My Opinion On Guilds

silentsliver
silentsliver Posts: 14 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Edited for ease of reading and clarity

1.) Rules are up to the leaders and guilds orientation. In any case most rules sprout from the main universal rules Be nice, Be honest, Be mature, and have fun.
Even PvP groups can run quite well off these rules. More rules are for known exploits and are added depending on the leaders choice to impliment them or not.

2.)Ironfist ruleing: Punishment is a very important thing, you will always find some people who just do not get along or are just immature, thats just MMO life. How you deal with a situation decides how good a leader you are.
I for one usually request a screenshot (best choice) and/or Chat log (second choice) to give me a clear and proper understanding of what happened. Depending on the severity of the incident it can be as simple as a warning to being placed on a KOS tracker and guild removal, it is all up to the decision of me or the officer who is dealing with it. I am always fair to any member and give them the chance they deserve.

3.) Friend or Qualification?: A large problome I see with guilds is they give friends promotions to high power roles. Remember your friend can be lousey at dealing with his/her anger, or just not be a good representation of the guild, they also may not have what it takes to run the position they were given properly.

A leader is unbiased and takes each incident and should act on it in a mature and fair way.

4.) Ventrillo/VOIP requires so little MB of overhead that it will not mess with gameplay at all. If you are already lagging you require eithor to a.)upgrade your video card or b.) Play the game on performance mode. Ventrillo (for those who dont know) can create channels to be in, you can have a quiet music channel, for you people who want to have things quiet for whatever reason, PvP channel, TW channel, and PVE channels and any other channel you wish to create.
That being said a deff person (saying this silly part b/c of a comment) can still use ventrillo for file transferrs and vent has a chat system (typeing) that has text to speech. If you dont want to be in vent or hear the talking just drop down a level, it just allows the guild to know who is online and quickly alert you of threats.
It's worked very well in the past and seems to not hamper people with 5-6 year old laptops at all.
Being so simple to use and it costing you (the renter) Real money, I would expect that it get full use or why have it if only 70% of the people use it?
This is more for PvP or TW guilds.

5.)AFG:I play leader very seriously, because my members are that important to me. I want to make shure that no one is being belittled and their game time being degraded. I also know it is a game and know RL comes first, I am totally cool with that, just let someone know if your leaving for a bit and when you think you may be back no reason needed, just allows us to not boot you for inactivity, and thats only if your going to be gone for like a month or something.

6.) Drama: is a great thing and is needed to spice things up. I have however a zero tollerance for bad drama, that follows fighting, bullying, trash talking excessively, emo rageing, etc... This is determined by an officer and me, it helps makesure that people dont get into a tussel over a silly game, and/or so that the guilds name is not soiled (which leads down a bad road) I do not punish for all drama, but keep in within reason.

Will be adding more as topics arise in other comments.

I lead fairly and put alot of time into any guild because seeing others have fun is the greatest accomplishment I can get being a guild leader.
Dedication is needed in all aspects of life.
Post edited by silentsliver on

Comments

• BattleFairy - Lost City
    BattleFairy - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    "what is the gole of your guild"

go back to school
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    personally I wouldn't join your fac. You make too many rules and punishing members cause they don't use vent is just dumb
  • TreeDee - Raging Tide
    TreeDee - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Typing isn't slow.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    "what is the gole of your guild."

You sound like you know your stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    My goodness!

Good luck with finding and keeping members then.

Honestly, if you have so many rules and regulations people won't enjoy being in the faction. In my faction there are 2 rules, #1 have fun, and #2 no excesive *bleeping* in the chat. I expect out of everyone to follow the basic golden rules that you learned in Kindergarden, if not then we'll teach them to you.b:mischievous Since its so simple people have more freedom to enjoy themselves.

In my opinion, the best way to run a faction is to have it run by itself. If it becomes a "job" then why have it; PWI is a game and why should I play a game if its not fun anymore. For drama and other problems, have others intervene and aid in the situation. I can't be on every singe day so I trust in my faction-mates to keep it runing smooth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I wouldn't join your faction unless there were many, many exceptions to those rules.

