Infamy Recruiting!

Esuna - Raging Tide
Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Tideswell (East)
Infamy
... is recruiting all 70+ Clerics and Wizards, 75+ other classes! (yes fish people, you too!)
Before applying/joining there are probably some things you'd like to know...

Infamy who?
Infamy is currently one of RT's most succesful factions, owning most territories and having a large group of the server's high levels amongst our ranks.

So why would you need me?
As time passes, people decide to stop playing, move servers, or simply go on hiatus for a while. Every faction faces this issue at some point, Infamy is no different. Currently we have 155/200 people and climbing, so there's still plenty of room for more active players. The more the merrier, right?

What do you guys do anyway?
Infamy is a faction that mostly does higher level instances. FB/BH69/79/89/99, TT2-2/2-3/3-1/3-2/3-3 and Frostcovered City runs are daily instances that are being done multiple times a day in mostly East US timezones. Currently a handful are doing the Old map quests and Nirvana runs, we would welcome more people to join us in exploring these areas with us.

On the weekends, we participate in Territory Wars, a PvP event where we battle versus other factions or waves of monsters. A lot of us are fairly new to TW and are being guided by a core of players experienced with PK/PvP from other servers they played on. Besides getting to experience the thrill of massive PvP, members will be rewarded a part of the weekly TW earnings for participating in TWs. Some players choose to participate in PKing others randomly during the week, but there's no obligations to join PK parties or anything.

A bunch of us participate in conversations on Ventrilo, any member is welcome to join at any time for any reason, you have to bring your own beer and your best momma jokes to mock NightRage/Diesel/Motoko though.

So gaiz, I hurd u laik dramaz...
The most famous incidents are probably WC dramas. They involve pretty much any faction and I think there are very few players that haven't made sharp remarks over World Chat. Again, Infamy is no different. People will taunt others over World Chat and on these forums about their awesome killing spree and how they broke a lv80's scouter by doing over 9000. It can't be helped, and to be honest we don't expect everyone on their best behaviour at all times.

We have ground rules that can't be ignored though. Insulting faction mates and people in general on multiple occasions, stealing drops or being a bigot will have consequences. We have people of multiple ethnicities and sexual orientations in Infamy, so we don't tolerate ****-bashing and racism.

I like the concept of Infamy but... I don't like ____
Ah yes, the infamous "____ killed me, he is a jerk" incidents. We've had them before. In worse degrees than just multiple PKs. If you're mature enough, then usually our members are too in resolving trivial conflict. Unless it's something really awful, it can probably worked out. We're not asking you to become best friends with someone you had problems with before, but making peace is an offered option. First impressions aren't always everything.

Sounds good, where do I sign up?
Our homepage, http://infamy.rocks.it/ There is an APPLY TO INFAMY button in the top menu that will ask you to fill out some questions. Our members will be able to read what you wrote and add comments. You can also read the rules, look up the Officer names for more questions or just enjoy the small array of videos and articles posted by our members on our website. Usually your application is reviewed for a day or two, then you can PM us or we'll try to contact you.

inb4 tl;dr and drama,

Esuna, Infamy Director
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
Post edited by Esuna - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    O_O Dang...Why didnt you just post a link to your other recruitment thread?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Aww so much effort, it would be mean to not apply now xD *goin to apply*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Ok I will be contacted within the next 24 hrs b:thanks xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    b:kissb:kissb:kiss
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    O_O Dang...Why didnt you just post a link to your other recruitment thread?

If you meant the one Night originally made; outdated, sunk down to the depths of hell. If you meant the one Andro made (I dont even know if that one was a joke or not tbh) it purposely caused and attracted drama, it was the worst representation we could've had, that's not what I'm not looking for in this thread. We have 9999 other threads with/for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    Legend - Raging Tide Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    We need moar fish people!!!
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    *Sign's up . *

Nah nvm , I actually like to have a challenge in TWs b:dirty .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    *Sign's up . *

Nah nvm , I actually like to have a challenge in TWs b:dirty .

