heavy cleric or mage cleric

Options
edited March 2010 in Cleric
i wanna know heavy cleric is good on pvp or mage cleric better on pvp.
Post edited by avataras on

Comments

• Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    heavy cleric is about useless in any situation unless ofcourse you want to dump **** loads of money into it then it can almost reach the level of mediocre
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    what heavy cleric lol? thats like lots of money i would say go arcana and add garnets if ya have enough hp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Skooomu - Lost City
    Skooomu - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Circumventing the chat filter is not allowed- FrankieRaye
    On A Epic Quest To Prove Heavy Armored Clerics Can Own
    Pm me if you need bosses done(Within reason)
    I dont need a squad=)
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wall of text

As a Heavy Cleric:

Your heals suck
    Your damage sucks

So basically the only thing you are semi good for is to take a few extra hits from a barb/bm/sin before you die. Since you cant deal enough damage to take anyone down, you are merely a squishy punching bag.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ............ill tell you anything but my stats................

can you at least tell us ur magic attack hp and mp since you already told us ur phys and mag def
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lol HA Cleric. b:laugh
    I r arcane Sin. b:surrender
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    everyone says its **** but HA cleric IS actually possible, and CAN be near arcane cleric overall stats.

BUT

downside its you need some pretty good cash to back it up. Do a search on 'HA clerics' in the cleric forums and youll see a couple of good builds using the PWI calculator, that have come up in the past (there alot of them). if your not a MAG who.re and have money to spare, then its actually not that bad.

i would have assumed at least one of the the experienced clerics would have pointed this out than outright dismissing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    everyone says its **** but HA cleric IS actually possible, and CAN be near arcane cleric overall stats.

BUT

downside its you need some pretty good cash to back it up. Do a search on 'HA clerics' in the cleric forums and youll see a couple of good builds using the PWI calculator, that have come up in the past (there alot of them). if your not a MAG who.re and have money to spare, then its actually not that bad.

i would have assumed at least one of the the experienced clerics would have pointed this out than outright dismissing it.

From what I can remember you didnt even think HA was viable until quite recently. b:chuckle

But Des is right tho- HA can be made to work, though i would disagree in that you should be able to make it work without spending huge amounts of money.

Post a pwcalc of your build so we can give feedback on it! ^_^
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @ above 2 posts, at 100 MAYBE.. but 8x...? cmon <_<
    edited March 2010
    Options
    From what I can remember you didnt even think HA was viable until quite recently. b:chuckle

But Des is right tho- HA can be made to work, though i would disagree in that you should be able to make it work without spending huge amounts of money.

i didnt say it wasnt viable ;o my point was that if you have the amount spent on HA to make it worthwhile vs arcane, then its better to use that money to buff up on arcane refinement. Cause my personal preferance is keeping full MAG and having hp/pdef of same or above LA.
    they didnt state lvl
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i didnt say it wasnt viable ;o my point was that if you have the amount spent on HA to make it worthwhile vs arcane, then its better to use that money to buff up on arcane refinement. Cause my personal preferance is keeping full MAG and having hp/pdef of same or above LA.

they didnt state lvl

I was quoting/responding to Skooomu, a 81 HA cleric. Pay attention woman >:O (throws coffee @ Deceptistar)
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I was quoting/responding to Skooomu, a 81 HA cleric. Pay attention woman >:O (throws coffee @ Deceptistar)
    i was pointing to the OP D< b:avoid
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options

I used since HA 7x b:shy
    --Retired--

• Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    As a Heavy Cleric:

Your heals suck
    Your damage sucks
    You suck

Fixed it for you Bob b:cute
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options

Here's a build at 90. I tried to keep it within some reason for a non cash shopper. Mostly TT only Lunar weapon as the other Lunar gear I dont even know if you can still get the gold Lunar stuff other than weapon. and no cash shop items except for a lvl 4 tome (needs mystical tome pages) but those are usually available in game. This works as is at 90 but not sure how it would work until then as the magic stats are very gear dependent since i wanted to use element ornaments to get the magic res up a bit. http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=c28851bbe57050dd

The stats are self buffed.

Cash shop gear would be much easier to use http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=cc3b8bfbf335f72d

Still want to see the actual builds of you all HA clerics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options

Lies!! b:chuckle I'm sure a while ago you said HA wasnt viable because you couldnt make a decent endgame build on pwcalc without using lower lvl magic weapon... or something along those lines. b:puzzled lol sorry i have no idea how long ago that was or which thread- maybe you dont even remember saying it! =D

Making HA work within a similar sort of budget to your typical arcane build is the difficult thing. Most recent example is Pippin's HA cleric build which whilst its good, spending the same on arcane would have been better. My build is not quite as impressive and it does cost a little bit more than similar arcane cleric but i think its a good all round build.

Full mag? I thought you were looking at having 100 vit? o_O?
    --Retired--

edited March 2010
    Options
    Lies!! b:chuckle I'm sure a while ago you said HA wasnt viable because you couldnt make a decent endgame build on pwcalc without using lower lvl magic weapon... or something along those lines. b:puzzled lol sorry i have no idea how long ago that was or which thread- maybe you dont even remember saying it! =D

Making HA work within a similar sort of budget to your typical arcane build is the difficult thing. Most recent example is Pippin's HA cleric build which whilst its good, spending the same on arcane would have been better. My build is not quite as impressive and it does cost a little bit more than similar arcane cleric but i think its a good all round build.

Full mag? I thought you were looking at having 100 vit? o_O?
    ya i remember the thread clearly. budget was the thing that made it not viable for me because everyone was using things like the scroll of tome >.>; if i had that much money i would want to try it out tho. But to get the mag attack back to this arcane lv would require absurd refinement. Altho with Rose's VIT100 build, i saw that the stats were almost as near as HA with decent refines and shards.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

BUT

the OP's post is talking about HA clerics in PvP tho.

i recall it being possible but the magic attack making me cry. if we're talking about something other than my silly build then post the link lol

my conclusion of HA compared to vit arcane is that, assuming +5 refines on most equipment, as HA you will have about 1k more hp, inverted pdef and mdef stats compared to AA, but lose 2k magic attack. HA really starts to shine in hp when you refine to something crazy.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty