Just like life

2»

Comments

• BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    O_O the first thing that entered my head when i saw your post was:

that is a really pretty banner. (sorry i really like shiney, sparkly things XD)

now:
    -XD haha i love the ingame fashions their so pretty!-.- i just can't buy them...until i graduate high school, college, med school, and after my 2 years internship, and actually become a doctor -.-

- i know what you mean, when i first started the game gold was pretty affordable....then the economy droped, and it just mutated. -.-

LOL thanks b:laugh But omg I know right?? I just adore ingame fashion, you can't ruin the look it gives you compared to real life. Run in a dress in real life and you'll get what I mean xD
    And whoa O___O until you graduate?!?! Can't you ask your parents for money? Or get an allowence?? O__O

Anyways back on topic, yeah the gold was at such a good price.. I remember when they were under 100k in Harshlands.. b:cry Then all this other stuff built up to what we know as the "Pack Era" where prices sky rocket at a sale. Its funny to see people complain only about the packs when it was other sales that contributed to the uprising of it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Queen_Ari - Heavens Tear
    Queen_Ari - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LOL thanks b:laugh But omg I know right?? I just adore ingame fashion, you can't ruin the look it gives you compared to real life. Run in a dress in real life and you'll get what I mean xD
    And whoa O___O until you graduate?!?! Can't you ask your parents for money? Or get an allowence?? O__O

Anyways back on topic, yeah the gold was at such a good price.. I remember when they were under 100k in Harshlands.. b:cry Then all this other stuff built up to what we know as the "Pack Era" where prices sky rocket at a sale. Its funny to see people complain only about the packs when it was other sales that contributed to the uprising of it b:chuckle

-.- yep exactly,....this would be the where i wish i could go back in time and start the game earlier -.-
    edited February 2010
    thats what cash shop does...

-.-...uh for some reason i couldn't understand the point of your post. (are you saying that the money DOES give an advantage?)
  • _Lady - Dreamweaver
    _Lady - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes the cash shop does give the paying players an advantage. But I find that a lot of the time it's just like this:

1. Wait until 40, save up in game money, buy a cheap mount

or

Use gold, buy a lvl 20 mount

2. Wait until prices on fashion items drop due to a drop in popularity, save up money, buy them

or

Be the first to get said item using gold, but get it in a random colour from the cash shop.

3. Buy 3 star equipment with in game money

or

Sell gold, buy the best you can get

So what it boils down to is, yes paying players do have an advantage. But don't think you simply can't manage without gold, plenty of people get along fine without it.
    ~Characters~

_Lady: lvl 80 BM on Dreamweaver
    _Constantina: lvl 60 Cleric on Dreamweaver
    _Nomura: lvl 30 Wiz on Dreamweaver

Lady_Emal: lvl 61 BM on Sanctuary (Retired)
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm not sure if we're still talking about the same thing. It seems to me like you're talking about PWE selling items in the boutique while I'm talking about the price players are selling gold to other players for.

sorry people tell me im hard to follow.XD if the game lowered the prices in the boutique the players would lower the prices in game.(since more people could buy them if they charged more they wouldn't be able to sell anymore)
    Ah, makes sense now. Player mentality would be a problem though. Gold has been selling for 300k+ for so long that people would be hesitant to sell for much less than that.
    I liked the shards though.

The weapons they gave were either quickly outleveled or overshadowed by their counterparts *cough*FB19*cough* so I agree with you on that point.
    -.- and you couldn't even sell it for a decent price -.- (10 coins..wow..really? >.>)
    Oracles seemed a bit pointless to me but I ended up selling them for 100k so, while it isn't much, I can't complain (except that I couldn't sell them for more <_<).

Agreed. I liked having a glowy weapon at level 5 though.b;avoid
    O_O ...someone actually BOUGHT it for 100k?XD wow.
    Yep, I originally put it up as a joke in my catshop (along with a 2 mil pickaxe) and went to class. Came back and noticed they were sold.
    I had fun with the temporary flying mount. I did find it amusing that you can supposedly ride it at level 20 but you can't get it until level 40. Still wish it lasted longer.