War vs QQme was surely the most challenging TW in this server up to date, so I'm not quite sure what you'd be looking for, it's either QQme vs Infamy or Random Faction -> Troll Faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Q_________Q - Archosaur
    Q_________Q - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    loooolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

gild bantar is dat way ↓
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well I see I'm no longer needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Sounds nice... think I'm gonna sign up

Oh wait wrong level I guess b:avoid b:surrender
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    it is my dream to join infamy lol. maybe someday b:surrender
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    Legend - Raging Tide Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    infamu sucks dont join it b:cute
    (waiting for esuna's banhamma)
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ToyTank - Raging Tide
    ToyTank - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    b:sad I want to apply again but, i hate rejection b:cry
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
    edited March 2010
    War vs QQme was surely the most challenging TW in this server up to date, so I'm not quite sure what you'd be looking for, it's either QQme vs Infamy or Random Faction -> Troll Faction.

Wrong ! That was Varden vs Tao : 3 full hour war , both factions equal in strength b:victory .

And there are also other "Random or Troll factions" , as you & others call them , that have good TWs in RT . You seem to think all other factions besides big bad Infamu & QQme are insignificant .

Newsflash : it's you and QQme who won't have any good TWs now unless you fight each other while other factions like Varden , Tao , Leviathan , Night , Haven , Dynasty , etc. can enjoy their weekly( even if it won't last for long , nothing does ) fun & challenging TWs .

GG .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Wrong ! That was Varden vs Tao : 3 full hour war , both factions equal in strength b:victory .

Timespan makes something a good war? Interesting.

And there are also other "Random or Troll factions" , as you & others call them , that have good TWs in RT . You seem to think all other factions besides big bad Infamu & QQme are insignificant .

You would know this because you are present in all TWs?

GG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010

Read the "BOTH FACTIONS EQUAL IN STRENGTH" too pls , thank you .

But I just LOL'ed at this .DUH , long wars usually mean factions are pretty much even . What you've just said make's it look like you've never experienced a good 3 hr TW before .

GG.

Erm....no comment lol , I already pretty much explained this above... . As long as their TWs last much more than your 5 -10 min steamrolls it usually mean's their having a better fight , It's just that simple .

You don't need to in their TWs to be able to tell that .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    So by your logic, one of the best wars on the server to date, was Eternity versus Outbidded?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I still think the best war so far was Insight vs Aurora, in TW week 3 or 4 I believe it was. We defended for 3 hours with much fewer players, though our average level was probably a little higher. They managed to get our crystal below 50% hp 2 or 3 times I think. level 7x BM 1 shotting every Aurora arcane with True Emptiness ftw b:victory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
    edited March 2010

GG.
    I still think the best war so far was Insight vs Aurora, in TW week 3 or 4 I believe it was. We defended for 3 hours with much fewer players, though our average level was probably a little higher. They managed to get our crystal below 50% hp 2 or 3 times I think. level 7x BM 1 shotting every Aurora arcane with True Emptiness ftw b:victory.

Finally , thank you , that's the whole point . I can't say if that or the Tao vs Varden was better since I probably wasn't even playing when Aurora fought Insight but regardless point was made .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    So by your logic, one of the best wars on the server to date, was Eternity versus Outbidded?

Yes. Equal in power and very long lasting. It shall go down in history as the most epic TW in the world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katori - Raging Tide
    Katori - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    it was the worst representation we could've had, that's not what I'm not looking for in this thread.

Yes...typing "lolumad" repeatedly in WC and during pk wars is a perfect representation of Infamy.b:sin
  • xgrade
    xgrade Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yes...typing "lolumad" repeatedly in WC and during pk wars is a perfect representation of Infamy.b:sin

Lawl its all in good fun why r u so anti-infamu did russiee surpise buttseks u or something?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Must.....resist......the urge.........

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6669/umadobama.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xgrade
    xgrade Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This is how most of infamy's tws go b:shocked
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgLlBwdcaPE&feature=related
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    LOL b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    May I srsly join u guys for a day? I want awareness pots and NightRage keeps ignoring me when I tell him to hand over some >:
    PK is no fun without them QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Timespan makes something a good war? Interesting

GG.

Finally , thank you , that's the whole point . I can't say if that or the Tao vs Varden was better since I probably wasn't even playing when Aurora fought Insight but regardless point was made .

I think you are intentionally missing his point, or very bad at logic. All dogs have four legs does not mean that anything with four legs is a dog.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think... Katori....

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee192/lordhazar/LOLUMAD.png

Yeah because what individuals say while PKing is the same as an official faction recruitment thread. Oh wait! It isn't. By the way, does anyone know you? You seem to be quite the big hater, but nobody can figure out who you are lol. Did you get rejected from Infamy or something?
    hai2u
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pLIjKggSZI#t=0m26s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]