Why are there banned regions?

xgrade
xgrade Posts: 21 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
I mean this is called international pwi if you use a proxy you shouldn't get insta banned QQ
But srsly this should be called north america pwi or something that isnt self contradicting b:surrender
Post edited by xgrade on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    International does not hold the same connotation as "Global". International means "between at least two nations". The two nations in this case are China (parent company), and America (child company).

The regions that are banned already have their own version of Perfect World.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • xgrade
    edited March 2010
    international Does Not Hold The Same Connotation As "global". International Means "between At Least Two Nations". The Two Nations In This Case Are China (parent Company), And America (child Company).

The Regions That Are Banned Already Have Their Own Version Of Perfect World.

Qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Wow, typical troll gets trolled...

b:cry

What has the world come to
  • xgrade
    edited March 2010
    Wow, typical troll gets trolled...

b:cry

What has the world come to

Lawlibored
  • Haxxz - Harshlands
    Haxxz - Harshlands Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The regions that are banned already have their own version of Perfect World.

What about all the European players? I thought there was a European version of PW?
  • QQlmfao - Dreamweaver
    QQlmfao - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    xgrade wrote: »
    I mean this is called international pwi if you use a proxy you shouldn't get insta banned QQ
    But srsly this should be called north america pwi or something that isnt self contradicting b:surrender

Take an eraseable marker and black out all the I's in PWI and the word International in Perfect World International everytime it pops up on your screen and replace it with North America Market Target with whiteout. I heard it's a great way to cure the Banned Region Blues
  • GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    What about all the European players? I thought there was a European version of PW?

Because they know alot of their players and income come from Europe. Banning the region would be very very bad for business
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It's all about the bussiness model with which PW operates in different regions. There are plenty of Latin American players despite there being spanish (Europe) and portuguese (Brasil) versions available. Eastern Europeans are also a sizable comunity alongside West Euros. There are many different reasons for this. For some access through the US is less complicated (i'm from Mexico) while others (myself included) may simply prefer to play with American english as a standard language. Oceanics are also a large group and i've even seen a handful of players from Africa and the Middle East.

Most (if not all) of the IP banned regions are in the Far East/Southeastern Asia region where PWE's bussiness model seems to operate on an exclusive rights basis for each country. I'm not sure what the situation is in Russia.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I knew plenty of russian players
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?