When does assassin life not suck?

Fruitluips - Lost City
Fruitluips - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Assassin
When the expansion first came out, I had a sin to 26 before I deleted it and made a Psychic. I now have a new one (who will have the mold daggers when he hits 22) at 20 right now, and it's still a bit agonizing. What's an efficient pve combo to minimize damage the mob does to you? Right now I'm making heavy use of bleed and slipstream, but I still take a load of damage.
Post edited by Fruitluips - Lost City on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I say assassin was the hardest class on early lv now. b:cry
    Remember always use life powder or ask your best friend cleric to help you. (no slavery please)

Before you getting skills to disable, bloodpaint, deaden nerver, shadow jump, and shadow escape
    assassin was so easy to die.
    (for me even more easier to die than when playing wizard or cleric)

Anyway before getting most of your disable . . life is hard. b:surrender
    And remember to always use sparks, since you can gain it so easily as assassin.
    From what i heard they start doing good at high lv, killing fast and use hp pots rarely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Pheonix_rise - Archosaur
    Pheonix_rise - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Assassins get easier at around 40-50 but they will always take a lot of damage. I have a lvl 63 sin on dreamweaver and is using a pvp build, I run through about 100 pots every hour or so. expensive but i 2 hit mobs most of the time
  • Rattle - Lost City
    Rattle - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Pve on a sin is the easiest class I have played. I have a 99+ mage and 7x bm that I lvled without the use of any oracles/hyper exp.

Blood paint and tackling slash make a sin one of the easiest pve classes (I've heard that veno's are easier)

Ranged mobs are especially easy with a sin since with tackling slash they cannot run away. And also some mobs are unable to attack you back if you tackling slash them and than start normal attacking inside the mob.

With all the chi I get I can spark on every mob I attack and kill it within seconds (with bloodpaint I break even on HP lost)

<5x sin with pure dex build.
    edited March 2010
    Pve on a sin is the easiest class I have played. I have a 99+ mage and 7x bm that I lvled without the use of any oracles/hyper exp.

Blood paint and tackling slash make a sin one of the easiest pve classes (I've heard that veno's are easier)

<5x sin with pure dex build.

How about your early lv ? b:chuckle

Anyway i don't think there any class can become more easier on pve than venomancer. b:surrender

I want to know what is the preparations of everyone who saying " assassin were one of the easiest class on pve. " b:pleased
    At last on early lv where your skills not complete yet, but if everyone want to add for higher lv just say it. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Gets a bit easier when you first get Bloodpaint, though it won't completely cover the HP lost just yet. Once you get to 59 and can constantly double spark, it's really easy since sparking=more damage=more heal.
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Assassin really is the easiest PvE class besides Venomancer, you just have to know your limit and what your skills can do. Puncture Wound then Deep Sting, and let the mob bleed out till it wakes up. On any mob that does physical melee only, use a bow to lure them in and get at least 3-5 shots depending on their natural speed. Get a genie and teach it Second Wind, and put all your stats into Str for it to maximize the effect of the skill. Use your sparks whenever you can, we have enough skills to get that chi back easily along with our attack speed. Use Life Powder and your grinding will be cake. After you get Blood Paint, as long as you spam your sparks there is no reason you should ever have to use pots except for that emergency heal when Second Wind is still cooling down and Blood Paint isn't working fast enough.

Most importantly, look at the guides available for Assassins. Each of them have something to offer to help you know what to do.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm kinda lvling a sin now too. she's lvl 9 x.x ^^'
    I bought her a bow and some arrows :o put the bow on a hotkey just like the daggers.
    Just shoot the mob from afar, by the time it reaches u u already cut a big part of it's hp :P
    don't know though if this will work on later lvls ^^'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    My Assassin just reached lvl.80 and it's never been easier...barely loses health with Bloodpaint and she's a pure dex.

