What's the problem with saying FSC? +question

Options
Greggory - Dreamweaver
Greggory - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Cleric
I mean. It just implies a build right? O.o just like you call a cleric "LA" if they use Light armor right? So what's wrong with saying "all mag build" as FSC?

It just means I go 9 mag, 1 str every two levels.

On another note, someone told me I should start adding vit... but this idea also coincices with other people's ideas. I mean, would vit actually make that much difference if you get like.... 7 per level. I know a level 81 cleric who has about 111 vit (with addies and such) and still has less HP than my veno who's capped at 30. (veno level 78).
Post edited by Greggory - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I dont think you need vit at a low level, on my cleric i started to add vit from level 60 onwards. Beforehand i used the 1 str 9 mag then swapped to 1 str 1 vit 8 mag and it turned out ok
  • Undadeus - Dreamweaver
    Undadeus - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Your stats are not what makes a FSC/FAC cleric. FSC would imply that you do nothing but heal, much like FAC cleric suggests you do nothing but attack. Either way you're only playing half the class. Neither of them refers to your stat build tho.
  • Greggory - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lawl. Okay :3 that explains it more than people going into threads and freaking out saying "You're NOT FAC or FSC!" without reasoning.

So then I'll just call it.................. Int build T.T boring.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Your stats are not what makes a FSC/FAC cleric. FSC would imply that you do nothing but heal, much like FAC cleric suggests you do nothing but attack. Either way you're only playing half the class. Neither of them refers to your stat build tho.

this basically

The whole FSC vs FAC deal started with a guide by Canyon which has since been removed by popular demand. basically FSC meant levelling all support skills at the expense of attack skills. FAC meant forgetting heals and putting all resources into atk. I faction mate of mine recently told me he almost dien in BH because it turned out that the cleric only had level 1 IH *facepalm*. The difference is more abt skills and play styles though for the people that actually choose one or the other the tendancy is for FAC to be full mag and FSC to be a vit build.

Really, there are very few clerics past 6x or 7x that consider themselvces either FAC or FSC. and those that do likely BHed or oracled up. Its all really abt balance. theres skills in each tree that you can easily do without.

Is vit needed? no not really. I have 5 base vit on my cleric. I carry an extra set of ornaments (neck and Belt) that have Phys def and HP for instances and phys mobs with those I have almost 2800 hp i think. going ful mag is a bit more expensive due to the need for some shards and refines but honestly since packs are here its much cheaper than it used to be. while tokens are around you can make flawless citrines for under 200k. And besides I wouldnt really recommend bothering going crazy on the shards and refines untill maybe the 7x mold set.

I see you're on DW you can pm me ingame if you wantb:bye

Example .... see the siggy vv
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:laugh if you want to be FSC, go lvl everything except your attacks.
    b:bye Tip to lvl: find pt say i'll heal you, i'll buff you. then leech exp.
  • Greggory - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Awesome :O

I expected that I would need hp stuff down the road... but most of the HP stuff you can get adds more than the vit you add anyway.

And I never expected to just level healing or support skills solely O.o' I expected to level both, and do. xD I just figured FAC was a name for a build is all :O
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Awesome :O

I expected that I would need hp stuff down the road... but most of the HP stuff you can get adds more than the vit you add anyway.

true true, on a pve server though cleric that stat vit will still usually shard citrines though because we have such low hp. garnets if they TW or pk alot. so Full mag build even with shards and refines will still have lower HP.

BUT..... for instance I have 12 flawless cits on my armor thats the equivalent to 48 vitb:shocked

However at 81 with that full mag build I made it through FCC as a DD since there was a higher lvl cleric without issue (died once on stupid circle boss but hp doesnt help that) seemed that bare minimum hp in there should be around buffed 2700 hp (though that low isnt recommended that would just be to survive on a perfect run 3300 to 3500 [2500-2700 unbuffed] being a bit more desired) so that should give you an idea of what to shoot for.

not sure abt RB havent done it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Undadeus - Dreamweaver
    Undadeus - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Nah FSC and FAC are skill builds and styles really.

And I agree - my cleric has 20 base vit at lvl 93, and I'm considering taking even that away.
  • /
gellus - Heavens Tear6
    / gellus - Heavens Tear6 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I put everything into leveling buffs and heals first. All of those are at level 10.

