Can Assassins Own at PK or do they just get "One Hitted".

Options
Aquaknight - Lost City
Aquaknight - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
I was reading through another topic and the further through I got the more negaitives there were against assassins in PvP.

Now, I started 3 days ago, with my assassin who's level 24 (85%). I've trained him and made his build PvP based. But. According to this other topic, Assassin's just get "One Hitted" due to there incredibly high damage but unbelievebly low HP. I was wondering, can assassins own at PKing and what would they need? (A slight change in my Stats, say... 1 ViT every 3 levels?)

Thanks!

-AquaKnight [Lost City]

P.S Basically, I'm asking if:
1. Assassins have a chance of Owning in PK
2. If my pure dex, pvp skill based build need to change to become better at PvP at 30+ (50 is a better point to start)
Post edited by Aquaknight - Lost City on

Comments

• Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver
    Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    umm you have a skill that prevents being one hitted...
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    naw... they usually get 2-hitted.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Jeran - Harshlands
    Jeran - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    depends on how u wanna play, they own at sneaking at ppl when they grind, but sucks at face to face combat unless they do the whole invisible-stun hit and run thing. Defo not as fun as barb and Bm thoughb:thanks
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hit someone being targeted by someone else then run with shadow escape. b:chuckle
    Before someone target you. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Zytrate - Harshlands
    Zytrate - Harshlands Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sins totally own in PvP ;) and Sin > Archer anyday b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1) 1 vit every 3 levels is not 'pure dex', ijs. 2) No sin can be 1 shot unless on Deaden Nerves CD, 2 shot, yes, but not just 1 shot. b:chuckle

And to answer your PvP question, my sin (lvl 59) is not the greatest statted, or geared, sin, but I still take on many assailants and win. Hell, when I was in my 4x range, I was ambushed by a couple 6x players, and I beat them. Granted, I would have been 1 shot if I didn't have DN up, but I survived to take them both down. Maybe they just sucked, but I can't deny the possibility that it was my class that allowed me to beat them.

TL;DR: Yes, 'Sins can own at PK.
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver
    Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well,,, err they gank good? :D lol

yeah at later lvls ull just die

Barb > Anti stunn, stunn, arma(even other), dead

edit: So if they suprise atack you can take 50% of our hp down maybe?
    9x Barb
    6x Seeker
    6x BM
    6xCleric
    [SIGPIC]http://i38.tinypic.com/nco6ts.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Zoll - Dreamweaver
    Zoll - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    As soon as they pop up WoB>stun>unleash hell. 'nuff said. Oh! and if they stealth up before you can end it fly into the air, they'll most likely come up after you thinking you're trying to get away, then you stun>HF>TE their squishy asses. Not like they can say you were scared since they had to stealth just to live.b:laugh

(btw why is my avatar black, I'm white dammit! >:O)
    The Blademaster motto: Stun, stun, and stun some more!!
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    im gunna one hitted the next guy to say "hitted'! go back to 3rd grade damnit!

but anyways...you cant one shot what you cant see ;) and we are no more or less squishy then archers damnit! so none of this archers talking smack **** im seein. i can beat any archer my lvl any day of the week
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    naw... they usually get 2-hitted.
    ^made me laugh.
    luckiely for us we "always" get the first attack, so we sure can own in pvp(depends on the class we are fighting). after some encounters with a barb i developed a damn good combo :

Stealth -> Windpush(opposite direction of barb) -> Inner Harmony -> Maze Steps = 100% Survival Combo

Call me a coward but its really not worth the trouble fighting a barb...takes quite the time...and besides we are here for archers and arcanes anyway.

<-- Damn Avatar froze again.
  • Infliction - Raging Tide
    Infliction - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If an assassin doesnt manage to kill me by the time their stuns wear off, if I get lucky and pop off a zerk crit, that normally manages to 1 shot, I've even just gotten lucky and 1 shot them before with a demon sparked hit.