Get as many -interval gears as you can and keep sparking. Timing your spark against an incoming powerful attack helps as well.
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    I'm kinda lvling a sin now too. she's lvl 9 x.x ^^'
    I bought her a bow and some arrows :o put the bow on a hotkey just like the daggers.
    Just shoot the mob from afar, by the time it reaches u u already cut a big part of it's hp :P
    don't know though if this will work on later lvls ^^'

It works well on any mob that does only physical melee. It will also work on mobs that use only spells and like to spam that MP degen skill. If you use a double spark, you can skill any Sacrificial Assault mob before it has a chance to even touch you, regardless of attack type.
    edited March 2010
    After reading those replies . . not so much different o.o . . i am even preparing mantou, hallowen candy, apothecary potions, normal potions,
    Hmm i dunno why i am died a lot . . as assassin on early lv.
    The idea of la armor + melee = maybe not for me ? b:surrender

Because i am almost not died as BM (fist), wizard, cleric, and archer on those lv. b:sweat

Maybe just because of me, the players ? >.<
    Guess assassin not for those who like to rush around, but i try. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    As others have said, it kinda sucks pre bloodpaint (lvl 34), but what I did was use puncture wound - slipstream - auto attack. Generally those two skills knocked enough hp off of the mobs that I didn't get hit too much while auto-attacking. You'll always get hit (not every attack, but you will get hit a little throughout the fight), so unfortunately you'll use hp pots fairly often. Once you get bloodpaint, it helps, a little. I would just say learn which skills you can stop the mob from attacking you (puncture wound-sleeping them) or you can just kite them by using knife throw - run - knife throw - etc. Once you get to 56, get Cloud Thorn which has the Holy effect (chance to increase hp by 5% and remove all debuffs). I haven't noticed the +5% hp proc TOO much, but it does help once in a while.

tldr: You get hit more than you'd probably like. Just keep hp pots on you, get Bloodpaint when you can, and meditate often. : / Also, when you can get Ribstrike, do it. Even at low levels, 30% lower attack rate helps you get hit less. Other than that, if you can squad with someone, do it. Either you will get hit less because the mob dies quicker, or you will get hit less because the mob will be aggro'd on someone else.
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • secura1761
    secura1761 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    im new assassin wise and im not sure how to get the ability to transform into a mermaid. help me out?
    cute,cool,popular!!!
  • secura1761
    edited March 2010
    secura1761 wrote: »
    im new assassin wise and im not sure how to get the ability to transform into a mermaid. help me out?

i heard it was learnd from ur trainer or something is this true?
    if you can just look at my profile and put it on my privet messages or in my inbox
    bye
    cute,cool,popular!!!
  • /Krue - Heavens Tear42
    /Krue - Heavens Tear42 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The assassin combo you're gunna wanna use it this.

(optional) Throwing knife *to lure the mob to you*
    Puncture wound
    deep sting
    (if successful don't attack the mob, let it bleed out damage and walk into the mob, right inside of it, and wait for sleep to come off)
    Regular attack to finish.
  • Krue/ - Lost City
    Krue/ - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    if you can just look at my profile and put it on my privet messages or in my inbox
    bye

Puncture wound
    deep sting
    (if successful don't attack the mob, let it bleed out damage and walk into the mob, right inside of it, and wait for sleep to come off)

Correct!

tenchar111111111
  • idence26
    idence26 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Puncture wound
    deep sting

Yep, I dont see what the fuss is about with leveling sins at lower levels??? I made it to lv 26in two days which I dont think is too bad, and now that there is double exp going on (so I've heard) I hope to hit 30 + tonight after work.

Are you all using 4/1 agility/str? If not I would re-roll. But I am a n00b. so i could be wrong. Sins damage comes from agility only need a bit of str to equip our gear. Use HP stone in slots if you can and like said before life powder (+50 per second stone) = finishing up 4-5 quest and turn in for level.
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I just have to call BS on someone's post from earlier. I will say that PvE has been easier on my sin then it was on my cleric. However someone posted that at lvl 63 they 2 hit most mobs. I would like to know if they are fighting mobs 20 levels below them or the ones the same level. Or am I doing something wrong? I have a dex build level 63 Sin. None in Vit or Magic and just enough to wear LA for my level. 2 hit most mobs? Methinks you are just polishing your epeen. It takes me about 4-6 hits.

With second wind I probably go through about 20-30 hp pots an hour of just pure grinding and 20-30 mp pots.
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    idence26 wrote: »
    Yep, I dont see what the fuss is about with leveling sins at lower levels??? I made it to lv 26in two days which I dont think is too bad, and now that there is double exp going on (so I've heard) I hope to hit 30 + tonight after work.