Most of my attacks are level 10 as well. (Except for those I can't max yet, and those I just havent got around to putting anything into yet)

Without equips my stats are:
    Vit- 25
    Mag- 347
    Str- 50
    Dex- 17

With equips:
    Vit- 41
    Mag- 410
    Str- 50
    Dex- 40

My strength will go no higher than 54 for the 99 glaive.
    Everything else goes into mag. Have a little vit for extra hp, and my robes have beautiful cits.. Not to impressive on the gem level, but I'm waiting til 90+ to put in really good ones.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I am slowly and in bits and peices writing this guide for my faction
    http://www.mediafire.com/?l0jmmrnywmz

You can take a look and it should give you a general idea fore a balanced skill build for what you want to do. Yes its missing parts and its not complete yet and I have learned some things since I started but most of the skills are covered

...........BTW it looks better on our faction site then cut and paste into wordb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Myrddin_ - Harshlands
    _Myrddin_ - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    even if everyone has the right to play as he wishes...
    here my stats

str 58 (sky demon pearl bought yesterday)
    dex 16 (using requiem blade for now)
    vit 139
    mag 345

my healing is good enough and my hp always made my survive by archer/bm gank in tw
    all my equip is sharded with flawless and i still didnt got the tt90 chest, so i have 4516 hp (average 5800 with barb buff)

my damage may be a bit lower but who cares, u cant have everything in life
  • Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    75 vit, 57 strength, 5 dex, 450 magic.
    ...with gear >_> Without it's like 20 vit, 49 strength, 5 dex, 441 magic. Refines and shards make up for low vit.
  • PinkSuccubuS - Lost City
    PinkSuccubuS - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    uuh uuh my turn 115str 240mag 12dex 65vit geared atherwise 115str 240mag 50vit
    5dex.
    3,2k hp 4,7k phys deff 6300 mag deff self buffed
    atherwise 3,1k deff 4700 mag res
    robe user b:pleased
  • _Myrddin_ - Harshlands
    _Myrddin_ - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    115 str isnt a bit too much for robe user?b:surrender
    edited March 2010
    Options
    didnt i say i have a hp helmet my lv b:angry why in hell do i need 4 mag each lv anyways
    refine and i dont need so much point in mag so why caresb:chuckle
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    didnt i say i have a hp helmet my lv b:angry why in hell do i need 4 mag each lv anyways
    refine and i dont need so much point in mag so why caresb:chuckle

Which helm do you use because I dont remember there being any helm with 115 str requirement? o_O

Wearing helm for HP is good tho but at 7x I dont think its worth wearing one thats your level unless its got really good bonuses.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    true true, on a pve server though cleric that stat vit will still usually shard citrines though because we have such low hp. garnets if they TW or pk alot. so Full mag build even with shards and refines will still have lower HP.
    snip
    I never ever went white and im not in TW fac. still, i sharded with garnets and decided to make up for hp loss with higher refine level because... i died too easily to phys mobs and bossess. you cant spend your whole life in plume shield b:surrender

support / attack matters only on lower levels when you dont have enough spirit and coin to buy skills. still i recommend balance: you need some attacks because you wont always play in squad, and you need heals to be able to get into squad at all. set plume shot, cyclone and ironheart as priorities, keep them up to level and buy rest of skills later depending on which you find you need most.

build: i have 45 base vit and without barb buff im at 3,8 k hp (not done with refining yet, i just hate doing it :/ ). i can survive 1-3 soulbanisher as only cleric. im actually thinking about restatting some of that vit into mag... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well my lv81 helmet req need 125str wish gives 300 deff 169+190 plus garnet it wooot massive deff also refine and u could get 500 hp do the matb:chuckle
    ofc its a pain looking for good gear but its also fun
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    im FSC(full support cleric), but i don't have any point added in vit, just pure mag. i have vit/p.def gears. best heals, best dmg, and that is what you need to be full support. At bosses where i often see others clerics die i can survive alone, its more fun.
    but pure mag only works in pve, for pvp you need way more hp and p.def, thats why many people chose to go light armor
  • _Rosaly_ - Lost City
    _Rosaly_ - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What I did was focus on my attack skills first so I was able to (solo) lvl up to the point where I was asked as a support class more in instances. Obviously I did not completely ignore the main heals and other support skills (e.g. purify), but I liked being able to solo stuff for a good while. Basically if I had the choice then between getting IH and Cyclone, picked Cyclone. Now, I have ALL the basic skills maxed and am focussing on the debuffs whenever I can afford to buy skills.

Oh and yes... I wasted a lot on flight mastery. I regret that so much now. If I remember correctly, there was a time when the highest possible boutique wings weren't as fast as natural wings with flight mastery maxed. Times have either changed or I had a brain **** and remembered wrong. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well my lv81 helmet req need 125str wish gives 300 deff 169+190 plus garnet it wooot massive deff also refine and u could get 500 hp do the matb:chuckle

I have an arcane helmet, level 81, with three "Physical Resistance +69" blue stats, +3, with three beautiful citrines in it. b:chuckle I would prefer that and the extra 60 or so mag I would free up to the helmet any day.

