So I Started My First Assassin Ever......

Options
Nite_Spike - Dreamweaver
Nite_Spike - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Assassin
I am wondering what kind of tips u have? (i.e. builds, skill combos, mobs to kill, ect). I have heard that they are hard to start out with and get better at about 40+ or so. What would you recommend for stat builds, what armor should i use? (heavy or light) and so on. Thanks in advance and hopefully he works out good. I currently have a lvl 53 blademaster so im used to a heavy hitting tank that sucks in the damage lol.b:victory
Post edited by Nite_Spike - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• EvAxx - Sanctuary
    EvAxx - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I am wondering what kind of tips u have? (i.e. builds, skill combos, mobs to kill, ect). I have heard that they are hard to start out with and get better at about 40+ or so. What would you recommend for stat builds, what armor should i use? (heavy or light) and so on. Thanks in advance and hopefully he works out good. I currently have a lvl 53 blademaster so im used to a heavy hitting tank that sucks in the damage lol.b:victory

Early on there's not much tips we can give you. Combos should be self explanatory. Use skills that do the most damage. Though I believe there is a trick you can do with tackling slash to prevent getting hit. Maybe someone can explain that to you. But otherwise just spam your skills and try your best. Use life powders, they'll save you potions. Once you get to 59 start spamming double spark and use skills to keep your chi up. It'll be the cheapest if not most effective way to level/kill. 4 Dex and 1 Str every level will work out good for you. I would go with light armor until someone tests heavy armor end game, I wouldn't attempt it since you won't have the cash in case it fails mid game.
  • Nite_Spike - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ya i planned on light armor, I got a heavy armor Venomancer and something that doesn't use heavy armor from the start is hard to do lol. But 4 dex and 1 str was what i was thinkin as well. but the spamming double spark thing you mentioned. What is that exactly? The only thing I can think is gettin a spark and 99 chi after that. (unless thats what u mean)
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    For the trick with Tackling Slash, use it on any mob that does melee only, then move on top of it and it wont attack you because it has to move out of range to attack.

As far as tips, check out all the Assassin guides that are on these forums. They will help you learn the class well.
  • EvAxx - Sanctuary
    EvAxx - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ya i planned on light armor, I got a heavy armor Venomancer and something that doesn't use heavy armor from the start is hard to do lol. But 4 dex and 1 str was what i was thinkin as well. but the spamming double spark thing you mentioned. What is that exactly? The only thing I can think is gettin a spark and 99 chi after that. (unless thats what u mean)

At level 59 you have two sparks and 99 chi and you get a spark burst+ which raises your damage by 300% of weapon value for 12 secs and heals you 10% of of your max life at the cost of 2 sparks. This damage increase is huge combined with an assassin's fast attack speed. You have skills that'll gives you enough chi to continually cast spark burst+ indefinitely. You'll have an amazing DPS and combined with bloodpaint (heals you based on the damage you deal to the mob), you'll rarely ever use a potion. Your DPS and healing ability will only get better once you reach 89 and get demon spark should you choose to go demon that is.
  • Nite_Spike - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    At level 59 you have two sparks and 99 chi and you get a spark burst+ which raises your damage by 300% of weapon value for 12 secs and heals you 10% of of your max life at the cost of 2 sparks. This damage increase is huge combined with an assassin's fast attack speed. You have skills that'll gives you enough chi to continually cast spark burst+ indefinitely. You'll have an amazing DPS and combined with bloodpaint (heals you based on the damage you deal to the mob), you'll rarely ever use a potion. Your DPS and healing ability will only get better once you reach 89 and get demon spark should you choose to go demon that is.

well demon seems like the way to go lol. but im lvl 5 already and will be gettin 10 in about 10 minutes or so easy at this rate. but thank a lot!
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well demon seems like the way to go lol. but im lvl 5 already and will be gettin 10 in about 10 minutes or so easy at this rate. but thank a lot!

Really don't bother with going either way until they actually put the Demon/Sage skills out. We still have yet to get our 79/89/100 skills.