Are you all using 4/1 agility/str? If not I would re-roll. But I am a n00b. so i could be wrong. Sins damage comes from agility only need a bit of str to equip our gear. Use HP stone in slots if you can and like said before life powder (+50 per second stone) = finishing up 4-5 quest and turn in for level.

Well, for more advanced players, I would agree full Dex is the way to go. However, for the person just starting out who doesn't know how much they can take, it is better to do Hybrid or Vit build. I use Hybrid, and I find that I am doing better than I had with the Dex build I experimented with. At 35, with Hybrid, I can take up to 3 mobs at once attacking me (with Life Powder, pots, and Second Wind) whereas with Dex (same level/mobs) I find it much more difficult to take all those hits at once. While I could use HP stones to make up for that with full Dex, using them on a Hybrid gives me even more HP and more hits I can take.

So a full Dex build isn't a wrong build. It is simply much better for PvP than the others, which are better suited for PvE.
  • Jander - Raging Tide
    Jander - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well, for more advanced players, I would agree full Dex is the way to go. However, for the person just starting out who doesn't know how much they can take, it is better to do Hybrid or Vit build. I use Hybrid, and I find that I am doing better than I had with the Dex build I experimented with. At 35, with Hybrid, I can take up to 3 mobs at once attacking me (with Life Powder, pots, and Second Wind) whereas with Dex (same level/mobs) I find it much more difficult to take all those hits at once. While I could use HP stones to make up for that with full Dex, using them on a Hybrid gives me even more HP and more hits I can take.

So a full Dex build isn't a wrong build. It is simply much better for PvP than the others, which are better suited for PvE.

I've been playing this game for two days and the dex build works for me and I'm by far advanced, not saying the hybrid build is not a good one, i'm just saying with dex build you get max damage and should level pretty fast. I would also be interested in what skills people are leveling and what they are not leveling. There are a few skills that I dont think sins need to max out early. I stick with the big boys only and crit over 2K a lot. 2-3 mobs at 23-24 level range dont give me problems. DoT- Sleep next target big hitter- DoT -sleep next target DoT -sleep finish off the remains.

I guess either people dont understand the class or they have played RDPS classes in the past. MDPS classes are very fun and alway easy to level if you know how to play them. Read the forums there is a ton of great info about this classs.
  • Laurrella - Dreamweaver
    Laurrella - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    bye

You do learn it from the assassin trainer. The skill is called Tide Form. It only works in water and you should probably just stick with level 1 until you get high enough level to have spirit to burn.
    Laurrixa - 64 Sin
  • secura1761
    edited March 2010
    thanks i just love the mermaids look!
    cute,cool,popular!!!
  • Laurrella - Dreamweaver
    Laurrella - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    what's even cooler I think is when you rise to the surface and activate your wings. In that couple of seconds of transition you are a flying mermaid.
    Laurrixa - 64 Sin
  • Ahknatn - Heavens Tear
    Ahknatn - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    hotkey a bow, use it...
    shoot till aproach,switch, (puncture), deep sting(or tacling when ur high enough to get it), run,switch,shoot

if you slide onto shore while a mermaid if you jump or doublejump ul still be a mermaid for a few seconds, if u only jump once, you will dive beneath the soil and emerge back in leg form.
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    I've been playing this game for two days and the dex build works for me and I'm by far advanced, not saying the hybrid build is not a good one, i'm just saying with dex build you get max damage and should level pretty fast. I would also be interested in what skills people are leveling and what they are not leveling. There are a few skills that I dont think sins need to max out early. I stick with the big boys only and crit over 2K a lot. 2-3 mobs at 23-24 level range dont give me problems. DoT- Sleep next target big hitter- DoT -sleep next target DoT -sleep finish off the remains.

I guess either people dont understand the class or they have played RDPS classes in the past. MDPS classes are very fun and alway easy to level if you know how to play them. Read the forums there is a ton of great info about this classs.

Dex build works good with someone who knows what they are doing. Many people though are new to the class still and I keep hearing people who were formerly archers think that it will be just as easy, and it's not. Archer can afford to go with full Dex very easily because they can kite for maximum effectiveness. We can only kite effectively if we are much faster than the mob, or if we take a hit every so often.

As far as the skills, really its probably best to look at the guides. They will give you a variety of views on why each skill should or should not be leveled.