With gear, my build is 67 Vit, 50 Str, 9 Dex (One of my gears adds it for some reason :<), and 410 Mag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I never ever went white and im not in TW fac. still, i sharded with garnets and decided to make up for hp loss with higher refine level because... i died too easily to phys mobs and bossess. you cant spend your whole life in plume shield b:surrender

support / attack matters only on lower levels when you dont have enough spirit and coin to buy skills. still i recommend balance: you need some attacks because you wont always play in squad, and you need heals to be able to get into squad at all. set plume shot, cyclone and ironheart as priorities, keep them up to level and buy rest of skills later depending on which you find you need most.

build: i have 45 base vit and without barb buff im at 3,8 k hp (not done with refining yet, i just hate doing it :/ ). i can survive 1-3 soulbanisher as only cleric. im actually thinking about restatting some of that vit into mag... b:chuckle

never said anyone had to do that just whats kind of a general idea. I rarely use plume shell (only really in duels) and I do just fine pve with my measly 5 vit

Also glad to hear you agree with me about needed a balanced set of skills
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Also glad to hear you agree with me about needed a balanced set of skills

hihi... i argued only with pve / tw sharding with garnets and pve and carebears with citrines idea. im a carebear with garnets and immediately felt the difference (my 70 and 80 sets were full citrines)
    apart from that i completely agreed with you, i like your sig a lot and rest of my post was directed to OP - my opinion on skills and names of playstyles, and also some of my build if she ever wanted to compare different solutions to problem of 'never enough points to have all i want' b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    hihi... i argued only with pve / tw sharding with garnets and pve and carebears with citrines idea. im a carebear with garnets and immediately felt the difference (my 70 and 80 sets were full citrines)
    apart from that i completely agreed with you, i like your sig a lot and rest of my post was directed to OP - my opinion on skills and names of playstyles, and also some of my build if she ever wanted to compare different solutions to problem of 'never enough points to have all i want' b:laugh

The reason I shard with citrines is that in high instances mag aoe can still be pretty deadly and from some math i looked at in the archer forum about how hp and defence relate in terms of how much damage can be taken. thats all. Once i get my TT90 I will still probably shard main armor with citrines but might throw garnets on the hat and cape. And I do carry phys def ornaments with me for phys mobs and instances.

imo shards are a personal preference based on what you do and how you play

and +1 to never having enough points. I am not where I want to be at this point on all my skills but I have the basics covered. Mostly a coin problem for me though 400k just for the next weild thunderb:sad not to mention tempest. but I know my 5 mil+ spirit wont go very far once i start getting lvl 11 skillsb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    im FSC(full support cleric), but i don't have any point added in vit, just pure mag. i have vit/p.def gears. best heals, best dmg, and that is what you need to be full support. At bosses where i often see others clerics die i can survive alone, its more fun.

While I agree that pure mag yields the best heals and best damage, how are you surviving bosses when other clerics who statted vit die? You will be the very first one to drop due to your lack of HP. I know this from 100 levels of having 3 vit. :P At low 9x I could heal a tank without a single charm tick in Belial, but I will always be the first one to drop from his AoE (until I started using level 8 pdef charm, of course). But really, if your mindset is entirely on healing, a vit build would be more viable since you would survive longer to heal the tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

lol I had a better one! 3 star, 4 socket lvl 81 helm with 2x phys defence bonus as well as -%req. b:victory
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:shocked The Revival of FAC and FSC

/facepalm
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well u wana ask for my helm bonusses fine it have 169 + 198 on it even with 69%3 u only can get close to 169 deff
    aww about that i gone 4socket it with lv8 garnets
    and refine it to lv5 damn i wana use it now with all those garnet/refines
    sux being ub:shutup
  • Nieka - Harshlands
    Nieka - Harshlands Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I messed around with a few builds and haveing 100vit on a cleric made a small diff to health and phys def but it also lowered the mag attack by quite a bit so i would say not to put vit on a cleric but thats just what i think.
  • KR_Fang - Dreamweaver
    KR_Fang - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    While I agree that pure mag yields the best heals and best damage, how are you surviving bosses when other clerics who statted vit die? You will be the very first one to drop due to your lack of HP. I know this from 100 levels of having 3 vit. :P At low 9x I could heal a tank without a single charm tick in Belial, but I will always be the first one to drop from his AoE (until I started using level 8 pdef charm, of course). But really, if your mindset is entirely on healing, a vit build would be more viable since you would survive longer to heal the tank.

This is why clerics have plume shell, spark, wings of protection, guardian light and genies to help them to survive.
    And what were you doing in his aoe...