Concerned about TT weapons and armour

Belgare - Sanctuary
Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
My Cleric is level 71. I have slowly been gaining mats from the odd TT run, or buying them in AH, or buying pre-made TT armour when I can afford it. I think I'll be decked out in my TT stuff pretty soon, but I'm a little conerned about something. Mainly, that by the time I hit level 80 and need to get my next batch of TT armour/weaps, I won't be able to afford it. My whole plan was to sell off the armour I have now and use the money to buy my 80 stuff. But when I checked the 80 stuff in the forges I see I need the decomp'd 70 armour to make the 80, which means I can't sell it and thus have no money going into 80.

What do you guys do here? Is is possible to buy the decomp'd TT70 stuff (I'm referring to the soul edges that are required for 80 here) in AH? I don't recall ever seeing souledge on sale anywhere.

If it is indeed impossible for me to build the 80 stuff without decomping what I own now, my options are...what? Either: do 10 TT runs a day for weeks on end and somehow obtain all the mats I need for "free", or: Put a bunch of money on my account and sell it in game for coins.

Anyway, just want to know what others do in this situation. There's only so much grinding one can do for coins. I've been doing nothing but grinding for the last few weeks and am nowhere near what I would need to buy tt80 stuff.
Post edited by Belgare - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Untamed_Slip - Heavens Tear
    Untamed_Slip - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    my main is lv 83 blademaster i skiped lvl 80 tt gear cause when u r 90 it start all over just get the tt 80 wep unless u have calamitys you can use them untill 90 just try to plus them to +3 or +4 then u will be good untill 90....
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    you can make it to 90 on some good 3*'s and molders.

just get the hh weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    While TT weapons are nice to have, the amors are not necessary. If you have your set of TT70 or almost have it, then grats. But when it comes to 80, there's a set of molds that are much cheaper and would be more than enough.
    edited March 2010
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    you can make it to 90 on some good 3*'s and molders.

just get the hh weapon.

yep that what i do with my main i have 3* 80 wrist and boots and i didnt get a 80 wep cause my calamitys are +3 and i can u them untill 90..
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Honestly, mage classes shouldn't really bother with TT armors until 90, except maybe for boots. There are excellent level 70 molds for chest and legs, and 77 bracers that can last you until 90. I wish I had known that before I took the long and expensive path that you're about to go down b:surrender
    edited March 2010
    While TT weapons are nice to have, the amors are not necessary. If you have your set of TT70 or almost have it, then grats. But when it comes to 80, there's a set of molds that are much cheaper and would be more than enough.

i agreeb:victory
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Honestly, mage classes shouldn't really bother with TT armors until 90, except maybe for boots. There are excellent level 70 molds for chest and legs, and 77 bracers that can last you until 90. I wish I had known that before I took the long and expensive path that you're about to go down b:surrender

Yeah. Sell your TT70 and buy some 3stars in AH with +pdef, +HP, or +vit adds. They'll be better than the TT gear anyways. Or Dark Pants of Hades are good, and Sleeves of the Sea Captain are okay if you're keen on -channeling.
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I hear ya, I am experiencing the same problem. I do not have the in-game coin to buy all my TT mats for my 74 cleric, nor do I have the money or time to continuously run TT. I did my first TT 1-2 at level 71 with a random squad mainly for the experience but hoping to get a mat or 2 as well. After 6 deaths and approx. 80K in pots, all I got was 1 skull and 1 mirage (worth what... 15k maybe? >.<). I have not gone back.

My answer to this situation was to haunt the AH for good deals on 3* armour with nice bonuses. I now have all 3* gear with decent stats which took no time at all to get and cost me next to NOTHING in comparison to what it would have cost to get all the TT mats. It may not be TT gear but I do not feel under-classed in any way (not at this level anyways). Perhaps at later levels when I can blow through TT faster, and have a good, honest group to farm TT with I will start making my TT70 for decomposing to make the TT80.

