50 vit=poor wiz?

Options
Belheldar - Harshlands
Belheldar - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Wizard
ok heres ther deal, im not to rich nor do i have a lot of RL money to spend on this game, but i do love my wizy

would 50 vit help to make me a decent end game wiz without haveing to cashop/farm like crazy for gear?
Post edited by Belheldar - Harshlands on

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ok heres ther deal, im not to rich nor do i have a lot of RL money to spend on this game, but i do love my wizy

would 50 vit help to make me a decent end game wiz without haveing to cashop/farm like crazy for gear?

I think so. Your attack will be lower about 1000 but if you are not cash shopper 50 vit. Will help. I have it also. But I'm gonna restat to pure soon. I'm lv. 100 and after my cultivation I'm gonna restat. And also I'm cash shopper. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miseri - Dreamweaver
    Miseri - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Dont feel so bad, I thought about 45ish i had failed as a mage cus i found out i had too much in everything

in fact my stats are something like 37 str 40 vit 40 dex and 240ish ma

I am the biggest fail mage out there on my server, BUT i whine about it and then i get up and keep questing, Cus i know i just keep pumping 5 mag points every lvl by endgame i will pwn anyway.

Maybe i am bigger fail than i think ,but no matter.
  • MickTHeGREAT - Dreamweaver
    MickTHeGREAT - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    your a fail wizzy?!

no no...
    I ISH THE EPICS FAILORZ! b:angry

b:shedtear

No not really
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join the most amazing people on Dreamweaver b:sin
    DrAgOnS
  • verybadthings
    verybadthings Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well. I dont cashshop, I m only lvl 85, but refine up to +3 isnt a problem if u farm some mats for gold, even +4 is doable spending a little while getting money.

50 vit is only 50*10 = 500hp, It cost way more to get u 1k extra damage than refine a few things one extra time.

I d say farm some mats, sell and refine not using orbs but the thing that makes u not loose ref level when failing + a load of mirrages.
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i guess putting points in vit is no good idea - i personally took LA-Build and i guess this wasnt a bad idea. The main advantage is that i reduce the dmg taken by phys res from armor + earth barrier which is a better idea than pumping hp.

Lets say you stat your 50 points vit and get 500 hp well fine but as i experienced the total amount of dmg a mob does increases faster than the possible amount of hp you can gain from stats so with robes your ability to take hits gets worse with every lvl. Robe mages therefore try to max their dmg so they can kill the mob before they get hit. So while your 500 hp might be enough to tank 2 hits from a lvl 40 mob on a lvl 55 mob it might be just 1 hit and so on. So the only advantage of the 500 vit would be when fighting poison mobs.

so if you decide to reduce your dmg make sure you get something in exchange for it like a LA-Build changes att power /max mana for phys def and crit chance

greetz harm0wnie
  • verybadthings
    verybadthings Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well I agree on the vit beeing a bad idea allthought i disagree on the mob damage part. While mobs abowe your lvl do a lot more damage when you reach that level they do less.

Most mobs my level (85) hits me for just a little more damage then mobs my level hit me when I was lvl 50. -i got better gear now. but still u have to include that in calculations aswell so all in all. 500 hp will be almost as good beeing lvl 80 as they were at lvl 60. But those 50 points in vit could be spent more wisely anyways.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Average difference between damage of pure magic wizard and pure + 50 Vit wizard is (at lvl 90)

600 points of PvE damage or

150 points of PvP damage.

You got about 500HP more though (assuming you use Skydemon's Pearl).
    500HP = 10 G8 Citrines = about 12 million coins saved. Should be enough to +5 the weapon and +3 the rest of gear.
    Packs World International
  • Belheldar - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    also vit adds pdef. right?
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

not enough to be calculated <_<
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    True. According to pwcalc.ru it's enough to get 1% more physical damage reduction at level 90 (when using Stone Barrier). Nothing gamebreaking but still useful ;]
    Packs World International
  • Synthetic - Harshlands
    Synthetic - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i guess putting points in vit is no good idea - i personally took LA-Build and i guess this wasnt a bad idea. The main advantage is that i reduce the dmg taken by phys res from armor + earth barrier which is a better idea than pumping hp.

Lets say you stat your 50 points vit and get 500 hp well fine but as i experienced the total amount of dmg a mob does increases faster than the possible amount of hp you can gain from stats so with robes your ability to take hits gets worse with every lvl. Robe mages therefore try to max their dmg so they can kill the mob before they get hit. So while your 500 hp might be enough to tank 2 hits from a lvl 40 mob on a lvl 55 mob it might be just 1 hit and so on. So the only advantage of the 500 vit would be when fighting poison mobs.

so if you decide to reduce your dmg make sure you get something in exchange for it like a LA-Build changes att power /max mana for phys def and crit chance

greetz harm0wnie

Yeah... so like i said on your "I'm poor please help" thread... LA wiz = DUMB, We are glass cannons that is what we are, LA is not going to save you from a ganker anyway so why lose the dmg over it.

Back on topic:
    So end game cash shopping the only way.... end game you can make money faster than you can spend it, level up u still got quite a ways before end game my friend
  • Belheldar - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @ Synthetic: i thought u were LA btw....i thought thts what ur armor was when i saw you at hidden orch but i digress

my point was not to make money once i am end game, but can i get to end game without being rich, as in will my hp be too low without high refines(curently have pants of hades, steppen wolf and sea captians all +2 with boots of flame intensity mold in the bank[drake drops molds?])