and not enough reward from 'the effort'. Right now they're pulling in OCD players with an addiction to gaining levels instead of focusing on the more entertaining aspects of the game which is great for short term popularity but makes long term playability less interesting. *shrug*

Oh well... I'm still playing because too much time and money invested and I've made too many friends... I don't think many of the newer players will have as much difficulty leaving the game when they've hit 100 and don't have all that much left to do.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i agree it is hard to make money. on my high lvl character i felt forced to spend money just so i could get my TT wep QQ
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1) Don't use weapons or armor, using them damages them, damages need repairs, repairs are expensive
    2) NPC crafting mats, selling them at more than their NPC price is not worth the time when you could be grinding
    3) Pots are wastes, either charm or meditate
    4) Tiger smileys increase the amount of coin dropped from mobs
    5) Skills cost coin, coin costs money

Seriously though, find a way to merchant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yesterday, I saw a nien beast for 5 mil in a catshop. Before buying it, I struck a deal with a player to sell him a nien beast for 7 mil. I bought the nien beast and sold it to him. 2 mil profit in about 10 minutes. Personally, I can't say making money is hard.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yah, trading is good but now theres too much of trading in game. Basically if you wanna farm TT solo you have to pray for gold mat, in case it drop you have to sell it what is damn hard now. Dont even look at AH and catshop prices cause they are fairly high but no one buys it. For example in my case 1-3 run takes min. 2,5 to 3 hours with some smoke breaks and as the barb above said ... you can run throught catshops make deal worth 2m in few mins and buy desired mat, lol. Why to do run which is a PITA cause lot of high hp mobs on the way and mats worth ****?

No idea where it goes but playing game is not worth anything now. Look at awesome Sleeves of Sea Captain mold, yeah it's ELITE GOLD GEAR and good luck with selling it for 100k. Next 2x event will cause ppl to NPC it to free inventory slots.

Second thing is leveling speed, sorry but for what I've made me 8x TT gold set if I could buy few hyper stones, do few BH's that are a joke and skip to 9x? Oh noez but I can bassically do the same and skip to 100 then get me a gear ... thats comes from packs cause it's not worth farming. Hmmm, for what to play then? Not better to just buy char, PK a bit then sell .... ouch, any idiot will pay more than $100 for such doubtful kind of fun?

I'm starting to reget that I've ever touched his game.

Cheers
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    Maiira - Sanctuary Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the game has become divided between 2 kinds of players. those who cash shop and those who dont. but for those players who dont use cashshop it rewards the ppl who try and work hard for their gear. its true the game is continually getting harder to make money but still possible and relies on luck and skill. for example running my fac members fb51 she got 3 molds that i helped her sell and from her fb 51 made over 3mil coin. in another fac members fb79 got 2 molds one of which is cape of tauren chieftain wich continues to be an expensive item even with the lunar robes becoming ever more available. knowing what to grind on to make it more eficient at lower lvls where i had both my herc and nix by lvl60 all from in game coin. and having the mindset that power levelling will make you poor... all the ways in which you get the most experience generally cost money. crazy stone now for me is almost 70k per day. i spend on average 100k per day on wine fees for my bounty hunters, frost runs give massive xp and if you hyper can cost over 1mil per run and can give you an entire level which means you are closer to the next set of gear you cant afford yet. for me its become a game of figuring out how to make money. check the auction house every 2 hours or so when you are online. look through the catshops in west archosaur and learn what the values of items are and when you see some1 seeling for cheap... or some1 who cant count their 0's. XD i love my neclace cause some1 forgot a 0 and sold it for 300k instead of 3mil. there are always good deals that you can buy then resell later.

some ideas...
    gold trading: watch the market nowadays at least on the sancutary server gold doesnt drop below 300k but sometimes rises up over 400k during major sales so... buy it when you see it dipping around 300k and resell when it rises.

item trading: catshops and auction house. learn what items are worth and look for good deals to resell later. check west archosaur daily and auction house multiple times a day cause good deals sell fast.

grinding: its so much easier to make money at low lvls by grinding especially on quest related DQ drops and on mats. i wrote a guide which unfortunately has dissapeared into the forums.

