Harpy Wriath

Options
Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary
Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Calling all Demons Lvl92 and higher on Sanctuary Server Post your names/class and time available below if you want to join up to kill Harpy Wraith for our Demon Quest.

Nef and Regi are not interested so we're trying to form our own squads
Post edited by Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    No way....we have to kill Harpy Wraith o_O?

Troll? o.o

Or you mean the one in rebirth...which is on your side or something isn't it.
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    She's serious... from what I've heard, Harpy Wraith (the world boss, not the one in Rebirth) is a Demon-path quest target.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary
    Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yes I'm serious and your information is slightly wrong Harpy Wraith is a Demon Quest at level 92 and he's not a World Boss he's classed as a special boss
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor...you're going to need it.

b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Aleckane - Sanctuary
    Aleckane - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm down for killin Harpy.

Folks who want to go for it need to make sure they have an asston of GA's, or their EXP is at 0.0, because from what i've read the DD's will die ALOT.

Oh well though. Lemme know when we're gonna do this thing. Hope it's after i'm 99 at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You ain't gotta like me. You just mad cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be." -Alec Kane-
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have same quest too, u will need a barb with 25k hp to tank it, and its really helpfull if he has pangus axes too..

The rest good luck cause a lot of u gonna die..........
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    Ishmah - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I've killed Harpy a couple of times with guild and that quest never updated for me. I think to get the update you need to be in the main group that does the most damage.
    Good luck. Prepare to die many times.
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I guess Im in when im on.. mind throwing in a WC when its about to happen? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ask very nicely if Templar wants to tank, he has or at least had 44k HP in tiger. b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    *never got that quest and is a Celestial Demon now*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    *never got that quest and is a Celestial Demon now*

its the one quest where umm I think you gotta kill a miniboss in hell 1st, then heaven, then it takes u to 1k streams and tells u to kill harpy. Trashed it once I found out I had to kill harpy :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think the Harpy Quest is glitched - you can kill Harpy Wraith but you won't get the kill, or if you do get the kill you can't turn it in anyway. From what I've heard, you don't get the kill.

So if you actually manage to kill Harpy Wraith, congratulations. You'll die many times in learning how to deal with it, and even if you manage, you still won't finish your quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have same quest too, u will need a barb with 25k hp to tank it, and its really helpfull if he has pangus axes too..

The rest good luck cause a lot of u gonna die..........

I can tank it :O

but I'm not on Sanc b:surrender

lol

cheesecake
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    harpy has been killed by sanc before, dont see it being impossible for them to do it again. you see, the power of the visa/mastercard is almighty compared to harpy wraith.

i wrote my memoirs of an NPC contest based on this quest line b:chuckle , hopefully it wins, because it was well written piece >>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ask very nicely if Templar wants to tank, he has or at least had 44k HP in tiger. b:chuckle

SS or it's a troll :O
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    its not really a lie, dude has sage hp buff + sage true form + +10 armors and 4x +10 vit stones, on a pretty much pure tank build.

their entire guild splurges on the CS, or in some rare instances some with abusive power steal guild funds to gear, like previous leaders who wont be mentioned. *cough devalis*cough*

some how managed to get looped in with him on an FB51, mobbed the entire FB, almost got us killed alot, i ended up tanking the bosses... was a... weird experience at best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options

It's not a troll. Of course I can't verify that, but I can tell you it is 100% true. I know that from people who have squaded with him. Just like Wizzeled has 14k HP as a LA user.
  • Logani - Sanctuary
    Logani - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    temp is @ 34k last i heard not 44 >_>

gl w/ harpy
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ask very nicely if Templar wants to tank, he has or at least had 44k HP in tiger.
    He had about 33.3 last time I squaded with him. But 44 is bs... Even with a dif weap...
    It's not a troll. Of course I can't verify that, but I can tell you it is 100% true.
    SS or BS. duno where u're getting this from.
    i wrote my memoirs of an NPC contest based on this quest line , hopefully it wins, because it was well written piece >>;

b:victory Gluck.

One reason u might not be getting kill is the squad with most DD is getting it. Just like when a few squads are killing a wb, after it's done only 1 can pick up the loot for a while...

cheezedude u killed harpy in 1 squad, I think the bm was a demon (might be wrong) if I remember correctly. Did he get the kill?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He had about 33.3 last time I squaded with him. But 44 is bs... Even with a dif weap...

b:victory Gluck.

One reason u might not be getting kill is the squad with most DD is getting it. Just like when a few squads are killing a wb, after it's done only 1 can pick up the loot for a while...

cheezedude u killed harpy in 1 squad, I think the bm was a demon (might be wrong) if I remember correctly. Did he get the kill?

I don't think he had the quest, but Aubree in squad didn't get it either. probably glitched >.>
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Trashed it once I found out I had to kill harpy :P

Same.

Saw the 40k ish XP reward and trashed it
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ..Seriously? You have to solo Harpy? With a "cleric healing outside of squad"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options

I can't say 100% sure it's 44k, but that's what I heard. I heard it from a 99 archer who squads with him often enough. Could just be a typo or something.
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ..Seriously? You have to solo Harpy? With a "cleric healing outside of squad"?

actuly if it is similar to oricals you just need to do half the dmg then others can DD but half of harpy wraith solo still = b:shocked b:cry good thing i rarely do my quests b:chuckle when i go demon i probly will just skip it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SinCentaur - Dreamweaver
    SinCentaur - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    get on youtube and search chezedude harpywraith cheze is an archer and tanked it and pretty much dealt all the damage as well and killed it faster than some vids from other servers that had multiple squads..you just gotta be obnoxiously overpowered is all...go watch the video..no other way to describe it..