-.- there is no way i would be able to enjoy the mount to the full extent since i can't get on during weekdays and my weekends are filled with test prep, homework, and projects -.-
    Yeah, I wish they lasted longer. My other characters are still riding their starter aerogear (got an Izzy on my veno from a friend, still need to pay her back).
    I have a barb and cleric on Heavens Tear. I also have a BM on Sanctuary, a sin and psychic on Harshlands, a wizard on Lost City, and finally a veno and archer on Dreamweaver. Yeah, I get around.b:avoid

ooo that is a nice button to use XD. O_o i checked last weekend -.- dang these prices are unstable -.- (well whenever i look anyways,...-.- for some reason everyone is able to get therre at the right time for deals -.- except me -.- i perfectly miss it apparently.
    That's a problem. >_<
    Gold prices have been chaotic for a while on some servers. I used to buy and sell gold for small profits here and there but I'm not willing to risk it anymore.
    Try the auction hall instead. I don't really like to sell through it but I can usually find things for cheap in there.

i could nvr figure out how to search for stuff on there. its like i see a page and im stuck.
    Use the filters to look for individual items. It's a bit confusing at first but you'll figure it out eventually. The search in auction just goes by auction number so it's pretty useless. If you see something that you think might be a good deal then add it to favorites and either compare the price to another item of the same kind or ask someone who knows how much it's worth.
    It's really not as hard for non cash shoppers to compete as everyone makes it out to be. I'm far from rich in real life so I can't charge zen much and I only do a moderate amount of buying and selling but I still get enough coins to keep all my toons decently geared. If I wanted to I could even get charms for most of them and refine some of my gear if I felt like it...but I'm a fashion addict.b:surrender
    no its not that hard to compete (until higher lvs since they will make money faster due to gold trade) its just that its easier to play the game. people who don't have the charms, the money, etc. will be slower at lving and keeping up.
    My opinion of the buying and selling is that it's just another part of the game. Sure, it's not as fun as some other things you can be doing but it's much more rewarding when you earn your own items instead of just buying them (making coins in game to buy items is sort of like earning them, just doesn't have the same feeling of accomplishment).
    If I can get by without really giving much effort to making coins then I'm sure that someone who cared more than I do can do better. And for the record, I'm also talking about my toons who aren't on the same server as my veno so they can't get any funding from her (she's actually the poorest because of her addiction to clothing). Obviously it'll be harder for some people due to different reasons but it's not impossible.
    anyway to make money without shoping around? because if i ever find something affordable im not able to sell it for a higher price. so i just stay away from all that and stick to budgeting and hoping for a good drop -.-
    Saving up coins will never make you rich. You'll have to learn how to play the market on your own. Read some of WarrenWolfy's posts to get an idea of what to do. Not being able to shop around west arch is going to make things difficult and you'll have to rely on the auction more. Listing fee in auction is a ***** and you'll have to take the 5%(?) they take off your earnings into account before you decide to sell something in there.
    Also, click the multi quote button to choose up to 3 posts.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Edit: WTF? Forum ate everything I said. O_o

Edit: Mostly fixed now.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    @ the OP, it might seem sad to you that PWI's gameplay can be so heavily influenced by cash shopping such as equipment... but think from the PWE's perspective, it's a business and they need to have incentives for people to spend money for them to earn money. They need to get their paychecks somewhere. Without cash shoppers, we wouldn't be playing this game o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tristrum - Dreamweaver
    Tristrum - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm going to vote Shnuggles to be the receiver of the "GM of Pure Win" award, just for that reply.
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited March 2010
    any time a GM breaks a rule it's considered a "Pure Lose". and i'm not referencing this thread in particular, just in general that is.

orinj
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
    edited March 2010
    @ the OP, it might seem sad to you that PWI's gameplay can be so heavily influenced by cash shopping such as equipment... but think from the PWE's perspective, it's a business and they need to have incentives for people to spend money for them to earn money. They need to get their paychecks somewhere. Without cash shoppers, we wouldn't be playing this game o.o

like i stated before, if they lowered prices they would get more shoppers (hence making the same amount of money) and even more since that would make a lot of players happy (hence talling their friends to join) and their revenue actually grows.
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    seerstil wrote: »
    Those that can afford it wipe the floor with those that can't. I guess this game is only to be a success for the cash shop buyers, and the rest of us get dumped on. Cheers PWI b:angry

Just like life...where u cry about not having money instead of going working to get some?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm guessing privacy of any account is not something you consider.

I am also guessing that you believe that every purchase is made with the card holders knowledge.

It's the internet u fool,aIt's not as if the GM can tell who was using your account.Give them the benefit of doubt and assume its you

I agree.W/o those cash shoppers,this game won't be a F2P game.It would become any other P2P game.So think before you type
  • seerstil
    seerstil Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Just like life...where u cry about not having money instead of going working to get some?

