An assassin with a death wish

Options
Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver
Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Archer
Im probably going to regret this, because Im going to be throughly hated by my kin, but I have a few questions for archers. I want to help your class to understand the mechanics of an assassin, and hopefully help you come to a conclusion upon how to beat on in combat In hopes that we can lose the title of "THE MOST OP CLASS."

Ok so heres my questions:

1. What skill of an assassin do you hate the most? (please be serious because I am trying to help)

2. If you can disrupt or out right prevent an assassin from using this skill, do you think you could beat them?

3. What skills would you like to prevent the most? And are there ways to negate or skate around them somehow?
Apparently its more difficult to milk a smurf than originally conceived..
Post edited by Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Im probably going to regret this, because Im going to be throughly hated by my kin, but I have a few questions for archers. I want to help your class to understand the mechanics of an assassin, and hopefully help you come to a conclusion upon how to beat on in combat In hopes that we can lose the title of "THE MOST OP CLASS."

1. What skill of an assassin do you hate the most? (please be serious because I am trying to help)

2. If you can disrupt or out right prevent an assassin from using this skill, do you think you could beat them?

3. What skills would you like to prevent the most? And are there ways to negate or skate around them somehow?

Generally for me,its all those skills that have deal base physical dmg+xxx% weapon dmg +xxxxdmg.Archers dont have much of that,it makes me jealous.
    Also u got insane chi increase skills that allow you to spark like crazy.
    Not to mention ur stun,slow,seal,whatever else too.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Being able to Double/Triple Spark in stealth, without losing stealth. Honestly, everything else kinda pales in comparison to that for me.
  • Xymantha - Dreamweaver
    Xymantha - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    on my archer.. just about everything..

going invisible right before duel starts (open PvP I don't do, but thats part of the class' advantage so it can do its job)

being able to 'port instantly within the damage penalty zone

stun lock

rib strike

yadda yadda.

Really wouldnt mind the not invisibility stuff if I didn't loose my already acquired target.b:sad

On my barb... not an issue. One hit with Bestial onslaught level 3 with a lucky zerk crit will one hit you b:laugh (unless you have that special skill to avoid death.. then its a 2/3 hit kill)b:chuckle
    I'm a man
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Being able to Double/Triple Spark in stealth, without losing stealth. Honestly, everything else kinda pales in comparison to that for me.
    ^This.
    on my archer.. just about everything..
    stun lock
    Wouldn't really call 7 seconds of total stun a stunlock but... it just might seem like one because you often die before it's over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the fact that i can kill them before i can get a really high crit on them to brag about ):
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Somebody - Raging Tide
    Somebody - Raging Tide Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wouldn't really call 7 seconds of total stun a stunlock but... it just might seem like one because you often die before it's over.

remember we also sleep + seal

stun 5sec + 4sec seal + 3sec tele/stun = 12sec unable to attack (8sec stun + 4sec seal)
    and then we can sleep you and use seal again (only 8sec CD)
    but people are usually dead with 12sec taking hits
  • quizenbort
    quizenbort Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    most sins are easy.. just use apoc.

the hard ones use +12 fists. lol
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    WoG>Tranq orb>metal debuff>Tstorm

only problem is if they seal or i cant cast WoG.... or im outta Tranq orbs..... or my geni is outta chi...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kobolt - Harshlands
    Kobolt - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

what does spark mean? sorry im new lol
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^This.

I get killed by the 7(or actually 8) second stun that really SHOULD be 5 seconds as it says. but not only that, a sin can easily stun lock by casting the 9 second freeze when stun is almost over and then do the 5 second seal. Then the teleport stun after that to stun for 5 seconds which SHOULD be 3 seconds as it says. >.<
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    remember we also sleep + seal

stun 5sec + 4sec seal + 3sec tele/stun = 12sec unable to attack (8sec stun + 4sec seal)
    and then we can sleep you and use seal again (only 8sec CD)
    but people are usually dead with 12sec taking hits

While they can't attack while sealed, they can run or drop in the air. So you are not really constantly attacking them. Sure, you can tele stun them as they run but if you do that before seal's almost up, you are not getting the full 12 seconds. So essentially the lock's around 8 seconds (my mistake on 7). The only good thing about Sin's sleep is for stopping someone casting ult. Sleeping someone for the heck of it doesn't really do much since you can't attack them while they are slept or it's wasted.
    I get killed by the 7(or actually 8) second stun that really SHOULD be 5 seconds as it says. but not only that, a sin can easily stun lock by casting the 9 second freeze when stun is almost over and then do the 5 second seal. Then the teleport stun after that to stun for 5 seconds which SHOULD be 3 seconds as it says. >.<

Well, if you are only frozen, I'd imagine you'll be casting shield and trying to stun them ;). Yeah it's a lot of **** Sin can throw at you, but it just bothers me when people call it stun lock since that's reserved for BM's =P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    no, you get freeze + seal = stun
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Raybeez - Lost City
    Raybeez - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sins are NOT OP.. just skilled thats all
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sins are NOT OP.. just skilled thats all
    Right. Because it takes SO much skill to walk up to someone, spark, telestun, and /faceroll. I'll grant that it takes skill for an assassin to take out a well-geared BM, Barb, or HA veno, but anything else? Not so much.
  • Raybeez - Lost City
    Raybeez - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Right. Because it takes SO much skill to walk up to someone, spark, telestun, and /faceroll. I'll grant that it takes skill for an assassin to take out a well-geared BM, Barb, or HA veno, but anything else? Not so much.

You R be has a point thar 0.0
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Only time i i ever encountered sins in pvp, they popped out of nowhere attacked me and stunned, i domained and used WoG and than they went back into stealth and i never saw them again b:surrender

All sins are like lvl 80-90 and have **** gear, no triple spark and no lvl 11 skills so they normally dont attack lvl 101s. If they do they go back into stealth when they cant 1-3 shoot you and realizes theyre about to die.

So yeah only annoying skill would be stealth, i guess you should always carry detection pots.

Edit: To be fare im pretty sure a lvl 100 sin with demon/sage skills and similar gear and refines as me would absolutely molest me. All the stuns/seals/freeze/sleep or whatever little tricks they're using will be a pain when you cant tank them anymore.
  • Aquarian - Lost City
    Aquarian - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    While they can't attack while sealed, they can run or drop in the air. So you are not really constantly attacking them. Sure, you can tele stun them as they run but if you do that before seal's almost up, you are not getting the full 12 seconds. So essentially the lock's around 8 seconds (my mistake on 7). The only good thing about Sin's sleep is for stopping someone casting ult. Sleeping someone for the heck of it doesn't really do much since you can't attack them while they are slept or it's wasted.

Well, if you are only frozen, I'd imagine you'll be casting shield and trying to stun them ;). Yeah it's a lot of **** Sin can throw at you, but it just bothers me when people call it stun lock since that's reserved for BM's =P.

b:cry It bothers me 2!!!! T.T thats our claim to fame!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:cool Im so awsome they named a poleaxe after me XD
  • Vasilisk - Harshlands
    Vasilisk - Harshlands Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Only time i i ever encountered sins in pvp, they popped out of nowhere attacked me and stunned, i domained and used WoG and than they went back into stealth and i never saw them again b:surrender
    Because u Elven Alacrity to sz? b:laugh Hint: how many time u need for recharge domain. So, sin just w8 cooldown own skills and come to you again... and no more domain.
    Edit: To be fare im pretty sure a lvl 100 sin with demon/sage skills and similar gear and refines as me would absolutely molest me. All the stuns/seals/freeze/sleep or whatever little tricks they're using will be a pain when you cant tank them anymore.

I'm sure, that 89+ with tripple spark is enough, but... we will see it later =)