The Draconians [New Race]

ShylahArista - Dreamweaver
ShylahArista - Dreamweaver Posts: 140 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Suggestion Box
I based the race off a drawing I did about 5 years ago. Yes, I know PWI needs to work on the TB release bugs before implementing a new race, but I was insanely bored, this was fun for a while, and so here it is.

http://draconians.weebly.com/index.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Main IGN: Aleithyia - Assassin
IGN: Assenah - Mystic

pwidreamweaverguilds.weebly.com

etsy.com/shop/ATimeToRememberPhoto
Post edited by ShylahArista - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ShylahArista - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    *never mind*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GohanX - Dreamweaver
    GohanX - Dreamweaver Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The Dark One preformed terrible deeds. He made deals with demons and wraiths, summoned horrible creatures, and it wasn
    wasn... ? wheres the rest?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    It won't let me post the rest. it keeps cutting it off b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    lol is that also why you double posted?

in another forum theres a guy with a sig of him killing anyone who double posts in cold blood
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, it is. So, I just posted all the info on my Dreamweaver Guild List, on a hidden page. So to view it, go here
    http://draconians.weebly.com/index.html

So frustrating. b:irritated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Not bad. I like this idea. though the clone attack needs to be elaborated on, or it is OP. Please explain how it works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    In my head, it's a type of illusion magic. The clones are illusions, but the opponent thinks they are real and takes double damage. I'm still trying to figure out a better way to describe it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    The mind is a powerful thing. If you're in the desert and a mirage punches you and you think the mirage is a real person, you're body reacts by falling down, even though you did not really get punched.

This skill should be affected by awareness level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    That's a good idea. I probably wouldn't have thought of it. If you have any more ideas, I'd love to hear them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Here's something else, please elaborate the Spirit Call skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I guess that one is a little lacking. Summon a spirit would be like summoning a pet. Their damage is the same as yours, plus a percentage. As you level, the percentage increases so they do more damage. Probably would be good to have the cost be related to your mana. I.E.- as long as you have mana, the spirit stays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    The Draconians have wings. We must not copy the Elf's unique ability of flight from first level. I say the wings can only be used in flight using a skill that is learned at a later level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Probably a good idea. That's just how my original drawing was done, so that's how I described them lol. I'd scan it in and put it with the description, but I don't have a scanner. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    The Draconians are dragons. The fighters should have a fire-breathing skill that deals damage and burns.

I know elemental damage is a magic ability. However, firebreathing from a dragon is an ability given to them by their anatomy, not an ability learned through magical studies. Therefore it should be a melee skill with lingering elemental damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    That's a great idea as well. I was trying to figure out how to add a skill like that, since it's magic, but I didn't even think about using the dragon's innate ability as a skill. Thanks, keep the ideas coming b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    The way dragons breath fire is :

Toxins in their body created by waste from their cells ignites when introduced to the different gases we breathe every day. They spit the toxins much like a snake spits venom into it's prey's eyes. However dragons also swish these toxins around in their mouth then bite their prey, injecting the toxins into the bloodstream of their prey.

With that information, well just go to town :P

EDIT: Here's another one. In light that little bit of info i just gave you, I think it would look kind of pathetic and primitive someone biting their opponent. I suggest that should be a skill used by the baby dragons you mentioned.

I'll give you more as they come to mind :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Opalwind - Heavens Tear
    Opalwind - Heavens Tear Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I have always liked dragons and I think this is a good idea. b:pleased

I just hope they aren't gender specific like untamed b:surrender

EDIT: I want a fighter
  • GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Unless anyone can remember a Chinese myth that says dragon people have different skills for different genders, it won't be.

EDIT: New idea for the Fighter class. A skill where the fighter grabs his opponent, flies up in the air and slams him down on the ground. Dealing damage and knocking them unconscious(Sleep).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Unless anyone can remember a Chinese myth that says dragon people have different skills for different genders, it won't be.

EDIT: New idea for the Fighter class. A skill where the fighter grabs his opponent, flies up in the air and slams him down on the ground. Dealing damage and knocking them unconscious(Sleep).

Good idea, but too hard to pull in this game, since everyone remains where they are in pvp.

Even knockback doesn't.

Lot of effort seen here so far, keep up the good work, honestly I keep getting the mental image of Gouf when I read this.

