Best choice armor for lvl90 hybrid veno

Vive - Lost City
Vive - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Venomancer
At lvl 90 I'm planning on restatting to hybrid veno (heavy/arcane) and I've already started collecting ornaments that brings stat points ect.
Now I was wondering, what is the best choice for my armor and weapon? Is it TT, molds or something else, or maybe a mix of things.
I would greatly appreciate some advice from people with more knowledge about this then I have (which is close to zero)
Post edited by Vive - Lost City on

Comments

• Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Too early in the game to start an effective hybrid tbh. You won't have the statpoints to wear a good weapon. Use HA TT90 top/pants, Warsoul or highest grade Helmet you can get and TT90 AA boots/wrists if you insist though. You'll need the sucky Requiem Blade and a Lv2+ Tome to fulfill your stat needs. Go with Mdef ornaments and refine the HA pieces.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Too early in the game to start an effective hybrid tbh. You won't have the statpoints to wear a good weapon.
    I don't think that's really true. You will level up much more quickly once you hit 90 due to BH being in 79 and 89, both of which you can do with a broken group, or solo with a herc if you so wished. In your 80s, your BH is subject to the whims of barbs and clerics, so it's much harder to get it done every day. I don't particularly play for exp, and level 89 took me almost 3 weeks. in contrast, I blew through 90 and 91 in less than a week each. I wasn't even trying to level, I was mostly just helping out friends and it just happened. So yeah, plan ahead for 90. You'll probably need to reach 92-93 to be able to wear and swap equipment comfortably as Esuna says, but that'll be relatively easy.

The stat bonuses on armor don't help you wear armor, so you can mostly ignore them. Str helps damage in fox form, and mag helps you equip a weapon. But the TT90 gear doesn't have those so it's probably not a consideration (I see very little 3-star level 90ish gear too). The TT90 armor does provide a lot of hp, which is nice. So you should probably stick with straight TT90 gear. I opted for the vambraces of the brute for the -0.1 interval, and am thinking of getting the boots for the +10 str bonus.

Probably the biggest stat boost you can get at 90 is from your cape. The mantle of the ghost lord is practically a requirement. If you can get your hands on a wing trophy, those capes give slightly less stat bonus, but have other really nice bonuses too (hp, defense, channeling, -interval, etc).

You need to take the mogwai belt as a quest reward at 87. Nothing you can get from 3-stars comes close to its stat boost.

For necklace, rings, and hat, the best gear I found has been 3-star gear from AH. The sky demon's pearl is ok for the hp bonus. But I found 3-stars with much better stat bonuses on AH. The event helms (only come from anniv packs) are good, but they're level 95. Gives 10 str and 10 vit as well as a bunch of hp.
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    I don't think that's really true. You will level up much more quickly once you hit 90 due to BH being in 79 and 89, both of which you can do with a broken group, or solo with a herc if you so wished. In your 80s, your BH is subject to the whims of barbs and clerics, so it's much harder to get it done every day. I don't particularly play for exp, and level 89 took me almost 3 weeks. in contrast, I blew through 90 and 91 in less than a week each. I wasn't even trying to level, I was mostly just helping out friends and it just happened. So yeah, plan ahead for 90. You'll probably need to reach 92-93 to be able to wear and swap equipment comfortably as Esuna says, but that'll be relatively easy.

The stat bonuses on armor don't help you wear armor, so you can mostly ignore them. Str helps damage in fox form, and mag helps you equip a weapon. But the TT90 gear doesn't have those so it's probably not a consideration (I see very little 3-star level 90ish gear too). The TT90 armor does provide a lot of hp, which is nice. So you should probably stick with straight TT90 gear. I opted for the vambraces of the brute for the -0.1 interval, and am thinking of getting the boots for the +10 str bonus.

Probably the biggest stat boost you can get at 90 is from your cape. The mantle of the ghost lord is practically a requirement. If you can get your hands on a wing trophy, those capes give slightly less stat bonus, but have other really nice bonuses too (hp, defense, channeling, -interval, etc).

You need to take the mogwai belt as a quest reward at 87. Nothing you can get from 3-stars comes close to its stat boost.

For necklace, rings, and hat, the best gear I found has been 3-star gear from AH. The sky demon's pearl is ok for the hp bonus. But I found 3-stars with much better stat bonuses on AH. The event helms (only come from anniv packs) are good, but they're level 95. Gives 10 str and 10 vit as well as a bunch of hp.

With effective I meant not having to wear trash like Ghost Mantle and stat-adding necklaces/rings/belts.

This will be my resulting build when I'm done with my character
    http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5b56a42d11e4786c (Cleric buffs)

A lot of these items I already possess (I'll need to stock up on Citrines and D.Orbs and farm 99 some more) and should be what Venos should aim for anyway, as you can see this safely allows me to wear a high grade weapon without stats to fulfill my armor, but actual focusing on important stats like crit/channeling/magatk. The 4th map belt is awesome for Magdef and overall HP, so no stinky Mogwai there to help me wing my set. Getting a Lv3 Tome isn't hard with cheap tokens, I could've gone for the 15 MAG one, but as you can see, not needed. That extra 8 VIT will give me 100+ HP instead.

Waiting until a later level gives your a free pass to wear whatever gear you please without having to squeeze every last stat out of ****ty cloaks/belts/rings while sacrificing your crit/channel.

The necklace should be obtainable in theory, but I could always use a Swindler's Necklace if it doesn't work out that way for the same HP boost, just less Mdef for refines. After above build is done I'll start out refining the weapon and helmet to +8 and see where it goes from there. Gotta farm/merchant moar money first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vive - Lost City
    Vive - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I can't see your link Esuna, all I see is empty spaces and the head of a very russian blademaster. b:surrender
    I think I will indeed save up for TT90 gear but you got me thinking about maybe restatting later. I think I'll leave that to how good the ornaments are I can find and maybe try to focus a bit more on other good stats besides stats points. If not, I can always just resell my older ornaments
    Also, the added stats on an armor not help you wear it? I never experienced that but I might just be dead-wrong.
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    I can't see your link Esuna, all I see is empty spaces and the head of a very russian blademaster. b:surrender
    I think I will indeed save up for TT90 gear but you got me thinking about maybe restatting later. I think I'll leave that to how good the ornaments are I can find and maybe try to focus a bit more on other good stats besides stats points. If not, I can always just resell my older ornaments
    Also, the added stats on an armor not help you wear it? I never experienced that but I might just be dead-wrong.

Fixed the link to automatically redirect to English, and wcalc char loading/saving was down for a while yesterday.

And armor doesn't filfull it's own needs, tested that recently.

If you for example;

Have pants that add 7 DEX and require 50 to wear, you can't have 43 and put them on.

OR

If you have pants that add 7 DEX and require 50 to wear, you can't restat to 50, put them on, then restat back to 43. The item will become unusable until you get 50 DEX again from restatting or other pieces.

Being HA, you can still have over 21% casting, 10% Crit and a bunch of HP bonuses and still wear a TT99 weapon (TT100 is possible but you'll need a Lv4 Tome or Scroll of Tome) where others are stuck using the worthless Requiem Blade to fulfill their stats.

With a bit of patience and leveling you can get so much more out of a HA build then rushing into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]