Keep in mind the faction size here. 200 is max for highest level faction, and a majority of faction won't have that many, maybe between 100 and 150, and not all of those are active.
    Do not Talk trash in world.
    Never Talk trash to anyone member or non member.

Why do you need the first rule when the second one is there?

Also, there are many contentions about the difference between "PK" and "PvP". So saying "You can PvP but not PK" isn't clear at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree, who needs rules, its a game right?
    the whole point of the faction im in is that everyone enjoys the game the way your supposed to, help eachother out and other such things. As our leader says our factions like a family, and thats what we are and I enjoy it :)

too many rules are for boring people :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baalrunner
    baalrunner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol i agree also, this is GAME, this guy wants to start a legiit pwi army lol
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Always fight drama zero-tolerance.

Yes, you should never allow zero-tolerance to drama, because without it things are boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Honestly, some people take factions toooooo seriously.

A faction is just a hang-out spot imo. lol

Offer help, chat, mess around, etc, etc

But the guild you want, it is just a dream. You will always have drama and conflict, its unavoidable. Rules themselves can kill a faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    U make your faction sound like some professional company.God damnit,THIS IS A GAME.Why the hell does the Faction LEader need real life skills and management.Why the helld oes a faction need a HR department.My faction is pretty organized w/o a HR department.
    Of course,factions need some rules.But if u make it so strict,u might as well make it army style.Do not PK or PvP ppl and dont PK and PvP members?So what can those on PvP servers do,may I ask?
    U do realise any Faction Leader and Director will not just promote any1 to Executor/Marshal.Redundant point
    So what if we don't have a website or vent.Some ppl might not view the website everytime anyways.Some ppl(like me) also don't have microphones or w/e.So now we get punished for not going on vent.I disagree typing is too slow.I can constantly spam my faction chat till the point everyone ignores me.
    NO DRAMA?WHERE ALL THE FUN GOb:cry

I suggest u make and army and enforce this.This ain't real life,it's a bloody game.(well,mayb except for the cash shoppers who pass their paycheck to PWE)
  • silentsliver
    edited March 2010
    Thank you for all the criticism (Being completely honest)
    I do not like the unnecessary immature comments as they do not give constructive material I can work with, but for those who answered maturely and honestly my thanks goes to you.

Onto my post

I understand my way of playing factions is different and considered strict. I believe depth is needed to answer questions that were not properly dealt with.

The big one is drama,
    drama many times, leads to unnecessary fighting. Once you begin fighting over and defending territory, there will be plenty of time for drama. Now I do not expect people to act like zombies either. Just keep it reasonable, to be determined by the Faction Leader.

Another thing I see in the comments and it is a very good one is along the lines is “IT IS JUST A GAME” and you are right. RL takes priority, but to run a PvP group to contend with territory control and other such things takes time and organization.

When you say that you let your guild just be and run it self, that is completely fine. I have no problem with that. The style of guild running I am talking about is a PvP oriented and dedicated guild, meant to be competitive in in-game guild warfare. I really do enjoy PVE guilds or less strict guilds to run my-self because I do not have the RL money now a days to host a website or a Ventrillo. And with school I do not have the time to coordinate such a community.

Back to drama, most of the time it is permitted, it's when you get those people who take it too far and then it becomes a problem.
    There is good drama and bad drama, good is innocent and harms no one and is rather welcomed. Bad is trash talking using the guilds name and saying we will KOS them and/or bickering with a member about how “he/she should quit for failing so bad.” and then a fight or hurt feelings follow, this is an MMO and drama is welcome and expected but it should be watched closely and the zero-tolerance enters the picture when it goes too far.

Onto rules,
    rules can kill a faction if they have loopholes in them.
    Also expect people to fight, it is unavoidable. It is sad but true, and having people to deal with them when they arise is a must. All rules should be set into place to ensure that players are able to have as much fun with as little hardship as possible.