But hey, I love Draconians, even wrote a (simple) story once with the main character as one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    EDIT: Here's another one. In light that little bit of info i just gave you, I think it would look kind of pathetic and primitive someone biting their opponent. I suggest that should be a skill used by the baby dragons you mentioned.

Noted and added. Sounds like a really good skill for them.
    I just hope they aren't gender specific like untamed

They aren't. Well, at least I don't have them that way lol b:victory

I keep picturing a Draconian trying to pick up Chin, or really any of the bosses. I don't know if this would be practical. Maybe some type of variation on this??

So I did some more brainstorming last night while trying to get to sleep, and thought up a few more skills for both classes. Check them out and see what you guys think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Oooooo dragons.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    edited March 2010
    So I had another brainstorm. I may not have a scanner, but I have a camera b:laugh. So I took a picture of my drawing to upload. Now, I'm not an artist. I regrettably don't have the talent to picture something in my mind and put it on paper. So I have to cheat. I trace the frame and then fill it in with my own work. b:surrender I drew her with a bow, but there's already an archer class. If any of you artists out there wanna create a rendition of the Draconians (male or female), feel free to do so, just please give me credit for the concept. And now, the drawing that inspired the race. b:victory

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p181/DreamcatcherOSS/Stuff/Draconian.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    I love this idea and want it implemented so I'm brainstorming as much as you. Here's another one.

The Draconians have horns do they not? That would be pretty deadly in a headbutt.

EDIT: I'm trying to build a skill tree for the Fighters as I write this. When I finish it I'll post it here :)

I disagreed with the fighting spirit skill. I believe we should leave crit to Assassins and Archers. So I suggest it affect MP and HP. If you watch anime, warriors often get up when they should be all out of stamina and shouldn't even be able to move. That I believe is Fighting Spirit.

Also brainstorming on greater detail for the baby dragons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Like you my copy/paste got cut off so I put it in a web page instead. Here you go, it's a start on Fighter class skill tree, with a few things I added myself. Hope you like it :)

http://gohanx.bravehost.com/skill%20tree.htm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Great minds think alike.b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
    edited March 2010
    Like you my copy/paste got cut off so I put it in a web page instead. Here you go, it's a start on Fighter class skill tree, with a few things I added myself. Hope you like it :)

http://gohanx.bravehost.com/skill%20tree.htm

Not bad at all. You're better with the statistics of it than I am. The only thing I'm wondering about is the Dragon Summon skill. It sounds a little more like the Witch Doctor than the Fighter.

Idea just popped into my head. Along the same lines, what if the Witch Doctor casts a spell that makes the baby dragon pet grow and become stronger for a set amount of time? I also want to figure out a triple-kick move for the Fighter, but my brain seems to be blocked on that front. XP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• jokerxdude
    edited March 2010
    Not bad at all. You're better with the statistics of it than I am. The only thing I'm wondering about is the Dragon Summon skill. It sounds a little more like the Witch Doctor than the Fighter.

Idea just popped into my head. Along the same lines, what if the Witch Doctor casts a spell that makes the baby dragon pet grow and become stronger for a set amount of time? I also want to figure out a triple-kick move for the Fighter, but my brain seems to be blocked on that front. XP

Kick of Fury?

Lands numerous kicks on the opponent and has the chance of knocking them back by # meters.

I don't know =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Go here

Coming Soon...
    edited March 2010
    Ya know, GohanX brought up earlier that Draconians having wings would take the uniqueness away from the Winged Elves. The Kick of Fury skill could replace the Gale Wind skill. Then at level 30, the flight quest could be called Evolution and they get their wings that way. What do you guys think about that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• jokerxdude
    edited March 2010
    With evolution, won't they keep the same wings and just upgrade them and the upgrades will have a new presents?

I guess that would take from the cash shop.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Go here

Coming Soon...
  • GohanX - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Ya know, GohanX brought up earlier that Draconians having wings would take the uniqueness away from the Winged Elves. The Kick of Fury skill could replace the Gale Wind skill. Then at level 30, the flight quest could be called Evolution and they get their wings that way. What do you guys think about that?
    Like the Rito of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker? Yes that's a much better idea. Take away the wings right from the start and they'll grow them later. I'll work on greater detail for that Kick of Fury.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]