Demon Suggestions for me skill wise

Bloody_Howl - Sanctuary
Bloody_Howl - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Barbarian
Basically I noticed how extremely expensive Demon/Sage skills are and would like some advice from you guys/girls on what you think I should try to get first and foremost in skills.

I'm more of a PvE person but I wanted to take part in PvP alot once I hit 90 hence my Demon path.

Skills I have already are Demon Stomp of the Beast King, Beast King's Inspiration (total luck I know), True Form. I have these 3 learned already.

I have the books for Garrote, Beastial Onslaught, Frighten, and Flesh Ream and plan to learn Flesh Ream next. Not sure about Garrotte. Anyone like this skill? I'm not a fan of DoTs except on long boss fights.

Other then that I'm a mostly poor barb so what books should I try to find/ need to get as soon as possible for PvP or PvE reasons and which are best "bang for your buck" skills.

Thx in advance :)
Post edited by Bloody_Howl - Sanctuary on

Comments

• GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Basically I noticed how extremely expensive Demon/Sage skills are and would like some advice from you guys/girls on what you think I should try to get first and foremost in skills.

I'm more of a PvE person but I wanted to take part in PvP alot once I hit 90 hence my Demon path.

Skills I have already are Demon Stomp of the Beast King, Beast King's Inspiration (total luck I know), True Form. I have these 3 learned already.

I have the books for Garrote, Beastial Onslaught, Frighten, and Flesh Ream and plan to learn Flesh Ream next. Not sure about Garrotte. Anyone like this skill? I'm not a fan of DoTs except on long boss fights.

Other then that I'm a mostly poor barb so what books should I try to find/ need to get as soon as possible for PvP or PvE reasons and which are best "bang for your buck" skills.

Thx in advance :)

WOW!! from wat i have heard u r really lucky lolb:victory u got skill book for demon B.onslaught which from wat i hear is one of the most rare books for demon barbs

with 35% increase in crit rate for 6 seconds i did say that "Ace card" for whether its pvp or pve, for sure that would be my fav moveb:dirty only draw back is that u gota wait till lvl 92 to get it b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bloody_Howl - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Yes I have been very lucky, I bought a random skill book the first try and got Demon Beastial Onslaught. This is when I was level 88 and only about 90% sure I wanted to be Demon. That is what made up my mind :P

Next time I opened a random skill book I got Beast King's Inspiration and then Frighten after that.

Also Demon Beastial Onslaught is one of the main reasons I went Demon.

I also found out something new and fun to do now that I have my Demon Beast King's Inspiration. I pop a Renewal Orb apothecary item (100 hp and mp every second) and I can spam my hp buff for squad chi :P

I have my friend herc veno gather a bunch of mobs together as I follow and spam hp buff for myself, her, and every other squad member and then its 2 spark destruction. rinse and repeat. It's quite fun b:victory try it b:laugh
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    WOW!! from wat i have heard u r really lucky lolb:victory u got skill book for demon B.onslaught which from wat i hear is one of the most rare books for demon barbs

with 35% increase in crit rate for 6 seconds i did say that "Ace card" for whether its pvp or pve, for sure that would be my fav moveb:dirty only draw back is that u gota wait till lvl 92 to get it b:sad
    U rang? xD
    jk, jk. I couldn't help myselfb:thanks
    But I agree, you have been VERY lucky to get those Demon skills so early, I'm sure others might envy you ^^ (not me, I'm going sage for my freezing frighten, never-miss B.Onslaught and 1hr BKI <3)
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Bloody_Howl - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    I guess I'm way ahead of the game. Suppose I'll try for Mighty Swing for PvP and get surf Impact and Devour for Tanking.

Anyone have any advice on whether to get Demon Alacrity of the Beast? I have a feeling that the cooldown would make it faster then the cast of the mob and make it actually more difficult to cancel. Just a thought. opinions?
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm not quite to 89 yet, but I also thought about getting demon alacrity. But I didn't buy it for the exact reason you described. My canceling is timed with the boss'es magic casts almost exactly, so I thought it would actually become harder to time my canceling. It seems to me it would be much easier to just hit the button as soon as your cooldown is done than to try to time it manually with each magic cast by the boss.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The buff skills are very good, pvp and pve will make you sought after for sexy buffs.

Bestial onslaught and rage are awesome.

True form is almost a must and will leave you confused if you want to fight in tiger or standing up. But Bestial onslaughts +35% crit and ranged attack may make up your mind anyway.

I personally have not got a lot of the dmg skills, i'd skip garrotte and stomp but flesh ream is pretty darn good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]