Saving for a Herc?

Options
XLindsayx - Dreamweaver
XLindsayx - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Venomancer
So I hit level 80 and I think it's about time I thought about getting a Herc.
How on earth do you guys afford them! Those things are about 50,000,000 coins, am I right? :[

I can't invest any real money into the game An I only have 7,000,000. I don't buy gold or teleport so thats a start I guess?

Grinding is kinda hard since I don't get a lot of time, but I do try. Any suggestions?

Help meeeee! b:sad
Post edited by XLindsayx - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Illusiva - Heavens Tear
    Illusiva - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Herc is 70m+.

You should put all of that 7m into gold, its really cheap right now.

Its easter soon, and that can only mean one thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    axt57 wrote: »

the easter bunny? b:cute
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • mooman321
    mooman321 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Man if I had just put one ten dollar card into gold when i started and did nothing but buy and sell it depending on the market I would probably have the herc by now.....

anyway, start farming buddy. Can you run a catshop while afk? Even with wine/mat market in the toilet right now I still make far more per hour doing that than any other activity. There is a bit of a learnng curve. You gotta learn a good route. And don't laugh....ya gotta use a stopwatch (10min 18sec is the magic number). Use 1m of your savings to buy 100 of each mat and you can sell for a profit, making a little (not much) even when not farming.

It will take you awhile. Best i can figure about 200 hours of farming. But it can be done.

"I can't invest any real money into the game..."

"Can't" as in your morally opposed to it or what? If you "can't" because you have no extra money, then give up a sat gaming and earn some rl $. If you "can't" because you are too young to earn money in any way......then your probably too young to be playing this game. Don't mean to sound harsh but that's kind of the way it is.

Listen to axt57, buy as much gold as you can RIGHT NOW. Next wave of sales that 7m will become 12m over night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Herc is 70m+.

60 gold = a herc if you bought marraige packs at 15 gold like me b:thanks ... now to wait for reset stone sale... and tokens again for gold to go up.. then i sell each pack for 15mil.. and get 60mil.
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    60 gold = a herc if you bought marraige packs at 15 gold like me b:thanks ... now to wait for reset stone sale... and tokens again for gold to go up.. then i sell each pack for 15mil.. and get 60mil.

I doubt anyone will pay 15 mil for a marriage pack.

edit: Seems you did buy 4.
  • XLindsayx - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    mooman321 wrote: »

"Can't" as in your morally opposed to it or what? If you "can't" because you have no extra money, then give up a sat gaming and earn some rl $. If you "can't" because you are too young to earn money in any way......then your probably too young to be playing this game. Don't mean to sound harsh but that's kind of the way it is.

"Can't" because 1) I have none and 2) I have no way to earn any. :(

I'm 16 so I guess I am old enough to get a part time job but it's pretty impossible for me right now. b:sad

Thanks for the a advice all of you though! ^^
    I'm trying to collect 200 of each high grade mat so I can sell some wines. ^^ I know good routes, but it's just finding the time :s
  • HealthPotion - Raging Tide
    HealthPotion - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think the most CHEAPEST way, without spending your coins/gold would be to Farm Mats and Herbs.
    Right now im farming Herbs and Mats from Hell. So far in the past 3days of farming ive made 5mil coins.
    What I do is I sell the herbs that I dont really need for 1K, and the more rare herbs I make them into TW potions (+2sparks, Dmg Reduce, Invincibility) and sell them TW Days.
    I made 2mil selling herbs overnight at my catshop.
    I made 3mil selling potions to factions for TW.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    From Hell?
  • Soulscreamer - Heavens Tear
    Soulscreamer - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    TT is the best way going solo i found out as someone answered my thread :D
  • Lythiaana - Dreamweaver
    Lythiaana - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    From Hell?

I think he means that it's frustrating and boring, making farming hell. b:chuckle

But anyways, that is one way to save up money for a herc. Farming works if you do not want to spend real life money. Otherwise, there's also TT runs. You can do them with a golem at solo.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think he means that it's frustrating and boring, making farming hell. b:chuckle

But anyways, that is one way to save up money for a herc. Farming works if you do not want to spend real life money. Otherwise, there's also TT runs. You can do them with a golem at solo.

He means from Hell - the place you unlock once you become demon/sage. The highest grade mats and herbs can only be farmed in Hell or Heaven (entrance to both is at 1K, might have noticed the red/blue door).

But I don't deny that farming is boring as hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He means from Hell - the place you unlock once you become demon/sage. The highest grade mats and herbs can only be farmed in Hell or Heaven (entrance to both is at 1K, might have noticed the red/blue door).

But I don't deny that farming is boring as hell.

Ah ok :D Thanks for clearing that up. Yep, heard mats there that drop are decent
  • Pandata - Harshlands
    Pandata - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Herc is 70m+.

sorry but what?
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sorry but what?

Easter is a holiday and that usually means an event that perfect world will put up. That's USUALLY the case, not sure though. But if it's true, that means there will probably be some new things in the cash shop and because of that, gold might inflate if it is high demand. So it's just buying low, selling back later for more revenue.