A great pointer is Helping others. This is and should be the first plan of any guild. Usually having a training guild that trains and levels members for the main guild is very smart and welcomed. It helps the community and improves the game overall. Also a guild is truly a hang out spot. That's why you want active members,

imagine entering a guild where everyone is off doing their own thing or inactive or alts, just being there for the talk, never in it to get together and be a community.

Now imagine a community of people when you log on there are active people who ask you whats up and incorporate you into the guild thus there are many things to be done, help quest, help the low lvls with their FB's, defend territory, get into a large party and grind together while discussing whatever. Your experience is greatly increased.
    Thank you (Knownase) for your extremely big pointer ^^.

(Aadi) in my rules I am trying to stress truly how important it is to be “polite” and let your PvP do the talking. There would is a simple setup ,
    be polite, be mature and have fun. And that would be interpreted by the Faction Leader and his/her Officers. Those are the golden rules and they more than suffice.

A guild must be like a family, you cannot have a family always fighting or doing everything for them selves. It just will crumble and fall apart, rules are needed, people wont be worried about the rules if they don't break them,if you follow the golden ones why should anyone be angry?

The buddy system in a PvP guild is good because, who wants to lose that expensive armor they got and worked so very hard for? going along with a buddy always is better and more so, they both gain something, either items, or EXP or both and are actively helping each-other, so you have better chance of not being PK'ed, and also it gives everyone a better sense of community.

Remember after all I have said, this is for a Competitive PvP guild, not a laid back guild. I have no problomes and really enjoy those type guilds as well they make the game learn-able, I also enjoy PvP guilds for the fights and strategy involved.

PvP guilds need a structured system, a social guild focuses on a diferent but still importante aspect of an MMO.

Please continue with your posts, if you are confused please state so in your comments or PM me, I am online a lot and enjoy answering questions or clearing up misunderstandings.

I always think of the guilds well being and impact on the primary goal of any faction and that is fun.
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This is no game! This is SPARTA!!!!!

Or at least thats all I could understand from what you wrote.
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    next time you write an essay, use spell check b:laugh
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Arrgh, no offense to you silentsilver, even though I read most of your post, and more or less agree with MOST of what you said, there is some things... as others mentioned... is a bit... off, not to mention I didn't read it all partly because there was no breaks in between paragraphs, it was hard to read. ;/

Anyways, now onto my post, while like I said I agree with most of what you said, I do believe you are coming off a bit... well... harsh, and perhaps too much to the point.

I mean that what I believe part of what you meant is that if a faction is going to have rules, and continue to be a threat in the TW scene in the future then the leaders, officers, and even members really need to be on the there best behavior at ALL times, which I agree with completely, however, as I am sure you know, NO guild can be 100% drama... free, as in there will undoubtedly be members who are rude to others, that can not be helped. Though when the leaders and officers... like my previous guild... who shall remain nameless (to try and prevent unwanted backlash) seem to act like well... like they did, (again trying to prevent from pointing out what I feel they did wrong to prevent... unwanted comments) it really reflects badly on the guild, perhaps if they had a appointed.. neutral party like a guild representative, then perhaps things would have played out differently... for me at least.

There is such a thing as being too lenient when it comes to rules. Sure if you want to let it be that people can curse, then fine so be it, I could care less if I am part of a conversation that is using a lot of curse words, but that doesn't mean I don't want me... or other people to not be forewarned about the content of a room in vent or whatever. I am not a parent yet, (perhaps never will be, especially if I continue to be as much into games as I am now) but my nephew does visit here often, I don't want to go into a ventrilo room, and run a risk of him being... prematurely introduced to a word, sure there are headphones, to prevent 'unwanted' hearing of certain words, but seriously if I am not ok with my nephew hearing words/conversations about a certain subject, then I can only imagine what parents would think, of there kids being exposed to certain conversations. Besides ever tried to listen with headphones on while a kid is around? That is just not possible. =x

So in short, if you are going to allow something then the least you all could do is make SURE people know what is going on in there before they enter a room, and if you are going to make a rule, and you yourself doesn't follow it, how do you expect others to take not only the rule serious, but you as well?