I have worked for 25 years, how long you worked, and play these games as a pass time in between doing all the normal stuff that real life throws at me.
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    Jlora - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    whatever just work $20 or $10 and buy a card from gamestop... $10.
  • Langdale - Raging Tide
    Langdale - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm afraid in the UK our options are one of the credit card methods or the mobile phone method, the later been a total rip off as u get far less gold for the money you pay.
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited March 2010
    I'm afraid in the UK our options are one of the credit card methods or the mobile phone method, the later been a total rip off as u get far less gold for the money you pay.

have you tried using ukash or paysafecard? you get a 1:1 ratio payout.

these are voucher-based, non credit-card payment options.

cheers,

orinj
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • Malibu - Raging Tide
    Malibu - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm really not sure what you're insinuating by saying the rich overtake the poor in this game. The only thing I can think of that you'd have to really spend a lot of money in cash shop for is adding a crapload of sockets. The rest of the things in cash shop are just for show. If you're talking about the people who sell gold for cash or buy mats from the cash shop and get nice equipment that way, here's some tips. I suggest that instead of buying mats from catshops or cash shop, you can farm them yourself and either use them or sell them, and if you're needing money to make some nice shards or need to buy a mold, go grind. Even my level 50 makes 100k in a quick grinding session just from npc selling dq. b:chuckle
  • Langdale - Raging Tide
    Langdale - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    orinj wrote: »
    have you tried using ukash or paysafecard? you get a 1:1 ratio payout.

these are voucher-based, non credit-card payment options.

cheers,

orinj

Didn't know they where just voucher based, both of these methods can be purchased anywhere in the UK that has a PAY POINT machine. I gave UKASH a try, you cannot convert to USD tho so it gets a bit confusing when charging your zen.
    edited March 2010
    It's the internet u fool,aIt's not as if the GM can tell who was using your account.Give them the benefit of doubt and assume its you

yes its the internet, but he didn't have to POST ACCOUNT info in a FORUM

I agree.W/o those cash shoppers,this game won't be a F2P game.It would become any other P2P game.So think before you type

...im really starting to wonder if people are reading this thread before posting. iv stated my opinion of this 3 times.
    edited March 2010

-.- *scoff* please, you can cry about not having money WHILE working to get some.
    edited March 2010
    whatever just work $20 or $10 and buy a card from gamestop... $10.

-.- that was a complettly pointless read. we knew that to begin with. $20 or $10 may not seem like a lot to you but now think about this:
    -$40,000 a semester in college
    -$textbooks ($100 each)
    -$dorm
    -$FOOD
    +no time to work
    = debt=> no money
    edited March 2010
    I'm really not sure what you're insinuating by saying the rich overtake the poor in this game. The only thing I can think of that you'd have to really spend a lot of money in cash shop for is adding a crapload of sockets. The rest of the things in cash shop are just for show. If you're talking about the people who sell gold for cash or buy mats from the cash shop and get nice equipment that way, here's some tips. I suggest that instead of buying mats from catshops or cash shop, you can farm them yourself and either use them or sell them, and if you're needing money to make some nice shards or need to buy a mold, go grind. Even my level 50 makes 100k in a quick grinding session just from npc selling dq. b:chuckle

no they really do:
    -like venos buy herc or nix
    -refine orbs
    -mats(save time=> more time to grind=> lv faster= easier)
    -boxes(tons of gems, mounts (speed=see above),etc.)
    -etc.

as someone earlier in this thread said:
    you can't get rich grinding. (because the things you need just get more and more pricey)
    edited March 2010
    I have worked for 25 years, how long you worked, and play these games as a pass time in between doing all the normal stuff that real life throws at me.

XD niiiicee, sorry to leave you to fight for yourself so long (school -.- ohhhh AP world is evil >.> -.-....i hate history. history is cyclical its gunna repeat even if we know it.>.>
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    -.- that was a complettly pointless read. we knew that to begin with. $20 or $10 may not seem like a lot to you but now think about this:
    -$40,000 a semester in college
    -$textbooks ($100 each)
    -$dorm
    -$FOOD
    +no time to work
    = debt=> no money

all true but you forgot one thing.

some of us held a full-time job while going to school full-time and still managed to have free money. so is life, the game is not fair as everyone thinks. i know more then a few player that have amazing gear that have not spent one dime on this game. it is possible but WAIT omg you have to WORK FOR IT. b:shutup

you do not have to cs to advance in this game, you just may have to work a little harder.

to get rich 101 ->

grind (yes it can be done)
    merchant items
    farm herbs
    farm mats
    famr hh
    be paitient

you can make at a minimum 1mill of coins a day if you put about 30minutes of effort into the game. if your good, you can make 50mill coins in a night b:cute

AND USE MULTI-QUOTE BUTTON
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XMidKnight - Lost City
    XMidKnight - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    if your good, you can make 50mill coins

Oh Really b:surrender

Share ur secrets pl0x