These are assumptions though, not totally 100% sure that an Easter event will definitely happen.
  • Ryanon - Raging Tide
    Ryanon - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    mooman321 wrote: »

Uh could you be any more of a jerk? Its none of your business why they can't put any real money into the game, moral or not. Heres an example, from my life. My husband and I have two kids, and one on the way. We both love to play this game. ITS A FREE TO PLAY MMORPG. We have bills, since, you know, we live in the real world. Not everyone can throw money into a game. And who are you to tell anyone they shouldn't be playing, for any reason, be it age, or whatever. Sounds like discrimination to me.
  • runemine
    runemine Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    From Hell?

Its a level 99 dungeon
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thanks for all the answers ^^ I think buying gold when it's down and selling it again at the time of an event is my best bet! :)
  • mooman321
    mooman321 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Uh could you be any more of a jerk? Its none of your business why they can't put any real money into the game, moral or not. Heres an example, from my life. My husband and I have two kids, and one on the way. We both love to play this game. ITS A FREE TO PLAY MMORPG. We have bills, since, you know, we live in the real world. Not everyone can throw money into a game. And who are you to tell anyone they shouldn't be playing, for any reason, be it age, or whatever. Sounds like discrimination to me.

It was meant to be a bit harsh

I stand by my 2 points.

1. Even a 13 or 14 year old can make some rl money. Mow lawns, clean gutters, babysit, weed flower beds.... Younger than that and they should not be playing. One, this game has mature content due to the nature of an mmo. Two it requires at least some maturity to work effectively with others. So yes, I am discriminating based on age

2. Any adult who has 150+ hours to spend picking up or killing pixils has 150 hours to earn some rl money. Since you put "your business" out there, it was your choice to have not one, or two, but three children. I hope to have some myself some day. I understand that you feel like you have NO TIME to earn extra income or can't justify spending it on a game, but it was your choice.

I have bills and a mortage too. I don't feel the herc's worth what pwi asks for it, but half...yeah its worth that to me. So i gave up time that i would be playing to do odd jobs the rest i farmed. The point of my thread was earning a herc entirely in game is extremely time consuming. Most people with that kind of time, can earn the rl money in about 1/5th the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thanks! I would really love to have a job, too. :)
    It's true, I do have a LOT of time but having a job is still impossible, right now anyway and is likely to be for a long while, too. :(

I hope you don't think I am too young, anyway! :)

Oh.. I used to have a little job when I was about 14 too. ^^
    Those days are long gone.. :(
  • Devined_dawn - Dreamweaver
    Devined_dawn - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ya, i dont have a job either. I am 18 and with this horrible economy, I had to be let go at my job and the military is out of the question. (I have to lose 2 whole inches lol) but I don't have the money to invest in the game either. And as for the guy that 'discriminates age' There are some rights and wrongs with that. Sure, some 8-year old should not play this game due to mostly 16+ play games of this nature so 'noob arguements' would be going on all the time (I had a 8 year old trying to start something with me yesterday, but thats what the blacklist button is for). But there is nothing that says you 'have' to be a certain age to play this game. There may be a esrp rating but that is literally a suggestion. It goes back to the Grand Theft Auto series arguements. If parents want to blame the game for their 8 year old learning words like, damn and **** and such, then games like this are not for them. So there is no 'age requirement' for this game, or any other mmo game in the world. And especially this being a "FREE" game. you are not required to pay, paying in this game is optional.

Anywho. Don't give up on gettin your pet. You will get it one day. Just fight for it and keep it going. I though I would never own fashion items, or a mount of any kind, now I own 3 sets of fashion and 2 mounts and I did not pay not 1 penny of rl money. jst keep goin b:victory
  • Devined_dawn - Dreamweaver
    Devined_dawn - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

I agree with your post, me being 18, and still living with my dad in this horrible economy, I may not have all the bills you do, but car insurence, cell phone payments, and gas and such, are barely what I can afford right now and I cant spend extra cash on games either. i played this game cuz it is FREE and FUN lol. and i wish ya luck on your 3rd child b:laughb:victoryb:laugh
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    But there is nothing that says you 'have' to be a certain age to play this game.

Allow me to disagree with you. Based on the TOS, Section 5

"5. Account
    You may be required to create an account (an "Account") to access our Games and certain features and functions or our Service. You must be 13 years of age or older to create an Account. If you are 13 or over, but are under the age of 18, we require that you review these Terms with your parents or guardian to ensure they read and agree to them. If you are the parent of guardian of a user of our website and you have questions about this website or these terms, please contact us at tos@perfectworldinc.com.

By creating an Account or otherwise using the Service, you represent that you are at least age 18 and agree to these Terms, or that you are over 13 years of age and your parents or legal guardian have read and agreed to these Terms, and you understand and agree that we are relying upon that representation in allowing you to use the Service. Only one person may use an Account."

http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms

So yes, 8 year olds should not be playing this game, since it is not allowed under the TOS.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    At 16 I think I'm fine then hehe ...