As far as always being on vent/teamspeak... well I like my music too much its addicting I for one am rarely on vent. =x

EDIT: One more thing that I forgot to mention, some leaders really do 'just' promote there 'friends' or do it by a PUBLIC voting process, which in my honest opinion is a real bad idea, because well those people are hardly ever the 'right' people for the job, especially when they nominate themselves.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    wow everyone find out what the name of his guild is and what server he is on and put him on KOS list now!!!!!!!!!!!!

but serouisly im faction-less atm(kinda of a faction hopper but so far the only faction ive liked is justified and i want to go back) and well you said vent is a must and i would get punished if im not in vent that really bothered me the most and you'r post was really confusing because you said things that contradicted each other soo ya i wouldnt just your faction because of 1.too many rules 2.your too strick about you'r rules 3.there too many rules.
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I can see using Vent for TWs, but forcing ppl to use it in regular gameplay? Ummmm, if youre trying to kill your guild, then keep this rule. Also, when it comes to PK/PvP/whatever the hell you wanna call it, if you wanna do that, its fine with me. Just dont come b***hing when you die and lose a few items if you dont have any Scrolls on you. Ive been an officer in guilds before, and the big thing that keeps them alive is MINIMAL interference from on high. Be around if someone has a prob and needs an officer, but otherwise, dont start pulling rank on them every 10 mins. That'll just **** ppl off, and kill your guild in a heartbeat. Make sure whatever rules you have are simple, and clearly explained. And for gods sake, dont make a huge number of them. In short, PWI is a GAME, and guilds are just a way to have fun with others, and get some help if need be.

Also, cut down on the wall o' text, or clean it up some. Cause i couldnt get halfway thru either of the OPs posts without everything running together. Just, too much....stuff.
  • acryllis
    acryllis Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The OP is sounding like Vork from The Guild.

I appreciate the time you spent writing this post, and you sharing your ideas with the community (which is what it's for in the first place!) but i think that not many people would want to play for a faction/guild that is this strict and held back. However i do agree with some points like no PKing of your own members and no trash talking for no reason.

But some of those requirements are a little absurd. Ventrilo/VOIP?? or else you get punished? Also, you are better off in a guild that has much fewer members. It can get confusing playing with people who are 12 hours before or after your own time zone, AKA rarely/never being online at the same time.
    Aflac
  • silentsliver
    edited March 2010
    wow everyone find out what the name of his guild is and what server he is on and put him on KOS list now!!!!!!!!!!!!

but serouisly im faction-less atm(kinda of a faction hopper but so far the only faction ive liked is justified and i want to go back) and well you said vent is a must and i would get punished if im not in vent that really bothered me the most and you'r post was really confusing because you said things that contradicted each other soo ya i wouldnt just your faction because of 1.too many rules 2.your too strick about you'r rules 3.there too many rules.
    You are coming off a bit... well... harsh, and perhaps too much to the point.
    next time you write an essay, use spell check b:laugh

I understand and thankyou for your comments. I rechecked my previous post and edited and added breaks. This time I will be writing it here not in word and copying and pasteing it here.

Ventrillo is nice because You can be in it but have a Quiet channel, a AFK channel, a Main Lobby, and PVE and PVP groups so your music is not inturupted, but if a threat is detected then people can Page you (your computer beeps) and you know there is an incomming threat. ^^. So there is no reason you cannot just do that. Having no mic is no problome, as long as you can hear it is better than nothing, As a leader you need to make the calls yourself, ventrillo and talking is faster than typeing I will not argue that any further as doing so is pointless.

I am sorry for sounding too harsh. Truely I did not intend to come off that way. I am mearly expressing a opinion and watching and takeing in the comments for my personal knowledge. I am not bashing anyone or putting down any style of play, it is my style I just want to know peoples opinions, and I have gotten them, and have enjoied reading many of them.