I guess what I am saying is cheap 3* items with good stats are a respectable alternative for those of us that do not use RL money nor are willing to sacrifice so much of our time to grinding/farming for pixels.
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Even more than that, decent 3 stars are *better* than arcane TT70 and 80 (80 gold being an exception). Arcane TT70 and 80 green is not very useful, with no pdef or HP adds.
  • Fangxing - Heavens Tear
    Fangxing - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I haven't thought about getting TT armor and might consider it at 90 since that armor is actually good. I always stick with the free armor given in quests and then just stalk AH for some good deal on 2+ socket armor (not even really 3 star). The weapons are almost a must, except at 60 because ancient arbor is just a joke to me, because it is hard to find a good non-TT or even non-legendary one because nobody seems to want to make any besides TT and...legendary. b:sad

Unless you really see a need to spend millions on crappy armor, I say just stick with the norms and you'll be fine (this is coming from a veno who is a vit-madwoman).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now I know that PWE is ran by a bucket of monkeys on speed.
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Well wow, good thing I made this thread, then. Thanks for the BIG heads up on this, folks. :) I was actually feeling quite discouraged thinking about my future in the game. Now I'm keen to play again!
    edited March 2010
    you should get at least tt 70 and when u r 69 get the mold leggng and when u hit 79 get the mold plate so at least get tt 70....just + it a good as u can so u acn use it untill 90...
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    to be totally honest at 75 i was worrying about getting my tt90, becuase i thought like all the other TT **** u have to start one path, decompse, remake, decompose, remake, etc. but with armor its TT70, decompose, TT80, then well start all over for tt90. the only set i can say is worth doing is the sleeves, the oracle sleeves, tt90 gold which requires the tt70 and tt80 being made. or just getting the TT90 green made then just getting your TT99 gold archangel set. i know a few clerics who have gotten their tt70,tt80,tt90 armor made. and hell if u can i'd say go ahead. a friend of mine has had all the armor sets (minus the gold and tt99 set) she got it from doing solo runs with a veno w/ herc. and sometimes its cheaper to buy some of your tt90 mats. i bought the basic blue mat, and some of the cheaper mats. waiste of money, but few less mats i need to get. right now i only worried on my weapons, i had my arbor at 60, my griefs breath mats by idk 67 i think, my endless ambiguity at 79 (litteraly made b4 i even lvled ^^ i got it made like a day away from lvling) so dont worry about lvl 70 and 80 armor becuase u really start all over again at 90b:cute
    Edit: The only TT armor ive ever had made was the tt70 sleeves, i ended up giving them to my friend when they became obsolete compaired to my sleeves of the sea captain
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    well i allready have dark pants of hades sleeves of sea captain and stepphenwolf lord cape for my gear and i heard that the TT90 gold sleeves r best
  • Lythiaana - Dreamweaver
    Lythiaana - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yea, I would strongly suggest that you stick with the molds. It's much easier to attain compared to TT gear and they're all pretty decent. Only gold TT armor would be arguable compared to regular molds.

TT 90 sleeves, if you can get, would match up to the lvl 77 sleeves of captain. Same channeling, but more phy. def, which helps any arcane class.

I might plan to get that myself, but dirt poor right now. b:sad
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    dont bother with TT90 gold sleeves, find some good oht arcane sleeves or TT90 green if you dont want -chan
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crypsis - Lost City
    Crypsis - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Dont know why anyone bothers with HH armor before lvl 90 O_O

Stats aren't even good at all, beside maybe the green HH80 wrist.

I guess if you're rich and want full HH80 gold set, ist understandable that you get it. The HH80 gold is really nice and if you got money to burn...

But dont get any green HH gear unless you're going for a specific piece of of HH gold 90 and needs the lvl 70+80 souledges.
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Sorry to bump this thread, I'm revisiting it now that the issue is beginning to get a little closer to needing to be planned.

What exactly is HH? The HH80 Arcane weapon is...what? Is it the orange named weapons? Is it not possible to buy these in AH? I don't see any and I'm confused.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Sorry to bump this thread, I'm revisiting it now that the issue is beginning to get a little closer to needing to be planned.

What exactly is HH? The HH80 Arcane weapon is...what? Is it the orange named weapons? Is it not possible to buy these in AH? I don't see any and I'm confused.

HH means TT. It's the old name for that, from an unofficial and badly translated (but licensed) version. So HH equip is the same thing as TT.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Ah, k. Thanks.

So I'm guessing Endless Ambiguity should be my choice of wep. But where does one aquire items like Single Butterfly, and Mysto Caster? Are they just really rare?