farming: the mats used for making items have become super sellers, but not for the making of gear and weapons but for making the wines to use on bounty hunters and final boss instances.

soloing final bosses as a veno: if you happen to be a veno with a herc, either by luck of making money or by your initial cashshopping soloing fb instances cane make good money for quite a while. in mid lvl 50's range fb51 is soloable all except wyvern and the mobs have excelent drops, good xp, and you will get darkness stamps for lots of reputation.

cube of fate: if you learn how to do it properly you cane make more money than you spend but its all a matter of luck and chance. certain rooms sich as room 46 i believe it is gives you 9 of a certain card and wants you to find 1 more to complete. you can either buy 1 more for 150k or... town teleport back to starting room and sell the 9 you have for 600k+ profit.

be smart with your money: you can go the entire game without buying clothing. once you hit lvl30 and get your free flying mount for whichever race you are do afk flying instead of town teleport. know what you need and dont need for what you want to do.

alot of the money in pwi has become based on buying gold but its based on a capitalistic approach if you are smart and work hard to get an edge. work fast to snag deals before others see them you will be able to come out on top without paying any money or by paying a small ammount into pwi to get started.
    lvl101 LA/AA demon veno ftw, 15251 hp buffed, 13508 buffed pdef in human. able to use tt100 fists at 5 aps w/ genie. all from 2 years of work... WASTED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    Maiira - Sanctuary Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sorry for double post more ppl wrote stuff while i was writing my post XD. for people who think that all you have to spend is 50-100$ to get all the good stuff and power lvl straight to 90 its not quite so simple either. using the anniversary packs and the lucky corals requires you to get really lucky. i have friends of mine who spent well over 2000$ on this game and got really unlucky with packs. virtually nothing but tockens.

games are meant to be fun. it doesnt require a player to super power lvl themselves to high lvls and have the greatest godly gear to have fun. my best friend is lvl 67 shes beel playing as a mid 60's venomancer for almost 4 months now constantly helping people out cause thats what she has fun doing. in staying the same level though shes also aquired lots of nice items from drops. and when it comes to looking for a veno for bh51 shes one of the best there is. its all about perspective.

if you regret ever touching this game cause you cant have the best gear like the major cashshoppers then i think you are looking at the wrong game and its your opinion. doesnt mean that others require the best to have fun. you can still be the best without having the best.

i know players who are in their 70's and still use some of their rank armor from lvl 30 with a few minor up to date pieces. but cause of how they play i would rather take them to a squad than some of the players my own level. they have been levelling slow and saving money. cause once my friends lvl 74 wiz hits lvl80 hes equiping the tt80 gold full +4 with 4 immacs ea that shes been saving up for since she was level 30. and is part way to getting his tt90 set already.

take a moment and think about why you play games. games are meant to be fun. and if you dont find it fun find something else to do. and as for the people who will eventually post making fun of me for these 2 posts and flaming...

t'would be no sad thing, if certain birds died before they sing.
    lvl101 LA/AA demon veno ftw, 15251 hp buffed, 13508 buffed pdef in human. able to use tt100 fists at 5 aps w/ genie. all from 2 years of work... WASTED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I am not someone who desperately looking for money or very interested on getting as much as i can money. (not a cash shopper too)
    Yet i am not poor on these game even though i am waste lots of money on fashion and tomes.

Dunno why . . i am even wasting some mill on the last Halloween event.
    (hoping for mid night, but not getting it) I had so many candy box now . .
    I am even doing stupid thing by set buying price on my catshop too high, i am end up giving a few free million to lucky people that seeing my catshop. (glad only happen once)

Most of these time i am rarely open a cat shop now, just using Auction House if want to sell something that worth to try selling in AH.
    Sometimes i am testing and do research what expensive things that people wanted, and hope i hit the jackpot.

But yeah me myself quiet surprised how i am able to manage the money . . b:surrender
    And for info i am not even doing TT, TW, or capturing rare pets, only doing a doing a little business sometimes. b:thanks But i am doing grinding more than BH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ty all for the replies, a few comments :)

@Pervera: Yes I agree it is somewhat sad it is almost impossible making decent money "playing" this game now you have to merchant and manipulate the market, take advantage of prices and such to have a chance. Which is actually not really playing the game in my opinion.

@Ghost_eyes: Well about charging zen, yes I was thinking to do it some time. But then, it wouldn't be a ridiculous amount, and as someone said if you pay a "normal" price compared to other p2p MMOs you get not much at all. I mean even a decent aerogear costs twice or more than a monthly fee of other MMOs. Just an aerogear.

I'd probably pay some money on it but that's for mounts, aerogear, fashion and expanding inventory/bank spaces. It's already a decent amount compared to what I'd pay on a p2p MMO and for sure this won't allow me to sell gold for coins which I think is a bit stupid that it's almost needed. This isn't a free game it's actually the most expensive MMO XD

Also another thing I noticed and actually bothers me is how everyone nowadays use charms a lot. Every Rebirth run asking for charm, some FC runs, and people still go! Not to mention, the huge spam of teleacoustics in world chat. I mean, I actually find it a bit hard to believe ALL of those are heavy cashshoppers (yes heavy cuz even with 100 gold you can't do much after buying the 'basics' such as mounts etc -.-) willing to 'waste' so much money, on every Rebirth/TW/FC run and spamming World like crazy. So, how are those people making easy money??? Or they really are all heavy cashshoppers?

@DeathBanana: ROFL XD
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    if you regret ever touching this game cause you cant have the best gear like the major cashshoppers then i think you are looking at the wrong game and its your opinion. doesnt mean that others require the best to have fun. you can still be the best without having the best.

i know players who are in their 70's and still use some of their rank armor from lvl 30 with a few minor up to date pieces. but cause of how they play i would rather take them to a squad than some of the players my own level. they have been levelling slow and saving money. cause once my friends lvl 74 wiz hits lvl80 hes equiping the tt80 gold full +4 with 4 immacs ea that shes been saving up for since she was level 30. and is part way to getting his tt90 set already.

take a moment and think about why you play games. games are meant to be fun. and if you dont find it fun find something else to do. and as for the people who will eventually post making fun of me for these 2 posts and flaming...

t'would be no sad thing, if certain birds died before they sing.

Ohhh hunny. The point is that I can have good gear but not by playing game itself. And if I couldn't then guess what happens on PvP server. You know, me and Asheera seem to like run dungeon, grind a bit and have money, other way we could go into an trading mmo game.

And the other thing, you see. Your friend was saving entire game for gold set and nowdays it took me from 80 to 83 to just buy materials and craft it not cause lack of cash, cause leveling is so fast. Still dont have a boots and yesterday i was 82 and 80% and now im on 83 and 16.1% and .... lvl3 BH to check out + WQ to checkout + cube to do. I'll level out of my gear before i'll have chance to craft boots lol.

BTW: I wanna see your friends pulling AoE bosses, lol. One shot?
  • jeroenjp
    jeroenjp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think every one has that same problem ( only the chas shoppers and the merchanters not )

but there are a few ways to save your money.

1) Why do i have wings again?
    you got an mount right use it then dont waste your money on teleports. this is the biggest money eater in pwi but no one belives it.

2)I look awsom
    yhea we all no it we wane look pro like hell with fhas. dont buy to much. ceaus you can only wear 1 item @ the time.

3)Look my cute pet
    .... you want an pet on low lvl? dont other wise be an veno.

And to earn money i agree with the HH, Nirvana and all the others. Even if ya dont need an TT mat. You can still sell it. Or use it to lvl your tailor, blacksmith, craftsman
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Errr necro?
  • EmeraldFire - Lost City
    EmeraldFire - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

I can say from the voice of experience, the herc is nothing more than an overpriced trinket now. There are few things a veno can run solo mode that will net any profit whatsoever anymore. Run in groups, sure, but for a veno with a herc, unless 5 aps bms are in the parties at higher lvls, the veno is the tank. Not profitable for the veno anymore. Repair bills, mana consumed healing and debuffing, not profitable whatsoever. And they are right, the market is so flooded with mats right now, along side most of the newly redesigned areas being glitched, cash shopping is really the only way anymore. Pray you pop something good out of those coral packs =\
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Read the sticky on it.It doesn't matter whether you are cash shopper or not it will not get you rich.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=125991
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.