Punishment is up to the Leader or officer who is handeling the incident.

I completely agree with not just promoting your friends. It is a bad choice, choose your officers and higher in command very carefully and slowly, those people represent your guild, they are expected to be the most level headed and mature players you know, as well as unbiased.

You complain about rules but really am I not just keeping other members from dealing with problems they should not have to deal with? Officers and Leaders should settle any dispute in a professional manner, using e-mail, screen shots (if possible) and chat logs (if possible). A decision should try to give both members the proper respect and chance they deserve. I am fair, not a tyrant, I look out for each members in-game well being because any member is an ally and a friend.

Keep the comments coming, I believe many who have posted don't have a clear picture of what I am trying to say. Keep asking questions. ^^
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Omg new season is finally out b:dirty
    or else you get punished?
    b:dirty Um.. how exactly are u gona punish me guild-master

If u running a serious, big tw guild sure u'll have rules... But if u only gona start out... I suggest taking a bit.. easy... or u gona have trouble keeping members...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silentsliver
    edited March 2010
    acryllis wrote: »

I appreciate the time you spent writing this post, and you sharing your ideas with the community (which is what it's for in the first place!) but i think that not many people would want to play for a faction/guild that is this strict and held back. However i do agree with some points like no PKing of your own members and no trash talking for no reason.

But some of those requirements are a little absurd. Ventrilo/VOIP?? or else you get punished? Also, you are better off in a guild that has much fewer members. It can get confusing playing with people who are 12 hours before or after your own time zone, AKA rarely/never being online at the same time.

Ventrillo is a free software, I do not expect you to run to the store and get one, but just be on it and be in the quiet music channel, that way we (ones with mics) and help you even faster, this also organizes larger guilds.

Thankyou for how polite your post was.

Punishment is after multipul offences, it really is not hard to do, and costs nothing to you just a few minnets to download it. Most of the time Officers would warn people and they will listen.

The Real life skills come into play with larger guilds, you need to organize according to timezone. You cannot just have one person eastern the rest in china, it just will not work. That persons experience will be dull and he/she will leave.
    Or at least say that this guild is mainly active in certian time zones.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Punishment is after multipul offences.

wow, you really wanna kill your guild dont you?
    srsly, we get the oddball in my faction who can flame up occasionally, and we jsut laugh it off, but isnt acting hard online supposed to be funny?

The Real life skills come into play with larger guilds, you need to organize .
    yeha, we have 1o0+ members, and we never organize anything, do you really think all of up are preppy businessmen who have to be on time?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    How are u planning to enforce these rules?
    Ventrillo is a free software, I do not expect you to run to the store and get one, but just be on it and be in the quiet music channel, that way we (ones with mics) and help you even faster, this also organizes larger guilds.
    Do u know there is such a thing as... um LAG? I get enough of that just being in a few mile radius of arch I don't need more garbage to clog up my pc. I realise some ppl like to hand out on vent/ts/w.e/skype, during bhs/rbs/etc. But all the time...

b:scorn So deaf ppl not accepted in your guild?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silentsliver
    edited March 2010
    Omg new season is finally out b:dirty

b:dirty Um.. how exactly are u gona punish me guild-master

If u running a serious, big tw guild sure u'll have rules... But if u only gona start out... I suggest taking a bit.. easy... or u gona have trouble keeping members...

Very true, but from experience, you first build a base of dedicated members, how do you find those members?
    Alot of time and patience. You cannot just jump into TW and expect to win, most likely you will be murdered. (correct me if I am wrong)

You begin the game as a "training guild" (use what ever name you wish) incorporating your mission statement and finding loyal members who fit the needed positions, this takes time and alot of it, not much work however, just time. Over this time you keep building the base of the guild and begin building upwards. As you reach around 50-60 active members (not including alts) (active meaning online around 2-4 times a week) thats when you begin even thinking of TW, you need a steady guild income and on top of all that, members must be 80-90, through team work and being a community you can achieve that in a shorter time than one would think.

Also know I am not a vetran on this game, but it seems (through reading the fourms) that this game is simmilar to other MMO's I have plaied.
  • silentsliver
    edited March 2010
    How are u planning to enforce these rules?

Do u know there is such a thing as... um LAG? I get enough of that just being in a few mile radius of arch I don't need more garbage to clog up my pc. I realise some ppl like to hand out on vent/ts/w.e/skype, during bhs/rbs/etc. But all the time...

b:scorn So deaf ppl not accepted in your guild?

Hmm, I will bring that up with my other MMO's second in command suppose deff people still should be on vent for file transferr purposes
    (our guild creates PDF documents of full tutorials free for games)
    , on the computer side of things, Vent has mabey 5-7 MB of overhead, if you do not have that much RAM i cannot believe what else you must be doing thats sucking all your ram up. Dual logging mabey, dual gameing likely.

I dont understand how hard such a simple thing is, and how vent has never lagged me out or lagged me up.

The prob you seem to be having is your graphics chip is not powerfull enough to process all the people on screen at once. Lower res and lower quality and poof it should be helped.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I hate those professional, srs bsns guilds that have stupid rules or punishments.

I prefer to you know, hang with friends, left to play at my own pace in my own way. Just using the guild itself as a friend list, only asking for physical help for group instances.

I hate to be talked down to by some snobby guild member who assumes superiority over people because of level / guild position.

I especially hate anyone who talks to people like some kind of tech support person saying **** like 'How may I help you?' instead of 'With what?/What?' when I ask for something.

I hate guilds that try and change people from being individual players to being respected, polite, mature people.

I like guilds where people can relax, and play the game rather than get too emotional over the game.

Guilds where no rules are enforced beyond the usual ToS in the game.

Guilds with decent pvpers who know what to do in most situations, and use guerilla warfare style pvp over gank style. (Guerilla is more, dirty fighting in small numbers to thin out larger groups)

I like banter as long as it doesn't get too immature. The only guild members I don't get along with are stupid people, anti-social people, carebear people, wannabe pvpers that switch sides when they lose, cash shoppers(major ones), braggers, whiney people, all talk cowards, prudish/soccer momish people etc.

As for Ventrilo, it doesn't bother me if people don't use it, but it does help you to make social connections and usually provides entertainment for grinding.

As for the people I hang out with on vent, we're a mixture. Americans, ANZAC's, UK. Time zone doesn't come into much, there's usually a point in time when everyone's on at once.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • acryllis
    acryllis Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The prob you seem to be having is your graphics chip is not powerfull enough to process all the people on screen at once. Lower res and lower quality and poof it should be helped.

OR you could simply take the blunt of **** graphics and click the "Best performance" button at the top left of the screen. Its not pretty, but its definitely smoother.
    Aflac
  • silentsliver
    edited March 2010
    wow, you really wanna kill your guild dont you?
    srsly, we get the oddball in my faction who can flame up occasionally, and we jsut laugh it off, but isnt acting hard online supposed to be funny?

yeha, we have 1o0+ members, and we never organize anything, do you really think all of up are preppy businessmen who have to be on time?

no, did i say that?
    i act serious because i have a USMC mentality.
    it does work and organization is better than none at all.
    ah you have 100+ members? is that no alts at all? do you even know your true human number? how many territores do you control?
    you are powerfull in numbers, your numbers are great.
    thankyou for your contributions but nexttime dont let pride take hold of you.
  • silentsliver
    edited March 2010
    acryllis wrote: »
    OR you could simply take the blunt of **** graphics and click the "Best performance" button at the top left of the screen. Its not pretty, but its definitely smoother.

I expect people to already have tried that.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Every faction has a few basic rules and guidelines. I think your faction might have too many though. In my faction, really just have fun, be nice to eachother, and help help help when you can :D. Of course all the basic rules like fights and stuff aren't accepted hehe.